The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild Anniversary Event – March 6 to March 20

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
77ae2d6e69019edec388a53eb739e32d.jpg

Ssshhh, come here! In case you haven’t noticed…

In true Thieves Guild fashion, the Thieves Guild of Hews Bane have been quietly planning a very special event to celebrate the Thieves Guild launch anniversary. And it begins today! You can enjoy the following when playing in Hew’s Bane from now until March 20:
  • Double yield from resource nodes in Hew’s Bane
  • Double rewards for killing World Bosses and bosses in delves in Hew’s Bane
  • Double dro-m’Athra style items from killing bosses in the Maw of Lorkhaj Trial
  • Increased rewards from Heists
    • Non-perfect Heists give the reward for perfect Heists; perfect Heists award double the crates
  • The return of the original Thieves Guild Collector's Bundle to the Crown Store at a substantial discount, featuring:
    • The Thieves Guild DLC gGame pack
    • The Hammerfell Camel mount
    • The Kindlespit Dragon Frog pet
    • Five Crown Experience Scrolls
  • 25% off Crown Store purchases of the Thieves Guild DLC game pack
Happy hunting – and thieving – adventurers!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double whiskers from vMOL hype! Oh wait... We can't even get past the front door without disconnects on Xbox... :'(
    Edited by Izaki on March 7, 2017 12:34AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes!!! I've been hanging out in Hew's Bane a lot recently, this is going to make it amazing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey alright !
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    wish they would sneak in a crown sale wink wink
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these events!

Why not add double the loot drops for Maw of Lorkhaj though, as was done with Maelstrom Arena during the Orsinium Anniversary event?

There is a very unforgiving grind in place to acquire sharpened Moondancer weapons amongst a few other weapons right now, and this event could have made it much more possible to get them for awhile (especially in light of technical issues). I recall many players running Maelstrom Arena all day for most days during the Orsinium event and finally acquiring the loot they needed. Personally I had waited for this event to arrive so I could finally have a decent chance at getting a sharpened Moondancer Fire/Shock staff :/

Edited by Vaoh on March 7, 2017 1:11AM
  • nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    By 'dro-m’Athra style items' do you mean items that drop in the dro-m'Athra style (moondancer/alkosh/twilight remedy/lunar bastion set pieces)? Or do you mean twice the amount of defiled whiskers?

Because if it's the second, this event is literally pointless.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By 'dro-m’Athra style items' do you mean items that drop in the dro-m'Athra style (moondancer/alkosh/twilight remedy/lunar bastion set pieces)? Or do you mean twice the amount of defiled whiskers?

This exact question was asked on the preview thread a few weeks back and ZOS didn't answer it there and has continued to use the confusing wording again in this thread. I'm hoping they clarify when they get the chance.
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    What about Abah Motifs from tip board? I feel that reward system grind could be revisited permanently.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll have to go node farming - my supplies are getting low.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

glad I'm not the only one who looks forward to a little farming...on second - hmmmmm, maybe not so glad...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its double whiskers, not double loot... at least not after our run this evening it wasn't lol.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

You and everyone else... these events are a gimmick - because there are so few nodes out there during them, you end up with only farming about 1/8 of what you would normally farming time. That means you end up with only 25% of what you would during normal service... lol
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Double dro-m’Athra style items from killing bosses in the Maw of Lorkhaj Trial

I just wanted to let you guys know that I get slightly more annoyed with you every time I get an extra whisker. I have gotten 4 extras so far.

Edited by timidobserver on March 7, 2017 3:05AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any chance of the Thieve's Guild Collector Bundle DLC being on sale during the event, like how the Orsinium one was during its anniversary?
    Edited by Olav_the_Stout on March 7, 2017 3:40AM
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously? Your reminder that I've been in this instance for a year and still don't have a sharpened moondancer fire staff is to give double whiskers? Great, those will go great with all the garbage crafted sets.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on March 7, 2017 4:02AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Seriously? You're reminder that I've been in this instance for a year and still don't have a sharpened moondancer fire staff is to give double whiskers? Great, those will go great with all the garbage crafted sets.
    ^^^ supported by a Dro-m'Athra Destroyer who still farms in hopes of acquiring this very loot.

Still no luck, and I'm kind of on the verge of giving up at this point. It's insane.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When i first read the event description I thought it would be just the whiskers, but now that you mentioned it, it's kinda of weirdly phrased, could be that they meant that. We can dream.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on March 7, 2017 3:24AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

When i first read the event description I thought it would be just the whiskers, but now that you mentioned it, it's kinda of weirdly phrased, could be that they meant that. We can dream.

I was placed in vMoL earlier today just to help with defeating Rakkhat.

