The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorcs got WAY to much love...

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Devilhand wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

Can we talk about gapclosers completely negate our mobility in Streak?

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.

Not to quite that extent.

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking. You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.
    But trust me, you got a big boon from streak CC nerf.

Neither. Unblockable skills should'nt exist at all. And if they make it unblockable then shouldnt be able to crit, like they did with proc sets.

Curse criticals hit it can do up to 10k damage if not more. Why?

I invite you to grab a stamina class, different then templar, wear medium, and face 2 sorcerers by your self. Lest see how you handle the double +16k unblockable damage.

Grab a sorcerer, and fight two proc set gankers that open up on you at the same time. I invite you.

It's good to see that being unqualified to comment on things you dont understand hasn't stopped you from doing so yet.

PS: counterplay in this game needs to be more than just scotch taping down your right mouse button.

This ia the problem with people like you always make assumptions.

Not every stam build runs proc sets. I could generalize you as an EOtS spammer.

Also Blocking should be viable because unlike roll doge and shield you still take dmg and can die through block.

agree give block stam reg back aigan :D

They took it away for the same reason that you can't regenerate Magicka in vampire mist form.

Or regenerate Magicka while blocking with an ice staff...
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When three specific people curse you, yeah, you should die. Sorc defenses (shields) also fail miserably against any three people over you. Heck, they already fail against two hard hitters. Welcome to our world.

What's different now than before? Curse is unchanged for the first 3.5 seconds. Don't tell me you can't deal with 8% more damage!

And oneshots from stealth are still uncounterable. Yes, you can slot Radiant M-Light and D-Rune, but please... You could also run Purge or Bone Shield.

You know how you people sound to me? You're crying over having become mortal again. I've seen stam builds constantly dodge trolling around trees for a very long time, annoying the heck out of groups that should vaporize them. Now these days are gone and you simply have to adapt to fighting for real.

I can definitely agree that gap closers are a problem simple remove the snare and your class would be fine.

I disagree with you stance on roll dodge, it's countered by multiple undodgeable skills addtionaly a successful dodge roll requires LOS something than anyone can do even mSorcs with Daedric mines

Lastly imo Curse became OP once they made it unblockable, then slapped non sorcs in the face by allowing it to potentially blow up twice without casting it again.

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking. You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.
    It's not the same with sorcs and mines. Mines tickle now since there's a cooldown on their damage. They were dangerous when you crit rushed through three, but now you'll only take one damage. They are also a death sentence when outnumbered, as they're immobile. A stationary sorc is a dead sorc. Streak also lets you eat all damage aimed at you while you're wasting 1.5 global cooldowns for one streak. Dodge is FAR superior.

It's okay that dodge has counters because of that. Mind you those counters are fairly weak.
    I'm fine with removing them if you give me magicka dodgeroll. Other than that, it should stay this way. Actually needs I-frames nerfed. No dodge while you're swinging your club, that's ridiculous!

The double whammy on curse is a waste in open combat, trust me. I can tell you that a curse every four secs is outhealed by vigor. It became unblockable because we lost unblockable streak CC. Now, do you prefer an unblockable curse or an unblockable meteor? Your choice.

Neither. Unblockable skills should'nt exist at all. And if they make it unblockable then shouldnt be able to crit, like they did with proc sets.

I invite you to grab a stamina class, different then templar, wear medium, and face 2 sorcerers by your self. Lest see how you handle the double +16k unblockable damage.

Grab a sorcerer, and fight two proc set gankers that open up on you at the same time. I invite you.

It's good to see that being unqualified to comment on things you dont understand hasn't stopped you from doing so yet.

PS: counterplay in this game needs to be more than just scotch taping down your right mouse button.

Also Blocking should be viable because unlike roll doge and shield you still take dmg and can die through block.

Nice try, I'm a dual wield sorc. No Destro staff. No Destro ultimate either. I hope they nerf EoTS again.

