The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

So how do you like housing?

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @vamp_emily there is a weekend furniture vendor.........

He can be found in Ciceros in Coldharbor. You can buy luxury decorations from him, he has a rotating inventory and is similar to the cyrodiil vendor.

Ciceros is near the bank in Hollow City :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • Pathemavan
    Pathemavan
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    best tip i can give you on housing is don't get bogged down in grinding for mats.

I'm a little different than most, I like grinding :)

I do have a few questions. Is there a weekend vendor that shows up in coldharbor? I think I heard someone talking about it. If so, where are they located? Do they sell good stuff? Is it expensive?

Sure is - Luxury vendor's name is Zanil Theran. He's at Cicero's in the Hollow City. Rotating stock weekly and a bit pricey
    Options
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely despise it. Housing is a waste of resources and an unnecessary strain on the already stressed servers. Housing offers nothing useful at all - just makes longer loading screens and more crashes. Haven't bothered with the quest - it can stay pinned to the damn wall.

Why do I feel that you watch youtube videos of some popular streamer and then come to the forum and say things like "the game sucks" or "the game is dead and nobody is playing", just because someone else said it. To me you are very one sided for some reason, not sure why because you haven't even completed the quest.

Also, stress on the server? I'm sure someone told you that too. I might be wrong but I'm sure these houses are not on the same server, so who knows it could be LESS stress on the server.

The amount of crashes and infinite loading screens that I've had to sit through have increased tremendously since the release of Homestead. My opinions are my own - I don't watch anything on Twitch or Youtube regarding ESO. I get a small amount of time during the week to play and I'm rightfully pissed that much of it is spent looking a f*** loading screen or the dashboard. As a IRL developer, I know crap code when I see it. Homestead should never have been released in its current state. It needed much more testing given how unstable Trials, most cities, and even Cyrodiil have become since its release.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    They should have made each house unique. All are copy pasted from other in game buildings , just copy paste & put a wall around it with a portal door.
    Other than that they are really boring without interactive NPCs or functionality. It did make me a good amount of gold hustling the housing related items , that markets died off quickly though. Just a meaningless gold dump
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the most part I enjoy it very much. I wish materials were easier/faster to get. I wish furnishing cap wasn't so low. I wish fewer things were crown store exclusives (like stacks of books, incidentals) I wish Shalidor's library didn't suck so much.

and I kinda wish prices on everything from vendors weren't so high. but... I'm guessing its supposed to be a gold sink. I just don't really have all that much gold that needs to be taken out of the economy :P that said... I... kinda have a problem where i cannot stop buying and decorating houses. so yeah, overall I'm having fun. I think its a very nice housing system foundation that with improvements can be absolutely fantastic.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the free one in Auridon, threw in some drapes, bed, and table. Haven't been back to it since.

Every time I see Moonmirth, I "preview" it just to see it again. Then I see the price tag for unfurnished: 50k. Cheap, right? Still haven't bought it. It bugs me my windows don't actually show anything outside the building.

This may sound ridiculous, but I actually have more fun collecting "recipes" for the house than the house itself. Ooh! A Kahjiit carpet, faded! Cha-ching!

I couldn't craft much anyway. So few tempers to build. :disappointed:
    Options
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, I quite like Homestead. There are parts that I really enjoy, such as creating gardens in outdoor spaces. Some of the smaller player homes in particular suit my characters really well. I don't find crafting furniture or gathering materials a chore because of the way I choose to play - irregularly, and at a relaxed pace. Plus, I have nothing else to spend my gold on at the moment. The sheer amount of things available to furnish homes is really impressive.

There are things I find frustrating. Lack of storage is obviously the biggest 'faux pas' as far as I am concerned given how vocal the community has been about the importance they place on it pre and post launch, and no amount of deflection to the argument for using bank and player storage will convince me otherwise. The item limit is far too low for those homes where you want lots of detail, which could arguably be all of them. And of course, housing remains borderline functionally redundant.

