The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Housing Suggestion: Ambient Sounds and Pet Names

Glaiceana
Glaiceana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ambient Noises/Sound Effects/Music
It would be great if we were allowed to place a sound asset somewhere in our homes. For instance set the music that plays in the area, choose from a list of zone music already in the game. It would be a great way to customise and set the ambience of our homes.
Same goes for certain sound effects, again you could place them like an asset, put them in the wall or an object to get a certain effect.

Pet/Mount Names
We have been able to nickname our pets and mounts for a long time, but this is basically pointless and very easy to forget that you have done it, as the only way to view them is to look at them in your collections menu.
However, with housing we get a unique opportunity to actually see our mounts with us not on them. And the pets not following us.
So even if their names are only visible to us in their target bars, that would be great. I understand that there would need to be filters the same with character names if they were visible to other players. But even so, it would be nice to see yours and other people's pet/mount names. It would give more purpose to that option in the first place.
Priests of Hircine
Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
Our total free bites: 7000+
Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
Total Champion Points: 1000+
Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
Playing since July 2015!
  • paulsgruff
    paulsgruff
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with these suggestions.

It would certainly be nice to be able to further customise the feel of your living area through the use of the existing sound clips already in the game. Transparent sound objects that can be placed like all of the current assets, have their volume controllable, as well as them being directional would really increase the opportunity to create a certain desired mood in your living space. It would be especially useful on the larger properties too, where there is a lot of space to play with, giving you even more opportunity to create differently themed sections in larger houses.

The pet idea would be a nice touch also. It'd be nice to see what people have named their pets at some point, as it seems a little bit of a pointless feature to be able to name them at the moment, other than for some personal customisation.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selecting our own music would be amazing. It would really make it our own. They could even make the music unlock able thru achievements.

I want the Maw drums.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are really good, particularly the option to set ambient noises. The sound of a bubbling pot of broth to accompany a roaring log fire would be pretty homely to my ears.
    Edited by menedhyn on January 12, 2017 2:16PM
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    paulsgruff wrote: »
    Agree with these suggestions.

It would certainly be nice to be able to further customise the feel of your living area through the use of the existing sound clips already in the game. Transparent sound objects that can be placed like all of the current assets, have their volume controllable, as well as them being directional would really increase the opportunity to create a certain desired mood in your living space. It would be especially useful on the larger properties too, where there is a lot of space to play with, giving you even more opportunity to create differently themed sections in larger houses.

The pet idea would be a nice touch also. It'd be nice to see what people have named their pets at some point, as it seems a little bit of a pointless feature to be able to name them at the moment, other than for some personal customisation.
    Directional and volume control is a great idea too, even more customisation!
    Selecting our own music would be amazing. It would really make it our own. They could even make the music unlock able thru achievements.

I want the Maw drums.
    People would be running from that house :D
    menedhyn wrote: »
    These are really good, particularly the option to set ambient noises. The sound of a bubbling pot of broth to accompany a roaring log fire would be pretty homely to my ears.
    Yeah this is the kind of thing I had in mind. It would be so awesome to do this.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Some songbirds to put tweeting in trees.
    - Malukah singing on library.
    - Old man sweeping and muttering.
    - Firewood burning.
    - A variety of NPCs using furniture and occasionally firing comments.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone