The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you think Double AP PvP Event was a Success?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Yes in the terms that it most definitely provided the servers with a damn good stress test. And it does appear there's less lag without cp, large battles still made it laggy but not to unplayable(for the most part).

I don't know so much about "great job" though, I feel they really should've done something with the PvDoor farming. It was (well still is but at least it's less ap now) so much more profitable to go pvdoor ~3 empty keeps than spend an hour sieging/defending a non-empty one it's not even funny. I thought the idea was supposed to be to encourage PvP, not PvDoor?

Also I find outpost flipping farm really ridiculous. Didn't see any of it on TF NA(PC) for which I'm pretty happy about, did see some pretty ridiculous(though legitimate) farms going on though. I feel there really needs to be some incentive to be playing the map and whatnot, not just turtling a keep 3/4 of the map away from you for the op d-ticks(or pvdooring it for o ticks then running away without even fixing the walls) as you lose all your homekeeps, scrolls and get an enemy emperor.
    Edited by Magdalina on March 6, 2017 4:46PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    AD thought it was a success:

Screenshot_20170227_202255_zpslov05p1b.jpg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter you're the last zergbad that should be posting pics of other factions' blobs
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Thelon wrote: »
    Rickter you're the last zergbad that should be posting pics of other factions' blobs

i zerg?

how do you know anything about anything i do? i have been in groups smaller than 12 for just about as long as i can remember. like, seriously, last time i zerged was to get a guildie emp. but on a day to day, i dont zerg. nice try though.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    I had fun I saw some skillsfulled players walking around solo and small group and saw the people who use cheesy sets while cp was active but no cp they had no chance and alot of zergs saw around 80-90 if not more DC emp push lol never seen that much DC before haha lots of AP, PvP ranks up but still lag tho crashed a lot too or loading screen that never ends... we'll see if ZoS ever tells us.

I can't vote on this one

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    I was thoroughly against it at first. But after playing awhile i enjoyed it much more than an average pvp session.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Heck yes. I made more AP in one week of barely playing than the last year.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the whole I enjoyed the battles that I was able to get, but my time for actual gameplay was fairly limited due to regular life. It was a bit of a disappointment that the servers were so hard to access on the weekend, but I guess that was the point of a stress test.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    It was fun! As others mentioned, we got a lot of new people into PVP because of the double AP event. I hope some of them stick around and hope we have some kind of double AP weekend events in the future from time to time.

Never played much on Azura's because I thought I would need to spend some time coming up with completely different build for no-CP. I will probably make Azura's my guest now and continue playing there sometimes.

During these busy weekends however, I feel we might need 2 guest campaigns instead of one. Did anyone else experience for example, main campaign with 150 person queue and guest campaign with 80 queue?

Also, if you crash or get stuck in loading screen and have to Alt+F4 it would be great if there were a way the server could prioritize these people to get back in quickly instead of waiting in 150 queue again.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 7, 2017 12:21AM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Not so much of the double AP but more of the no cp aspect of this test, it just felt like a much more healthy environment game play wise. The double AP was nice it made people move around more and capture stuff but there was also the people who were going to abuse it which we all pretty much expected that..
    Edited by Kalante on March 7, 2017 3:56AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    even though this was a test for server performance without CP, I hope ZOS was also noticing and/or collecting data on the interest level. I dont think doubling the AP for a week only drew crowds for a limited time. doubling AP made the game accessible to the masses and as this poll reflects, the only people that have a problem with it is the small minority of decrepit PvP elite clinging to Murder Thumbs like he was the most awesome pvper ever even though he only played the game for like 3-5 months.

that same small pvp elite feels like they can speak for everyone. its elitism at its finest. look at the poll, numbers dont lie.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    indeed it was a success. we got to see that CP are part of the problem, but not THE problem

waiting for more tests such as :
    1) absolutely no AoE spells allowed in cyrodiil
    2) absolutely no DoTs in cyrodiil
    3) no AoE caps at all

and double AP.
    Edited by Waseem on March 7, 2017 2:50PM
    PC EU

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Waseem wrote: »
    indeed it was a success. we got to see that CP are part of the problem, but not THE problem

waiting for more tests such as :
    1) absolutely no AoE spells allowed in cyrodiil
    2) absolutely no DoTs in cyrodiil
    3) no AoE caps at all

and double AP.

I'd love to see a no AoE caps + double AP week. lets do this @ZOS_BrianWheeler - would shut up the endless "eliminate aoe caps" crowd . . .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Good Job ZOS
    Rickter wrote: »
    doubling AP made the game accessible to the masses and as this poll reflects, the only people that have a problem with it is the small minority of decrepit PvP elite clinging to Murder Thumbs like he was the most awesome pvper ever even though he only played the game for like 3-5 months.

um...who the hell is Murder Thumbs and why are people clinging to him?