Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP trading in Cyrodiil

Sashke
Sashke
✭✭
Yesterday we went to Haderus, PC EU
It was incredible. The crowd of EP and DC players were engaged in trading AP on Bleaker's outpost.
70+ players of both alliances were sitting inside Outpost, and many were sitting afk around: on trees, stones, on ledges of the columns.
People gain 6 k AP every 2 minutes just giving each other flags, without battles.

Do you realize the scale of what is happening?

So I want to ask:
What to do pvp players that support fair play and do not do AP trading?
How such players can become the Emperors?
How such players should earn money, if AP is now priceless.
Pvp ranks are now also worthless.

ZOS, do you have any idea what will happen next week, when you increase the amount of AP?

Are you going to change something or it's time to change the game?

[Removed video for naming and shaming]
Edited by [Deleted User] on February 25, 2017 9:52PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care, they knew this would happen, they allowed it.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just another thing that's wrong with this game , almost like that what people to leave due a broken game
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 1month break from eso, and now when I came back I realized that cyrodiil is two alliance war nowadays. Yellow vs. Purple. Maybe I come back when they release morrowind.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to remove the video from the original post. The reason being that naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. If you wish to report another player please feel free to do so in a support ticket with any evidence you have.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Sashke wrote: »
    What to do pvp players that support fair play and do not do AP trading? - They PvP
    How such players can become the Emperors? - No one cares who is Emp, Emp trading is not new.
    How such players should earn money, if AP is now priceless. - The same way anyone else does.
    Pvp ranks are now also worthless. - They've always been worthless.

That'll be three dollars and twenty-three cents.

A vast majority of the PvP population doesn't care about the inter-alliance politics and just logs on to PvP, if somebody is farming AP they don't care. If somebody is trading Emperor, they don't care. I'd go as far to say that around 60-70% simply do not care and just want to have fun PvPing.
    Edited by PandaIsAPotato on February 25, 2017 9:57PM
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello there,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to remove the video from the original post. The reason being that naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. If you wish to report another player please feel free to do so in a support ticket with any evidence you have.

Good luck reporting 40 plus people the flaw in the game needs fixing then it wouldn't be an issue
  • Sashke
    Sashke
    ✭✭
    If you are interested, you can watch it on our channel
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some players on PC EU have no sense of fair game play. Shame really.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep blowing em up I guess. Make sure everyone knows they're scrubs. What else can you do beyond that?
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS don't care at all what's going on on EU PC server. If you still like PVP and like this game I recommend you to swap to NA. It's poinltess to make videos, it's pointless to make forum posts, I doubt ZOS even remember that EU server still exists lol.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all rather funny. People go to an empty server, off peak hours, just to be horrified and outraged at what others are doing. If it weren't for the teeth grinding on the forums, most would never of noticed the hogwash.
  • d3dbi4
    d3dbi4
    ✭✭
    They call it "role play", but it is nothing but cheating
    Felix, Unfriendly Fire, PC, EU
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tale as old as time.... True as it can be.... AP boosting in the night.... lalalalala!!! Beauty and the AP!!!

https://youtu.be/343e0ymrvlQ
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Well, at least Haderus is full now, there was even a queue :trollface:

Adding a 10min cooldown after taking a keep could solve this issue easily.
    Edited by Alcast on February 26, 2017 9:20AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I agree with the cooldown solution. 10 minutes on keeps and 5 minutes on rescources.

Other than that I think people need to chill down with the judgemental tone, stop dictating to people what is right and wrong and stop abusing the report function.

If people want to trade AP they are in their right to do so - it is within the boundaries of the game mechanics.

If people want to kill people flipping keeps for easy AP they are in their right to do so too - but calling people exploiters and being salty about it is just stupid.

Neither side of the story should resolve to flaming each other for playing the way they want.

That being said I honestly hope that they get some kind of patch or fix in before the double AP event starts next week - that way flipping won't be the most effective method of farming AP anymore and the PvP test will be a much more precise scenario of how PvP actually is, performance wise.
  • Sashke
    Sashke
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

If people want to trade AP they are in their right to do so - it is within the boundaries of the game mechanics.

If people want to kill people flipping keeps for easy AP they are in their right to do so too - but calling people exploiters and being salty about it is just stupid.

In this case, don't whine when someone use 2 mundus stone bug or abusing another way in pve. mechanics allowed it too. may be you have this point of view because of someone from your guildmates or you "farming" AP at haderus outposts?
  • d3dbi4
    d3dbi4
    ✭✭
    Other than that I think people need to chill down with the judgemental tone, stop dictating to people what is right and wrong and stop abusing the report function.

Oh, im sorry. Gain AP without battles, more then in battles, its "just mechanics" not cheating. ok.

It's pathetic.

Edited by d3dbi4 on February 26, 2017 1:24PM
    Felix, Unfriendly Fire, PC, EU
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case, don't whine when someone use 2 mundus stone bug or abusing another way in pve. mechanics allowed it too. may be you have this point of view because of someone from your guildmates or you "farming" AP at haderus outposts?

