Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

no CP "test" actually fun, im very suprised

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it was a blast. Aside from the EP Faction Stack Of Doom at the end, it was a tremendously fun PvP night. I dunno how solo feels, but group play was much, much better.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Yea it was a blast. Aside from the EP Faction Stack Of Doom at the end, it was a tremendously fun PvP night. I dunno how solo feels, but group play was much, much better.

Poisons and procs are twice as effective as they are with CP.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would assume so. Do solo players not have personal heal and cleanse bots tho? It's been so long since I played solo I forget.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would assume so. Do solo players not have personal heal and cleanse bots tho? It's been so long since I played solo I forget.

Dubzug does. But he'd argue that's more his "slave" than a bot.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm now accepting a sexcretarial postion: must spam cleanse and heal.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most fun I've had in ESO pvp in over a year. Hopefully this convinces more people to stick with cp-free pvp and increases the overall Azura's population.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say it's the best pvp I've had since when it first came out on Xbox. I will be changing to the no CP campaign after this week but I'm afraid because I'm from Oceania it's not going to be active at the times I play.

This is how pvp should be and zos needs to make this a permanent thing.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this decreased lag an NA exclusive feature?
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler you might want to check on EU this time aswell - because the server still lags really bad here.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, well, templar over here.

I just recently changed to a templar hybrid setup (comming from health/stam going to mag/stam) and only had about 1 week of testing before CP have been removed. Appart from increased lag (PC/EU/Trueflame) I don't really feel my ability to heal has been changing much. Overall my setup doesn't trade health for magica, it trades ~ 300 weapon dmg and quite a number of armor penetration (at least for the moment - as I am not geared up the way I want it, yet) for (worthwhile) access to magica abilities, inclusing healing. Adding to this I didn't feel any need to change my CP, yet.

So, i am not an expert on this setup and i am sure there are alot of ways to improve it. Yet, in big fights I do use the magica-steal mechanic often (easy thing to grab magica along the way if you got talons that actually deal some damage :smiley:) and in smaller encounters I don't need to heal all the time.

Just adding a new flavor I thought sharing a different opinion might be interesting.

Given that i am still trying to figure out my skill-set I do not feel beeing gimped in any way due to removal of CP ... I sure like the additional AP for my healing tho. :blush:
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Hmm, well, templar over here.

I just recently changed to a templar hybrid setup (comming from health/stam going to mag/stam) and only had about 1 week of testing before CP have been removed. Appart from increased lag (PC/EU/Trueflame) I don't really feel my ability to heal has been changing much. Overall my setup doesn't trade health for magica, it trades ~ 300 weapon dmg and quite a number of armor penetration (at least for the moment - as I am not geared up the way I want it, yet) for (worthwhile) access to magica abilities, inclusing healing. Adding to this I didn't feel any need to change my CP, yet.

So, i am not an expert on this setup and i am sure there are alot of ways to improve it. Yet, in big fights I do use the magica-steal mechanic often (easy thing to grab magica along the way if you got talons that actually deal some damage :smiley:) and in smaller encounters I don't need to heal all the time.

Just adding a new flavor I thought sharing a different opinion might be interesting.

Given that i am still trying to figure out my skill-set I do not feel beeing gimped in any way due to removal of CP ... I sure like the additional AP for my healing tho. :blush:

my thoughts on templars where mainly aimed at dps templars. thise that can do alot of damage but due to massive CP points can also somehow wave their hand once and regen to full health.
    healer builds will be geared to heal.
    thats what ive noticed so far anyway. if you have a templar that is still dishing out massive dps as well as huge burst heals endlessly without CP, then good work. im yet to run into that :)
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, I am no closer to beeing able to deal a stustained "alot of damage" then before my change (determined to work on it tho ^^). However, surviving alot of damage for a long period of time helps me in placing those "sometimes a lot of damage" (no typho) I now can do more often, which does has its benefits.

edit: But yeah, sure, pure magplars will notice the change. So do stamblades, i assume.
    Edited by Elsterchen on February 28, 2017 9:04PM
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Dubzug does. But he'd argue that's more his "slave" than a bot.

I hope you weren't talking about me

Edited by donJay on February 28, 2017 9:12PM
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler you might want to check on EU this time aswell - because the server still lags really bad here.

I didn't feel decreased lag on NA. Not today or yesterday.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if the lag is better and I have had 1 disconnect but I am having more fun. I think it might be because of all the new people in PvP so its not the same old elites kicking the crap out of everyone. I even got my emperor kill achievement which is nice. Only down side is I have been 1 second killed by a NB with a proc set but *** happens.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea. I had much more fun without CP (I'm capped) so I will definitely being moving over to the non-CP campaign when they turn CP back on.

Edited by Sureshawt on February 28, 2017 11:31PM
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome!
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been on Hadderus and still seeing lag there. Also lots of people with long long loading screens, disconnects, etc. Getting the extra AP has been fun but not worth it when you get disconnected and have to wait in queue to get back into PvP for a game you've subscribed to.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took my Daggerfall Templar healer into PvP today to get her Warhorn and Purge, and ended up playing an extra hour. Was fortunate enough to get into a good group led by someone who typically PvPs.
    Did my first scroll run ever, took several keeps and resources, and generally had a blast. Half the group did disconnect while fighting to take an outpost of all things; logged back in to see about 60 Pact players camping the spot and killing those who lagged out as soon as we materialized.
    Tried a few more keeps after that but by then the lag had kicked in and the red circles for oil pots and trebuchets were not displaying on most players' screens (player-cast abilities were telegraphing fine, it was just siege equipment bugging out), so group got frustrated and disbanded.

Logged in on my Dominion Stamplar afterwards (around 10pm EST). Wasn't able to find a group, people were not coordinating or talking, and it felt like the majority of Dominion was zerging to die repeatedly to the Pact to help them farm AP.
    Died a few times during a ten minute span where I was completely unable to bars was. Game crashed while I was defending a keep; logged in to fall down off where the wall I was standing on had been, right into the Pact group taking the keep.
    Respawned at a different keep to follow a marker showing a different fight at a farm. Found a group of four who didn't want me to tag along. Decided to call it quits for the night.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dumb question:
    My primary stats (magicka, health, stamina) went down, as well. How is that possible? Why would CP influence that?
  • Kajin
    Kajin
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Dumb question:
    My primary stats (magicka, health, stamina) went down, as well. How is that possible? Why would CP influence that?

CP passive increase when you spend points into the three.
    When I'm playing in the CP campaign I use rings with stamina and weapon damage.
    When I'm playing in no CP I swicth to rings with HP and stam recovery.

On topic I'm already playing in Azura EU lately and I hope the AD gets more player in!
    I hope they remove cost poisons and deal with the proc set/ heavy armor meta and then it would be even better. :smiley:
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no CP is pretty fun in groups, but it's a horrible experience solo. it's fun every now and then but overall i really do prefer CP. offers more options for gameplay.

Edited by Lucky28 on March 1, 2017 8:03AM
    Invictus
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kajin, I see... Was totally oblivious to that.
    (^_^);
    Thank you!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I liked the CP system, but I prefer Trueflame with no CP. I guess what I did not like about no CP PVP is more about Azura's Star. No offense to players who play there!! /shieldeyes

Though server lag is still an issue, I found my controls felt crisper than when fighting in similar conditions with CP enabled.

Over the course of the last year, I've gone from a player who played in Cyrodiil every day to one who goes weeks at a time without playing. If this change was made permanent or if a competitive community akin to TF were to develop on Azura's Star, I'd probably play more often again.

This is an extremely early opinion, of course. As more players adapt, Cyrodiil gameplay may redevelop the same or worse issues.
    Edited by zyk on March 1, 2017 8:39AM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, its totally ***, run 16gb ram n use minimal add ons and you are fine.

i usually run all my add ons but can't now, on top of that trueflame is full of total noobcakes.

get serious, 3 campaigns now

azura for noobcakes with no cp or those that wanna farm them, haderus for pointless emperor runs....
    then trueflame for hardcore pvp players.

now TF is a noob wonderland and no tactics are possible with these dumb roleplay/zergalist/cowards here for AP farming. many have left till next monday already coz Trueflame is a total joke. Azura mk2. we do not want this stupidity.

WTB Trueflame 10k
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    hotfix asap zo$
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I didn't feel decreased lag on NA. Not today or yesterday.

Maybe it´s only people saying lag decreased who want to feel it then.

Maybe i don´t want to feel an improvement. I don´t know.

Only thing i now is that i have not had this little fun in the game since orsinium launched and i farmed vMSA for 4 months straight.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope zos is seeing things like this it seems more and more players are enjoying this pvp need to appeal to a wide range of players not just a handful of elitists.

I have to disagree. On first sight, no-CP should be favorable to low-CP players because the gap to fully leveled players is gone. Or to say it the other way around: loosing 600 cp takes away 600 mini-advantages that stack to a mountain of OP.

BUT!

Newbies always knew they were new to the game and had to learn in order to compete with the experienced players. No-cp doesn't change anything about it. But no-cp is devastating for average or below-average players who always explained their not-so-perfect performance with the missing 100 or 50 cps to max. And no-cp exposes max-cp players who were only buffed by their cps, not by their skills.

"Elitists" normally know very, very well how to play the game, they profit from no-cp. Enemies are easier to wipe, healbots can just be exhausted, and procset-gankbuilds don't oneshot anymore. Skill all of a sudden makes a clear and visible difference.

Read the forum and you realize that most players are crying hard for either their lack of excuse for bad gameplay or for their inability to handle PVP with less than maxed cp. Zenimax has an open politics of buffing bad players and debuffing good ones. So whatever they do, you can be absolutely sure that they will NOT install a PVP version where the good can simply wipe the bad over and over again. (Well, they can't totally prevent it now either, but they do their very best)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing on AS for quite some time (both, solo and in groups). imho it's fun and solo is absolutely possible. neither resource poisons nor proc sets ruin my psn-purging stamplar or my high-reg ele-drain-using sorc.

That said, spells like extended ritual, ele drain to minor extend, and especially dark deal are most probably waaay too strong to be considered balanced on AS. Mag dk's aren't as "back" as they are on other campaigns. While offensive and defensive cp's somewhat cancel themselves out, sustain related CP really make it hard (impossible?) for some skills to be balanced with and without CP. Imho, these balance discrepancies weight much heavier than the "procsets + poisons even stronger" claims made, atm.

The best thing is probably that you still have to make choices. In order to get a level of sustain that lets you perform properly you HAVE to sacrifice a significant portion of potential damage - unlike on campaigns with CP
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the fun most here experience comes less from the fact that the campaigns are non-CP than from the influx of squishy new PvE-players attracted by the AP bonus...
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    I think the fun most here experience comes less from the fact that the campaigns are non-CP than from the influx of squishy new PvE-players attracted by the AP bonus...

thats arnt new Players, that are the min-maxers with cps that have no sustain or some other ressistance other than cps.

you can identify them pretty easy, the one who know when to doge/block etc but die easy are the optimized cp pvpers, the one who doesnt block or break free are the noobs
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots