Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gimme a light switch for my house!

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Shame, something simple and necessary is completely overlooked by devs

It's not overlooked.
    In my opinion your suggestion is rather a bad idea.
    Playing with the lights is the ONLY thing you can interact with in a house that's not yours, and the only way to get the feeling that we're actually there and the house to feel a little bit alive.

They aren't going to take that away just because some owners are picky about lights being on or off.

If you don't want anyone to play around with your lights in your absence, set your visitors' permissions accordingly.

Now if they actually add some kind of general switch for the owner, I wouldn't mind since it's not going to affect me, but I'm ready to bet that people wouldn't be satisfied with it and would ask for more.

• Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Shame, something simple and necessary is completely overlooked by devs

It's not overlooked.
    In my opinion your suggestion is rather a bad idea.
    Playing with the lights is the ONLY thing you can interact with in a house that's not yours, and the only way to get the feeling that we're actually there and the house to feel a little bit alive.

They aren't going to take that away just because some owners are picky about lights being on or off.

If you don't want anyone to play around with your lights in your absence, set your visitors' permissions accordingly.

Now if they actually add some kind of general switch for the owner, I wouldn't mind since it's not going to affect me, but I'm ready to bet that people wouldn't be satisfied with it and would ask for more.

Someone hasn't read the thread, apparently, if this is what they think the problem is.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can deny access to your homes . If they give a option to do what your asking , I would not protest . I personally don't mind , it doesn't take that much effort to turn them back on .
    You obviously dont have a keep where lightning is 90% of the visual effect, and you have so many lights that a few of them will actually not render properly without reloading.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    You can deny access to your homes . If they give a option to do what your asking , I would not protest . I personally don't mind , it doesn't take that much effort to turn them back on .
    You obviously dont have a keep where lightning is 90% of the visual effect, and you have so many lights that a few of them will actually not render properly without reloading.

So much yes.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to also have a little control over ambient light around windows and whatnot. Maybe the ability to change weather patterns, turn on or off rain and fog, make it day or night. We are in an instanced zone, but it definitely feels like our housing areas get WAY darker than the natural world, and lighting is far less effective than the natural world.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ambient light in the housing (and outside it as well) is another issue that needs addressing, I agree.
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a bump, and maybe some dev attention on this?
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bc_bmx wrote: »
    Can we get a bump, and maybe some dev attention on this?

That would be great wouldn't it?

And thx for the support =)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this both house and garden, but configurable for each light.

So instead of their current on / off states, have on / off / master.

Lights set to master turn on or off en masse with a housewide lighting "switch".
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not quite a light switch, but something! From the new PTS notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424230/pts-patch-notes-v4-1-0/p1
    Added a new Housing Permission called "Limited Visitor". Limited Visitors cannot adjust your lights or other adjustable furnishings.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This is a medieval setting, so we must treat it as such..

OK, so 95% of us must stop being "adventurers" and take on mundane tasks for our liege-lords who, in effect, own us.

We can be farm labourers, foresters, hunters, servants, a few - very lucky ones - will end up as Tradesmen (Carpenters, Blacksmiths etc) but we do NOT own the product of our labours - those goods belong to out liege-lords.

We can't change jobs without their permission, we can't own goods without their permission, and they tax EVERYTHING we do own and earn at at least 10%.

After all, this is a medieval setting, so must treat it as such... ...right?

Yeah, thought not.

All The Best

And our liege-lord is ZOS. Seems about right.
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hi all!

As @Glaiceana was so kind to point out, we have a new Housing Permission being tested on the PTS that is the result of feedback posts like this one. Test it out and let us know what you think in the PTS forum!
    Staff Post
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    [
    And our liege-lord is ZOS. Seems about right.

not even close. worst hot take on the forum.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it affect lights only? I don't mind others interacting with other things in my house, just leave the lights alone.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It effects all interractables
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • niawrathb16_ESO
    niawrathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    they can still use target dummies, merchants/assistants and crafting stations with the limited permissions
    May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes

Morrigan Duskhunter
    Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer

The Reapers Guild - PC/Mac - EU - AD
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to PvP. We run weekly N. Trials and achievement earning events. We have a website we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall with Transmute and Crafting Stations. We also have TS and Crafting Officers. We are a community we love to help so any experience is welcome. We are looking for people who join in! Jump in a group tag along to an event or play and chill in guild chat or on our Teamspeak channel. Really join in and get chub in our fishing events! Get "welcomed to the asylum" by whispering me
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:41PM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hi all!

As @Glaiceana was so kind to point out, we have a new Housing Permission being tested on the PTS that is the result of feedback posts like this one. Test it out and let us know what you think in the PTS forum!

Please allow people to still sit in chairs, benches, couches ect, with this limited permission.

It should really only restrict lights and other interactables that changes furnitures, not sitable objects and books.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have to test this but I got the impression it was lights and objects that have two "modes" - like the big Alik'r sword (broken - repaired) or Skull Pile (heaped or not heaped). - will test out today!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok just tested with the help of some guildies :smile:

Set to Limited Visitor they could sit on the bench. They could not interact with a light, skull pile, fountain, scrying basin or clockwork switch.
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Please Zos give us a way to turn off our lights and statues from afar ( through the Edit section if possible ). I have Statutes that can activate, placed on areas I cant get too. Please add this option