Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Welcome to 2017"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Welcome to 2017. Check out Game Director Matt Firor's message to learn more about what's in store for ESO in 2017.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no mention of ESO+

ok...
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom How long must the diehard fans wait for Spellcrafting? Some of us have been rather patient.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still.... Really looking forward to all this new content!
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Cookiestealer
    Cookiestealer
    ✭✭✭
    Woot! I feared a lot about DLC's, but looks like everything is ok. Thanks so much :D
    Edited by Cookiestealer on February 1, 2017 4:49PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word/insight on a potential gear cap increase? It is a huge deal for many players...
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goodbye, Murkmire... =/
  • Cookiestealer
    Cookiestealer
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Goodbye, Murkmire... =/

Why? Murkmire is still on the map.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word/insight on a potential gear cap increase? It is a huge deal for many players...

they dont say anything about, cause player would stop now farming trials,dungeons.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes it is a big deal because if it's a grind fest I fear loads will just quit Eso
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    So no mention of ESO+

ok...

That's at the very end of the article:
    After Morrowind

I've devoted a lot of space here to discuss our new content delivery strategy and how Morrowind will work. But we're doing a lot more than that – we'll have our dungeon-based DLC in Q3 and a content-based DLC in Q4. As usual, we will be selling them a la carte in the Crown Store and they will be available to ESO Plus members. We will also delve deep into Cyrodiil performance issues and provide much needed relief. And each update will come with a base patch full of bug fixes, quality of life updates, and balance changes. We'll release much more information about all of these later in the year.

Looking forward to seeing what those will be.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goodbye, Murkmire... =/

Why? Murkmire is still on the map.
    We've been waiting for the zone for 2+ years now. I keep hoping the next DLC brings it to fruition, but so far... no.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they could 20% off existing eso+ subscribers for the "chapter" dlc.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Actually just posted in another thread, but we do not plan on raising the gear cap with Morrowind.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From Kai on the German forums:

"Um es ganz deutlich zu sagen:
    Wir planen das Ausrüstungscap weder für Housing noch im Juni für Morrorwind anzuheben. Wenn/falls wir es in der Zukunft einmal anheben wurden, lassen wir es euch wissen."

"To make it clear: We are not planning to raise the armor cap with Housing or Morrowind. If or when we do in the future we will tell you."
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually just posted in another thread, but we do not plan on raising the gear cap with Morrowind.

Excellent news! Thank you for letting us know.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, spellcrafting is dead. K.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Looking forward to hearing about the Cyrodiil performance changes that Matt mentioned. Is that coming with the expansion or a later update?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance we will be able to make any of our current characters switch to the Warden class? What about increasing the character limit beyond 12?
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Each ESO Chapter will feature a self-contained story and zone that can be experienced by itself without needing to travel out to the main game."

Does it mean the main story won't continue? Is Darien lost forever? :(

Say it ain't so!
    Edited by Abeille on February 1, 2017 4:57PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that you wanted to make a big announcement for Morrowind, but if you had released a briefer version of the "year ahead" sooner, and explained the new release schedule (Dlc, chapter, dungeon, then content dlc) you could have got the hype train started right without being derailed by outrage at Morrowind being a chapter and definitely not a dlc.

As someone who has been looking forward to the "year ahead" since midway through last year, I am disappointed that you really didn't give many specific details about what is coming, what new systems you are developing or any real ideas about how you will make PVP better. Good luck this year ZOS, despite your positive review I cannot help but feel you have lost some of the community goodwill you had last year.

TLDR : I suggest ZOS make a new years resolution to tease what they are working on with the die-hard fans who live on the forums.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Welcome to 2017. Check out Game Director Matt Firor's message to learn more about what's in store for ESO in 2017.

"You can expect to see more of the standard DLC you are accustomed to, including our regular commitment to upgrading, fixing, and providing quality of life additions and fixes for the game, and much more".
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, to be honest, I always thought the new DLC every three months was very restrictive in terms of developing large chunks of content, and delivering broad system reforms. So this new release cadence makes a lot of sense from that point of view.

Notifying us upfront that the Q2 update will be a Chapter gives people amble opportunity to stop subbing for a few months if they want to save money for the paid-for Chapter.

We also now know that the Q3 DLC will be dungeon based, and will I imagine release a new dungeon for the content released in the Q2 Chapter.

All in all it makes a lot of sense and brings perspective to how things have been going the last few months.

I'm still sufficiently happy to continue subbing, at least until Morrowing launches.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom How long must the diehard fans wait for Spellcrafting? Some of us have been rather patient.

My guess is that Spellcrafting is now a Chapter thing, so next possible release time is 2Q 2018.
    Goodbye, Murkmire... =/

Murkmire could be the 4Q 2017 or 1Q 2018 DLC.

Other thoughts:
    It sounds like Orsinium would have been a Chapter, if they had that concept back then.

I am not exactly happy with having to upgrade for $40 every year, like clockwork. This is a lot more frequent than I was expecting. I figured they would have a team working on a 2 year cadence and we would get a Chapter every 2 years. This is putting a rush on this Chapter content, in my opinion. ZOS tends to leave things on the cutting room floor when they rush stuff.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    "Each ESO Chapter will feature a self-contained story and zone that can be experienced by itself without needing to travel out to the main game."

Does it mean the main story won't continue? Is Darien lost forever? :(

Say it ain't so!
    Yeah, that's kind of confusing what they said about continuing the story. Perhaps there's story related quests there that continue IN ADDITION to regular quests, and the story quests only apply if you've finished the main storyline (such as when the Prophet appears).
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brilliant! This sound very positive! :) Great plans and well structured changes!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Marvos
    Marvos
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So does this mean that we are getting expansion packs every year?
    Edited by Marvos on February 1, 2017 5:06PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance we will be able to make any of our current characters switch to the Warden class? What about increasing the character limit beyond 12?

I'm going to be honest here.

I am not usually a fan of of such mechanism, but would happily pay £15 to change my main to a Warden once Morrowind launches.

I mean even unlocking Mount Upgrades on a new toon will take half a year, I'd seriously like to avoid that if possible. Skill points don't bother me as much, there's plenty of them to earn as you level a new toon.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is a Class Change even possible with the game architecture as it stands? If it is not them please just put us out of our misery now so we can have time to adjust before Morrowind.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murkmire could be the 4Q 2017 or 1Q 2018 DLC.

Other thoughts: It sounds like Orsinium would have been a Chapter, if they had that concept back then.

I am not exactly happy with having to upgrade for $40 every year, like clockwork. This is a lot more frequent than I was expecting. I figured they would have a team working on a 2 year cadence and we would get a Chapter every 2 years. This is putting a rush on this Chapter content, in my opinion. ZOS tends to leave things on the cutting room floor when they rush stuff.
    I've been waiting for Murkmire since it was announced, but it's fallen by the wayside.

And yeah, I imagine Wrothgar would have been a Chapter. I think that ZOS overestimated development time for major zones and the time it needs to produce high quality quests. I'm fine with a yearly expansion so long as the quality is there, and it contains at least ONE Wrothgar sized zone or multiple smaller zones. The 4th quarter DLC is the one I'm curious about. Is it a zone? Is it just a quest pack? Is it a trial?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Looking forward to hearing about the Cyrodiil performance changes that Matt mentioned. Is that coming with the expansion or a later update?

Neither - you can expect to see some changes to Cyrodiil before Morrowind. We'll give everyone more details a little later, and will give certainly everyone a heads up before any changes occur.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dream96
    Dream96
    ✭✭
    Do you plan to test this new chapter on the pts before the release? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Arcane Master