Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Dev Comments - Changes Prior to Incorporation into the Notes

SwaminoNowlino
SwaminoNowlino
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Would it be possible to get a quick Dev Comment thing for each class for one or two of the most discussed changes in Homestead patch notes before you started incorporating them into the published patch notes? Its impossible to reach a consensus on anything on these forums, so identifying which ones in particular merit some Dev Comments is hard, but I've tried to read through the threads and capture a few that stood out to me as being popular requestsL
  1. Templar: Removal of stun from Blazing Spear/No fix for Luminous Shard CC & lack of passives supporting Stamina Templars
  2. Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
  3. Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
  4. Dragonknight: Only one I could find mentioned a lot was Burning Ember Inferno aoe, but didn't see a consensus and Wrobel and Rich mentioned in ESO Live they didn't look at aoe damage this update. So maybe the nerf to Standard?

There are a million things people would probably like to see some feedback about, but I was hoping by limiting it to stuff kind of touched in this patch, we'd be more likely to get a response.

Thanks!
Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
- And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar concerns are summed up here pretty well. I didn't see a single magplar agree with the removal of blazing stun, and as a long time stamina templar main (who GREATLY appreciates the changes we DID get this patch), we still do not have any passives that compare to the utility provided by the stamina passives of other class stamina specs. Sustain could be fixed in a heartbeat with just one passive change and not a single player on either side of the magicka templar or stamina templar would complain.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Would it be possible to get a quick Dev Comment thing for each class for one or two of the most discussed changes in Homestead patch notes before you started incorporating them into the published patch notes? Its impossible to reach a consensus on anything on these forums, so identifying which ones in particular merit some Dev Comments is hard, but I've tried to read through the threads and capture a few that stood out to me as being popular requestsL
    1. Templar: Removal of stun from Blazing Spear/No fix for Luminous Shard CC & lack of passives supporting Stamina Templars
    2. Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
    3. Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
    4. Dragonkight: Only one I could find mentioned a lot was Burning Ember aoe, but didn't see a consensus and Wrobel and Rich mentioned in ESO Live they didn't look at aoe damage this update.

There are a million things people would probably like to see some feedback about, but I was hoping by limiting it to stuff kind of touched in this patch, we'd be more likely to get a response.

Thanks!

You wanted to say Inferno AoE, right? because THATS what all DKs seem to want in the feedback threads since TG
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zakor Nice catch! Edited original post to reflect this correction.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome. Just wondered since I think I never saw anybody suggesting a burning embers aoe. You might want to add the discussion about useless passives/bad sustain because of outdated passives to the DK list. Some light on that would be awesome. Also, you might want to call them Dragonknights ;)
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    You're welcome. Just wondered since I think I never saw anybody suggesting a burning embers aoe. You might want to add the discussion about useless passives/bad sustain because of outdated passives to the DK list. Some light on that would be awesome. Also, you might want to call them Dragonknights ;)

Dammit! Foiled by spelling again! Corrected.

I was trying to limit the list to stuff specific to the Homestead patch. Is there anything specific for DK that folks wanted some clarity on for stuff pertinent to this patch? Maybe standard nerf?

• ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino Thank you for listing your questions in a concise manner! We’ve been seeing these questions pop up a lot as well and would like to explain the direction we’re heading with some of these high profile issues. Keep in mind that there will also be more developer comments coming with the patch notes.