Everything you've said about me, the sorc class, and game mechanics has been wrong. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Lol I didn't say anything about you reread my post I said I Could generalize you as an EOtS spammer.

Judging by that knee jerk reaction post you need to calm down remember this is just a discussion.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on February 17, 2017 8:42PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

agree give block stam reg back aigan :D

They took it away for the same reason that you can't regenerate Magicka in vampire mist form.

Or regenerate Magicka while blocking with an ice staff...

well now that there are many new Tools to Bypass block i dont see a Problem of perma block anymore.
    permablock where op cause there whernt the Tools as they are now.

eos, purify light, curse, dots all Bypass block with high dmg.

mistform however is a other story
    Edited by BuggeX on February 17, 2017 8:30PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven`t found a single top EU mSorc who wouldnt agree that mSorc was more close to being balanced last patch before buffs. After reading this disussion, I feel there´s three kinds of mSorcs:

Those who know, but stay quiet.
    Those who know, but downplay.
    Those who simply don`t know, because they are not on the level evaluate correctly.

It`s pretty easy to tell in this thread who is who. Sadly the last group seems to be the loudest.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven`t found a single top EU mSorc who wouldnt agree that mSorc was more close to being balanced last patch before buffs. After reading this disussion, I feel there´s three kinds of mSorcs:

Those who simply don`t know, because they are not on the level evaluate correctly.

It`s pretty easy to tell in this thread who is who. Sadly the last group seems to be the loudest.

How about
    (D) Dual wield sorcs that don't want our whole class "balanced" around the few buffs ZOS gave to a stupid fire stick.
    Edited by Minalan on February 17, 2017 8:50PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're talking about PvP and Curse are we not? How the heck could any argue that a universal buff and an 8 second delayed Curse suddenly make mSorc the Uber Nutz PvP Class?

I'll strongly argue that those very same buffs help mDK more than a mSorc. Then where is every "omg stam sorc is uberpwnz E Z mode!" Suddenly we're suppose to believe Proc set crit nerf was enough to convince them they're not OP?

Curse being unblockable is an argument that should have been made when it happened, not now, that ship has sailed.

I also notice most players here posting, "OMG curse is OP!" only has a few stars ...
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 17, 2017 8:53PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭

I actually do that all the time since i play all the classes 1vX or small scale only. And yes it can be hard but I have WAY more posibilities to win the fight.
    Pop Meteor, or EoS + streak = Done.

L2P buddy
    Edited by Devilhand on February 17, 2017 9:05PM
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about
    (D) Dual wield sorcs that don't want our whole class "balanced" around the few buffs ZOS gave to a stupid fire stick.

Have to agree, theres probably some more subcategories. Wouldve been a much longer post though.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually do that all the time since i play all the classes 1vX or small scale only. And yes it can be hard but I have WAY more posibilities to win the fight.
    Pop Meteor, or EoS + streak = Done.

L2P buddy

One harsh reality every buff/nerf cycle:

People used to playing overpowered classes discover that they aren't nearly as good as they thought that they were.

My fingers are getting tired this patch teabagging all of these re-roll proc set nightblades.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're talking about PvP and Curse are we not? How the heck could any argue that a universal buff and an 8 second delayed Curse suddenly make mSorc the Uber Nutz PvP Class?

I'll strongly argue that those very same buffs help mDK more than a mSorc. Then where is every "omg stam sorc is uberpwnz E Z mode!" Suddenly we're suppose to believe Proc set crit nerf was enough to convince them they're not OP?

Curse being unblockable is an argument that should have been made when it happened, not now, that ship has sailed.

I also notice most players here posting, "OMG curse is OP!" only has a few stars...

Because there are more bias pro mSorcs than people concerned about balance.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking.You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.

It also has a stacking cost and is vulnerable to AoEs and Beam attacks like RD and Soul Assault.

