The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP trading in Cyrodiil

• Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabania wrote: »
    here about our guild and destroults here.
    It's here ( :D ) cause you are just as guilty of abusing as they are. And in no position to demand anything. Is that so hard to grasp?)
    And it's really not cool to badmouth people just because they do not agree with you.

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    here is log of what happenned there:
    farm.jpg
    It was 6k ap gain every 2 min for like 100 people. That is = 180k ap/h by standing offline for majority of haderus population. Don't tell us that your trackers didn't notice anything wrong. Doesn't look any familiar, for example to BB exploit?
    With new event it will be 360k ap/h for standing afk... You don't see anything wrong here?

Especially loved EP comments how they will do it anyway and noone will stop them. I had to go there with my group and stop it by wiping every single dc inside-repair walls-kill dc again-repair again-kill dc again.
    P.S.: thx all RPers participated for giving us AP, sending me and my friends Eternal Engine of Salt and letting my group to discover many wonderous things about ourself.
    Especially thanks to high-ranked "alite" small-scale players who were trying to guard those farmers, but served as fuel for my kill counter.
    kills.jpg

I don´t think they look at EU PC serverstatistics at all tbh.

You can´t notice if you never look.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP I cant believe you're banning a video for "naming and shaming" that shows how 50+ ppl "roleplay" at Bleakers. Do you seriously think anyone would cover up every single name in every single frame in this video? And since you obviously don't feel anything could be wrong with this "roleplay" - otherwise you surely would have mentioned that -, how CAN anyone name and shame the AP traders? And what will you do next? Ban the ppl who go there to wipe the "roleplayers" because they interrupt "positive social behaviour"?

Normally I just feel disgusted by the players who abuse mechanics like that, but now seeing how Zenimax even supports them ...

*no words available that I would want to use in a post"
  • Zabania
    Zabania
    ✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    here about our guild and destroults here.
    It's here ( :D ) cause you are just as guilty of abusing as they are. And in no position to demand anything. Is that so hard to grasp?)
    And it's really not cool to badmouth people just because they do not agree with you.

Ok, looks like hard case here, some guy calling me fellah, pointing on some mistake in post and a teaching a good manners on forum for badmouth. You are not in position to demand anything from me here :D . Good luck in Cyro=)
    GM and Tyran of "Unfriendly Fire" guild

La'rascasse EP
    Nadleehe EP
    Nadleehe Akwos AD
    Commander Zaban DC
    Lock on Stratos AD
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not in position to demand anything from me here :D
    Just make sure to sell out all of your rapidly depreciating ap's :D

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Zabania
    Zabania
    ✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    You are not in position to demand anything from me here :D
    Just make sure to sell out all of your rapidly depreciating ap's :D

If you think that matter is in AP, thats disappointing, really =(
    GM and Tyran of "Unfriendly Fire" guild

La'rascasse EP
    Nadleehe EP
    Nadleehe Akwos AD
    Commander Zaban DC
    Lock on Stratos AD
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    Sashke wrote: »
    Yesterday we went to Haderus, PC EU
    It was incredible. The crowd of EP and DC players were engaged in trading AP on Bleaker's outpost.
    70+ players of both alliances were sitting inside Outpost, and many were sitting afk around: on trees, stones, on ledges of the columns.
    People gain 6 k AP every 2 minutes just giving each other flags, without battles.

Do you realize the scale of what is happening?

So I want to ask:
    What to do pvp players that support fair play and do not do AP trading?
    How such players can become the Emperors?
    How such players should earn money, if AP is now priceless.
    Pvp ranks are now also worthless.

ZOS, do you have any idea what will happen next week, when you increase the amount of AP?

Are you going to change something or it's time to change the game?

[Removed video for naming and shaming]

PvP in this game is dead long ago.
    No good enough usable exclusive PvP rewards, no buffs outside Cyro, Alliance point pumping = no reason to fight.
    Just battle for nothing.

P.S. lol... what a hell is "naming and shaming"?))) people have to know these heroes of a AP pumping
    Edited by Lokov on February 27, 2017 1:22PM
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    ZOS don't care at all what's going on on EU PC server. If you still like PVP and like this game I recommend you to swap to NA. It's poinltess to make videos, it's pointless to make forum posts, I doubt ZOS even remember that EU server still exists lol.