My Loot:
    • Maul of Alkosh
    • Moondancer ring

If it doubled set loot drops I would've gotten two jewelry pieces and two weapons. Looks like this event will only double whisker drops, which I have over 300 of..... totally pointless
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

My Loot:
    • Maul of Alkosh
    • Moondancer ring

If it doubled set loot drops I would've gotten two jewelry pieces and two weapons. Looks like this event will only double whisker drops, which I have over 300 of..... totally pointless

But you didn't got 2x whiskers either? Could be that they didn't implemented it yet.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Loot:
    • Maul of Alkosh
    • Moondancer ring

But you didn't got 2x whiskers either? Could be that they didn't implemented it yet.

I didn't really pay attention to the rest of the other loot. Usually I just Take All and check out my jewelry and weapon drops.

My guess would be that I did get double whiskers but didn't even care enough to notice it :neutral:
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Seriously? You're reminder that I've been in this instance for a year and still don't have a sharpened moondancer fire staff is to give double whiskers? Great, those will go great with all the garbage crafted sets.
    ^^^ supported by a Dro-m'Athra Destroyer who still farms in hopes of acquiring this very loot.

Still no luck, and I'm kind of on the verge of giving up at this point. It's insane.

Yup, the fact that I have killed hard mode rakhat and still feel compelled to run normal farms for a weapon is ridiculous.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on March 7, 2017 4:21AM
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon guys. MoL is the last bastion of the grind for ZOS. As if they're going to give you double drops. Stop expecting things to be handed out by them because if you all got what you wanted in a double loot drop fortnight you'd all be whinging about having no content to run by the end of it.

I'm not intending to incite or trolling, just being realistic about the company that is ZOS. I'm sure they're only too happy to sustain a week of whinging about no double drops opposed to a few months worth of whinging about no new trial content.

Edited by Logicbomb00 on March 7, 2017 6:06AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... apparently furniture materials are NOT doubled, only the regular node drops. Heartwood and bast are not doubled.

I can live with it. Now's a great time to finally finish my Thieve's Guild questline. ;)

By the way, I just killed two world bosses in Hew's Bane, and got ZERO drops. ZERO. Not even 19 gold. Not sure if that's a bug, or if it's because there were a million other people there at the same time.

I did a heist, and the increased reward from the heist worked just fine. :)

Edited by SydneyGrey on March 7, 2017 6:17AM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did one heist and got two of the very few Thieves Guild motifs I was missing. So far this event is a success in my book :smile:
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No discount for the DLC? :(
  • LokiLoke
    LokiLoke
    Soul Shriven
    Sry but least fav DLC. :\
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH NICE HOW AWESOME CANT WAIT!!!!!

Except Maw of Lorkhaj Trial is 100% unplayable on consoles since Homestead patch!

- Usually 2 DCs before even entering door to trail
    - 4-5 DCs on the first add pull
    - Next room just next Sun Eater, 3-5 DCs
    - Etc etc etc

This is a constant thing, and not random ones. For example you instantly get DCd if you look at the wall by the door on Zhaj'hassa (like how it was months ago, and took 3+ months to fix).

There is portably 10+ threads on these issues, and me and my Guild have also sent detailed reports about this several times. But still no reply from anyone at ZoS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RobertM @ZOS_RyanM @ZOS_anyone @Orbital

CAN WE PLEASE GET A FIX AND UPDATE FOR THIS! We have had several maintenances since Homestead and not a single mention or acknowledgement of these game breaking issues.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would just like to point out the unrealistic nature of the above illustration.

No self respecting khajiit would get caught!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon guys. MoL is the last bastion of the grind for ZOS. As if they're going to give you double drops. Stop expecting things to be handed out by them because if you all got what you wanted in a double loot drop fortnight you'd all be whinging about having no content to run by the end of it.

I'm not intending to incite or trolling, just being realistic about the company that is ZOS. I'm sure they're only too happy to sustain a week of whinging about no double drops opposed to a few months worth of whinging about no new trial content.

Nothing is being "handed out" to players. Double loot drops still equal terrible drop rates in MoL. The rng is just a bit better when doubled for stuff like this. ZOS gave double drops for Maelstrom Arena during the Orsinium event. It was absolutely fantastic and everyone loved it.

The same should apply to Maw of Lorkhaj. The rng is disgustingly bad right now. Actually getting your loot is amazing, and further encourages people play since you can actually use the loot now, rather than eventually give up in anger like I know multiple players have done at not getting their loot after 100+ wasted hours.

Perhaps you are simply unfamiliar of why a lot of players are actually sad to hear they won't get double MoL loot, or how bad the RNG truly is to get a sharpened Moondancer Lightning Staff/Fire Staff/Dual Swords. Also no one is whining about the lack of trial content and thinking to themselves it's okay because the RNG is horrific as well :lol: this doesn't make any sense lol. There is a severe flaw in the current system that causes many to never get their loot, no matter the time and effort they put in.

No one should ever have to run Maelstrom Arena, or Maw of Lorkhaj 200+ times to get their loot.... double loot events make it much more possible to accomplish.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Hopefully this will let me finish those motifs I am missing bits of.

Onward to thievery!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."