I wouldn't be opposed to magic dodge rolling however you would quickly revert back to shields since it will probably have a stacking cost machanic and dealing with all the AoEs and Beam attacks in cyrodil, shields are superior imo allows you to wear infused/Divines.

If Meteor became unblockable it wouldn't matter to me most people cast meteor and follow up with an unblockable CC to make sure it hits.Can't dodge it, Reflect it, or Cloak it might as well make it unblockable like EOtS and make it that much easier to use. I would rather have Curse be blockable since it's up more than meteor.

Nailed it. Sorcs don't have unblockable CC anymore. Streak used to. That got removed in favor of curse unblockable. Ever eaten a meteor+fossilize? Fear? Trust me, you're much better off now. Look, with streak's old CC, I could drop your block, anyway. I don't have to spell out the implication, right?

You can wear infused with shields. You still need impen on small pieces, plus CP in resistance. GG. You'll get smoked with 0 impen, despite shields.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I also notice most players here posting, "OMG curse is OP!" only has a few stars...

Because there are more bias pro mSorcs than people concerned about balance.

You define "balance" as being able to survive solo against five different sorc players that know how to play.

In the immortal words of Dave Chappelle: "Those days are over!"
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭

This post should be sticked.
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly (PvP wise) Sorcerers did not recieve a single class directed buff.

The staff changes were made because every class knew dual wield > staves in almost every single category.

I haven't tried this update yet because I'm on console, but I find it hard to believe 8% more single target damage just made Sorcs the end all be all for PvP.

I'm praying not because I hate running into Sorcs open world. 1 v 1 shields are so annoying (my spammable is endless D: ). When running in a group though targetted Sorcs melt.
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    I can't figure out why this thread is still going. I play stamina exclusively, and this buff did not suddenly make sorc or any magicka class OP. I believe it was unnecessary, but w/e.

Like I said previously, every good sorc would reapply curse after 3.5 seconds, the curse change made literally NO change. And to all you NBs crying it's pulling you out of stealth:

If you're a stamblade relying on cloak for survivability, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Cloak is such a minute, small part of a stamblade's survivability, if it's impacting your gameplay you need to adjust your playstyle or pick a different class because stamblade is not for you.

I also believe that proc sets were fine pre-patch and are fine now, so all the QQ about proc sets should stop as well. PvP feels pretty balanced ATM.
    Edited by Nellzer on February 18, 2017 2:48AM
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodge also breaks roots and dodges unlimited, dodgable, moves for a long time that persists even while attacking.You can cancel into it, unlike shields and streak. And it helps with snares, as it travels a set distance.

It also has a stacking cost and is vulnerable to AoEs and Beam attacks like RD and Soul Assault.

I wouldn't be opposed to magic dodge rolling however you would quickly revert back to shields since it will probably have a stacking cost machanic and dealing with all the AoEs and Beam attacks in cyrodil, shields are superior imo allows you to wear infused/Divines.

If Meteor became unblockable it wouldn't matter to me most people cast meteor and follow up with an unblockable CC to make sure it hits.Can't dodge it, Reflect it, or Cloak it might as well make it unblockable like EOtS and make it that much easier to use. I would rather have Curse be blockable since it's up more than meteor.

Nailed it. Sorcs don't have unblockable CC anymore. Streak used to. That got removed in favor of curse unblockable. Ever eaten a meteor+fossilize? Fear? Trust me, you're much better off now. Look, with streak's old CC, I could drop your block, anyway. I don't have to spell out the implication, right?

You can wear infused with shields. You still need impen on small pieces, plus CP in resistance. GG. You'll get smoked with 0 impen, despite shields.

Rune Cage and it's morphs will drop block afaik, unless they changed something.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, they made it so that you don't have #&^$^ space on your bar for that ! $@#$. Seriously, just mentioning it shows how downright biased and blinded people are. I honestly expected some amateur to jump in and act all clever by mentioning it, but seeing this from a forum veteran is just sad, man.