Templar: Removal of stun from Blazing Spear/No fix for Luminous Shard CC & lack of passives supporting Stamina Templars
    • We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and then increased it’s DoT duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused and Luminous to be CC focused. With Luminous we’re still working through a solution that makes this feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.
    • There is currently an issue with Luminous Shards right now we’re looking to fix where Burning Light can proc and immediately remove the disorient.
    • Because of the Restoring Light tree, Templar do have a smaller number of passives that affect stamina. The effective passives they do have are very strong such as Burning Light and Sacred Ground. We also expect stamina Templar to start using Power of the Light, which will turn on Prism. We’ll continue to monitor Templars closely with the launch of update 13.
    Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
    • We increased the cost of Strife because it was so much lower than other similar abilities such as Laval Whip or Force Shock. Note - after the cost increase Strife, it is still much lower than these abilities. This change, along with the changes to Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit were targeted at getting players to pay more attention to their resources.
    • To help with magicka Nightblade dps, we increased the damage on Path of Darkness. For pvp this ability is harder to land on moving targets. To help with landing burst damage, we increased Impale range. This moves the ability’s range from 18 to 28, thus it gets a bonus +8 on top in Cyrodiil.
    • Crescent Sweep and Incap have very similar costs, but one is AoE and the other is single target with added utility so it’s hard to compare them. For Incapacitate, we found that it was over performing and didn’t want to reduce the power of the ability. Adjusting the frequency at which the ability is used means you need to think a bit more strategically about when to use it.
    Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
    • We have been investigating different methods to have more control over what target your pets attack. We’re not ready to roll out any such changes to Daedric Prey at this time and this ability may not be the method we end up implementing something like this.
    • Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.
    • It’s not intended that pets would steal buffs or heals from players, we’ll look into this further.
    Dragonkight: Burning Ember aoe
    • For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.

Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1izgs2.jpg
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG can I ask a question too?

1. It's about the stamina viability in trials... As of Homestead, stamina builds will suffer a lot due to the critical hit damage changes and the Rearming Trap reduction of damage. This has made stamina and magicka on par in terms of single target DPS which is a great thing. However, in terms of Cleave damage, AoE damage and Survivability, stamina specs are much less performant than their magicka counterparts. Survivability isn't a problem in itself, as there's always this risk and reward. However, there isn't much reward now, since magicka have almost the same single target damage, vastly superior cleave damage and exponentially higher AoE damage. Are there any plans in the future to bring the stamina AoE and cleave potential up to par with magicka? It would be a very healthy change as it would allow more diversity in terms of viable specs in trials.
    2. Once again about stamina... Stamina Nightblades and Templars both suffer tremendously in PvE compared to other specs. Are there any changes planned to bring them more or less on par with other stamina and magicka specs?
    3. Final question, without a doubt the most relevant one to Homestead: do Path of Darkness and morphs scale correctly with Thaumaturge now? :D
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm probably not going to have as much luck as you OP! Lol
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    @SwaminoNowlino Thank you for listing your questions in a concise manner! We’ve been seeing these questions pop up a lot as well and would like to explain the direction we’re heading with some of these high profile issues. Keep in mind that there will also be more developer comments coming with the patch notes.

Templar: Removal of stun from Blazing Spear/No fix for Luminous Shard CC & lack of passives supporting Stamina Templars
    • We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and then increased it’s DoT duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused and Luminous to be CC focused. With Luminous we’re still working through a solution that makes this feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.
    • There is currently an issue with Luminous Shards right now we’re looking to fix where Burning Light can proc and immediately remove the disorient.
    • Because of the Restoring Light tree, Templar do have a smaller number of passives that affect stamina. The effective passives they do have are very strong such as Burning Light and Sacred Ground. We also expect stamina Templar to start using Power of the Light, which will turn on Prism. We’ll continue to monitor Templars closely with the launch of update 13.
    Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
    • We increased the cost of Strife because it was so much lower than other similar abilities such as Laval Whip or Force Shock. Note - after the cost increase Strife, it is still much lower than these abilities. This change, along with the changes to Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit were targeted at getting players to pay more attention to their resources.
    • To help with magicka Nightblade dps, we increased the damage on Path of Darkness. For pvp this ability is harder to land on moving targets. To help with landing burst damage, we increased Impale range. This moves the ability’s range from 18 to 28, thus it gets a bonus +8 on top in Cyrodiil.
    • Crescent Sweep and Incap have very similar costs, but one is AoE and the other is single target with added utility so it’s hard to compare them. For Incapacitate, we found that it was over performing and didn’t want to reduce the power of the ability. Adjusting the frequency at which the ability is used means you need to think a bit more strategically about when to use it.
    Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
    • We have been investigating different methods to have more control over what target your pets attack. We’re not ready to roll out any such changes to Daedric Prey at this time and this ability may not be the method we end up implementing something like this.
    • Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.
    • It’s not intended that pets would steal buffs or heals from players, we’ll look into this further.
    • For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.

@Wrobel Thanks for the comments! Really appreciate you taking the time to give us some input!

I'm not much for pet sorcs, mag dks, or nightblades so I'll leave any follow up to folks more experienced than I.

But for templar's, I am left wondering why the change to Blazing was made now, instead of waiting until luminous is in a better place? This leaves templars without a real effective cc in the meantime. Also for the stamina passives, I agree that the passives are super strong, but they are damage oriented whereas the bigger issue that hampers them in end-game PvE content is the lack of sustain based passives. For stamplars to have the kind of sustain in PvE that other classes have, they need to stack more recovery or rely on shards from other templars. They don't have battle roar, siphoning attacks, or dark deal. Repentance requires a condition to be met before being effective. Maybe you could give it a minor stamina steal or something to make it more effective.

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets this pets that...was there ever a time when pets were useful and people would look for more pet sorcerers in their groups? It scares me to think how much time and resources were wasted trying to make pets viable ever since 2014
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Pets this pets that...was there ever a time when pets were useful and people would look for more pet sorcerers in their groups? It scares me to think how much time and resources were wasted trying to make pets viable ever since 2014

As things currently stand, every class has 3 skill trees. For sorcerer, one of these trees is devoted to pets, which are pretty useless in 2/3rds of end game content (PVP, trials, and dungeons). I think we can safely assume they aren't going to completely revamp this skill line, even though I'd prefer that, so may as well try to improve them instead of having an near useless skill line.

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

From the number of sorcerers I see out and about with pets, myself included, I'm guessing that being desired in certain types of groups, is not their only purpose.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel With the way ult gain works most players don't put any thought in using ults, especially since most ult's have no counters anymore. The majority of them don't even require you to cc before use anymore they do the cc'ing for you.

Meteor - A fear or fossilize = hit, no relfect anymore, no cloaking it, no though't into using it by most players.

Incap/ dawnbreaker - high dmg, cc built into it, easy to animation cancel so it pretty much hits all the time apart from shuffle dodge.

Eye of the storm - huge radius, snares + gap close spam make it very hard to get away from it. Can't block it, can't dodge it, HUGE damage.

Soul assault - huge dmg, huge snare, can't purge, can't roll, can only block and if your not a s&b user it'll drain your resources far too much because you are forced to block and blocking and being stationary for 4s in auto death in pvp. This skills is literally made for casual players to kill better players with no effort. It's a crux that stops people trying to get better at the game. Should at the very least have it's snare removed if it has no other counter play.

People just use them on cooldown because all you have to do to get ult is light attack something.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nerf eye of the no skill properly. reduce its radius by half and make block cost reduction and dodge have a cap
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)

This, they will basically cost the same now, with incap being dodgeable, it gets dodged alot, wich doesnt sit right with me now that it will cost 70 ult. Sweep will cost 72 ult and has more dmg potential as an ult.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkight: Burning Ember Inferno aoe

@Wrobel Thank you for the insightful comments.

Regarding magicka DK, specifically from a PvP point of view, I think DK is probably going to be in a good place for heals. We are going to have to juggle healing sources, but juggling is what the class does. The revised version of CDB I think is very workable, and I appreciate the change there made based on our feedback.

Unfortunately our skill cost and sustain is still terrible and sets we relied on for help in that department are being nerfed. Our lack of damage would go away if we had the option spec full into damage like other magicka classes can. (Or, alternately, if most other classes actually had to invest into sustain.)

If mDK continues to underperform in PvP, can we expect adjustments in weeks or months? Or do we have to wait another year and a half for our turn to roll back around?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Templar concerns are summed up here pretty well. I didn't see a single magplar agree with the removal of blazing stun, and as a long time stamina templar main (who GREATLY appreciates the changes we DID get this patch), we still do not have any passives that compare to the utility provided by the stamina passives of other class stamina specs. Sustain could be fixed in a heartbeat with just one passive change and not a single player on either side of the magicka templar or stamina templar would complain.
    Agree! Along with the Balanced Warrior passive to include SD too. We are exhausting ourselves trying to juggle, sustain (most expensive skills in the entire game), Max Magicka, Crit Chance %, Penetration and Spell Damage...
    Edited by Idinuse on February 5, 2017 7:39AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and then increased it’s DoT duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused and Luminous to be CC focused. With Luminous we’re still working through a solution that makes this feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.
    [*] There is currently an issue with Luminous Shards right now we’re looking to fix where Burning Light can proc and immediately remove the disorient.
    @Wrobel
    The removal of stun from Blazing Spear should have happened when you had those fixes in, not prior.
    I simply cannot understand your reasoning - you want to make the other morph appealing but leave it broken while nerfing Blazing.
    Why not just leave it in if you are not ready to provide us with a good option?
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Wrobel

Great feedback and communication for everyone.