Double mundus stone was an exploit in that it required you to do a very specific order of tasks in order to get it, and it involved breaking the game. Nothing is being broken here. No faulted line of code is being abused here. If anything it's just poor game design.

If you honestly think this is an exploit then you're very unknowledgeable on MMOs and I wouldn't life an eye brow if next you went and said that animation cancelling is an exploit too... Exactly same for that if you apply your mentality.
    d3dbi4 wrote: »

Oh, im sorry. Gain AP without battles, more then in battles, its "just mechanics" not cheating. ok.

It's pathetic.

The only thing pathetic is people being judgemental about it and calling it cheating. That's just ignorant.

Some people always try to push moral implications on others instead of minding their own business.

We can both agree that it's stupid that this is currently the highest AP gain per hour, in the game, though. That is the fault of the developers; not the players. Which is why I proposed they change this before the double AP event.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 26, 2017 1:41PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

It will mostly just slow people down, but the gain would still be more than doing actual AP. The cooldown idea would work to a degree but i think there would have to be additional layers or a dynamic cooldown based on activities completed in a given time.

Also you punish folks who arent doing anything wrong such as capturing the 3 resources before sieging, or capping resources before score evaluation.

My rule of thumb is you dont manage policy based on 1 percent of abusers, but thats my opinion. I havent seen very much of this behavior on scourge ps4 NA, and its no worse then solo taking a resource and farming the other alliance trying to take it back. I have however seen the fight all over the map now, and people defending these keeps rather than constant flipper back and forth.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Double mundus stone was an exploit in that it required you to do a very specific order of tasks in order to get it, and it involved breaking the game. Nothing is being broken here. No faulted line of code is being abused here. If anything it's just poor game design.

If you honestly think this is an exploit then you're very unknowledgeable on MMOs and I wouldn't life an eye brow if next you went and said that animation cancelling is an exploit too... Exactly same for that if you apply your mentality.

It's pathetic.

The only thing pathetic is people being judgemental about it and calling it cheating. That's just ignorant.

Some people always try to push moral implications on others instead of minding their own business.

We can both agree that it's stupid that this is currently the highest AP gain per hour, in the game, though. That is the fault of the developers; not the players. Which is why I proposed they change this before the double AP event.

Cheating is cheating. Quit trying to justify it. It's cheating.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's pathetic.

As a former world first PVE'r the thing which is most important is reputation for a guild. When you abuse exploits, of which AP trading is one type of exploitative behaviour you not only diminish the reputation of yourself but also your guild which you proudly list in your forum sig.

You can't complain when someone uses cheat engine to beat trial scores, or different bugged gear because that's also something which is 'allowed in the game' whether it be against ToS or not.

The ToS include the fact that you cant 'roleplay' someone who breaks ToS. e.g. RP a scammer and scam people because roleplay is not an excuse for breaking ToS. You are using the game mechanics inappropriately and in an 'unintended' manor.

Your animation cancelling argument is incorrect because ZoS has already said that this is acceptable behaviour and its now a feature of the game. Until ZOS says "Yes you should flip keeps with enemy factions without fighting them" its an exploit and it will always be one.

Defending a toxic community makes you part of that toxicity no matter how much you pretend you are against it but 'just have no choice'.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 26, 2017 2:01PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

It's pathetic.

Except it's not - aim your misguided moral slander elsewhere.
    Something doesn't become more true just because you agree with yourself and repeat it enough times.

It's pretty simple; if you don't like it go kill the people farming and spare us the moral speech because noone will or should give a sh*t about what other players think. The only ultimate judge on the subject is ZOS.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 26, 2017 2:02PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

It's pathetic.

Except it's not - aim your misguided moral slander elsewhere.
    Something doesn't become more true just because you agree with yourself and repeat it enough times.

It's pretty simple; if you don't like it go kill the people farming and spare us the moral speech because noone will or should give a sh*t about what other players think. The only ultimate judge on the subject is ZOS.

It's cheating. And judging by your reaction, you seem to know it is.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a former world first PVE'r the thing which is most important is reputation for a guild. When you abuse exploits, of which AP trading is one type of exploitative behaviour you not only diminish the reputation of yourself but also your guild which you proudly list in your forum sig.

I never actually said that I was participating in the keep flipping, that is your conclusion.
    Either way I don't think you should be afraid of what I do as a single person in PvP will hurt the reputation of Hodor's PvE achievement as a guild - so don't you go around worrying about that anymore.
    You say I proudly list Hodor, I just say I list Hodor because it is who I play with and socialize with in the game, and have been for over two years.
    I know you're implying I should feel ashasmed if I am taking part in keep flipping, expecially because I am in Hodor, but what you think is of no consequence to me; which is the entire point of my first post - stop judging others based on what you think is right or wrong. Until ZOS has made an official statement about it, it is at best a grey area that they cannot, and will not, punish people for. And like I said before; ZOS is ultimately the only judge here - everything else is just warm air.
    You can't complain when someone uses cheat engine to beat trial scores, or different bugged gear because that's also something which is 'allowed in the game' whether it be against ToS or not.

Are you seriously comparing the use of cheat engine - a third party program, to playing the game in a way the developers did not intend? If not then I don't understand this sentence.
    The ToS include the fact that you cant 'roleplay' someone who breaks ToS. e.g. RP a scammer and scam people because roleplay is not an excuse for breaking ToS. You are using the game mechanics inappropriately and in an 'unintended' manor.

Why are you talking about role playing now?
    Your animation cancelling argument is incorrect because ZoS has already said that this is acceptable behaviour and its now a feature of the game. Until ZOS says "Yes you should flip keeps with enemy factions without fighting them" its an exploit and it will always be one.

So following that logic, before ZOS made the offical statement on animation cancelling, it was an exploit?
    Since you're saying that unless ZOS officially condones keep flipping it's an exploit?
    Defending a toxic community makes you part of that toxicity no matter how much you pretend you are against it but 'just have no choice'.

The only toxicity on this subject is coming from the people who is calling it expoiting, naming and shaming, and herassing people in game over it - people who think they are morally superior and preach hate, and the people flaming those who "ruin" their keep flipping. Both sides should chillax.

Those are the people who my comment was aimed at.

I am not defending keep flipping and I am not condemning it either; it is not even the topic of what I wrote - I literally do not have an opinion on it.

I do however have an opinion on people who think they should dictate how others play the game when the only ones who have that right are ZOS - and they remarked on it in ESO Live and basically said it was behaviour that they did not intend and that they will correct with future patch. That does not mean that it is an exploit; ZOS themselves implicitely in that statement admits that it is a flaw of design and that it will be changed.

So the only thing you can blame people of who are keep flipping is that they aren't playing the game the way the developers intended - and what a vague and silly blame that is!

ZOS has had every opportunity to make it clear that this is an exploit that they will not tolerate - yet they haven't even when they actually touched the subject.

So the only people trying to justify anything here are the people who are insulting others for keep flipping, and the people insulting others for killing the people keep flipping.

It is super silly and a prime example of why drama over a game occours - people think they need to chose sides when in truth there are no sides - there's just PvP; participate in the keep flipping or kill the people participating in the keep flipping for now. It will eventually get fixed. But stop being such moral zealots about it.

EDIT: This will be my last comment on the subject.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 26, 2017 3:33PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I never actually said that I was participating in the keep flipping, that is your conclusion"

You are defending it, which is the same as doing it also I've watched the video and its clear to see which guilds are there and which aren't. Just saying ;)

" I don't think you should be afraid of what I do as a single person in PvP will hurt the reputation of Hodor's PvE achievement as a guild"

Its odd you assume I would be afraid of a tarnished guild reputation for a guild I'm not a part of. Projection perhaps.

"I know you're implying I should feel ashasmed if I am taking part in keep flipping, expecially because I am in Hodor, but what you think is of no consequence to me;"

Its interesting how many people say that what others say is of no consequence to them yet spend an unproportionate amount of time replying to their posts.

"Are you seriously comparing the use of cheat engine - a third party program, to playing the game in a way the developers did not intend? If not then I don't understand this sentence."

Both are unintended methods of playing the game. Its like saying oh murder is ok as long as you only kill 1 person. Its the serial killers who are the only bad people.

"The only toxicity on this subject is coming from the people who is calling it expoiting, naming and shaming, and herassing people in game over it"

Actually its the reverse. Those players who have gone to break up those fights get flamed and harassed and that is evident by the videos and screenshots they have provided.
    Posting on the forums as evidence of wrongdoing and exploiting isn't something people should be tarnished for. Its not toxic to do the right thing. Still feels like you're trying to defend it though.

"Why are you talking about role playing now?"

because that is the crutch that most people exploiting are using currently to justify their actions

"I do however have an opinion on people who think they should dictate how others play the game when the only ones who have that right are ZOS"

Actually its the people and communities who play this game who have the right to condemn and judge people for poor actions. Just as you proclaim you have the right to ignore their opinion and then try and impose your opinion onto them.
    I agree ZOS ultimately enforces the rules (to varying degrees of effectiveness, currently zero) but they cant be expected to dictate morality to the players.
    "EDIT: This will be my last comment on the subject"

I somehow doubt it :trollface:
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 26, 2017 7:01PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

How can you name and shame someone for a mechanic that is working as "intended".
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I completely support the idea of objects giving AP but this is totally stupid now and needs to be fixed as fast as possible to limit the damage it does to PvP. Would like to see a cooldown (maybe 10 minutes for ressources and 20 minutes for keeps/outposts) or spread the AP over the players who captured it. It is super frustrating for everyone who worked hard for her/his rank.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they have to do is implement diminishing AP returns over time on the objectives just like there is on players.
    In the meantime just go kill the RP'rs.
    Or maybe just not worry about it so much.
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop judging others based on what you think is right or wrong

...and start judging them by what? The amount of cognitive dissonance in this thread is palpable.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Hello there,

How can you name and shame someone for a mechanic that is working as "intended".

Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI