Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Wishlist

Mattock_Romulus
Mattock_Romulus
✭✭✭✭✭
All I want, in addition to storage.

1. An npc spouse
2. A steward
3. The ability to adopt kids
4. House specific daily quest
5. Random quests to defend property
6. Farmable nodes on the property
7. Containers you can loot/interact with
8. Housing specific dungeon portals
9. A latrine...my character hasn't used a restroom in 3 years and that cannot be healthy

*Edit* Formatting
Edited by Mattock_Romulus on February 8, 2017 4:46AM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to say it just once... weapon shelves for our gear. Nice weapon, lets hang it on the wall for show!
    Edited by Vanthras79 on February 7, 2017 10:12PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian House Lizard to do the cooking and cleaning and greet guests

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian slaves, Khajiit slaves, Orsimer slaves...
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pets and mounts to be able to wander around.
    For other overworld creatures to spawn in, like birds and squirrels.
    Option to change music as suggested here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/313599/housing-suggestion-ambient-sounds-and-pet-names
    Ability to sleep in bed, and would be awesome if we get some bonus for that, like extended enlightenment or something.
    And obviously the option to display our armour and weapons, yes storage in a way.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "my character hasn't used a restroom in 3 years"

Oh my. Have you been looting those chamber pots in houses instead of using them?
    Edited by MissBizz on February 7, 2017 10:22PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DM_ESO
    DM_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most players seem to use these forums as the latrine.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

@Sigtric I don't want a lizard greeting me when I visit! Ugh.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »

@Sigtric I don't want a lizard greeting me when I visit! Ugh.

You'll see the goat first @MissBizz

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Storage
    - Plantable (and maybe harvestable) gardens
    - Fishing
    - More interactive furniture (i.e. "Sleep" for bed)
    - Guild Halls (with higher population caps)
    - Moving pets, NPCs, etc.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Storage space would be nice.
    Gardens without harvest node. Box planters for windows, bigger variety of flowers to place
    Craft a stable, although with all my mounts it would need to be quite large
    Moving pets, as above
    Display cases & weapon wracks (not sure if they are available)
    Hire a gardener
    Hire Guards
    Hire cleaners/servants
    Craft wall sconces & lanterns for indoor & outdoor lighting

Edited by phairdon on February 10, 2017 2:28AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Storage space would be nice.
    Gardens without harvest node. Flower beds, shrubs, trees.
    Craft a stable, although with all my mounts it would need to be quite large
    Moving pets, as above
    Display cases & weapon wracks (not sure if they are available)
    Hire a gardener
    Hire Guards
    Hire cleaners/servants
    Craft wall sconces & lanterns for indoor & outdoor lighting

More interactable furniture. Remember the puzzle from the Nord Manor from the Thieves Guild intro quest? That's what I want in my storage furniture!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    garden..... fish pond......guar herd.......goats....... sheep......

wardrobe......

altmer slaves.....
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....WABA...JACK.?!?!

• Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some homes more fit for my relatively homeless characters. A smaller cave in a cliffside or just a smaller cave in general. Less premade platforms and buildings.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I will use gold to purchase the apartment in my capital city for now and wait until the Morrowind dlc, er expansion comes out to see if more value is added to the houses.
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on February 8, 2017 4:09AM
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where to find the Crabapple trees? Or were they not included in the patch?

If not, then I will add Crabapple trees to my wishlist. :)
    ->--Willow--<-
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have the ability to modify the values of coordinates when placing objects. It can be tricky to make slight adjustments when placing things. Simply have the values of X Y Z shown and the ability to make micro adjustments by editing those values would be really helpful.
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good suggestions, but high on my list is a vastly improved housing editor. The one released with the houses is an incredibly bad design. I realize it needs to have controls that can also be used on consoles, but surely there must be a better approach that is more intuitive with simple, logical controls like up/down, left/right and forward/back. Also with the ability for the character to walk around an object so we can see it from all angles as we try to place it. It would also be great if objects can be linked together.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thing, please tell us when we have an item already in the house. When I go to a merchant, and look at the trees, unless they are in my inventory, it will not tell me I already purchased it. Please let it work the same way as it shows items that you already have in your bank.

Pets can play some of their idle animations, but mounts do none of that, their animations really need to be switched on!

While I enjoyed creating my own custom stairs out of bricks today, it would be easier if we had a stairs asset we could use ;)

And one final thing... AN UNDO BUTTON! Thank you! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i buy a home in eso, i expected it to have a chest that i can go to and store my personal things into.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas. I'm confident housing will be expanded upon in the future.
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on February 8, 2017 7:35PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another one I have thought of.
    We really really need a way to select multiple objects. For instance, when you have books and things placed on a table or shelf, we have to move everything individually if we want to move the shelf later.
    Same if we have made a collection of plants and rocks.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I've been having fun decorating but moving everything one piece at a time can be frustrating.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. ARMOUR STORAGE
    2. MATERIALS STORAGE
    3. WEAPON STORAGE
    4. WRITS STORAGE
    5. MONSTER SET STORAGE
    6. pvp STORAGE
    7. STORAGE
    8. STORAGE

the whole point of a house is somewhere to sleep and somewhere to keep our things, I.E shelter. sleep in this game is not needed- so whats the point without storage?!?!?

pls zos- dont give us *** about 3 percent not maxing their inventory- u know its horse manure- give us what we want- the storage we had in skyrim.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Guild Wars Original player, my biggest wish is to be able to designate a house as a Guild Hall, or Guild Home. Accessible from the Guild Page. And have my private residence entirely separate.

Of course, a Guild Hall means we'll need a proper merchant and banker. Maybe ones designed for specific guild hall use. The ones in the crown store are waaaaay too expensive for my taste. 50 euros a pop? Really? I'm waiting for a sale on those.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I want, in addition to storage.

4. House specific daily quest
    6. Farmable nodes on the property
    7. Containers you can loot/interact with
    8. Housing specific dungeon portals
    9. A latrine...my character hasn't used a restroom in 3 years and that cannot be healthy
    Agreed!

Extra stuff, some repeated from earlier but here it is again:
    1) Armor display mannequin
    2) Undo furniture changes option
    3) Light dimming variable, for those who want a lot of lights/enchanted glowing rocks but don't want to be blinded.
    4) Pets/mounts/NPC merchant movement paths and movement speed/timing slider
    5) Craftable books of any kind, blank or fillable with our own words, preferably the latter
    6) More white furniture plans, cheap and easy to make low quality furniture, looted or purchased.
    Increase player caps

Side note:. Some high elf NPC houses have chamber pots. What's even more perplexing is those chamber pots sometimes contain recipes and decorative wax, but that's better than the alternative.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple things:
    1a. Better bookshelves - One that you can more easily put books on and can actually interact with the books on the shelves.
    1b. Once you place the books in the bookshelf, have it be counted as one item so that a real library can be built. there are very nearly 300 purchasable books which makes placing all of them in a house impossible to impractical even in the largest ones.
    2. Add a stored inventory to each house. This would help with the severe inventory management problems caused by having unused furniture, as well as allow decorators the ability to take out and put away items without the house owner present, and thereby also allowing them to move items between the interior and exterior of houses.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top priority is that I want to be able to place existing items - weapons, armour, consumables, clothes etc. as decorations in my house. I'd love to be able to hang a cool sword over the fireplace, or a pile of battered looking armour next to the blacksmithing station, alchemy reagents scattered on a table...

Even if it was only the items which already have models it'd be an improvement. But it'd be amazing if they could create models for the decorative items we can steal, like the creepy monkey puppet, pocket goblin, outdated map of tamriel etc. so we could use those in our houses as well.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    As a Guild Wars Original player, my biggest wish is to be able to designate a house as a Guild Hall, or Guild Home. Accessible from the Guild Page. And have my private residence entirely separate.

Of course, a Guild Hall means we'll need a proper merchant and banker. Maybe ones designed for specific guild hall use. The ones in the crown store are waaaaay too expensive for my taste. 50 euros a pop? Really? I'm waiting for a sale on those.

OHH I play GW2 and the guild hall we had to fight for made it soooo worth it in the end ^_^
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    Perhaps slightly off-topic, but does anyone know where to find the Crabapple trees? Or were they not included in the patch?

If not, then I will add Crabapple trees to my wishlist. :)

crown store, tree pack..... 400 crowns.