The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

That Troll king

zuto40
zuto40
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a 1vXer and i heard troll king was broken so i hopped onto this bandwagon hoping to be able to slay even more cp 10's at once but im finding the healing to be well, average at best, i noticed engine guardian provided more utility and more healing when it procd the heal, ive got 2k regen when troll king pops so ive come to 2 conclusions, 1 everyone sucks and troll king isnt op, or 2 its cause im not using it correctly, i wear medium armor and run on a stamblade(not gankblade) solo in open world, so which is it and if im not using it correctly how to i abuse it correctly?
Stamblade- Legate
Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
Magic DK- Corporal
Stam DK- Sergeant
Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people like to use gold food or tri drink to increase the effectiveness. Also on Stamplar or cp allocation you can proc it without even doing anything. It is very efficient, cannot be debuffed (actually it can apparently), and hits people around you. It seems pretty strong to me.
    Edited by LeifErickson on April 1, 2017 2:12AM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major vitality pot
    Plenty of CP into healing done and received
    Troll king
    Vigor/Rally as usual
    Keep on dodge rolling

Have fun. Your combined healing ticks can outdo most incoming damage.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its strong af, basicly 100% uptime and hpregen cant be countered by other ppl.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to take your cancer to the next level, use Viper+Incap for your burst and craft yourself some heavy Orgnum's Scales to skyrocket Troll King's efficacy and send that HP recovery stat to the moon.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    delete
    Edited by usmcjdking on April 1, 2017 2:08AM
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people like to use gold food or tri drink to increase the effectiveness. Also on Stamplar or cp allocation you can proc it without even doing anything. It is very efficient, cannot be debuffed (actually it can apparently), and hits people around you. It seems pretty strong to me.

i'm a stamblade
    Solariken wrote: »
    If you want to take your cancer to the next level, use Viper+Incap for your burst and craft yourself some heavy Orgnum's Scales to skyrocket Troll King's efficacy and send that HP recovery stat to the moon.

incap sucks and im a stamblade
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    delete

yeet
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't scale well as you fight more and more opponents. It is very strong in 1v1 duels though or fighting 2 or 3 opponents. Won't do much if a zerg is beating on you, you're better off with pirate skeleton at that point.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King is a fantastic set in both PvE and PvP. Don't underestimate those free heals lol. If you're a Vampire you won't benefit as much, but even then it will be quite powerful.

You get the equivalent of 12 Health Recovery bonuses from this set's proc, and it can usually be kept at a 100% uptime in combat plus you can give it to your allies, pairing well with Vigor, Purifying Ritual, amd many other AoE heals.

In PvE it is amazing for an offtank. In PvP it is amazing for both group and solo play alike.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 1, 2017 3:38AM
    Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

i'm a stamblade

delete

yeet

What I said applies to stamblade and incap doesn't suck.
    Options
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on my stamblade just because its basically a 2nd vigour at this point 2.4k health rec its really strong when using shadow image well and eternal hunt etc and just playing well on a stamblade will make this set even stronger, yes its brokenly good on the tanky builds who arent vamp due to their high rec but on a stamblade the set can truly shine/be abused isn't that right @Grumble_and_Grunt.
    Edited by Chair on April 1, 2017 3:49PM
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my mag blade I use strife and mutagen which both have (or should have) a 100% uptime in combat. This paired with Troll King makes it so I can heal up passively during 1 (maybe 2) cloaks. The difference between vamp/no vamp is really small as we're talking 1800 vs 2000 regen (or something to that effect).
    An added bonus for me is that mutagen also effect team mates and it's cool to see troll king proc all around you. "proc" is wrong I guess. Activate.
    Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when i was still playing, Trollking gave me 3800 healthreg on my Orcblade after Pot use.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to use trollking correctly:

Have a pot active that buffs healthrecovery.
    Have a race that buffs healthrecovery.
    Have a class with passives increasing healthrecovery.

These should give you anywhere between 50-70% increase on your healthrec (the trollking procc alone should net you ~2500 healthrec).
    Coupled with goldfood and baserec and CPs you should see between 3500 and 4500 healthrecovery (on medium armor builds).

Btw. has anyone else noticed that ZOS sneakily changed defile CP to be multiplicative again instead of being an additive value? Way to go.
    Edited by Derra on April 1, 2017 10:00AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most overrated garbage set for PVE. 2% Healing Done is about the worst one piece trait for any outgoing healing, worse than Spell Damage/Weapon Damage or Max Magicka/Max Stamina. You have no idea what you are doing if you use it in PVE content.
    Options
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    The most overrated garbage set for PVE. 2% Healing Done is about the worst one piece trait for any outgoing healing, worse than Spell Damage/Weapon Damage or Max Magicka/Max Stamina. You have no idea what you are doing if you use it in PVE content.