Homestead has promise, and i'm happy to spend my time on it because I think it is a fun distraction. But it feels incomplete, and that's possibly because it is. I'm still hopeful for non race-specific housing, or at the very least variations of what we have at the moment.

And tents, for those of us who wander and explore...
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item cap killed it for me. The grind for materials/blueprints is rough enough (not to mention gold sink) but what's the point if you can't even finish it.

I'm not concerned with functionality because this will be added later guaranteed (coming to a crown store near you).

What I don't get is why Zos would literally limit the number of items thereby limited the number of possible crown store sales from furnishings. Either they flat out misjudged this or they are planning to sell more cap space later on in some way.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    What I don't get is why Zos would literally limit the number of items thereby limited the number of possible crown store sales from furnishings. Either they flat out misjudged this or they are planning to sell more cap space later on in some way.

I think ZOS likes to make us suffer sometimes. Then when we are on our hands and knees praying for them to fix it. They will put this in the crown store:

10 extra storage slots for housing: 1000 crowns

Then people will come to the forum and say:

Thank You, ZOS!
    Good Deal!
    Sold!
    That is Cheap!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't used it since it serves no real purpose.
    Options
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,I bought a house...and have barely been back there since...this socalled housing simply has no purpose.....no storage,no interactivity...its just a dark box with no doors or windows......just my opinion...but it just seems pointless in its current state o.O

Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agobi wrote: »
    Well,I bought a house...and have barely been back there since...this socalled housing simply has no purpose.....no storage,no interactivity...its just a dark box with no doors or windows......just my opinion...but it just seems pointless in its current state o.O

Well you better start thinking inside the box and start decorating. I think we need to have some housing contests with prizes :)

I'm sure I won't be winning anything but some people out there are really creative.

Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    best tip i can give you on housing is don't get bogged down in grinding for mats.

I'm a little different than most, I like grinding :)

I do have a few questions. Is there a weekend vendor that shows up in coldharbor? I think I heard someone talking about it. If so, where are they located? Do they sell good stuff? Is it expensive?

Yup

Shows in ciceros shop right nesr the bank.

Has had good flowers, lights, etc. Usually something at 2500, 5k and higher.

I have bought some each week.

Shows upnin about 6 hours from now.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed housing, but not as much I thought I would. The port-out delay is a nuisance (makes no sense in a safe environment like my homes), too limited in displaying Trophies and Collectibles, a large home purchased and no expanded storage, and moving some items around is a pain. If I want to move a bookcase or wine rack, I have to move the shell of the item, then the contents. Not very user friendly. Needs to be a way to grab the entire "unit" and move it as one. Also, home placement is not as well balanced between zones as I thought it would be. But, overall, I do not dislike it. Just hoping it improves over time.

Edit: also, my wife says you cannot access the guild bank(s) from the banker placed at your house. I did not know this as I don't belong to any guilds. Not sure why they would restrict guild bank access.
    Edited by Quigster on March 24, 2017 6:16PM
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played 18 MMORPGS and I have never partaken in any player housing. I thought it would be a gimmick and even in LOTRO, the guild i was in had a guild hall which was fun for a few minutes, it ultimately still felt gimmicky. Idk if its because im a GM and watched the guild come together to purchase a really nice Guild Hall for the community, or what, but I feel a sense of pride, and sincere personalized ownership of the player housing in ESO.

having the furnishings tied to achievements really helped with this feeling too imho. being able to walk from chamber to chamber seeing familiar and breath taking furnishings is truly stimulating. I paid a lot of detail into making the Guild Hall not only aesthetically pleasing, but also making it very functional for my Guild. I feel like we have a personalized place all to ourselves.

so yes, I am loving player housing so far

2808301_zps8jfvkzuz.jpg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a place for the dummy. I'm still adding crafting stations to it but never use them due to the fact that you still need access to merchants and banker for everyday chores, so I just stay in town like always.