Re: the Luminous Spear comments, would be great if this can be actioned sooner rather than later. The stun on Blazing was a one of the few ways a Templar could utilise effective CC/
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel
    Thanks for your answer in this thread. I really apprecitate it. But I can't understand that you are happy with the DK in this patch. The feedback thread is full of ongoing problems. Mostly called out are our lack of good passives. Do you acknowledge that some of our passives are really bad but needed and some other are really bad and could be changed to something better easily?
    Just take "Elder Dragon" as example. Health recovery is by far the worst stat in game (except for niche builds I guess). More examples would inlcude "Eternal Mountain" and "Searing Heat". Those two do nothing than increasing duration (and damage a bit). Just include those two in the corresponding skills and give us something nice.
    Many DKs have problems with sustain and with this patch where you nerfed sources of magicka regeneration it's getting even worse. Why not add a bit sustain for us? On the other hand, a skillcost overhaul for the DK may be a solution here since all of our skills are damn expensive.
    Another thing many DKs want to see is getting back the Inferno-AoE(not burning embers) with Cauterize being a healing AoE and FoO scaling from highest stat. Could you please state if you consider this or why you won't do this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Edited by Zakor on February 5, 2017 10:55AM
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    @Wrobel
    Thanks for your answer in this thread. I really apprecitate it. But I can't understand that you are happy with the DK in this patch. The feedback thread is full of ongoing problems. Mostly called out are our lack of good passives. Do you acknowledge that some of our passives are really bad but needed and some other are really bad and could be changed to something better easily?
    Just take "Elder Dragon" as example. Health recovery is by far the worst stat in game (except for niche builds I guess). More examples would inlcude "Eternal Mountain" and "Searing Heat". Those two do nothing than increasing duration (and damage a bit). Just include those two in the corresponding skills and give us something nice.
    Many DKs have problems with sustain and with this patch where you nerfed sources of magicka regeneration it's getting even worse. Why not add a bit sustain for us? On the other hand, a skillcost overhaul for the DK may be a solution here since all of our skills are damn expensive.
    Another thing many DKs want to see is getting back the Inferno-AoE(not burning embers) with Cauterize being a healing AoE and FoO scaling from highest stat. Could you please state if you consider this or why you won't do this?
    Thanks in advance.

DK has some of the best passives in the game what are you talking about? I can not actually believe that anyone can complain about the class now. The change to dragon blood might have been fine if they did it back when ic first launched, but with all the other small changes (inhale, burning embers) DK is going to have absurd healing.
    - Mojican
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have been investigating different methods to have more control over what target your pets attack. We’re not ready to roll out any such changes to Daedric Prey at this time and this ability may not be the method we end up implementing something like this.

Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.

It’s not intended that pets would steal buffs or heals from players, we’ll look into this further.

CP applying to pets aside, I'm not sure these were the answers for the intended questions asked:

The Homestead-specific issue with Daedric Prey isn't to do with targeting, but that Daedric Prey's debuff now stacks with itself and the Scamp AOE (Bugfixed in this patch to actually be affected by Daedric Prey) can do ridiculous damage as a result. I think the question was more to do with whether or not an exploit is going onto the Live patch in a few days.

On this same PTS forum there's evidence from PTS players that no, pets DO NOT STEAL BUFFS FROM PLAYERS to begin with, and they only get buffed there aren't enough players within range to take the buff instead. In those situations, the only difference is something gets buffed instead of nothing.

Someone (player or pet) having a buff preventing a new buff from being applied is a completely different topic.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]
    So, it's you are who should be happy?

