The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So how do you like housing?

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I despise it.

Mounts are more useful than Housing. Aside from the free apartment you get from finishing the Quest, there's really no reason to get involved in it IMO.

If ZOS brings Housing up to par with... every other MMO on the market, then I may reconsider my position (and without charging an exorbitant price in Crowns for the plethora of missing features that every other MMO includes free of charge...). But until that time, Housing is useless.

Just my opinion.

I find mounts pretty useless, as someone who cannot go from A to B without harvesting every node I come across I cannot be bothered with all the mounting and dismounting. Housing, on the other hand, appeals to me in a variety of ways - somewhere to relax and call home, some fun crafting furnishings, and a useful means of free travel to the areas I frequent the most.

I'm very happy with the housing system. I can see extra potential in it but not, hopefully, in such a way that everyone spends their time in their own private instance leaving the open world - and especially the cities - empty.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a big gold sink that's for sure. Probably spent 1.5m decorating and 780k on the estate I bought so far.

Got to say it was a lot of fun buying and decorating. I had to complete 38 quests just to get the achievement to buy the house which was a mission in itself.

Housing did add dps test dummies which is cool. Only thing that kinda sux is that pretty much no one will ever see my place. Not a single visitor as yet.

• deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    Until it has a storage component, I'll pass.
  • MariahIV
    MariahIV
    Soul Shriven
    I LOVE IT! It's one of the reasons I finally bought a new computer to come back. I bought a furnished Old Mistveil. I couldn't be happier. I also picked up a couple of the furnishing packs. Plunked my vanity pet kitty on my bed, who meows at me every time I enter the room. I go in and decorate off and on when I need a break from questing and mat gathering.

I do wish we could put stuff in the trunks and containers. And move the hanging banner thingies that come with a furnished home from one wall to another. But so far that is my only "wish I could".

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS could so totally cash in on people's desire for housing-storage. Cash shop furniture with 5 storage spaces, 40,000 crowns a piece, get a matching set for 20% off! Tiki island style, cult classic style, and the newly wed package. Comes with free intersex lingerie! He wears it. She wears it. We wears it! Duuuudes you could so cash in. I should be in marketing instead of transportation.

Almost forgot what I wanted to say. Oh, yeah, housing. I like setting small goals. I have more patience since I'm OLD. I am happy to find a furniture plan here or there.

Upgrade from and outhouse to an inhouse! Storage space ten whole shytes! Only 20,000 crowns! Comes with royal red, blue, or yellow furniture dye.
    Medieval-Toilet-and-Plumbing.jpg

• Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to pick a house, as I am waiting for the furniture cap to be raised on manors before choosing, but I am collecting recipes and can't wait to decorate for fun.
    It's a different activity, it's just to have fun like creating settlements in FO4 or decorating in Oblivion. There's no need to do that and nobody dies if you don't do that. It's an interesting feature and I hope it will be expanded as, of course, it's a huge expense (but so are motifs, which aren't necessary to play the game at a competitive level).
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Last night before I logged off I figured I would go back to my house for a few minutes. I still don't know how to decorate yet, but figured I would at least try something. I have a banker and a merchant and figured it would be nice for them to be in my home.

Am I doing something wrong? Are bankers an merchants not allowed in homes?

You can place them like you would a pet or mount. They are considered collectibles so they will take up one of those spots. Once placed via house editor you can then use them.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best part of housing: I sold a sealed writ with 280 writs as the reward for 3000 a writ.

Worst part of housing: No inventory space, so I will not be getting my own.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Utter crap. I bought a manor for 3m odd, and it is quite a nice environment, but everything else about it is utterly boring. It's completely clear making furniture is just more typical ZOS grind, and I really don't care about it enough to bother with that.

I placed a DPS dummy in the garden and a few busts and have never been back to this tedious, empty shell of a place. I hope a band of travelling gypsies moves in and gets some use out of it, because I won't.
  • Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    I would like to plant potato's and carrots etc. in my garden. And let them multiply and grow for every hour or so I do other stuff in the game. And then come back to my garden and harvest it :smile:
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • Kylric
    Kylric
    ✭✭
    Although I don't have a house, I'm glad we have it because a good number of people like it. Not every contend has to be something I personally use. I do like the fact we have a guild hall, because I can help the guild get crafting stations to make it easier than running to all the zones.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    So how do you like housing?

It's crap.

• Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    Housing broke trials on console and I've been twiddling my thumbs for 33 days so yeah it's an absolute bag of crap
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a waste of gold and space for me right now. For me to actually get anything of worth I need to either find much more personal time (as if doing dailies and chasing motifs isnt already eating up what little personal time I have) or I have to drop some serious cash (on top of the already loads of money I put out on a monthly basis) to fill these houses (and feel in no way attached to the result the way I do my characters and the effort I put into them).

I wasnt expecting my house to be filled to the brim with things over night. But the tiresome rng method they went about this makes me feel as if houses (especially since they provide no real value out of looking pretty and being a place of RP) can be completely ignored and you would lose out on nothing beyond the tedious gold drain that it is.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    It's a big gold sink that's for sure. Probably spent 1.5m decorating and 780k on the estate I bought so far.

Got to say it was a lot of fun buying and decorating. I had to complete 38 quests just to get the achievement to buy the house which was a mission in itself.

Housing did add dps test dummies which is cool. Only thing that kinda sux is that pretty much no one will ever see my place. Not a single visitor as yet.

@aLi3nZ join a guild and invite people over. for the party planner achievemeny at least. i joined some home visit tour group in a couple of guilds, it's fun.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, Im rather fond of what you can do with it.
    It could use far more functionality sure, but from an aesthetic point of view, its adequate compared to nothing at all.
    I had quite the time decorating a staple house.
    Luckily for me, it had a huge ceiling so it didnt make sense not to use the space.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49812711/ESO/omnaria_audience_chamber.mp4
    dark_brotherhood_audience_chamber.png
    Edited by OmniDo on March 26, 2017 1:42AM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loathe it.

I WOULD love it, but it's so ridiculously overpriced and so utterly useless, that I can't get into it at all.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...i'll let you know after storage is added...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I finally added something to my home. I now have fish hanging :)

fish.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh complete money sink dead weight for me personally :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it more than i thought i would, goldsink that it is.

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • I'm enjoying slowly building up my house. I'm not giving a cent to the crown store so it's a slow process crafting everything and grabbing the achievement furnishings that I want. But it's satisfying.
    • I'm also making a bit of gold selling my excess blueprints in the stores so there's that.
    • Also I'm buoyed by the fact that it's very likely that several improvements will be made to housing in the future.

So to sum up, I'll give it a steady pass mark, but if ZOS had come out and said that there will definitely be no further improvements to housing in the future I'd give it a fail.
    Edited by MattT1988 on March 27, 2017 12:33PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 150 different rocks and built an Onix used the guar mount and some rocks and made a golem use ur imagination and don't limit urself to I need chairs and a bed and make it look like a home. There is endless possibilities with housing just have fun with it!
    Edited by FloppyTouch on March 27, 2017 7:28AM