Oh and yes, I did decorate to an extent but considering the absurd drop of heartwood and craft mats I kinda gave up already.
    Edited by Loves_guars on March 24, 2017 6:36PM
    Options
  • Sigourney_Frost
    I have yet found a house that I like. So I am waiting until they give me something snowy and icy. Maybe some day.
    Options
  • Dudsworth1
    No real functional purpose at the moment, but I believe that will be changed in the future. If you are the creative type, then decorating your home can be a nice relaxing distraction.
    Options
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to buy a house for 300k gold. Now I have 3million + and haven't bothered to even purchase something. It doesn't feel important at all. When ZOS decides to add some functionality in it other than switching lights on/off, sitting on chairs or crafting, I will reconsider.
    =>I want the option to sleep in my house before logging out so that I have a small experience boost the other day.
    =>Higher furnishing capacity
    =>Custom buildings not duplicates of inns or other structures. Maybe give us the option to build our houses within the limits with stackable parts like Fallout 4.
    =>storage
    =>hire servants, musicians, stablemasters, guards...
    =>weapon,armor racks
    =>house minigames, contests with visitors...
    Edited by MajesticHaruki on March 24, 2017 6:41PM
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night before I logged off I figured I would go back to my house for a few minutes. I still don't know how to decorate yet, but figured I would at least try something. I have a banker and a merchant and figured it would be nice for them to be in my home.

Am I doing something wrong? Are bankers an merchants not allowed in homes?

Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bC3ntIeTY27qoip8IeGYnx9pBLVy6oKRi93Lgn2zpso?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

I am having a blast with housing. I went with the starter home as I prefer cozy minimalist places. I got a work bench for my monkey "Hand-job", it keeps him at about the right height so he doesn't throw his shoulder out when he is working. He works for skooma which is nice, he just steals what he needs after he lulls me to sleep with his gentle massaging. I boarded up the windows as the light wakes me up in the morning and the view wasn't all that. It's not easy living the hero's life, but I feel like I have finally arrived.
    Edited by AhPook_Is_Here on March 25, 2017 2:14PM
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must admit that although at first I was annoyed at drop rates for mats and plans, as I was impatient & wanted to decorate immediately, but have now become relaxed about it, and enjoy it a lot.

Bought Hunding's as had saved the crowns & because BEACH, but have also now bought (with in game gold) Snugpod & Flaming Nix place as they are so useful for my characters to use for travel.

Have had great fun (& major frustration) adding to the original architecture, especially at the beach house, and decorating as and when. My style is what is known as 'eclectic'.
    Options
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking to eventually get a house for guild purposes

BUT

Other than that haven't touched it at all!
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My house is empty, but I think I have the best home ever. I got Earthtear Cavern Manor, and it is such a pretty place. The best part is I walk out my front door and I am at my favorite farming spot in Craglorn. :)

I purchased it un-furnished for a few reasons. I wanted to spend time making it look nice, and another reason is I don't have storage to tuck away all the things I didn't want to leave laying around. We kind of had a disagreement in guild chat. Some said "Get the furnished home", and some said "No, get the unfurnished one" and then the debate began.

I think housing is nice in away. It is a safe spot for me, a place I can go just to feel relaxed. I think my first item I get for the house is going to be a crafting station.

Any tips for a new home owner would be appreciated. :)

My first item was a fire in the fireplace, second item was a chair.

Unfurnished is better because you can put in interactive furniture
    Options
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    I love it.
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    Still haven't used it since it serves no real purpose.

As another player posted earlier in the thread, the "purpose" is FUN, it doesn't have to have any other "purpose." Although I look forward to improvements, I'm having fun with it right now.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 places, but I really only use 2 of them. Mistveil Manor is my main residence. I have a dummy to wail on, all the generic crafting stations, dye station, my assistants and I park all my characters there. They seem to load better there as I haven't had any 303 errors when I switch since I moved them.
    I bought snugpod just for a porting station and it is awesome for that.
    The apartment and moonmirth I never go to.
    But overall I like housing.
    Options
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    i think its pointless expensive fluff since you don't get storage
    Options
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs kids. My wife and I built a nursery but we have no children to put in it.
    Options
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice way to exercise and show off a little creativity. When my house is finished, then that's where I'll go to manage my inventory since I'll have everything close by and easy to access.
    Options