*Cough* Alliance War tab
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue with Troll King too. I don't have many issues with people who use Troll King and I don't think it's more unbalanced than Skeleton Pirate or Bloodspawn. Proc sets are far worse in my opinion because you don't have to do any work at all to get cheesy kills. I'd rather fight someone who uses Troll King than someone who uses Skoria or Selene.

Either nerf Troll King and half of the 2p sets with it together or leave it as it is.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see the issue with Troll King too. I don't have many issues with people who use Troll King and I don't think it's more unbalanced than Skeleton Pirate or Bloodspawn. Proc sets are far worse in my opinion because you don't have to do any work at all to get cheesy kills. I'd rather fight someone who uses Troll King than someone who uses Skoria or Selene.

Either nerf Troll King and half of the 2p sets with it together or leave it as it is.

The way I see it, getting kills with a damage proc set and having your life saved by a defensive proc set are equally cheesy.

But that's the game we're playing.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way I see it, getting kills with a damage proc set and having your life saved by a defensive proc set are equally cheesy.

I disagree.
    It's not the same level of cheese.
    TK requires you to be actively healing to proc, *and* your health needs to be under 60% while doing so.
    With the massive burst damage a lot of players can pull off, this means you need to be really careful to keep those heal ticks up all the time.
    IMHO it's one of the least cheesy proc sets because of the double condition - you can't sit on your thumbs and wait for it to proc as easily as the other proc sets. You have to be active and vigilant to some extent.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm a stamblade

delete

yeet

What I said applies to stamblade and incap doesn't suck.

you started talking about stamplar, and no incap is trash, multiple chances to miss, can be blocked, dodged, and sometimes it doesnt even fire
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main issue i have with the games defensive sets is that they reinforce the only burst meta - because essentially you have to kill someone wearing malubeth, trollking, pirate fast enough so they can not make use of their defensive set.

It would be a lot more interesting if for instance pirate only activated if you took more than 50% hp dmg in one second (or 30 to 40% in one hit) or something like that.
    In this process making them useful to combat instaburst but undesireable on tank builds.

Can´t think of sth useful for trollking though (maybe activate on heals when someone is healdebuffed).
    Edited by Derra on April 1, 2017 2:57PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer ESO AvA with only crafted armor and weapon sets. Away with all cheese!
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree in PVP a ton of people run Vamp doesn't that really affect Troll King?
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I would prefer ESO AvA with only crafted armor and weapon sets. Away with all cheese!

Would favor magica builds tremendously imo.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either heavy armor for the extra health regen, or as a medium armor nightblade using dodge and cloak will let the regn make you hard to stop.

I wouldn't call it broken, it's good if you build around health regen, also a great healer set.
    Edited by Domander on April 1, 2017 7:25PM
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd drop wearing defensive sets if "insert instant hitting 20k+ combo jombos" removed.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I'd drop wearing defensive sets if "insert instant hitting 20k+ combo jombos" removed.

Except troll king doesn't prevent that. And what combo hits you that hard other than a gank?
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll king, while actively taking damage, has a near 100% uptime since it can be procced, on you and allies, without cooldown. The real beauty of troll king isn't just what it adds to you, but the synergy it has in groups and the fact that it can be used effectively by virtually all classes without changing anything that you normally do in a fight.

There's no other useful defensive set that procs on your actions and can be relied upon to have high uptime 1v1 or outnumbered and there's nothing in the game that let's you provide so much pvp group utility for only 2 pieces of gear.

The reason I don't think it shines as much on medium armor stamblade is because often times you're cloaking and using the guaranteed crit for a fat burst heal. Where it really shines is on builds with several HoTs running; rally, vigor, blood craze, surge, ritual, etc. In these setups, you'll proc troll king the second someone burst you, have tons of HoTs and the healing from troll king making you a tanky animal.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 2, 2017 12:43AM
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys lets all drop Incap cause some dude says its trash when in fact its one of the strongest ultimates in the game.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys lets all drop Incap cause some dude says its trash when in fact its one of the strongest ultimates in the game.

how about this, i'll switch to eu, i'll make a stamblade, then we can duel for 500 mil, i'll use dawnbreaker and you use incap, and when your incap is dodged, blocked, and half of it misses i'll laugh and break the dawn right on your silly little nightblades face
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

how about this, i'll switch to eu, i'll make a stamblade, then we can duel for 500 mil, i'll use dawnbreaker and you use incap, and when your incap is dodged, blocked, and half of it misses i'll laugh and break the dawn right on your silly little nightblades face

Sure.
    Doubt your DBoS will do much damage because its an AoE attack and I use Deadly Cloak along with some other pretty nice mitigation things.
    Edited by Izaki on April 2, 2017 2:13AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options