Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gimme a light switch for my house!

Avidspark
Avidspark
✭✭✭✭
I've heard from some guildhall owners, some trolls turn off all the lights, just to annoy others...

...how about giving the owner of a house, a light switch button in preferences, to turn all lights on, or off?
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Electricity does not exist..
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »

...but magic does...I would expect it to work that way, not electrically ;)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how much people want to use it as an excuse, Magic =/= Technology, at least in this fantasy sense. The closest you can get is casting a spell that creates a gust of wind through the entire house blowing all the flames out, or some kind of highly precise fire magic that lights just the candles all at once.

This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such.

Honestly is the Trolls are that much of a nuisance in people's homes/guild halls then they should just be stricken from the visitor's list, or the Guild itself for acting so annoyingly.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a command that turned on all the lighting would be good. Also making it so no one can turn lights off or at least not within visitor permissions.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Turn them all off and then only light one..... so you sit in a pool of light in your (albeit useless) house.

Give me more reasons for houses please.

I have TWO and I don't know why.
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    No matter how much people want to use it as an excuse, Magic =/= Technology, at least in this fantasy sense. The closest you can get is casting a spell that creates a gust of wind through the entire house blowing all the flames out, or some kind of highly precise fire magic that lights just the candles all at once.

Honestly is the Trolls are that much of a nuisance in people's homes/guild halls then they should just be stricken from the visitor's list, or the Guild itself for acting so annoyingly.

I'm sure they would be.,..if the game would only let us know who had done the dastardly deed.

but it don't...so...light switch.

And apparently someone hasn't heard of Clarke's Law...that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Edited by Avidspark on March 18, 2017 11:50PM
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »

I'm sure they would be.,..if the game would only let us know who had done the dastardly deed.

but it don't...so...light switch.

And apparently someone hasn't heard of Clarke's Law...that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Magic is simply technology so advanced that the basic mind cannot even begin to comprehend.
    Edited by mewcatus on March 19, 2017 12:35AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are awesome.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a small cage that I could put round each light out of reach of meddling fingers
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard from some guildhall owners, some trolls turn off all the lights, just to annoy others...

...how about giving the owner of a house, a light switch button in preferences, to turn all lights on, or off?

...or maybe simply give the owner a way to "lock" the settings of interactable lights? Like, being able to set them as permanentley on, permanently off, or toggleable? Then everyone could set up their home as they please, and only keep those lights on a toggle they don't mind visitors to play with...
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've placed my lights in such a way, you don't want to turn them off :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the support all :)
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please allow us to lock lights or switch all on or off. When you have to turn on 200+ that all have been carefully placed individually to help lighting and aesthetics, it's a bit crazy... And also ruins the impression for any new visitors if you didn't catch it in time.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such..

OK, so 95% of us must stop being "adventurers" and take on mundane tasks for our liege-lords who, in effect, own us.

We can be farm labourers, foresters, hunters, servants, a few - very lucky ones - will end up as Tradesmen (Carpenters, Blacksmiths etc) but we do NOT own the product of our labours - those goods belong to out liege-lords.

We can't change jobs without their permission, we can't own goods without their permission, and they tax EVERYTHING we do own and earn at at least 10%.

After all, this is a medieval setting, so must treat it as such... ...right?

Yeah, thought not.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on March 19, 2017 1:22PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me? What is the whole skill line of sorcs about, then?
  • Fuzzywuzzy196
    Fuzzywuzzy196
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Sims Online
    Fuzzywuzzy was a bear, Fuzzywuzzy had no hair. Now, Fuzzywuzzy... wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

-Plato
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flickum Bicus.

Not sure how many people will get that reference but you're awesome if you do.

I kind of just feel they need to address the fact people can change lighting in others houses and there isn't a permission setting for this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can deny access to your homes . If they give a option to do what your asking , I would not protest . I personally don't mind , it doesn't take that much effort to turn them back on .
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those damned frauding Dwemer at it again.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, with op, and disagree with @ArchMikem - Light switches would be cool. and Magic does indeed = technology. Touch spot on the wall and magically command all the candles to light up, touch it again and all the candles go out. This is a medieval setting that has MAGIC, therefore magic light switches.

Man, I can believe that I need a bigger house simply from random drops and my non combat pets that I want to display.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    I have TWO and I don't know why.
    To store all those large paintings in that you find in backpacks.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give in a housing settings another tab to light turning permission.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being able to port across the continent of Tamriel without the use of electricity or marvel at the clockwork and steam contraptions of the now departed Dwemer, I am sure an enchantment that links the on/off aspect of lighting is not beyond the machinations of the Mages Guild...
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your continued support =)
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how long it'll take to get devs to even think about this...
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We do this for fun in our guild jumping to people's homes turning off lights. One guild member has 300 slots of just lighting and she gets super *** when we turn them all off XD.

An auto turn on lights option would be nice.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just tie the ability to interact with lighting to the Decorator role? If you're not tagged as a Decorator, you don't get to play with the lighting. Anyone at ZOS listening?
    PS4NA
  • Argawarga
    Argawarga
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is that you want a Clapper?

giphy.gif
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

right, but...

20150606_00009Y4zu2_display.jpg
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. Haven't had this problem, but with a big enough manor I can see how it would get annoying.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.