NO, no, no,... please stay on the EU server, we have enough problems of our own on the NA server. We don't need anymore "help". :s
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to lighten up on their "naming and shaming" policy. . . This is considered exploiting. It is breaking the ToS please reference:
    You agree not to use any Service to:
    Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;

And before you think to try and say its not an "exploit" and that "ZOS knew this would happen and has done nothing":
    exploit
    verb (transitive) ( ɪkˈsplɔɪt)
    to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends

I know zos has the ability to track this info - just the other week @ZOS_BrianWheeler posted some fact statistics in regards to how much ap people were gaining over how long etc. Disciplinary action needs to be taken against these players. whether that be have their pvp ranks rolled back and achievements wiped or what but the longer ZOS takes for action, the more people that will interpret that as apathy and partake in ruinous behavior.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    ZOS don't care at all what's going on on EU PC server. If you still like PVP and like this game I recommend you to swap to NA. It's poinltess to make videos, it's pointless to make forum posts, I doubt ZOS even remember that EU server still exists lol.

NO, no, no,... please stay on the EU server, we have enough problems of our own on the NA server. We don't need anymore "help". :s

Too late :trollface:
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but I believe Brian Wheeler made a comment that they are aware what is going on and said something about adjusting AP gains from resources and outposts after test week.

So please, relax and enjoy the game ( passes everyone tissues ).

Edited by vamp_emily on February 27, 2017 2:10PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but I believe Brian Wheeler made a comment that they are aware what is going on and said something about adjust AP from resources and outposts after test week.

So please, relax and enjoy the game ( passes everyone tissues ).

Well, that sentence from him is even more infuriating if anything..... "Hey, we are going to fix our mistake, but before that we'd like to make 100% worse for a week."
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Campaign the same players are at the top of the leaderboards and Emp with 5 times everyone else's AP in Cyrodiil.
    How do you think they do it? By AP swapping which has been going on since the game began.
    Where were your concerns then?

Now a lot of these same people are worried other players may threaten their positions because now you can actually make decent AP for playing the game.

Please don't mess a good thing up like actually getting decent AP for taking objectives which is the whole point of the scoring.

If you just start running and controlling the map it will make it harder for the noobs to RP because it wiil cut transport to the outposts and you can then pick them off on the way!

What exactly do you get for the higher Alliance ranks anyway?

Oh wait I can buy an elder scroll for my house. lmao
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

um hellur?! WORTH IT!

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• d3dbi4
    d3dbi4
    ✭✭
    Every Campaign the same players are at the top of the leaderboards and Emp with 5 times everyone else's AP in Cyrodiil.
    How do you think they do it? By AP swapping which has been going on since the game began.
    I dont know how it is on NA, but on EU main campaign (TF) emperor recipe is simple: you must have a good group and you must be almost 24/7 on campaign.
    Felix, Unfriendly Fire, PC, EU
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now a lot of these same people are worried other players may threaten their positions because now you can actually make decent AP for playing the game.

Please don't mess a good thing up like actually getting decent AP for taking objectives which is the whole point of the scoring.

If you just start running and controlling the map it will make it harder for the noobs to RP because it wiil cut transport to the outposts and you can then pick them off on the way!

What exactly do you get for the higher Alliance ranks anyway?

Youre just making yourself look like a fool. If youre seriously trying to suggest that the people on top of the leaderboards were flipping objectives back and forth or getting fed by friends on other alliances on an industrial scale, youre out of your mind. Maybe some of them were getting fed ticks by their guilds, but thats about as far as it usually goes.

Just learn to play and stop making up nonsense excuses for this *** happening right now. People are farming up 500k+ AP/h at Bleaker's on Haderus PC EU right now, with the double AP event being active. A lot of them are probably AFK the whole time.

When people were glitching Rakkhat for easy vMOL HM clears it got fixed. PvP progression getting exploited to the point of total meaninglessness? Here, have a double AP week so you can get your Grand Overlord (without even a minute of required PvP) 2x faster.
    It's so horrible you'd think it's right out of a bad comedy show... you can't make this stuff up. Thanks, ZOS.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is ZOS' official stance on the AP farming?

has anyone of authority from ZOS commented on whether its allowed but frowned upon or what?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

has anyone of authority from ZOS commented on whether its allowed but frowned upon or what?

As far as I know I am the person they have had the most contact on with this (as I was the one reporting it all), this is all I know.
    • It was debated on forums for a while whilst still small scale.
    • Brian Wheeler posted stats which were not correct and has yet to explain why they were not correct.
    • I posted stats/pictures on the forums showing the EU Haderus AP trade numbers.
    • Brian Wheeler posted on my wall asking where it was happening.
    • ESO Live Friday Brian said there was some "behaviours" but otherwise didn't give any information.
    • Friday night after ESO Live ZOS messaged me in PM asking for a clear breakdown of what's happened (which I supplied)
    • Today ZOS go ahead with the double AP event with no mention at all of anything to do with AP farming.
    • I messaged ZOS in reply to our previous PM's asking for clarifcation on this because I want to know if I should or shouldn't be doing it.
    To me it seems they don't care, many other issues they've spoken out on and actively done work to show they're on top of the issue, including the Blackboot Farm issues. Honestly I am ready to change my mind on this issue again and say screw ZOS and morals in their game and just go AFK there with a macro for a week whilst I play Torment on another screen.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    [*] I messaged ZOS in reply to our previous PM's asking for clarifcation on this because I want to know if I should or shouldn't be doing it.

To me it seems they don't care, many other issues they've spoken out on and actively done work to show they're on top of the issue, including the Blackboot Farm issues. Honestly I am ready to change my mind on this issue again and say screw ZOS and morals in their game and just go AFK there with a macro for a week whilst I play Torment on another screen.

Game mechanics aren't moral or immoral. Use the mechanics you have at your disposal to create the outcome you desire. If you prioritize AP gain over competition, go ahead and trade a keep. If you prioritize competition, put a group together and roll over the farmers. Or even just go in and rebuild the walls.

Macroing is outside of the game mechanics and is clearly cheating. Don't do it.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out51d3r wrote: »
    [*] I messaged ZOS in reply to our previous PM's asking for clarifcation on this because I want to know if I should or shouldn't be doing it.

Game mechanics aren't moral or immoral. Use the mechanics you have at your disposal to create the outcome you desire. If you prioritize AP gain over competition, go ahead and trade a keep. If you prioritize competition, put a group together and roll over the farmers. Or even just go in and rebuild the walls.

Macroing is outside of the game mechanics and is clearly cheating. Don't do it.
    I don't see ZOS doing anything about the tens of people doing it every single night for hours whilst they sleep. Why should I not be allowed the same benefits of sleeping so I can be rested for work the next day but also make millions of AP?

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see ZOS doing anything about the tens of people doing it every single night for hours whilst they sleep. Why should I not be allowed the same benefits of sleeping so I can be rested for work the next day but also make millions of AP?

Because you clearly agreed not to do it by agreeing to the TOS(it specifically forbids third party software). If that is meaningful to you(it should be), don't do it.
    Edited by out51d3r on February 27, 2017 4:00PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you clearly agreed not to do it by agreeing to the TOS(it specifically forbids third party software). If that is meaningful to you(it should be), don't do it.
    What about all those people who are, are reported for doing so and weeks later are still doing it?

Again, why should I play by the rules which I did agree to when everyone doesn't have to. I should probably just log off the forums for the day but I am so tired of the double standards and lazy attitudes from ZOS regarding any kind of rules enforcement in this game.

I gain nothing by doing the right thing, everyone who breaks ToS gets rich and has a better stance in the game with no issues.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about all those people who are, are reported for doing so and weeks later are still doing it?

Again, why should I play by the rules which I did agree to when everyone doesn't have to. I should probably just log off the forums for the day but I am so tired of the double standards and lazy attitudes from ZOS regarding any kind of rules enforcement in this game.

I gain nothing by doing the right thing, everyone who breaks ToS gets rich and has a better stance in the game with no issues.

The crazy thing about ethics. If you don't have them when they aren't convenient, then you don't have them ever.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

The crazy thing about ethics. If you don't have them when they aren't convenient, then you don't have them ever.

Indeed. I guess I just have to accept I will always be behind everyone else but can hold my head up and say "I didn't do it cheap" only to be insulted and laughed at for being an idiot. How I love this community. :disappointed:
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Indeed. I guess I just have to accept I will always be behind everyone else but can hold my head up and say "I didn't do it cheap" only to be insulted and laughed at for being an idiot. How I love this community. :disappointed:

If you're happy with your choices without the need for any b.s. rationalizations, that's all that matters.

It's really strange that I haven't seen this sort of AP swapping on XB NA. I haven't gone peeking into every campaign, but I really expected it to be more rampant.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a difference between doing it cheap and doing it illegally.

People who are trading keeps are certainly doing it cheap. I haven't got a problem with people doing it cheap. If the game's mechanics allow people to do it, then they should do it if that's what they want to do. I personally think keep trading is lame, but people are under no obligation to care about what I feel is lame/cheap.

The ones that are using bots/macros in the process? They are doing it illegally and should be dealt with.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I know I am the person they have had the most contact on with this (as I was the one reporting it all), this is all I know.
    • Brian Wheeler posted stats which were not correct and has yet to explain why they were not correct.
    • I posted stats/pictures on the forums showing the EU Haderus AP trade numbers.
    • ESO Live Friday Brian said there was some "behaviours" but otherwise didn't give any information.
    • Friday night after ESO Live ZOS messaged me in PM asking for a clear breakdown of what's happened (which I supplied)
    • Today ZOS go ahead with the double AP event with no mention at all of anything to do with AP farming.
    • I messaged ZOS in reply to our previous PM's asking for clarifcation on this because I want to know if I should or shouldn't be doing it.

Thanks for the insight. judging from what you wrote - it honestly doesnt appear that ZOS "doesnt care" - they are clearly reaching out to the playerbase and building a case.

Sure they could stop the event as a whole but i mean, they also need to stay on schedule with their trajectories and plans for Cyrodiil reform as stated in their ESO road ahead. Im sure players partaking in this exploit can be tracked and disciplinary action can be taken at a later date.

will they? i honestly dont think they will. any sort of punishment will cause angry millennial players to swear theyll never play ESO again and ZOS will cave to it.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the insight. judging from what you wrote - it honestly doesnt appear that ZOS "doesnt care" - they are clearly reaching out to the playerbase and building a case.

Sure they could stop the event as a whole but i mean, they also need to stay on schedule with their trajectories and plans for Cyrodiil reform as stated in their ESO road ahead. Im sure players partaking in this exploit can be tracked and disciplinary action can be taken at a later date.

will they? i honestly dont think they will. any sort of punishment will cause angry millennial players to swear theyll never play ESO again and ZOS will cave to it.

The problem is reaching out and getting a case and taking action are very far gaps for ZOS.
    There has yet (to my knowledge) to be anything like this whee ZOS hasn't just patched it, moved on and left all the rewards in place, this includes full on exploits (which they banned people for).

I honestly should just drop my forums warrioring on this, I am more ranting to vent steam over ZOS' constant failures than adding anything productive to the conversations.

I will just wait until tomorrow night go play Torment for a week and buy the motifs cheap from the guild store when people start cashing out.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has yet (to my knowledge) to be anything like this whee ZOS hasn't just patched it, moved on and left all the rewards in place

That, imho, is actually how they should handle something like keep trading. While I personally find it to be quite lame, it's currently a legal game mechanic and people shouldn't be punished for doing it. Aside from botters/macroers.

The mechanic should be changed to address it, and I'm guessing it probably will be fixed within the next couple of patches. That's good enough for me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has yet (to my knowledge) to be anything like this whee ZOS hasn't just patched it, moved on and left all the rewards in place

That, imho, is actually how they should handle something like keep trading. While I personally find it to be quite lame, it's currently a legal game mechanic and people shouldn't be punished for doing it. Aside from botters/macroers.

The mechanic should be changed to address it, and I'm guessing it probably will be fixed within the next couple of patches. That's good enough for me.

I don't think there should be action taken against people, but I do think ZOS should have stepped in a week ago with a patch to revert the changes until a better system could be put in place.