Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Increase Furnishing Cap [HOUSING]

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain
    "Our internal data shows that less than 3% of all players have maxed out the placement cap, but also only 50% of players have even purchased a house" probably ZOS. So there is no need.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    "Our internal data shows that less than 3% of all players have maxed out the placement cap, but also only 50% of players have even purchased a house" probably ZOS. So there is no need.

These numbers sounds suspicious.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm at 500/700 and have not touch the inside at all in my manor we need a little more
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm at 500/700 and have not touch the inside at all in my manor we need a little more

Pleassseeeee!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain
    Voted no cuz i think it is way way way way too early to start raising fundamental limits.

Furnishing caps will have significant impacts going forward and on new systems not yet in place.

consider "storage crates"

if we get a "crate" that acts as storage as a furnishing then any changes in furnishing caps have dramatic impact.

So IMO lets get some of the more non-cosmetic systems in place before we start looking at removing or loosening limitations which are frankly fairly liberal even now.

besides, higher furnishing limits would just spur the "i want more easy free mats now" crowd to ask for even more mats-on-demand.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I disagree with the idea that ESO+ should get such a large increase in how many furnishings are allowed. A few? Maybe, but double? That's just pretty pathetic, especially since it's such a large portion of the patch.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the furnished houses use up most of the furnishing limit?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    OMG YES!!!

I purchased the Ravenhurst home and because I don't have a sub right now (due to budget issues) I can only put 200 items in my home.

I am someone who likes to pay extreme attention to detail. Where I place things, how many, what it looks like with the lights on and off. Does it look natural? Does it fit, go together, function properly, etc etc.

There is so much I want to be able to do with this home, but can't because of the limitations. I think they actually should be doiubled to 400 items before the sub bonus kicks in. I know ZOS wants to make it so more people are actually subbing, but for those that don't and buy the homes and choose to furnice either by making or by buying the items with crows, we would actually like to furnish the home, both inside and out to it's most adequate potential at the very least.

I absolutely LOVE designing and furnishing the homes. I even bought a second one, the Velothi Reverie because I couldn't furnish my first one once I hit the limit. I'm almost at the 200 item limit again on the second one. :(

I kinda wish ZOS would just give me a job to go in and do furnishing designes for all their homes in Tamriel. I'd be in heaven!!
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    OMG YES!!!

I purchased the Ravenhurst home and because I don't have a sub right now (due to budget issues) I can only put 200 items in my home.

I am someone who likes to pay extreme attention to detail. Where I place things, how many, what it looks like with the lights on and off. Does it look natural? Does it fit, go together, function properly, etc etc.

There is so much I want to be able to do with this home, but can't because of the limitations. I think they actually should be doiubled to 400 items before the sub bonus kicks in. I know ZOS wants to make it so more people are actually subbing, but for those that don't and buy the homes and choose to furnice either by making or by buying the items with crows, we would actually like to furnish the home, both inside and out to it's most adequate potential at the very least.

I absolutely LOVE designing and furnishing the homes. I even bought a second one, the Velothi Reverie because I couldn't furnish my first one once I hit the limit. I'm almost at the 200 item limit again on the second one. :(

I kinda wish ZOS would just give me a job to go in and do furnishing designes for all their homes in Tamriel. I'd be in heaven!!

I bought the Velothi Reverie. Even though it's not the biggest house. It still hasn't major potential and little rooms to decorate. It's a little bit upsetting knowing I not have the house look the way I want :/
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Subs get what? 700 slots in the largest home, correct? Up that to 1000 & I think it would be enough & then just adjust the rest accordingly :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Subs get what? 700 slots in the largest home, correct? Up that to 1000 & I think it would be enough & then just adjust the rest accordingly :wink:

That would be fine :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    increase every housing cap!!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Anyone who's even briefly studied design has heard the saying, "Less is More."

And it's true. While the limits could be raised a little bit, I'm sure it would just lead to more cluttered designs. And even though you get a cap of 350 in the manors as opposed to 300 in a large house, that's 600 and 700 with ESO+. I've used 300 just outside a house. The double furnishings is an excellent optional perk.

I could see maybe 375/750 on the manor. But you'd have to show me it's for good layout design and not just sky parkour mazes.

the problem is - all the tiny details all take up decor space. I place a delicate vase on a table with a bucket of flowers - that's 2-3 spaces right there. I create a display dish of mixed fruit - I just used up 5 spaces. god forbid, I want to display my shalidor's library.. fill up 2 small shelves, and I just used up 20 more spaces. scatter a few pillows on couches - yet more spaces. have you looked at some of the dining tables in actual in game homes - taverns, or places like mage guild and the like. even with some of the food being 1 spot arrangements, there are STILL a lot of small pieces that add up to 20-30 furnishing slots. for a single table surface!

moreover. if someone wants to clutter up their home.. why shouldn't they? if they want to have a sky parkour maze - why not? but that aside, like I said, at first all that space doesn't seem like all that much, but little details... boy do they get you. even outside, i have these flower beds I have been arranging with flowers from hew's bane. one small bed has 12 of the blue flowers alone. and no I cannot use fewer, becasue then it doesn't look good.

less is more, yes. but too little looks bad as well. details and small touches add richness to the environment.

edited to add. if Zios does in fact have data on houses being not filled up - its not becasue people have no need for more finishing slots. its because furniture is a PAIN to acquire unless you pay crowns. it takes a long while to decorate the inside if you are sticking to in game sources. but that also means that houses are looking sparse while hitting limits via garden design ALONE.
    Edited by Linaleah on February 23, 2017 7:50AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You're complaining about a 400 item limit? My homes only have a 100 limit. I was so busy making my front yard look so lush with vegetation by the time I was done and moved inside I'd placed one bed and a table and I hit the cap. :p
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is a no brainer for me. Increase it.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely increase. I was amazed that Hunding's Palatial only had 600 space. I'm not sure about other places, but that alone should be at least doubled.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    After doing some new floors in my Domus Phrasticus (medium), I already used 160 of the 200 I have :(
    I have amazing plans for the outside, but I cannot realise them if I only have 200 space.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    700 decorations limit in big manor is just pathetic while in large house you have 600 decorations limi and manor is more than 3x more expensive than large house and have only additional 100 more spaces for decoration???

on 700 limit I had 300+ decorations in just basement in my daggerfall overlook, next 100+- decorations in "fake beach" which is outside basement exit and and also next 100 decorations in just garde....so now I have 100 decoration spaces for just furniture in my castle, in main hall and upper level and what now about decorations on those furniture? like food, books etc small decorations, there is noo damn spaces for small decorations with this small limit decorations for that big space to use when you are creative person
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Edziu wrote: »
    700 decorations limit in big manor is just pathetic while in large house you have 600 decorations limi and manor is more than 3x more expensive than large house and have only additional 100 more spaces for decoration???

on 700 limit I had 300+ decorations in just basement in my daggerfall overlook, next 100+- decorations in "fake beach" which is outside basement exit and and also next 100 decorations in just garde....so now I have 100 decoration spaces for just furniture in my castle, in main hall and upper level and what now about decorations on those furniture? like food, books etc small decorations, there is noo damn spaces for small decorations with this small limit decorations for that big space to use when you are creative person

I find that very odd my self 1mil gets you 600 3.7mil gets you 700 and that space for the manors are huge just no way to fill them in and make it feel like home with such a low limit
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day one of this update on console and I've maxed out my 600 slots on my large house
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, even 700 items is not enough to fill your estate tbh.

Furthermore the housing system ZOS made is by far superior to lets say the SWTOR system which limits your placement by the number of spots available in the house. So I hope that ZOS can make more furniture possible as the system is great to make nice rooms with lots of details compared to other games.
    Edited by Arundo on February 23, 2017 11:32AM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As much as i agree with "Less Is More" IN REAL LIFE. That saying doesn't belong in a video game that is supposed to take place in an early age Fantasy world.

LESS IS MORE:
    "In minimalist architecture, design elements convey the message of simplicity. The basic geometric forms, elements without decoration, simple materials and the repetitions of structures represent a sense of order and essential quality. The movement of natural light in buildings reveals simple and clean spaces."
    "Minimalist design has been described as design at its most basic, stripped of superfluous elements, colors, shapes and textures. Its purpose is to make the content stand out and be the focal point. From a visual standpoint, minimalist design is meant to be calming and to bring the mind down to the basics."

There's no minimalistic architecture or design in ESO. ESO doesn't belong in the age of minimalism. So the saying "Less Is More" doesn't work here.
    Also let's not forget "De gustibus non est disputandum". Not everyone prefers the minimalist, sterile approach.
    Some of us love clutter and nesting and all that. Nothing is wrong with either, it's just a matter of taste.

This is misleading survey.
    I personally have the small Nord house that I would *love* to decorate both inside and outside (and I have a lot if ideas) but I had to stop on <50 item limit (with ESO+) to try and find what I really want because my interior was almost empty so I had to make sure I crafted what I wanted, because I was left with so few item slots and an almost empty interior.
    I would appear on that survey as someone who has *NOT* reached the item limit but that would be *NOT* because "OMG I have so much stuff to do and so much room!," but because ZoS severely limited my creativity so now I have to hold back.

• VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really enjoy housing. It's a blast- and they did a really good job with the editor imo.

I bought Domus Phrasticus and I'm at about 170 right now. Aaand it's only day 2 for us console plebs. I thought I was going to be fine in a medium sized home. Now I need to find one to upgrade to that I enjoy as much as this one- it clearly is NOT enough of a cap for all the junk I intend to cram in here. Lol

Maybe a Zos-orttunity is here! I am willing to pay to upgrade my item cap! [Lol. Even though I kind of am already- as an eso plus member]

Either that or I have to find a large home or manor that I lIke as much as Domus. :(
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Collectable cap is the worst.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Do the furnished houses use up most of the furnishing limit?

no

iirc the furnished use up about 1/3 of the ESO+ allowance.
    have to assume if someone is crowning for furnishing they are eso+ but either way it still leaves a chunk available.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Anyone who's even briefly studied design has heard the saying, "Less is More."

Totally disagree. As a video game environment artists, I can tell you that one of the key design strategies for medieval environments is heavy use of cluttering. You see it everywhere in modern game environments, especially in tech demos, were normal game limitations do not apply
    *Special Snowflake*

• Erinia
    Erinia
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This limit is totally not enough :( Problem is details - when we trying to create some living space it is not about just put a table and a bed, and a carpet - and get a clean hotel room, it's about making place looks like there is some life in it. Take a kitchen - pans, dishes, fireplace, cauldrons, meat, fruits, keg with a beer, bottles, glasses, barrels, etc., etc... Without it just table and chair look empty and boring. We need not just furniture, but furniture filled with details.Ok, and it's only one little corner in big house. And here we are - made 2-3 good places, reached a limit, and having so much of empty space still. And library?? Oh thats most frustrating thing - I hoped so much to make big nice library, maybe even with reprints of Shalidors, but, but.... Every little book take a place. How many we need for only one bookcase? And one bookcase is not even close to "library". And we dont have a design of "full bookcase", they are all empty, and they will be empty forever, since we have limits... Sad story.

So we need much more blueprints of "full with details" furniture, like cabinets with dishes and glasses, bookcases with books, fully decorate with foods and drinks tables, and such kind of thing, and we need Huge increase of limits.
    @Erinia, PC EU
    Gift Exchange 2023! My WishList here!
  • emma666
    emma666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They really need to increase furniture limit, it's such a limitation of creativity for people who cares about details especially since there are over 2000 furnishing prints. Either just fully increase the limit, or make it so that the yard and the inside has a separated furniture limit, for example - the yard in Forsaken Stronghold has 600 limit, and the inside of the house has a 600 limit. Either way, increase it!
    Nymeria - Ebonheart - Grand Overlady - Imperial Templar - Havoc

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I don't really understand the limit. This is an instanced zone right? Are they worried about lag/performance? I have a plan for my house but it goes well over my 700 limit. I'm still decorating outside of my house and I'm already at 300 :/
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Should at least have separate limits for inside and outside.

Have a large property I can't really decorate outdoors all that much, because I used up most of the limit doing inside the house. Seems like a total waste of space having all that outdoors area and no way to beautify it.

Also I haven't had any graphics/fps issues in my house...don't see why we need the low limits if it's for performance reasons because I'm not having any.