The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gimme a light switch for my house!

• captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Electricity does not exist..

My lightning mage would like a word with you.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Why not just tie the ability to interact with lighting to the Decorator role? If you're not tagged as a Decorator, you don't get to play with the lighting. Anyone at ZOS listening?

Great idea, that...and i wonder about ZoS paying attention sometimes too...they seem not to :o

And thanks everyone for your continued support, maybe we can get this rammed through ;)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long, how long, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame, something simple and necessary is completely overlooked by devs
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , any help pl0x?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Electricity does not exist..
    Actually it kind of does but not as a common form of energy, its mainly used, especially with creatures like the dwemer spider who use electric based attacks.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not averse to the principle of an overall light switch, or making alterations to the permission system, with housing but an equally effective solution would be to kick the trolls from their guilds, blacklisting them on whatever forums allow naming and shaming, without the need therefore to waste a lot of scarce developer resources on trying to combat the stupidity of some players.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'm not averse to the principle of an overall light switch, or making alterations to the permission system, with housing but an equally effective solution would be to kick the trolls from their guilds, blacklisting them on whatever forums allow naming and shaming, without the need therefore to waste a lot of scarce developer resources on trying to combat the stupidity of some players.

As previously mentioned, that would be great IF the system would tell us WHO turns them off.

But it doesn't.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea, @CynicalCow900! We passed this along to the housing crew to see if this is something we can consider implementing in the future.

So I know you guys do look at housing ideas...

...why are you ignoring this necessary QoL update @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use Templar's Shards skill. They're a walking light bulb.
    Their Spear Ulti works too.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »

Which has...what...to do with the topic, exactly?
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »

You're asking for a light switch. Lights = Bright.
    what i said makes things bright.
    There you go.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭

There you go.

Not what I asked for, try reading again, thanks.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There you go.

What i suggested was an alternative. No need to be rude.
    Thought it was obvious. What i suggested has everything to do with the topic. Get off your "high horse" and be nice in your life, thanks.
    Edit: also i'm done argueing with you. It's not worth it with the likes of you.
    Edited by SanSan on April 7, 2017 5:46AM
  • Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    No matter how much people want to use it as an excuse, Magic =/= Technology, at least in this fantasy sense. The closest you can get is casting a spell that creates a gust of wind through the entire house blowing all the flames out, or some kind of highly precise fire magic that lights just the candles all at once.

This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such.

Honestly is the Trolls are that much of a nuisance in people's homes/guild halls then they should just be stricken from the visitor's list, or the Guild itself for acting so annoyingly.

... Or you know, a TK spell, which is a thing in TES. Or summoning a ghost to do it, which is also a thing in TES. Or simply a longer range version of however in oblivion our character is already turning off the magical glowing rocks. Or hell, a trained/mind controlled monkey.

Excusing a way top turn off freaking lights by lore is not very hard.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭

There you go.

What i suggested was an alternative. No need to be rude.
    Thought it was obvious. What i suggested has everything to do with the topic. Get off your "high horse" and be nice in your life, thanks.
    Edit: also i'm done argueing with you. It's not worth it with the likes of you.

Great, since none of your blathering has been on-topic since post one. I tried to be 'nice', when you blunder about with no knowledge of what's actually going on, but you continued. Good riddance.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom You know, this could easily be solved by putting lighting commands under the permissions page, like decorating is...could even simply make that part of the decorating rule...if you can't decorate/move things around, you can't turn off/on lights... :|
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can summon a comet from nowhere to destroy your enemy. But people are still saying magic=/=technology. You're right it doesn't equal technology. It beats it. If I can snap my fingers and shoot lightning bolts or make a magical blade appear out of my hands i can light a few candles.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can summon a comet from nowhere to destroy your enemy. But people are still saying magic=/=technology. You're right it doesn't equal technology. It beats it. If I can snap my fingers and shoot lightning bolts or make a magical blade appear out of my hands i can light a few candles.

Yah, it's amazing how some folks never heard of Clarke's Law, isn't it?
    Edited by Avidspark on April 11, 2017 9:08PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They exist and they are called trolling guildmates.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like some form of light switch as well so I can turn them all off when I leave. Magical power doesn't grow on trees you know! Well, maybe on some, especially that one that talks to you.
    And how about a usable hot tub? They have one in Wrothgar for the NPCs.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - So this is your house.. nice ! And... what do you do in it ?
    - I switch lights on and off. Occasionally I sit on that chair over there...
    xD
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    - So this is your house.. nice ! And... what do you do in it ?
    - I switch lights on and off. Occasionally I sit on that chair over there...
    xD

...and craft st00f on attunable stations, and test dps on my dummy, and show off achievements I have accomplished...

...and turn the friggin lights back on when some tool comes through and turns them all off. :#
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    i learned after the first foray into the inky pool of darkness that is my house w/o lights on-that trying to find lights in the dark is time consuming and aggravating enough that i needed to outsmart them immediately-lol! So i sunk lights into other objects so they aren't interactable anymore. Then they can turn off the visible lights but enough are still on that it doesn't effect much. For those who have made cool patterns etc with light for ambience though-it's unfortunate. There really does need to be a remedy. Our guild lost people because of someone doing this repeatedly (which i think falls under the category of griefing)
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly Myrrah, exactly, and it's sooo easy to fix, merely with a light switch! Or failing that, just placing the permission to turn lights on and off under Decoration's permission!

Why no response yet @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert ?
    Edited by Avidspark on April 24, 2017 8:25AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please - I've given feedback numerous times about allowing lighting interaction permissions on a similar basis to decorating positions - but something like an ayelid switch (or in different styles for different style homes) to turn all lights on or all lights off would be awesome.

Got back to my guildhall one night and found all the lights off, do people really think I want to go round turning 90+ lights back on individually before I go to bed? It's a complete pain in the rear. A switch of some sort where I could just switch them all to "on" or "off" would be much less hassle. (Or restrict light-fiddling to by permission only - typically people set up their homes lit in the way they want, and don't appreciate them being messed with).
    Edited by Epona222 on April 24, 2017 9:31AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, wonder what that was all about ^

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert still no movement on this at all?
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long does it take?