The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Frags getting nerfed from 20% to 10%

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, more nerfs?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnecessary. Nobody was asking for it, people were complaining about dark deal.
    Sorcerers don't have MANY burst option as they claim, they only have 2 in fact and that's all they have. If they can't burst a target, then what should they do ?

I think it's a stupid change and not needed at all.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh lord. The sorc tears will blot out the sun!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid nerf nobody asked for
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    The should leave crystal frag alone. The do need to nerf damage mitigation affecting wards. That will proabably put the world back in balance.
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh lord. The sorc tears will blot out the sun!

This right here is a prime example why this community is such *** right now.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They announced this on the live show?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it "from 25% to 10%?" On an ability that already procs too rarely? Hope non-sorcs are happy!

Cause this is a sideways f***ing with a broken-glass d****.

(Hyperbole FTW. Honestly, though, the nerfs to other classes were bad. Like, are-you-insane?-level bad. So this is a both a shockingly-stupid nerf and a we-got-off-light nerf at the same time.)
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 28, 2017 7:42PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to How the rest of the classes feel.
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough.
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% from one skill is nothing taken from their burst and stam sorcs still get a cost free cc immunity through dark deal.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Unnecessary. Nobody was asking for it, people were complaining about dark deal.
    Sorcerers don't have MANY burst option as they claim, they only have 2 in fact and that's all they have.

It's really interesting watching them get all defensive and saying "of course we play the game" then turning around and saying things that anyone who plays knows are objectively false.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Welcome to How the rest of the classes feel.

Other classes feel nerfed in terms of sustain.
    But crystal shard is our main damage and key ability and for how easy to avoid it is, it should hit hard.
    I even remember last year, they commented on a thread and said "For what it does, we have no plans to adjust the damage of crystal shard" I think it was Gina Bruno.

Adjust dark deal if you feel like it, but not our class defining key ability. 10% is pretty huge imo.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wrobel why are you nerfing sorcs on one of their most useful skills? This patch aims for resource management, and now you are making dmg nerfs?

When we told you we wanted a balanced game BEFORE getting a 5th class, we wanted to avoid exactly this. You have NO CLUE about what to do right now.

But you already sold the warden as the big expansion without giving a *** on what was happening on live. If you wanted to kill the game, you couldn't have done a better job... congratulations...

Revert the changes, otherwise tou are gonna see your game die...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I was wrong. It was 20% to 10%.

So don't call this a 10% nerf. This is a 50% nerf on proc.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okey, can someone please tell me what the hell is the actual nerf? Damage, proc chance? Or what? More precision would really help since I am sitting for next 15 hours in car/bus and cant watch eso live.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this does is reinforce the new heavy attack meta they are cramming down our throats. Frags is no longer worth a spot on anyone's bar in PVE. In PVP, burst just got a bit harder to time, but that's about it.

Seriously, who the F is piloting this sinking ship? This is not about one skill or a specific nerf. Sorcs could certainly use their damage toned down a bit, but this doesn't really accomplish that, as it will be 2-3k DPS loss at most if it were live. Frags pulls 4-5k DPS even on ridiculous OP parses, so even a 60% nerf at most is a 3k DPS loss.

This is just one more step down the path of Heavy Attacks Online.

Serious question, are morrowind pre-order refunds available? I am not going to play a game where all I do is hold down the LMB.

• Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't campaign or celebrate any nerfs. But dang it if a lot of these names weren't in threads last week loling and saying, "nerf was neccesary, deal with it." Tough to feel too bad, though this is another headscratcher.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please. Cry me a river. Welcome to magicka nb hell. We've had nothing but nerfs since 1.5/1.6. You get a free double proc curse, rediculous shields, dark deal, and insane burst. You guys crying about a nerf? Lol.
    Edited by LegacyDM on April 28, 2017 8:02PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this does is reinforce the new heavy attack meta they are cramming down our throats. Frags is no longer worth a spot on anyone's bar in PVE. In PVP, burst just got a bit harder to time, but that's about it.

Seriously, who the F is piloting this sinking ship? This is not about one skill or a specific nerf. Sorcs could certainly use their damage toned down a bit, but this doesn't really accomplish that, as it will be 2-3k DPS loss at most if it were live. Frags pulls 4-5k DPS even on ridiculous OP parses, so even a 60% nerf at most is a 3k DPS loss.

This is just one more step down the path of Heavy Attacks Online.

Serious question, are morrowind pre-order refunds available? I am not going to play a game where all I do is hold down the LMB.

True. I honestly already dropped it from my pve bar, because I don't feel like it really adds to my dps instead of other things that I could have there.

Now it's definately set in stone.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I was wrong. It was 20% to 10%.

So don't call this a 10% nerf. This is a 50% nerf on proc.

It is a 50% nerf on the BONUS damage on proc.

So a 20,000 normal CF, will now hit for 22k instead of 24k when it procs.

For comparison, when they nerfed RD on Templars a 20k tick now hits for 15.8k. That's a true nerf to the b***s.

Still, I agree, wrong skill again ZoS. Dark deal, and shield stack are issues.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a free cast when it procs,why wouldn't they nerf it? It's part of the zos "master plan"
    Edited by Mojmir on April 28, 2017 8:06PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice nerf for so-called "easy avoidable" ability, haha.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a free cast when it procs,why wouldn't they nerf it? It's part of the zos "master plan"

It's not a free cast. it only has reduced cost.
    People who don't even know the class and how these abilities are working.... These are the right ones.
    Edited by Dracane on April 28, 2017 8:07PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    But crystal shard is our main damage and key ability and for how easy to avoid it is, it should hit hard.
    "Our"?

I don't use CS in my rotation. Takes too long to proc and the 0.09% chance of an instant cast isn't worth it.

It's supposed to be a spell, not a crutch.

I don't mind if the spell is being nerfed, but a zero cast time would be helpful. Then, I'd see some value of it in my rotation.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously you have no idea about sorc. Its not free cast, the proc has reduced cost by 50%
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a free cast when it procs

You use the phrase "free cast" in an odd way.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a NB, and to me this is sad, because somewhat misapplied nerfs are sad.

That said this is pretty LOL!!!!! :) I mean ZOS sees all the threads about everyone switching to SORCs, so they have to take a shot at SORCs to ensure the OPness of the WARDEN, and your purchase of Morrowind to access the class?

They already got my money and sub when I found out David Zeb Cook has been involved in the development (you know, "ZEB" of TSR fame!). No need for more nerfs ZOS, you've already got my money.

Edited by QuebraRegra on April 28, 2017 8:10PM