Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gimme a light switch for my house!

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I'm in my guild halls and see lights off I turn them back on out of respect. I sucks that trolls go around turning them off.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I'm in my guild halls and see lights off I turn them back on out of respect. I sucks that trolls go around turning them off.

It really does, and changing permissions for lights, or just giving us a light switch for all of them would make that suck a lot less.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. I gave friends permissions on the first house I had and they moved everything around just to fuss with me. After that they lost all permissions. Now they can only craft, bank and sell in the homes I own.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL. I gave friends permissions on the first house I had and they moved everything around just to fuss with me. After that they lost all permissions. Now they can only craft, bank and sell in the homes I own.

I think you'll find...they can also turn off and on any lighting you have there.

Which I'd like to change ;)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    It also adds to RP. I want lots and lots of candles in my house and I'd like a command to extinguish them all at once, for atmosphere or storytelling during RP.

It's such a simple feature, such a humble request. Yet it's been so long...
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ikr? Easily done, yet ignored forever....wth?
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom we need a switch, or a change to permissions!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if there was a setting that would only allow the owner and designers to interact with lighting furniture.
    Just this setting, nothing too in-depth. Surely designers should have this right, otherwise you shouldn't trust them with the permission to move everything in your house.
    Edited by Dracindo on June 27, 2017 12:51PM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Would be nice if there was a setting that would only allow the owner and designers to interact with lighting furniture.
    Just this setting, nothing too in-depth. Surely designers should have this right, otherwise you shouldn't trust them with the permission to move everything in your house.

That would be fine too...just SOMETHING to counteract the trolls who play with the lights.

Many of us allow our entire guilds to use our homes, for the attuned craft stations, dummies, et al. And it is disheartening when one troll, that we can't even identify chooses to mess with everyone this way.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to bump this, I posted another thread requesting the same thing for the same issue. Trolling guild mates. The joke is real funny once or twice, but it would be nice to have an easy way to turn them on without spending half an hour hitting over 100 lights.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just a command!
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the support, I appreciate it...hopefully with the new housing subforum announced by @ZOS_GinaBruno , we can FINALLY get this issue addressed in some way!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Electricity does not exist..

...but magic does...I would expect it to work that way, not electrically ;)
    So this then
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1pxq0KovY4
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on July 9, 2017 9:38PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this then

That would be acceptable :)

...and TEN POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR! :p

Edited by Avidspark on July 9, 2017 9:48PM
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw lights. My current residence is a room at an inn with no pot to *** in. I guess my character has a magic spell to remove excrement. I always wondered about bathrooms in Elder Scrolls games. And now I wonder why I wonder about that.
    Edited by madchuska83 on July 9, 2017 9:52PM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suddenly feel like binge watching Harry potter
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on July 9, 2017 9:54PM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screw lights. My current residence is a room at an inn with no pot to *** in. I guess my character has a magic spell to remove excrement. I always wondered about bathrooms in Elder Scrolls games. And now I wonder why I wonder about that.

Well get yourself a pot!

...and ofc, they take care of all that messiness while we're offline, y'know...sleeping, excreting, shedding...all the boring stuff that we don't really want to see anyways.

Btw, I would not suggest your first sentence...could be VERY painful.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to add my voice to this request. I have bought a notable home and am slowly filling it up. However I am not going to use it as my main home unless there is a way for me to stop people from touching my lights. Either that or at the very least a notification of who has been in my house interacting with what.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Harry potter I may use floating candles
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone went into my house last night and turned off all 223 of them. I have 243 lights in my house, but about 20 of them are inaccessible bc I buried them inside objects to create dramatic/backlighting effect.

They found every. single. light.

Many of the lights were out of easy reach, I had to jump on furniture to turn them back on. Some were so out of reach/difficult to toggle I had to retrieve the light fixture in the editing menu, turn it on, and then replace it. I have no idea how they even managed to toggle them off. They must've spent a long time positioning themselves to accomplish this.

I had 30+ floating lanterns in my water. They swam around the entire earthtear cavern and turned off every single one of them.

It must've taken them a long time. While part of me is impressed and flattered by the effort of their trolling (they literally found every single tealight lol) I'm really bothered that nobody at zos has responded or acknowledged this issue.
    LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    Someone went into my house last night and turned off all 223 of them. I have 243 lights in my house, but about 20 of them are inaccessible bc I buried them inside objects to create dramatic/backlighting effect.

They found every. single. light.

Many of the lights were out of easy reach, I had to jump on furniture to turn them back on. Some were so out of reach/difficult to toggle I had to retrieve the light fixture in the editing menu, turn it on, and then replace it. I have no idea how they even managed to toggle them off. They must've spent a long time positioning themselves to accomplish this.

I had 30+ floating lanterns in my water. They swam around the entire earthtear cavern and turned off every single one of them.

It must've taken them a long time. While part of me is impressed and flattered by the effort of their trolling (they literally found every single tealight lol) I'm really bothered that nobody at zos has responded or acknowledged this issue.

EXactly.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep as I said on the first page, still really need this. Or make visitors not able to interact with anything other than crafting tables and chairs...
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I agree completely. Either a switch for the owner, or make the ability to turn off/on lights a permission ability, or even just put it under Decorator permissions. If you don't have the permission, you can't turn off the lights
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    No matter how much people want to use it as an excuse, Magic =/= Technology, at least in this fantasy sense. The closest you can get is casting a spell that creates a gust of wind through the entire house blowing all the flames out, or some kind of highly precise fire magic that lights just the candles all at once.

This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such.

Honestly is the Trolls are that much of a nuisance in people's homes/guild halls then they should just be stricken from the visitor's list, or the Guild itself for acting so annoyingly.

Sorry, I was too busy blowing up robots in dwemer ruins to hear what you said.

Edited by Chadak on July 15, 2017 1:16PM
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    No matter how much people want to use it as an excuse, Magic =/= Technology, at least in this fantasy sense. The closest you can get is casting a spell that creates a gust of wind through the entire house blowing all the flames out, or some kind of highly precise fire magic that lights just the candles all at once.

This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such.

Honestly is the Trolls are that much of a nuisance in people's homes/guild halls then they should just be stricken from the visitor's list, or the Guild itself for acting so annoyingly.

If they had an interaction log like they do with the guild banking system, one could handle the trolls by revoking permissions, but alas they don't. Easiest fix the light switch..lol
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the most incredible oversights, to me, regarding housing.

While a switch for all lights would be better than nothing, I would much prefer to have a lighting interaction setting in permissions. I personally don't want to load into my house and have it be dark, and have to switch them back on all the time, either. It should be the owner's choice.

Actually, I think the best would be to have it be in permissions, AND have there be a switch. Makes for less trolling, and easier role play. :)
    ->--Willow--<-
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'd like this for my own house, I don't want others to have it. Takes the joy out of me turning all their lights out.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    While I'd like this for my own house, I don't want others to have it. Takes the joy out of me turning all their lights out.

...you are why we can't have nice things.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    This is one of the most incredible oversights, to me, regarding housing.

While a switch for all lights would be better than nothing, I would much prefer to have a lighting interaction setting in permissions. I personally don't want to load into my house and have it be dark, and have to switch them back on all the time, either. It should be the owner's choice.

Actually, I think the best would be to have it be in permissions, AND have there be a switch. Makes for less trolling, and easier role play. :)

Couldn't agree more, thank you =)
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is why only 4 people in my guild can access my house. It does need to be fixed. A simple "Only Decorators and Owners can adjust lighting" would be fine with me.
    PS4NA