Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP trading in Cyrodiil

• out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I don't think there should be action taken against people, but I do think ZOS should have stepped in a week ago with a patch to revert the changes until a better system could be put in place.

I can definitely agree on faster patching. :)
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    There is no need to do anything against them, because the AD no lifers are already taking everything, at least on Haderus. So no chance to do ap trading.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apokalypt wrote: »
    There is no need to do anything against them, because the AD no lifers are already taking everything, at least on Haderus. So no chance to do ap trading.

Yeah, this is the main reason I don't consider this to be a huge deal. We are pvpers, and this is a problem with a pvp solution. Get a group together and curbstomp these scrubs.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    out51d3r wrote: »
    There has yet (to my knowledge) to be anything like this whee ZOS hasn't just patched it, moved on and left all the rewards in place

That, imho, is actually how they should handle something like keep trading. While I personally find it to be quite lame, it's currently a legal game mechanic and people shouldn't be punished for doing it. Aside from botters/macroers.

The mechanic should be changed to address it, and I'm guessing it probably will be fixed within the next couple of patches. That's good enough for me.

I don't think there should be action taken against people, but I do think ZOS should have stepped in a week ago with a patch to revert the changes until a better system could be put in place.

The people doing this should be temp banned, their Ranks reset and their AP removed.
    There is no 'excusing' this as a valid game mechanic. Just like there was no excusing VMOL exploits etc.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • d3dbi4
    d3dbi4
    ✭✭
    Apokalypt wrote: »

Ah, poor purple exploiters, evil AD do not allow to trade AP. But they've all still have to go to sleep or work and your time will come
    Edited by d3dbi4 on February 28, 2017 7:35AM
    Felix, Unfriendly Fire, PC, EU
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    People that used double mundus complain people that swap flags now, this is hilarious
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arjuska wrote: »
    They should make the achievement Grand Overlord of Bleakers. I'm still surprised how many people will take advantage of cheesy stuff :(

Id like that a lot tbh, always wanted some title that refers to exploiting and that I can wear full of pride <3
    Arthg wrote: »
    Vigilante guilds are needed in all three factions.

How can ZOS let players take a s*ite on its own game - beats me.

vigilantes are criminals tho
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »

Fair enough, bad wording then I guess.
    I meant guilds disrupting the AP-leeching AFKers as in the OP's video.
    Nothing "illegal" or against the rules and spirit of the game in doing that.

ZOS could maybe create another campaign for PvB (players vs. Bleakers), with their own BS ranks and titles.

Mockporal
    Detergeant
    Lewd tenant
    Faptain
    Moltonel (a loo roll brand in France)
    Legrat
    Fapatine
    Tosserlord

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, bad wording then I guess.
    I meant guilds disrupting the AP-leeching AFKers as in the OP's video.
    Nothing "illegal" or against the rules and spirit of the game in doing that.

ZOS could maybe create another campaign for PvB (players vs. Bleakers), with their own BS ranks and titles.

Mockporal
    Detergeant
    Lewd tenant
    Faptain
    Moltonel (a loo roll brand in France)
    Legrat
    Fapatine
    Tosserlord

lol id like that always wanted a rank that reflects my pride, id propose master of bleakers, master of sejanus and master of nikel too tho mockporal is great
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiDynasty wrote: »
    People that used double mundus complain people that swap flags now, this is hilarious

I have constantly found that hypocrisy is rampant with exploiters in this game.

Knowing people who farmed the bugged boss mobs for wax who would then enter cyrodiil and complain about mundus exploits and how all exploiters should be banned.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wonky_Jr
    Wonky_Jr
    ✭✭
    Is this just a PC problem? I'm on Xbox Eu and don't see this in BWB or am I just to stupid to not notice.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiDynasty wrote: »

Yeah the dubble mundus stone didn't completetly screw up the AP economy or ranks that some players spent months getting legit. Not even compareable imo.
    :]
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    well tbh this RP ing is just the same as emperor trading in 2014, coordinating with an enemy faction to benefit... technically there isn't any kind of exploit involved and therefore theoretically exploiting is either worse or better depending on ones view. The thing is as long as nothing will be prosecuted by zenimax it doesn't matter what you do or don't because its possible and has a neglectable influence
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well tbh this RP ing is just the same as emperor trading in 2014, coordinating with an enemy faction to benefit... technically there isn't any kind of exploit involved and therefore theoretically exploiting is either worse or better depending on ones view. The thing is as long as nothing will be prosecuted by zenimax it doesn't matter what you do or don't because its possible and has a neglectable influence

Emperor trading didn't affect the in game economy, if anyone actually had to feed someone for emp (why would that even be needed if possessing hands) it was small ammounts and not MILLIONS of AP.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Emperor trading didn't affect the in game economy, if anyone actually had to feed someone for emp (why would that even be needed if possessing hands) it was small ammounts and not MILLIONS of AP.

