Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Dev Comments - Changes Prior to Incorporation into the Notes

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Please reconsider your 50% nerf to the Trainee set. Recommend a 20% nerf down to 2000 per stat.

In a world of so many powerful BiS sets, a stat build set is fairly vanilla and flexible to new players and veterans alike.

If you want to differentiate it from Hulking Draugr, then buff that set slightly. From 2500 max stamina to 3000.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel:

I have a suggestion you may like for resolving the Stamina Templar passives.

Why not just make Burning Light proc's restore a small portion of Stamina? Like 200 to 400 stamina.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's time to revisit Absorb Shields. The damage of the game has evolved much higher. Damage shields are to weak in the current state of PVP.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    @SwaminoNowlino Thank you for listing your questions in a concise manner!
    If you guys like responding to concise lists that have broad community support, please take a look at this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/313666/11-obvious-flaws-and-11-easy-fixes-housing/p1
    It has 30 insightful, 69 agree, and 32 awesome, and has been up for 26 days. We would love some Dev feedback.

Edited by willlienellson on February 6, 2017 9:22AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
    • We increased the cost of Strife because it was so much lower than other similar abilities such as Laval Whip or Force Shock. Note - after the cost increase Strife, it is still much lower than these abilities. This change, along with the changes to Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit were targeted at getting players to pay more attention to their resources.
    • To help with magicka Nightblade dps, we increased the damage on Path of Darkness. For pvp this ability is harder to land on moving targets. To help with landing burst damage, we increased Impale range. This moves the ability’s range from 18 to 28, thus it gets a bonus +8 on top in Cyrodiil.

Dragonkight: Burning Ember aoe
      • For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.

No offence, but this part is insulting, to put it lightly.

Edited by Anhedonie on February 6, 2017 10:45AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.

How is that not simple and quick ? It works with their special abilities, so why not with their base attacks ?
    We brought this up years ago, so I can't quite believe this. You actually mentioned that yourself in a TES Live show 2016 or 2015, can't remember.

At least allowing them to profit from elemental expert would be an important and satisfying step, to give you the time to figure it out.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino Thank you for listing your questions in a concise manner! We’ve been seeing these questions pop up a lot as well and would like to explain the direction we’re heading with some of these high profile issues. Keep in mind that there will also be more developer comments coming with the patch notes.

Templar: Removal of stun from Blazing Spear/No fix for Luminous Shard CC & lack of passives supporting Stamina Templars
    • We took the stun off of Blazing Spear and then increased it’s DoT duration to help differentiate it from Luminous Shard. We want Blazing Spear to be damage focused and Luminous to be CC focused. With Luminous we’re still working through a solution that makes this feel unique from the other CC abilities, while maintaining the functionality of effectiveness on blocking targets.
    • There is currently an issue with Luminous Shards right now we’re looking to fix where Burning Light can proc and immediately remove the disorient.
    • Because of the Restoring Light tree, Templar do have a smaller number of passives that affect stamina. The effective passives they do have are very strong such as Burning Light and Sacred Ground. We also expect stamina Templar to start using Power of the Light, which will turn on Prism. We’ll continue to monitor Templars closely with the launch of update 13.
    Nightblade: Strife cost increase when nightblade dps is overall low, Crescent Sweep performance vs Incap (Incap cost increase)
    • We increased the cost of Strife because it was so much lower than other similar abilities such as Laval Whip or Force Shock. Note - after the cost increase Strife, it is still much lower than these abilities. This change, along with the changes to Elemental Drain and Siphon Spirit were targeted at getting players to pay more attention to their resources.
    • To help with magicka Nightblade dps, we increased the damage on Path of Darkness. For pvp this ability is harder to land on moving targets. To help with landing burst damage, we increased Impale range. This moves the ability’s range from 18 to 28, thus it gets a bonus +8 on top in Cyrodiil.
    • Crescent Sweep and Incap have very similar costs, but one is AoE and the other is single target with added utility so it’s hard to compare them. For Incapacitate, we found that it was over performing and didn’t want to reduce the power of the ability. Adjusting the frequency at which the ability is used means you need to think a bit more strategically about when to use it.
    Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
    • We have been investigating different methods to have more control over what target your pets attack. We’re not ready to roll out any such changes to Daedric Prey at this time and this ability may not be the method we end up implementing something like this.
    • Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.
    • It’s not intended that pets would steal buffs or heals from players, we’ll look into this further.
    Dragonkight: Burning Ember aoe
    • For now we’re pretty happy with the changes made to DK for this update. We’ll continue to evaluate all classes with the launch of update 13.

i love how you say strife cost as been increased to be brought into line of lava whip ... you guys really are *** lava whip will also deal considerably more damage than strife honestly whoever is in charge of your balance team needs to be sacked with immediate effect.

and twisting path is all to lame

wanna effect some dps change in nightblades give crippling grasp extended duration and increase strife ... until u do every magblade in pve is done for
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to ask a question for the Dragonknights since our original question makes no sense.

Why is Wings getting nerfed? Many DK's dropped it after it was nerfed to 4 projectiles, and became unreliable, and things like poison injection were animation canceled. Now it's not even going to defend against force shock. How is this skill worth slotting anymore?
    Edited by Armitas on February 6, 2017 3:08PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Zakor wrote: »
    @Wrobel
    Thanks for your answer in this thread. I really apprecitate it. But I can't understand that you are happy with the DK in this patch. The feedback thread is full of ongoing problems. Mostly called out are our lack of good passives. Do you acknowledge that some of our passives are really bad but needed and some other are really bad and could be changed to something better easily?
    Just take "Elder Dragon" as example. Health recovery is by far the worst stat in game (except for niche builds I guess). More examples would inlcude "Eternal Mountain" and "Searing Heat". Those two do nothing than increasing duration (and damage a bit). Just include those two in the corresponding skills and give us something nice.
    Many DKs have problems with sustain and with this patch where you nerfed sources of magicka regeneration it's getting even worse. Why not add a bit sustain for us? On the other hand, a skillcost overhaul for the DK may be a solution here since all of our skills are damn expensive.
    Another thing many DKs want to see is getting back the Inferno-AoE(not burning embers) with Cauterize being a healing AoE and FoO scaling from highest stat. Could you please state if you consider this or why you won't do this?
    Thanks in advance.

DK has some of the best passives in the game what are you talking about? I can not actually believe that anyone can complain about the class now. The change to dragon blood might have been fine if they did it back when ic first launched, but with all the other small changes (inhale, burning embers) DK is going to have absurd healing.

@manny254
    Please be so kind to tell me which passives you mean and I will tell you my thinking about it. And no one talks about healing but sustain which are two completly different topics. Healing is fine with the new db.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]
    Sorcerer: No Change to Daedric Prey, No CP boosting of pets, pets stealing group buffs
    • We have been investigating different methods to have more control over what target your pets attack. We’re not ready to roll out any such changes to Daedric Prey at this time and this ability may not be the method we end up implementing something like this.
    • Having CP boost pets is a long term goal of ours – its unfortunately not a simple or quick change.
    • It’s not intended that pets would steal buffs or heals from players, we’ll look into this further.

I have no problem with pet control, and I don't want to have to slot daedric prey when I prefer not too. As for pets getting buffs and heals, I think buffs and heals should prioritize players, but I think pets should also be able to get them if there is extra to go around.

Champion points do boost magicka, which in turn boosts pets, also there is the crit chance passive, but adding something for pets would be ok.

The biggest change I would love to see is the unstable familiar (both morphs) being a one slot timed pet with a fairly long timer.

Sorcs have been nerfed a lot, I just don't want to see any changes inadvertently nerf them any more.