No offense.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on February 18, 2017 3:03AM
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they made it so that you don't have #&^$^ space on your bar for that ! $@#$. Seriously, just mentioning it shows how downright biased and blinded people are. I honestly expected some amateur to jump in and act all clever by mentioning it, but seeing this from a forum veteran is just sad, man.

No offense.

lolwut, that was a bit of an overreaction mate. Did you just forget about it and now you're embarrassed? Sorcs are the only class to get a 3rd bar, seriously just forgetting that shows how downright biased and blinded people are.

You said "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore", but they do and you bite my head off for mentioning it lol. I use defensive rune all the time in pvp cos it fits so nicely on my overload bar :)
    PC | EU
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense.

It really holds no weight as a offensive cc but one of my friends told me to try it on my overload bar. It's working great for stopping ganks. I just make sure I keep it up while I'm on my horse and you can't be ganked by a solo ganker. Sorcs shouldn't have a cc that drops block that would be way to strong combined with their high burst and high defensive ability. a unblockable CC would put sorcs over the top
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No offense.

lolwut, that was a bit of an overreaction mate. Did you just forget about it and now you're embarrassed? Sorcs are the only class to get a 3rd bar, seriously just forgetting that shows how downright biased and blinded people are.

You said "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore", but they do and you bite my head off for mentioning it lol. I use defensive rune all the time in pvp cos it fits so nicely on my overload bar :)

Because it reminds me of "let them eat cake". If I had space, I would slot it. But I don't. And I haven't seen anyone using Rune Cage since... Boy, I can't remember.
    Defensive Rune is just that, defensive.
    Seriously, if we're trying to justify the last streak nerf by rune prison, geez.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the first thing I seen was that pvp is balanced lol not sure if I want to read anymore
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on February 18, 2017 4:34AM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the first thing I seen was that pvp is balanced lol not sure if I want to read anymore

Curse OP?
    Yesorno?
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Curse OP?
    Yesorno?

No, see it as a skill that's really good if you time it well.

Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Curse OP?
    Yesorno?

No, see it as a skill that's really good if you time it well.

Agree, and that pretty much brings this thread to an end.
    I just saved you ten mind-numbing pages. Am I worthy of a cookie?
    (^.^)
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense.

Because it reminds me of "let them eat cake". If I had space, I would slot it. But I don't. And I haven't seen anyone using Rune Cage since... Boy, I can't remember.
    Seriously, if we're trying to justify the last streak nerf by rune prison, geez.

Not trying to justify anything, was just trying to point out that the statement "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore" was false. You could, in theory, do the meteor > cc block drop trick with Rune Prison if you could make room for it on one of your oh so crowded bars. I don't think that warranted the response I got from you.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on February 18, 2017 5:21AM
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No offense.

Not trying to justify anything, was just trying to point out that the statement "sorcs don't have unblockable cc anymore" was false. You could, in theory, do the meteor > cc block drop trick with Rune Prison if you could make room for it on one of your oh so crowded bars. I don't think that warranted the response I got from you.

Fair enough.
    Apologies.
    Options
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Well, with Morrowind coming out, expect more changes. I feel like homestead was just a slight shift in things so we don't have to play the same game for another 6 months in pvp. Things will change again. Do not worry.
    I'm a magsorc
    Options
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Just to note, Rune cage, does not share CC immunity with frags. Rune cage to drop block, into a fast frags, is not bad. I use it a lot. I have it on my resto bar. I usually have 1 optional slot on my resto bar, and I chose this ability. I don't use the defensive rune morph.
    Edited by xboxNA corin6 on February 18, 2017 3:06PM
    I'm a magsorc
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No chance.
    Not only is it awkward to use and gets broken randomly by "allies", but I can't see space for it.
    What are you giving up for it?
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No chance.
    Not only is it awkward to use and gets broken randomly by "allies", but I can't see space for it.
    What are you giving up for it?

Defensive rune is a great backbar ability one can run instead of stormarmor for example.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options