The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorcs got WAY to much love...

• ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oxalias wrote: »
    lmao are people really complaining, I re cast after first explosion, essentially nothing has changed except weird bugs were my sorc gets frozen often in fights, think streak is doing this.

I get this bug quite a lot. Get stuck in place unable to do anything for 2-3 sec. So this is tied to sorcs only? ***!
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Bugge, let's be honest. This has gone on for too long already.

You can't touch a sorc easily, but neither can they burst you down. You block and we can't do anything about it. Let's talk about how Streak could stun through block, but that got removed. We now have 0 counters to block and have to deal with that. And no, curse alone kills no one, especially not in heavy armor with spell res passive.

I'm done here. Buddy, I mean you no harm, I simply think you haven't adjusted yet. Which is fair, it's only been a week. Much like stamblades, you seem to have become accustomed to being OP against certain builds and now have to develop a new, more balanced strategy.

LOL

Nope, curse alone cant kill anyone, but the buffs that greatly affected magicka sorcerers can burn any medium armour player in 3.5 seconds. (Curse => Light attack => Force shock (Undodgeable now) => Light attack => Mage wrath => Streak => C-Frag or any ultimate (Dawnbreaker, Soul assault, EoS, Meteor, etc. All undodgeable and some even unblockable) => Curse blown at 3.5 sec => Death by mage wrath or implosion. No counter what so ever, only option is cut LoS to cut the rotation timers of the sorcerer, so he has to start over again.)
    Or since there is a significant increase in the amount of magicka sorcerers (denying this its being obtuse...), 3 curses and 1 mage wrath can burn a stamina build with NO counter at all. Each curse will hit on average 8k damage (8*3 => 24k (unblockable and undodgeable) + Mage wrath => Death in 3.5 seconds.)

So dont come here and say magicka sorcerers are "balanced" beacuse they are NOT.

Unblockable damage, undodgeable skills (that are not even channeled attacks...), block casting, proc sets, and poisons are the things that pretty much keep screwing the PvP in this game. And ZoS instead of addressing this issues, they keep adding (like in last patch) more skills that are affected by this badly designed mechanics, that allow either cancer perma block builds or out of control burst damage.
    Every skill should have 2 counters at least, one for stamina and one for magicka builds, that means balance. Right now, Curse does NOT have any stamina counter for example.

Proc sets are also out of control, armour makes damage for you? Armour sets should only give stats. The ability to do damage depends on the player. And I refer not only to Viper, this includes Selene's, Grothdar, V-Skoria, Velibreth, Stormknight, Thunderburg, Widow's, Tremorscale, etc...
    Edited by Devilhand on February 17, 2017 2:20PM
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Devilhand on February 17, 2017 2:20PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »

You can't touch a sorc easily, but neither can they burst you down. You block and we can't do anything about it. Let's talk about how Streak could stun through block, but that got removed. We now have 0 counters to block and have to deal with that. And no, curse alone kills no one, especially not in heavy armor with spell res passive.

I'm done here. Buddy, I mean you no harm, I simply think you haven't adjusted yet. Which is fair, it's only been a week. Much like stamblades, you seem to have become accustomed to being OP against certain builds and now have to develop a new, more balanced strategy.

LOL

Nope, curse alone cant kill anyone, but the buffs that greatly affected magicka sorcerers can burn any medium armour player in 3.5 seconds. (Curse => Light attack => Force shock (Undodgeable now) => Light attack => Mage wrath => Streak => C-Frag or any ultimate (Dawnbreaker, Soul assault, EoS, Meteor, etc. All undodgeable and some even unblockable) => Curse blown at 3.5 sec => Death by mage wrath or implosion. No counter what so ever, only option is cut LoS to cut the rotation timers of the sorcerer, so he has to start over again.)
    Or since there is a significant increase in the amount of magicka sorcerers (denying this its being obtuse...), 3 curses and 1 mage wrath can burn a stamina build with NO counter at all. Each curse will hit on average 8k damage (8*3 => 24k (unblockable and undodgeable) + Mage wrath => Death in 3.5 seconds.)

So dont come here and say magicka sorcerers are "balanced" beacuse they are NOT.

Unblockable damage, undodgeable skills (that are not even channeled attacks...), block casting, proc sets, and poisons are the things that pretty much keep screwing the PvP in this game. And ZoS instead of addressing this issues, they keep adding (like in last patch) more skills that are affected by this badly designed mechanics, that allow either cancer perma block builds or out of control burst damage.
    Every skill should have 2 counters at least, one for stamina and one for magicka builds, that means balance. Right now, Curse does NOT have any stamina counter for example.

Proc sets are also out of control, armour makes damage for you? Armour sets should only give stats. The ability to do damage depends on the player. And I refer not only to Viper, this includes Selene's, Grothdar, V-Skoria, Velibreth, Stormknight, Thunderburg, Widow's, Tremorscale, etc...

I stopped reading when you said that force pulse was undodgable. The only thing you listed that isn't is curse.

So many unknowladgable people here are having a wailing pity-party tear-fest about sorcs, when they are clearly unqualified to make any comments about the game period.

Boo hoo! Sorcs can fly and fart lightning out of their backsides! Wrobel please nerf them! Sad part is he'll probably listen.
    Edited by Minalan on February 17, 2017 3:00PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

Can we talk about gapclosers completely negate our mobility in Streak?

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Fear goes through block, dodge and shields. GG.
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

The balance is that outside of curse, every other skill can be countered by dodge and block. Literally every single one. Sorc is the only class that relies 100% on burst to kill and is the only class without relevant sustained damage. That's why curse is the way it is. No other class is balanced in such a way that 90% of its damage is avoidable. Reflect on that for a bit. As such, it's the only class that can be handily shut down and stalled out by a competent opponent who know how to counter the burst.

But that's a competent opponent. I'll just give you the best advice for this and any situation where you feel the need to cry about balance: Less QQ more Pew Pew.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 17, 2017 4:07PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.

You do realize if you don't cast curse a second time your burst goes down the drain right? 8 seconds is enough time to let 99%of hard CCs lapse with enough time to heal to full.

If they are not recasting it also means 30% less moves to proc frag - so more dps loss.

The second explosion should literally only help PvE sorcs. If some how an 8 second delayed explosion is what is killing you... man I dunno how to teach you to play.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht
    You know that pvp is all about burst right?
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    @Waffennacht

You know recasting Curse is better for burst than trying to line up an 8 second delay right?

You know who you're talking to? Omg of course I know PvP....
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

You know recasting Curse is better for burst than trying to line up an 8 second delay right?

And people still dont realize curse was a PvE buff. The only real benefit in pvp is against a magblade who slips away from you, the second curse will tell you where he is.
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

I just asked because you mentioned a dps loss lol. And lol i dont know who i am talking to, that pet build was just lol. Anyway,i dont want to get involved in childish flame so let's get straight to the point:
    The OP complained about the second free cast because it's even harder for a nb to los/cloak away. And that's a fact. Nothing huge but i understand why he felt so pissed.
    And please,just stop acting like victims in every thread,you got a huge,unecessary buff (more damage,heavy armor nerf,undodgeable skills,shuffle nerf) just because a the skill gap between a good sorc and a bad sorc is really big. But guess what? Good sorcs will benefit the buff too making them even stronger but a bad player will keep getting killed and killed,so i see flaws in zenimax balancing logic.
    Edited by Ocelot9x on February 17, 2017 6:38PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

I just asked because you mentioned a dps loss lol. And lol i dont know who i am talking to, that pet build was just lol. Anyway,i dont want to get involved in childish flame so let's get straight to the point:
    The OP complained about the second free cast because it's even harder for a nb to los/cloak away. And that's a fact. Nothing huge but i understand why he felt so pissed.
    And please,just stop acting like victims in every thread,you got a huge,unecessary buff (more damage,heavy armor nerf,undodgeable skills,shuffle nerf) just because a the skill gap between a good sorc and a bad sorc is really big. But guess what? Good sorcs will benefit the buff too making them even stronger but a bad player will keep getting killed and killed,so i see flaws in zenimax balancing logic.

So you do or don't know of my builds? Yes I have the 17k viewed PvE solo veteran dungeons build. And the non meta PvP sorc build and I am coming out with another crazy build that's not a copy paste of streamers' builds.

Next every buff you mention is used by every magicka class, which means Sorc and every other magicka class is getting on equal footing of Stamina proc builds.

Sorcerers have a right to act the victim:
    Streak nerf + momentum nerf
    Surge nerf
    Ward duration nerf
    Ult nerf
    Webs nerf
    Daedric Tomb nerf

Maybe you weren't playing back then, but FINALLY sorcerers on the buff end, not the nerf end. So stop QQ ing
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

So you do or don't know of my builds? Yes I have the 17k viewed PvE solo veteran dungeons build. And the non meta PvP sorc build and I am coming out with another crazy build that's not a copy paste of streamers' builds.

Next every buff you mention is used by every magicka class, which means Sorc and every other magicka class is getting on equal footing of Stamina proc builds.

Surge nerf
    Ward duration nerf
    Ult nerf
    Webs nerf
    Daedric Tomb nerf

Maybe you weren't playing back then, but FINALLY sorcerers on the buff end, not the nerf end. So stop QQ ing

What is really funny is that your main argument is ''stamina proc meta'' like if every stamina player is running proc set. And magicka-stamina was fine in 1T,only the proc sets needed a nerf (and im talking about viper,tremorscale but also infernal guardian grotdarr). Now in cyrodiil you will see just msorc mdk mtemplars and gankers,seems balanced. Some of the best players i know are magicka sorcerers (hell,yesterday one of them farmed SOLOING 300k AP). If you felt like msorc needed a buff i think it's just a l2p issue. High skill cap doenst mean underpowered class ^^
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

Surge nerf
    Ward duration nerf
    Ult nerf
    Webs nerf
    Daedric Tomb nerf

What is really funny is that your main argument is ''stamina proc meta'' like if every stamina player is running proc set. And magicka-stamina was fine in 1T,only the proc sets needed a nerf (and im talking about viper,tremorscale but also infernal guardian grotdarr). Now in cyrodiil you will see just msorc mdk mtemplars and gankers,seems balanced. Some of the best players i know are magicka sorcerers (hell,yesterday one of them farmed SOLOING 300k AP). If you felt like msorc needed a buff i think it's just a l2p issue. High skill cap doenst mean underpowered class ^^

Clearly you haven't been playing for almost 2 years.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not to quite that extent.

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking. You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.
    But trust me, you got a big boon from streak CC nerf.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking. You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.

How is this hard to understand?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

LOL

I stopped reading when you said that force pulse was undodgable. The only thing you listed that isn't is curse.

So many unknowladgable people here are having a wailing pity-party tear-fest about sorcs, when they are clearly unqualified to make any comments about the game period.

Boo hoo! Sorcs can fly and fart lightning out of their backsides! Wrobel please nerf them! Sad part is he'll probably listen.

Force shock or what ever the skill from destruction staff is called it is undodgeable. Read latest update patch notes and then come here and mock people.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if Im wrong... but don't patch notes state:

Unreflectable

And not undodgeable? It's most certainly blockable.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭

LOL

Force shock or what ever the skill from destruction staff is called it is undodgeable. Read latest update patch notes and then come here and mock people.

I think you need to look up the difference between a Dodge and a reflect lol...
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the most recent patch notes:

"Force Shock: This ability and its morphs can no longer be reflected. Beam-type attacks cannot be reflected, but are able to be blocked"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭

So for you its "balanced" that 3 people press 1 key and the target dies after 3.5 seconds? lol

Why I am wasting my time with you. Curse been unblockable its a joke. And you saying sorcerers are perfectly balanced its unthinkable.

Running purge or boneshield on a medium armour stamina build? How unviable its that? Use purge ones and your entire magicka pool its gone, while you can spaam shields using your main stat, or use defensive rune like you said and prevent ganks (oh wait, it uses magicka and stays on for 30 seconds if its not more?) What a joke.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL

I repeat:

Completely unqualified to comment on the game balance or PVP mechanics.

You are confusing destruction staff lightning heavy attack (undodgeable, but blockable) with force pulse (blockable and dodgable).
    Edited by Minalan on February 17, 2017 7:51PM
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭

Neither. Unblockable skills should'nt exist at all. And if they make it unblockable then shouldnt be able to crit, like they did with proc sets.
    Btw why meteor has to be unblockable? I believe its perfectly fine now. Before you were able to reflect it, which was funny to watch but ridiculous

Curse criticals hit it can do up to 10k damage if not more. Why?

I invite you to grab a stamina class, different then templar, wear medium, and face 2 sorcerers by your self. Lest see how you handle the double +16k unblockable damage.

Edited by Devilhand on February 17, 2017 7:48PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Neither. Unblockable skills should'nt exist at all. And if they make it unblockable then shouldnt be able to crit, like they did with proc sets.

I invite you to grab a stamina class, different then templar, wear medium, and face 2 sorcerers by your self. Lest see how you handle the double +16k unblockable damage.

Grab a sorcerer, and fight two proc set gankers that open up on you at the same time. I invite you.

It's good to see that being unqualified to comment on things you dont understand hasn't stopped you from doing so yet.

PS: counterplay in this game needs to be more than just scotch taping down your right mouse button.
    Edited by Minalan on February 17, 2017 7:51PM
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grab a sorcerer, and fight two proc set gankers that open up on you at the same time. I invite you.

It's good to see that being unqualified to comment on things you dont understand hasn't stopped you from doing so yet.

PS: counterplay in this game needs to be more than just scotch taping down your right mouse button.

This is the problem with people like you always make assumptions.

Not every stam build runs proc sets. I could generalize you as an EOtS spammer.

Also Blocking should be viable because unlike roll doge and shield you still take dmg and can die through block.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 17, 2017 8:25PM
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ia the problem with people like you always make assumptions.

Also Blocking should be viable because unlike roll doge and shield you still take dmg and can die through block.

agree give block stam reg back aigan :D
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking.You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.

It also has a stacking cost and is vulnerable to AoEs and Beam attacks like RD and Soul Assault.

I wouldn't be opposed to magic dodge rolling however you would quickly revert back to shields since it will probably have a stacking cost machanic and dealing with all the AoEs and Beam attacks in cyrodil, shields are superior imo allows you to wear infused/Divines.

If Meteor became unblockable it wouldn't matter to me most people cast meteor and follow up with an unblockable CC to make sure it hits.Can't dodge it, Reflect it, or Cloak it might as well make it unblockable like EOtS and make it that much easier to use. I would rather have Curse be blockable since it's up more than meteor.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 17, 2017 8:09PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This ia the problem with people like you always make assumptions.

Nice try, I'm a dual wield sorc. No Destro staff. No Destro ultimate either. I hope they nerf EoTS again.

Everything you've said about me, the sorc class, and game mechanics has been wrong. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Options