Any chance that it will be written in game description? Something like:
    "Balanced by Wrobel, for Wrobel: i'm pretty happy" ©
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wrobel It will be appreciated if you would consider making "Hardened Ward" and "Harness Magicka" abilities last for 10-12 seconds each.
    If the shields last longer, the sorcerer will be able to get to higher dps in both pvp and pve.
    Also, the shields are not strong enough.
    The overall dps in pvp from other classes is higher and due to potential latency issues(300+ ms), the 6 seconds shields are a joke and not effective as they used to be.
    If the shields will last for 10-12 seconds, then the latency issue will have less impact on sorcerers.
    The light armor doesn't offer any defense, if the shields are down, the sorcerer will be either killed or severely injured.

I know that the duration of the shields was nerfed for a reason, but there is a huge difference between 20+ seconds shields and 6 seconds shields.
    Please consider a middle ground of 10-12 seconds shields, for both "Hardened Ward" and "Harness Magicka".
    P.S There is always a way to revert the change back to 6 seconds and/or weaken them if you find it OP.

Edited by Universe on February 5, 2017 3:27PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.

Jesus christ.. I give up.

PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.
    [/list]

i hate to be that guy but DK are the only class of the 4 who have a non-viable class range setup.
    stone fist is awful, ash cloud is kinda small for an AoE and the rest are all melee range.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and then increased it’s DoT duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused and Luminous to be CC focused. With Luminous we’re still working through a solution that makes this feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.

Thanks for the explanations. I really only have one comment on this. You should have found the solution that makes the Luminous CC feel unique before applying the nerf to blazing spear. Now we are saddled with a subpar CC until June or whenever this solution is found.

Is this solution something that will happen before Homestead goes live?
    Edited by timidobserver on February 5, 2017 8:32PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On Strife: Strife's low cost is the only reason people chose to run it, as it has a lower damage output than Force Pulse and doesn't provide enough healing to make a noticeable impact to the group. The cost increase wouldn't really be an issue if you'd compensate for it by increasing Strife's damage or healing.

On Crescent Sweep and Incap: The damage and cost of these ultimates are comparable, but one's guaranteed to hit if you're in range since it's an AOE, but with Incap you're always rolling the dice to see whether or not your Incap gets dodged by the target's Major Evasion.

On Incap: The issue with Incap wasn't it's low cost, Death Stroke has cost 50 ult since the game launched back in 2014 and nobody complained until Incapacitating Strike was changed to disease damage in the Dark Brotherhood patch, which drastically increased it's damage on stamina builds (I hit 14k incaps in PVP fairly often), and when it's stun was changed to be guaranteed instead of only when the NB was at a lower health than their target. Would suggest leaving the cost at 50 and looking into removing the stun, as increasing the cost but not touching the stun would hurt Incap where it's underperforming (PVE) while not affecting Incap where it's overperforming (using it to burst players from stealth, gankers never engage when their ult isn't up, so this change won't affect them at all.)

Also, Incap Strike was the problematic morph, due to it's guaranteed stun and higher damage, but the other morph, Soul Harvest, received the same nerf as it. Seeing as I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about Soul Harvest being OP, can you look into keeping Soul Harvest at it's current cost (50) while raising Incap's cost to 70?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wrobel Thanks for the comments! Really appreciate you taking the time to give us some input!

I'm not much for pet sorcs, mag dks, or nightblades so I'll leave any follow up to folks more experienced than I.

But for templar's, I am left wondering why the change to Blazing was made now, instead of waiting until luminous is in a better place? This leaves templars without a real effective cc in the meantime. Also for the stamina passives, I agree that the passives are super strong, but they are damage oriented whereas the bigger issue that hampers them in end-game PvE content is the lack of sustain based passives. For stamplars to have the kind of sustain in PvE that other classes have, they need to stack more recovery or rely on shards from other templars. They don't have battle roar, siphoning attacks, or dark deal. Repentance requires a condition to be met before being effective. Maybe you could give it a minor stamina steal or something to make it more effective.

@Wrobel

You stated on ESO Live that you attempt to avoid nerfing skills. Why not just buff Luminous Shard instead of nerfing Blazing Spear?