Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
Maintenance for the week of January 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Increase Furnishing Cap [HOUSING]

andreasranasen
andreasranasen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I believe it would benefit both us players and Zenimax. More time will be spent decorating and keeping players busy for the months to come while also bringing more money to ZOS with players being able to buy more stuff off of Crown Furnishing Tab.

This Update may be "free" but it's a Housing update, let us freely be able to decorate, instead of only being able to JUST decorate the outside or JUST decorate the inside. Right now, you can't do both because of the cap.

> Myself, i bought the Velothi Reverie (Medium Sized) to try it out first and will later move on to a bigger house. But 400 item cap is not a lot when the smallest item count as 1. For example, Velothi Reverie has this gorgeous little back patio. I decided to build a balcony with stairs leading up to it out of stone. That was easily 100 stones that i used. With trees, flowers and a Redguard Cabana, I am about to hit cap and i've barely started on the inside of this little crib.

I have friends who are crazy decorators and were extremely excited for Housing and to get the largest house and spend weeks in there decorating. But now, they are all settling for a smaller house because of the cap. Zenimax, please don't put roadblocks for people who may want to spend real money by having this low cap on all houses.

Let us be able to really enjoy this Update by increasing the cap! :mrgreen:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by andreasranasen on February 22, 2017 6:44PM
#VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
  • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
  • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf

Increase Furnishing Cap [HOUSING] 367 votes

Yes
97%
IcyDeadPeopleMallowTamisanSirAndyFat_Cat45dodgehopper_ESOArtisalenae1b14_ESObigscoothb14_ESOLtCrunchNewBlacksmurfAlMcFlyotis67KesstrylZewksDarcyMardinBlackSparrowDrelkagwenchmore420b14_ESOKlemenziusb16_ESO 356 votes
No, explain
2%
AcrolasBam_BamTanis-StormbinderAzraelKriegGeeky_Gamer84HvzedaRastoricSleepyTrollnotimetocareSTEVILVipstaakki 11 votes
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    YES please.

I have a manor and it's still incredibly sparse in a lot of rooms, and the big extra building outside is empty, yet I'm at the 700 item cap.

There's so much more I want to do with it. :(

I totally agree. This cap is making me and a lot of other players not wanting to buy the bigger houses. It would only benefit Zeni to increase the cap.

And i don't think it has anything to do with performance issues tbh. It's a small instance and not some mods created by fans.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Acrolas I need you to explain :p I SEE EVERYTHING!
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 22, 2017 6:38PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't something that bothers me at the present time, but I'm sure increasing the caps is something ZOS have in mind for ongoing enhancements to the housing system, both with regard to furnishings and visitors. These things tend to start low and gradually increase as coding is optimised and effect on performance assessed. They've made it quite clear that this is just the first iteration of the housing system and that they'll be doing a lot with it.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tandor wrote: »
    It isn't something that bothers me at the present time, but I'm sure increasing the caps is something ZOS have in mind for ongoing enhancements to the housing system, both with regard to furnishings and visitors. These things tend to start low and gradually increase as coding is optimised and effect on performance assessed. They've made it quite clear that this is just the first iteration of the housing system and that they'll be doing a lot with it.

Very happy to hear that! :)
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Working from a limit of 400 at the sleek creek Rawl'Kha house, I've still got 100 slots left. However, what I think is gonna eat up my decorating space is Bookshelves, cabinets, and gardening. Trying to fill a bookshelf is gonna use about 80 items slots if I fill it all up with distinct books. Cabinets, if I want to place oddities, knick-knacks, or food items will use about 5-15 item slots, and these all take up only about a couple square feet of space. Flowerbeds, ooh boy, better on the area issue, but need a lot of them. I can only imagine how many manors must look like they've been pilfered in some areas.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Working from a limit of 400 at the sleek creek Rawl'Kha house, I've still got 100 slots left. However, what I think is gonna eat up my decorating space is Bookshelves, cabinets, and gardening. Trying to fill a bookshelf is gonna use about 80 items slots if I fill it all up with distinct books. Cabinets, if I want to place oddities, knick-knacks, or food items will use about 5-15 item slots, and these all take up only about a couple square feet of space. Flowerbeds, ooh boy, better on the area issue, but need a lot of them. I can only imagine how many manors must look like they've been pilfered in some areas.

That is exactly how i feel. I get that the large items count as 1. But 1 fork on the kitchen table will count as 1 item as well?
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I personally am pretty bummed I can't put more achievement based items into my house. I've done everything on my main quest wise :(
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Baranthus You will need to explain too! :p
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain
    Less is more. Comes down to aesthetics but mostly it's because I think there's 1000s of useful things ZoS could be doing than messing about with housing something that is fluff and not essential...
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wound up buying a large house and so far I have 2 basic tables, 2 stools, and a candle.

I'm up to 5 items. I think I need to get crackin!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.- Albert Einstein -
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    menedhyn wrote: »
    To me, Homestead is about giving players the flexibility to create something very unique and personal to them in what is a pretty amazing fantasy world. I really want a cluttered, lived-in appearance in all the homes I buy because that's what will fit my characters. For that reason, I would be happy to see an increase, particularly for us bookish sorts who crave a particular look.

Yes! i was planning on making a little study room with ton and ton of books. Now i don't know if i can...
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    @STEVIL We need an explanation to why you voted 'No' lol :p
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes most definately :) especially for collectibles. I'm more likely to buy more if I can place more in my house. I've got quite a few mounts and pets but I cant place them all due to the cap.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain
    You need to sub to ESO+ to get increased furnishing cap.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mine is a large house, and only allowed to put in 4 pets max, why? Your advertising is false where they can pile stuffs.
    PS4 pro NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure but their resources..... :wink:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Also up player cap. At least 60 for manors.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely. 100%. Totally.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Meri20098
    Meri20098
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've only got the inn room (until storage is added and other useful things) I have to switch out my stuff every so often to freshen up my place. The only constant that I don't change is my master crafting plaques. Even so that's six plaques and we're only allowed I think 30 items with ESO+? I have a few things from orsinium achievements but one is just a chair that my smuggler perches in the shadows on
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of Savage Blade PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything