The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Sorcs got WAY to much love...

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

Can we talk about gapclosers completely negate our mobility in Streak?

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.

Not to quite that extent.

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking.You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.
    But trust me, you got a big boon from streak CC nerf.

It also has a stacking cost and is vulnerable to AoEs and Beam attacks like RD and Soul Assault.

I wouldn't be opposed to magic dodge rolling however you would quickly revert back to shields since it will probably have a stacking cost machanic and dealing with all the AoEs and Beam attacks in cyrodil, shields are superior imo allows you to wear infused/Divines.

If Meteor became unblockable it wouldn't matter to me most people cast meteor and follow up with an unblockable CC to make sure it hits.Can't dodge it, Reflect it, or Cloak it might as well make it unblockable like EOtS and make it that much easier to use. I would rather have Curse be blockable since it's up more than meteor.

Shields don't allow you to wear divines if you run them on the back bar. With a shield on the front bar, yeah its possible, with shields on back bar, don't even dream of it. Lets face it, its much much better to have shields on the back bar for proper stacking in outnumbered situations. Shields also scale very badly with numbers, 3 people will have you shielding up more than doing damage and with 4 people you're just delaying the inevitable. You know stamina classes have access to this skill, called Blade Cloak, that reduces AoE damage by 20%. Pair that with roll dodge and block, superior mobility due to the fact that you can purge snares, you have a very tough to kill stamina build, even in medium armor. I agree with the fact that no one needed the damage buffs this patch, including sorcerers, but a change to shields would be an extremely healthy thing.

My thoughts on the whole shield thing, is that they should not be stackable (aside from Healing Ward) and they need to be buffed in strength. At this point, Sorcerer survivability will be literally terrible and we'll get something like a self heal or another source of damage mitigation. either that, or change harness magicka/dampen magicka to something completely different aka not a shield. This would indirectly prevent Sorcs from shield stacking (stupid mechanic) 3 shields and would give sorcs a unique shield.

Well IIRC Sorcs do have a burst self-heal right? You just have to have a pet active on two bars. I can play my fine with one shield (gardens ward) and the heal pet which has heals the can equal BoL for templars.

If they allowed shield to have there full strength, make them non stack able, and non refresh able I think it would be a great start.

[Edit]

Yes great assessment I cannot disagree with the fact that shield do not scale effectively as dodgerolling when faced with multiple opponents.

The pet is only a semi reliable selfheal in 1v1 situations where an opponent can not kill the pet.

The pet dies instantly if attacked by multiple people. Imagine templars could no longer use bol if attacked by two persons. It does not work against competent opponents and having a heal that can die WILL never work against competent opponents. In any situation that is not a 1v1.

Essentially sorc has many skills that work that way (shields, mines, pets). They are great in 1v1 encounters but don´t scale (or get worse) when in a 5v5 or 10v10 fight.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilhand wrote: »
    Had no issue with Curse, it was part of usual Magicka sorc rotation and it DIDNT need a buff. So now if your a stamina class (exception of templar) you dont have any ability to couter it, NON.
    A double +5k dmg, unblockable that ticks at 3.5 and 12.5 seconds.

Should stamina classes have to run Purge, which is a 5k magicka cost skill that will be able to use ONCE?

Come on, its as simple as getting in Cyrodiil and see how everyone playing magicka sorcerers and magicka dragonknights mostly...
    Once again instead of balance you overpowered certain classes that didnt need a buff, the solution was to reduce damage multiplier from sthealth (so stamina NB's, most played class last patch, dont 1 shoot people) and reduce damage from proc sets.

Hope for a solution/balance since stamina NB's are unplayable right now if you dont go full gank mode which i dont like. Fighting 3 magicka sorcs is suicidal right now... 3 haunting curses? LOL +15k unblockable damage at 3.5 secs...

NERF

PD: fix invisible people bug to..
    PD2: Cloak still broken...

This is fkng hilarious, You've had a year of complete reign in pvp as a stam build.
    Talk about fighting 3 sorcs. How about 1 sorc trying to escape 3 people spamming stampede/crit rush. Or the nb spamming ambush. The skill streak doesn't clear the spam range of gap closers.
    Maybe you will have to use some kind of defense instead of stampede, dizzying swing, reverse slice spam of every stam build in pvp.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players that have been running stam meta builds the last year, returned to the mag builds that they use to main before the massive stam buffs that went on for a year. Every patch was a stam buff before this one.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm surprised people have so much Anti -Sorc moans backed up. Sorc's have been nerfed over and over, this patch Sorc specific gain one secondary explosion from Curse that will get purged and all the Stamina boys are in uproar.LOL.

Stamina has been king for so long, its about time there is balance. This doesn't go far enough.

All I see this patch is its gunna gimp you to stay DW and Overload is killed off, for me personally that's a huge Nerf nothing more.

Sure I'll wait to see the different the Destro 8% makes but for one would rather the changes do not happen this week - which says it all.

IF sorcs were getting a buff where are all the gloating Sorc threads? There aren't any. Only upset Sorcs at taking yet more of a kicking.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    The REAL enemy will be our mag DK overlords that will rule Cyrodiil just like they used to.

Praise be to our DK Overlords. May they reign supreme as they once did in a previous age of the game :smile:
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    @Devilhand The change in curse is more PVE focused as a PVP Sorc is more than likely going to reapply it before the 12 second curse tick. Same damage just adds an added cast if they havent already recasted it.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Beardimus magica was fine in one tamriel. This patch had pretty good buffs for magica and several stamina nerfs so you wont have to l2p. You will be fine.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if Im wrong... but don't patch notes state:

Unreflectable

And not undodgeable? It's most certainly blockable.

Once again Waffles, youre arguing with potatoes...and potatoes dont read
    Edited by Malamar1229 on February 19, 2017 6:37PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unreflectable

This thread went full throttle potato about ten pages ago. The worst of them got embarrassed by their lack of knowledge and left.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Unreflectable

This thread went full throttle potato about ten pages ago. The worst of them got embarrassed by their lack of knowledge and left.

Or maybe people just got bored and left because it's no use arguing with people who are not pvper
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    sorcs just need shield to be critable and 20 seconds long again then boom class is fine, nightblades are fine, templars are fine, dk's however need to be nerfed into the ground, stomped on, lit on fire, and left to burn in a ditch far away from me

What's the point of having a 20 second crittable shield? Most of they time, they don't last 6 seconds while being non crittable, if they are to be crittable, they'll be gone in less than 1 light attack + skill, so there's absolutely 0 point in buffering their duration lol
    A lot of players that have been running stam meta builds the last year, returned to the mag builds that they use to main before the massive stam buffs that went on for a year. Every patch was a stam buff before this one.

2 patches. DB and SotH. One Tamriel wasn't stamina or magicka, it was Eye of the Viper.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anti_Virus

Toggle pets that require two bar slots (3 with overload) are never going to be a norm for Sorcerers. Not to mention you need to stack your magicka pool to 50k+ for the heal to even be viable. Then you have to actively watch your pet and your own health bar, keeping track of where they are, if they have desummoned, it's rather ridiculous. Maybe in PvE where all you have to do is stay out of the red circles on the ground... But PvP. That's a joke. I would say most Sorcs run mage light (kind of hard not to for what it gives), so by running our class "heal" we have 6 usable slots. Every Sorc is borderline required to run Curse, frag, endless, hardened, and streak (mobility required on this class). So we get the freedom of 1 slot and that's without slotting a spammable?..........

Make pets a timed summon that works from the back bar and it might be worth slotting, or make it give the bound armor 8% max Magicka, and change that ability. Even with either of these changes I probably wouldn't run a pet, but those 2 are a start.

#LetWardensRunPets
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking.You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.

It also has a stacking cost and is vulnerable to AoEs and Beam attacks like RD and Soul Assault.

I wouldn't be opposed to magic dodge rolling however you would quickly revert back to shields since it will probably have a stacking cost machanic and dealing with all the AoEs and Beam attacks in cyrodil, shields are superior imo allows you to wear infused/Divines.

If Meteor became unblockable it wouldn't matter to me most people cast meteor and follow up with an unblockable CC to make sure it hits.Can't dodge it, Reflect it, or Cloak it might as well make it unblockable like EOtS and make it that much easier to use. I would rather have Curse be blockable since it's up more than meteor.

Nailed it. Sorcs don't have unblockable CC anymore. Streak used to. That got removed in favor of curse unblockable. Ever eaten a meteor+fossilize? Fear? Trust me, you're much better off now. Look, with streak's old CC, I could drop your block, anyway. I don't have to spell out the implication, right?

You can wear infused with shields. You still need impen on small pieces, plus CP in resistance. GG. You'll get smoked with 0 impen, despite shields.

Rune Cage and it's morphs will drop block afaik, unless they changed something.

Yes, they made it so that you don't have #&^$^ space on your bar for that ! $@#$. Seriously, just mentioning it shows how downright biased and blinded people are. I honestly expected some amateur to jump in and act all clever by mentioning it, but seeing this from a forum veteran is just sad, man.

No offense.

lolwut, that was a bit of an overreaction mate. Did you just forget about it and now you're embarrassed? Sorcs are the only class to get a 3rd bar, seriously just forgetting that shows how downright biased and blinded people are.

You said "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore", but they do and you bite my head off for mentioning it lol. I use defensive rune all the time in pvp cos it fits so nicely on my overload bar :)

Because it reminds me of "let them eat cake". If I had space, I would slot it. But I don't. And I haven't seen anyone using Rune Cage since... Boy, I can't remember.
    Defensive Rune is just that, defensive.
    Seriously, if we're trying to justify the last streak nerf by rune prison, geez.

You are making yourself look worse by the second. You have a tool available. He reminded u. How do u not have room with three bars? Lol.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

Nailed it. Sorcs don't have unblockable CC anymore. Streak used to. That got removed in favor of curse unblockable. Ever eaten a meteor+fossilize? Fear? Trust me, you're much better off now. Look, with streak's old CC, I could drop your block, anyway. I don't have to spell out the implication, right?

You can wear infused with shields. You still need impen on small pieces, plus CP in resistance. GG. You'll get smoked with 0 impen, despite shields.

Rune Cage and it's morphs will drop block afaik, unless they changed something.

Yes, they made it so that you don't have #&^$^ space on your bar for that ! $@#$. Seriously, just mentioning it shows how downright biased and blinded people are. I honestly expected some amateur to jump in and act all clever by mentioning it, but seeing this from a forum veteran is just sad, man.

No offense.

lolwut, that was a bit of an overreaction mate. Did you just forget about it and now you're embarrassed? Sorcs are the only class to get a 3rd bar, seriously just forgetting that shows how downright biased and blinded people are.

You said "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore", but they do and you bite my head off for mentioning it lol. I use defensive rune all the time in pvp cos it fits so nicely on my overload bar :)

Because it reminds me of "let them eat cake". If I had space, I would slot it. But I don't. And I haven't seen anyone using Rune Cage since... Boy, I can't remember.
    Defensive Rune is just that, defensive.
    Seriously, if we're trying to justify the last streak nerf by rune prison, geez.

You are making yourself look worse by the second. You have a tool available. He reminded u. How do u not have room with three bars? Lol.
    I explained it already. I'm weary of potato chips.
    Next time someone uses Rune Cage against me, I'll give 'im your number. SPOILER! You'll die lonely.
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    We are going to see a lot of magSorcs this patch, not because the class is OP, but because pirate skeleton. They are indeed hitting harder this patch, the 8% damage buff with fire staff in the curse+frag+fury combo is brutal, but well, stamsorcs are also brutal.

The thing with magSorcs is that mediocre players are extremely easy to kill, and good players are extremely hard to kill (especially if the are using pirate skeleton). The forum is a good reflection of Cyrodrill, most of the magSorcs are trash, and those are the ones you see crying here that sorc is in a bad place or in need of buffs, or that stamblades are stronger (sorc is literaly a hard counter to stamblades, hands down the hardest match for a stamblade). Whoever thinks sorc is in a bad place, it really need to learn to play, on the proper hands is one of the strongest class in the game.
    LOL gankblades complaining about other classes being OP.

stop the ***. Not everyone is a ganker, and if you see a lot of gankers, is because the meta is pushing them to that playstyle.

Very nicely explained. *thumbs up*.

No, not at all.
    The buff we got is regarding DAMAGE.
    Many sorcs, myself included, were complaining how difficult it is to kill. You know, because Curse is telegraphed, Frag dodged and destro DPS used to be very inderwhelming.
    We weren't talking about defense.
    Now we got that damage buff to be on par with stamina. Note how stamina still has cost reduction and sustain advantages.
    Sorcs are finally balanced now.
    How about you guys now learn to actually fight, instead of cheesing your way througj Cyrodiil?

Seriously? Assuming I cheese my way through? I main a Sorc (prefect rank) and I am considered OP lol. Its just a skill made class unlike stamina classes which are all easier to kill with. Its the l2p sorcs that cried.
    ✭✭✭
    Next ill hear u want to be able to survive 4 storms by rolldodging :P The OP is ridiculous :P
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    We are going to see a lot of magSorcs this patch, not because the class is OP, but because pirate skeleton. They are indeed hitting harder this patch, the 8% damage buff with fire staff in the curse+frag+fury combo is brutal, but well, stamsorcs are also brutal.

The thing with magSorcs is that mediocre players are extremely easy to kill, and good players are extremely hard to kill (especially if the are using pirate skeleton). The forum is a good reflection of Cyrodrill, most of the magSorcs are trash, and those are the ones you see crying here that sorc is in a bad place or in need of buffs, or that stamblades are stronger (sorc is literaly a hard counter to stamblades, hands down the hardest match for a stamblade). Whoever thinks sorc is in a bad place, it really need to learn to play, on the proper hands is one of the strongest class in the game.

stop the ***. Not everyone is a ganker, and if you see a lot of gankers, is because the meta is pushing them to that playstyle.

Very nicely explained. *thumbs up*.

No, not at all.
    The buff we got is regarding DAMAGE.
    Many sorcs, myself included, were complaining how difficult it is to kill. You know, because Curse is telegraphed, Frag dodged and destro DPS used to be very inderwhelming.
    We weren't talking about defense.
    Now we got that damage buff to be on par with stamina. Note how stamina still has cost reduction and sustain advantages.
    Sorcs are finally balanced now.
    How about you guys now learn to actually fight, instead of cheesing your way througj Cyrodiil?

Seriously? Assuming I cheese my way through? I main a Sorc (prefect rank) and I am considered OP lol. Its just a skill made class unlike stamina classes which are all easier to kill with. Its the l2p sorcs that cried.

Meh.
    :/
    From my experience, the people calling sorcs OP or easy to play or cheesy are typically the same.
    It's stamina people angry how their Critrush-WB-Executioner spam won't work. Stamina players with 5k weapon damage and 2k stam regen complaining about shields. Stamblades spamming roll to dodge while attacking, cloaking and shuffling of damage. Who do nothing but run around trees until they can instagib you with Incap combo, calling that skill.
    Of course, your experiences may vary, but I can only mildly smile at people calling sorcs OP, knowing who claims such things.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a stam sorc and I eat sorcs alive in a 1v1 duel...

Hidden tip: u dont have to crit charge into mines as a stam sorc, I guarentee the mag sorc will be surprised lol

Nevertheless, might change to my stamplar (skeleton Piraten with major mending/vitality to strong, try bursting me mag sorcs lol ) :dizzy:

Edited by Torbschka on February 21, 2017 6:27AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When NBs were overbuffed, they told everyone who complained on the forums to l2p.

No, we told them to slot Radiant Mage Light.
    PS4 NA DC
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like L2P lol

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    NERF
    Up the hornz
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When NBs were overbuffed, they told everyone who complained on the forums to l2p.

No, we told them to slot Radiant Mage Light.

Slot Purge?
    (^.^)
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased, he says, then tells me about his stamsorc and resource management...
    xD
    Riiight.

Matter of fact, when your magicka is out, you can still block, dodge, heal, attack, run...
    When my stamina is out, I get stunned for three seconds and die.

Yes you are bias, looking through your post history you seem deny facts and sometimes common sense when presented to you in defence of your opinion to continue to validate it.

I remember you claimed that heavy armor is the meta in one thread when you're claim was debunked by a graph from the devs proving your claim false you ignored it and belittled it without any evidence of your own.

Here I and others simply gave our opinions then reinforced it with facts, then you simply once again belittled it with none of your own.

Like Minalan said if you want to block you can now use an Ice staff it will drain your magicka but its possible similarly to a stamina build except you can shield yourself on top of it. If Zos added a magic based dodge roll I wouldn't be opposed to that either although I suspect that just like the Ice staff change and if possible a magic based dodgeroll it will not popular among magicka builds simply because shields are superior In my Opinion.

Of course this will go through one ear and out the other and you will say i'm biased.

shields superior in 1v1. Dodge rolling superior in 1vX
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs just need shield to be critable and 20 seconds long again then boom class is fine, nightblades are fine, templars are fine, dk's however need to be nerfed into the ground, stomped on, lit on fire, and left to burn in a ditch far away from me

What's the point of having a 20 second crittable shield? Most of they time, they don't last 6 seconds while being non crittable, if they are to be crittable, they'll be gone in less than 1 light attack + skill, so there's absolutely 0 point in buffering their duration lol

2 patches. DB and SotH. One Tamriel wasn't stamina or magicka, it was Eye of the Viper.

People want the duration so they can stack hardend ward and anulment, effectively giving sorcs 50k health again and 1 shield to refresh in the 20 second duration unless they get bursted thru both. Put Bastion in the Blue CP tree like the healing one is and you might get it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

People want the duration so they can stack hardend ward and anulment, effectively giving sorcs 50k health again and 1 shield to refresh in the 20 second duration unless they get bursted thru both. Put Bastion in the Blue CP tree like the healing one is and you might get it.

Alright, I'll key in all the potatoes that think critable shields would be awesome...

Shields have no armor or mitigation, critting one would be a full hit for 22-25K on an onslaught out of stealth.

Shields max out at 12K or so, so the player takes the spill damage. All 15K or so of it, because light armor has no mitigation either after taking into account a sharpened weapon.

Add in a damage proc or two, and the sorc is dead. One shot. What good is a 20 second shield that offers no protection?

I'm sure that's fun for you, but not for them. Shields are fine.

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright, I'll key in all the potatoes that think critable shields would be awesome...

Shields have no armor or mitigation, critting one would be a full hit for 22-25K on an onslaught out of stealth.

Shields max out at 12K or so, so the player takes the spill damage. All 15K or so of it, because light armor has no mitigation either after taking into account a sharpened weapon.

Add in a damage proc or two, and the sorc is dead. One shot. What good is a 20 second shield that offers no protection?

Shields also benefit from dmg mitigation abilities like CP and Bone Pirate monster set which grants major protection 30% dmg reduction with a shield up.

It's possible to put 100 pts into hardy to gain 25% dmg mitigation from stam builds to your shields and use Harness + Hardened to gain free magicka againt mag builds while using Bone Pirate monster set for massive mitigation, its pretty effective.

You forgot those
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 23, 2017 7:35PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shields also benefit from dmg mitigation abilities like CP and Bone Pirate monster set which grants major protection 30% dmg reduction with a shield up.

It's possible to put 100 pts into hardy to gain 25% dmg mitigation from stam builds to your shields and use Harness + Hardened to gain free magicka againt mag builds while using Bone Pirate monster set for massive mitigation, its pretty effective.

You forgot those

So... I have a 10% chance not to get one shot with pirate skeleton? You know that has to proc right? Try again man.

Hardy is cancelled by mighty. Are you saying you have no points in mighty?

Come on. You know better than this.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot those

So... I have a 10% chance not to get one shot with pirate skeleton? You know that has to proc right? Try again man.

100 pts into hardy cancels out 100 pts into Mighty. So no one should hit your shields a high amount especially since it can't crit

Bone Pirate monster set can grant you 30% addtional dmg mitigation with shields up lowering burst dmg against your shields. Yes it has a proc but shields are so effective it can proc easily it can proc on dots and if you Mine Camp it will be extremely easy to proc and survive.

Then You can stack Harness Magicka with Hardened ward against mag builds can restore free magicka from them.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You forgot those

100 pts into hardy cancels out 100 pts into Mighty. So no one should hit your shields a high amount especially since it can't crit

Bone Pirate monster set can grant you 30% addtional dmg mitigation with shields up lowering burst dmg against your shields. Yes it has a proc but shields are so effective it can proc easily it can proc on dots and if you Mine Camp it will be extremely easy to proc and survive.

Then You can stack Harness Magicka with Hardened ward against mag builds can restore free magicka from them.

I'm talking about stamina fights here, harness won't do anything other than fall instantly to proc damage. How big do you think harness is in Cyrodiil?

So... Really? Your solution is to force us all to wear pirate skeleton and put 100 points into hardy? Thus critable shields are balanced?

I'm really glad you're not in charge of balancing.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot those

I'm talking about stamina fights here, harness won't do anything other than fall instantly to proc damage. How big do you think harness is in Cyrodiil?

So... Really? Your solution is to force us all to wear pirate skeleton and put 100 points into hardy? Thus critable shields are balanced?

I'm really glad you're not in charge of balancing.

You don't understand, Putting 100pts into hardy Will lower burst dmg no Stam build should be breaking your wards quickly since it balances the dmg out and it won't ever crit. 12K wards stacked with 9-10k Harness + Hardened wards shouldn't break before the timer ends (6 secs) since CP Hardy Cancels out the The CP mighty.

If you really have trouble you can add additional dmg mitigation with the Monster set although its not needed.

Harness magicka should be only 2K pts less than Hardend ward.

Edited by Anti_Virus on February 23, 2017 11:46PM