As someone involved in Emperor trading I can confirm this. It was generally done on dead campaigns and players would need about 50k AP to reach top of the leaderboard, there wasn't any real farming when the feeding happened.
    Edited by Turelus on February 28, 2017 11:40AM
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    it did still affect the game, since former emp passives where there, leaderboards in pve, etc...
    so basically you're just crying about the inflation of the most useless currency anyways...
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it did still affect the game, since former emp passives where there, leaderboards in pve, etc...
    so basically you're just crying about the inflation of the most useless currency anyways...
    I can only speak for myself but I am annoyed that ZOS doesn't care about the issues they cause, it's obvious that even if not an exploit this isn't what ZOS intended to happen.

I've not known an MMO company see something like this and not act with a patch or an announcement before, generally even when something is not a direct exploit but allows for massive gains in this way the company will step in and stop it for the sake of the games economy or integrity.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the former emp passives were honestly such a small ammount it hardly affected anything. The only good passive was the cheaper ultimate. Besides, the passives got removed from the game. If you are going to bait and troll, please atleast put some effort into it and get a little creative.

Ofcourse it was a useless currency for you, you never had any of it. (That's a bait, btw.)
    Edited by themdogesbite on February 28, 2017 11:51AM
  • Sashke
    Sashke
    ✭✭

why a lot of people spend hours farming it on outposts if it is so useless?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to remove the video from the original post. The reason being that naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. If you wish to report another player please feel free to do so in a support ticket with any evidence you have.

Thank you for understanding.

So zos built it like this, and somehow its naming and shaming? Care to elaborate @ZOS_AntonioP

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sashke wrote: »

why a lot of people spend hours farming it on outposts if it is so useless?

They're not doing it for the AP, but what the AP unlocks via ranks. The currency is especially worthless though.
  • Sashke
    Sashke
    ✭✭

They're not doing it for the AP, but what the AP unlocks via ranks. The currency is especially worthless though.

just check prices of akaviri motifs, morag tong items and etc

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The motifs will tank as soon as people start to cash out though. They had value because AP was harder to obtain, now people can get a page every hour.

Is Morag Tong one of the ones which can be purchased outright or is it boxed? If it's outright then prices might start to come down as people cash out, if it's box then the RNG might keep it at a good value.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What to do pvp players that support fair play and do not do AP trading? - They PvP
    How such players can become the Emperors? - No one cares who is Emp, Emp trading is not new.
    How such players should earn money, if AP is now priceless. - The same way anyone else does.
    Pvp ranks are now also worthless. - They've always been worthless.

That'll be three dollars and twenty-three cents.

A vast majority of the PvP population doesn't care about the inter-alliance politics and just logs on to PvP, if somebody is farming AP they don't care. If somebody is trading Emperor, they don't care. I'd go as far to say that around 60-70% simply do not care and just want to have fun PvPing.

I agree^^ The main reason I pvp is to have fun with my guild, I don't care what is going otherwise I don't care who thinks they at the uberest, I do care when I see cheating and exploiting going on that directly impacts my fun and game play outside that what others do others will do, most of them are robbing themselves of a good game experience for a cheap hollow victory, that no one cares about, so many emp titles in game it's joke from the swapping days, I only care to get to legate for the color. I hope my interest for pvp will pick back up.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 28, 2017 1:11PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The motifs will tank as soon as people start to cash out though. They had value because AP was harder to obtain, now people can get a page every hour.

Is Morag Tong one of the ones which can be purchased outright or is it boxed? If it's outright then prices might start to come down as people cash out, if it's box then the RNG might keep it at a good value.

The point is that this exploit directly impacts not only pvp progression but also in game economy it doesn't matter what value things will be etc what matters is that without this exploit it would be different.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No, the former emp passives were honestly such a small ammount it hardly affected anything. The only good passive was the cheaper ultimate. Besides, the passives got removed from the game. If you are going to bait and troll, please atleast put some effort into it and get a little creative.

Ofcourse it was a useless currency for you, you never had any of it. (That's a bait, btw.)

well former emp passives were affecting pvp especially for dks and negate bots and for sure in pve, more ults-> higher dps and ye they got removed and since then no emp trading more, guess we should just remove ap or ranks or both to fix this problem or?
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is that this exploit directly impacts not only pvp progression but also in game economy it doesn't matter what value things will be etc what matters is that without this exploit it would be different.

Agreed. Which is why I gave ZOS all the information they needed and asked for to stop it. Yet... here we are with double AP rewards.

Maybe I will get lucky and some of the nice people farming will take pity on me and send me motif pages for free. :tongue: