The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Welcome to 2017"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom How long must the diehard fans wait for Spellcrafting? Some of us have been rather patient.
    My guess is that Spellcrafting is now a Chapter thing, so next possible release time is 2Q 2018.
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Goodbye, Murkmire... =/
    Murkmire could be the 4Q 2017 or 1Q 2018 DLC.

Other thoughts:
    It sounds like Orsinium would have been a Chapter, if they had that concept back then.

I am not exactly happy with having to upgrade for $40 every year, like clockwork. This is a lot more frequent than I was expecting. I figured they would have a team working on a 2 year cadence and we would get a Chapter every 2 years. This is putting a rush on this Chapter content, in my opinion. ZOS tends to leave things on the cutting room floor when they rush stuff.
    Agreed. $40 a year is quite a lot for pumping into the same game if you're also paying ESO Plus. 2 years for the Chapter cadence to allow an Orsinium-sized DLC into Q2 of the off year would be preferable, and make ESO Plus more worthwhile.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue: I don't want to reroll each summer when a new class is released with a Chapter.

Nobody needs to re-roll. There are two extra character slots available in the Crown Store with Morrowind. Doubtless others will be added later.
    Edited by Tandor on February 1, 2017 6:09PM
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    I can't believe that after we've been clamoring for ages for an additional character class there are people who just want to switch their fully-developed character to the new class instantly rather than play through it with a new character and actually learn about the different skill-lines as they unfold.

The whole world is leveled. We can learn about the new class with our existing characters. All they have to do is making the class skill lines have no progress once you change classes.

Some of us have characters that would have been Wardens since the beginning if that was an option. I'll reroll and lose all my progress towards Master Angler on one of the characters, which is pretty bad but won't stop me from doing so, but imagine someone who has one character. One character who is high ranked on PvP, who is a Master Crafter with all motifs including the ones that were time-limited Crown Store exclusives, who has several achievements. Rerolling that character would suck, and the option would be to never main a Warden, even if you wanted Warden from the start.

This, my Frostmage can finally be a real Frostmage!!! He is 60/60/60 completed his main story and has some maxed crafting, MG and FG skill/story lines.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue: I don't want to reroll each summer when a new class is released with a Chapter.

Nobody needs to re-roll. There are two extra character slots available in the Crown Store with Morrowind. Doubtless others will be added later.

New character slots are okay for people who do not care if a certain character is of a certain class, and just want to play a new class regardless.

That's not true for everybody. Again, some of us made characters with builds in mind that would work much, MUCH better with the Warden class skills than with their current class, and they would have been made Wardens if we had this class since the beginning.

Offering a class change token for purchase is reasonable.

I will need to reroll 2 characters. Yes, need. Because what I wanted to do with him when I made them is now made possible with the Warden.
    Edited by Abeille on February 1, 2017 6:13PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭

Watched the announcement yesterday and read the article and loved what I saw and heard. I love the idea of having expansions every year. I want to see a full Tamriel map. Love the fact that new classes are coming, would have loved there being more at the start. Just hope that you give us the chance to make our character list bigger, from like 12 to 15 or more. The only thing that has really disappointed me about ESO vs. all the prior TES games was the fact that I could make a true warrior without the need of ever having to use magic. That is something I really miss. Don't care about spell crafting, it was never any big thrill in the other TES games. I do love the direction your going ESO, just fix those annoying bugs. Like not being able to log-out on the starter islands. And if you could, please try to come up with a standardized headset for PC like they have for XB1. I'd play all the time on XB1if it could handle the game, but the constant freezes,crashes,graphics-melt, etc, is to much. And the lack of add-ons. I don't group much on PC because of the lack of a headset. Some people use TeamSpeak some use Discord, and I can't figure out how to get either one to work. Love the game, keep up the good work.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

I'm sorry but the DLC delivery cadence as you guys call it is a sad attempt at covering up a new money making scheme.

Nobody is forcing you to be an E+ subscriber. The game won't kick you out. If you are a subscriber because of the DLC content - you're totally wrong. It's easier and more cost effective to just buy the crowns (esp. on the sales day) and buy the DLCs yourself. Further, you are subscribing every month for a DLC that comes every 3+ or so months. You are wasting your own money if you think like that.

What E+ does offer are all other things. First and foremost - the crafting bag. That feature is worth every single $. Then, you get 1,5k of crowns per month to spend willingly on anything you want. You don't have to spend it on DLCs, you have a piece of mind. All DLCs unlocked. Then you have all other cosmetic colouring stuff, 10% xp boost and so on. Last but not least, you know that with E+ you are supporting the game you love and care about.

THAT is what makes E+ worth, not DLCs.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I'll prob just drop the game till Morrowind. ESO+ isn't worth keeping up with. Just use ESO+ while completing the Morrowind "chapter" and drop it again, wait for the next one. It's not a hard concept.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    This year will feature four major events:

1.Homestead, our player housing DLC, in February
    2.ESO: Morrowind, our first Chapter release, in June
    3.A dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter
    4.A content-based DLC in the fourth quarter

Mmmm, ZOS logic: we will suck your money from your pack like in WOW (Expansion Pack), EVE (subscribe), f2p MMO (every f2p MMO with real store)

Homestead is DLC for all (what? half of year without content for ESO+? Nice!), Morrowind (looks like a one zone with some class (pay2win) for 40$, NICE!), more useless dungeons for one time completing? Nice! (Shadow Of The Hist), ??? (one more free for all DLC?). Why you so greedy ZOS? Maybe its time for think about players, not your cash? Unsub already and never will pay for some content in this game, which ruined by devs. Thanks for wasted time!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that after we've been clamoring for ages for an additional character class there are people who just want to switch their fully-developed character to the new class instantly rather than play through it with a new character and actually learn about the different skill-lines as they unfold. It's not like you've got to repeat old content for it all, there's the whole of Morrowind to tackle from character creation onwards.

If I could start a new character and mostly level it with the new zone, I'd be happy to. But leveling isn't the issue, it's skyshards, lorebooks, grinding zombies for Fighter's Guild and -- for those of us sick of doing dungeons -- the nastiest grind of all, Undaunted. People who hate PvP likely don't want to head back to Cyrodiil just to get skills like Warhorn and Vigor.

And if you want to level Soul Magic, you have to do the main quest all the way through. Which I've done 9 times already. Snore.

I have an ice templar I'd love to turn into a Warden, then use the new content to level up the Warden skill lines.
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    WOW, what a slap in the face to loyal ESO+ subscribers.

Q2 2016- content update
    Q3 2016- 2 dungeons (patethic really)
    Q4 2016- no paid content
    Q1 2017- no paid content
    Q2 2017- chapter ( pay ontop of your ESO+)
    Q3 2017- 2 more dungeons??? (Again pathetic)
    Q4 2017- content update
    So a loyal ESO+ subscriber will have paid roughly €180 for a years membership from Q3 to Q3 and recieved no DLC. .
    So from the last decent content of Q2 2016 till the next decent content inQ4 2017 ESO+ members will have paid roughly €270 for 4 dungeons.

Talk about destroying the value of membership

'What he said'
    ESO+ subscriptions has become a total ripoff and to announce that you will continue to adding 2 crappy dungeons "every" Q3 and try to pass they off as real DLCs is really disappointing. I'm cancelling my sub today I'm tried of getting ripoff and I would encourage others to do the same until they restore "real value" to ESO+.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I want to be sure that the awesomeness that is Homestead – the ESO player housing system – doesn't get lost in the excitement about Morrowind."

Then wait until after Homestead to announce Morrowind, genius.

"ESO is a game unlike any other."

No. Not really. It's still a pretty average theme park with gopher quests.

"we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year."

ESO changes its delivery cadence every single year. It's going to change next year. To what? Considering I said it would be stupid to do any boxed retail expansions, apparently I just have to think up the next really dumb idea that shouldn't happen.

"As for Cyrodiil: we know that performance (both server and client) is often not up to par, to put it mildly."

Sugar coating it isn't winning you any fans.

"coupled with some of the balance issues and bugs that are still present, result in an often-frustrating experience for some players."

No. It's all players. Some of us just don't announce to the world that we spent two minutes in Cyrodiil before retreating from the red 999+.

Look, I enjoy the game as a very medium entertainment. It's colorful enough to keep me, but brainless enough that I can do work on my laptop while playing on my PC. It's like a Lifetime movie starring Rachael Leigh Cook or Lacey Chabert. Recognizable, but not exactly something I would brag about.

So ESO team, never forget your mediumness. It's what going to simultaneously prevent you from either failing or reaching your full potential.
    signing off
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS Mind: Haha, this idiots with subs believe our promises again, lets take more money from them and cheat them again in next year, or in this year...maybe
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »

Q2 2016- content update
    Q4 2016- no paid content
    Q1 2017- no paid content
    Q4 2017- content update
    So a loyal ESO+ subscriber will have paid roughly €180 for a years membership from Q3 to Q3 and recieved no DLC. .
    So from the last decent content of Q2 2016 till the next decent content inQ4 2017 ESO+ members will have paid roughly €270 for 4 dungeons.

'What he said'
    ESO+ subscriptions has become a total ripoff and to announce that you will continue to adding 2 crappy dungeons "every" Q3 and try to pass they off as real DLCs is really disappointing. I'm cancelling my sub today I'm tried of getting ripoff and I would encourage others to do the same until they restore "real value" to ESO+.

Yeah, given Firor's one-Chapter-per-year comment, slimmer benefits to ESO Plus over the next 12 months, and no ESO Plus loyalty program for Chapters, I think I will get off the ESO Plus train and use my crowns to buy the DLC that I care about. 180° direction change for me over the last couple of hours.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I am understanding this correctly.

ESO+ will still gain access to DLC's released 3x per year.
    Additional chapters will have to be purchased (at minimum) for £30 extra a year.

Although I'm not super enraged it does seem like with the additional £30 a year on chapters ESO+ is being devalued a lot.

£83.88/year for ESO+ (free DLC)
    £29.99/year for new chapters.
    Total Cost: £113.87

£32.98/year for 7,000 Crowns (Based on rough estimate from current pricing 1st DLC [Large 3,000 Crowns], 2nd DLC [Small 2,000 Crowns], Dungeon DLC [1,500 Crowns])
    Total Cost: £62.97

That's almost double the cost with ESO+ for 10% bonuses, materials bag & extra furniture spaces and 18,000 crowns to spend in the store.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

I'm sorry but the DLC delivery cadence as you guys call it is a sad attempt at covering up a new money making scheme.

Nobody is forcing you to be an E+ subscriber. The game won't kick you out. If you are a subscriber because of the DLC content - you're totally wrong. It's easier and more cost effective to just buy the crowns (esp. on the sales day) and buy the DLCs yourself. Further, you are subscribing every month for a DLC that comes every 3+ or so months. You are wasting your own money if you think like that.

What E+ does offer are all other things. First and foremost - the crafting bag. That feature is worth every single $. Then, you get 1,5k of crowns per month to spend willingly on anything you want. You don't have to spend it on DLCs, you have a piece of mind. All DLCs unlocked. Then you have all other cosmetic colouring stuff, 10% xp boost and so on. Last but not least, you know that with E+ you are supporting the game you love and care about.

THAT is what makes E+ worth, not DLCs.

You're right, no one is forcing us to be ESO+ members - and many of us will continue to be ESO+ members anyway specifically because we love the game and want to support it, and because we like the craft bag.

The problem is that it sure feels like Zeni/Bethesda is reneging on an agreement that we made in becoming ESO+ members, and that doesn't feel good. That is, we were supposed to get major quarterly paid content updates that we would have access to. And yet, from the third quarter of 2016 to the third quarter of 2017 (that is one whole year) ESO+ members will not get any access to new paid content for their subscription. So, in essence, for one year we will have paid $170 or so for access to the craft bag, and dying equipment. That feels steep.

Even though we're likely going to keep our ESO+ accounts, because we do love the game, maybe some people would have made a different financial decision if they'd known they were paying $170 for craft bag + supporting the game, and would additionally need to spend another $40 - $60 for the new content they thought they'd already paid for.

If they decided to go forward like this in the future, that's fine, but lots of people have already paid and they're not getting their money back. Not to mention, it just feels sideways for them to act like this is a 'small' change to the agreement and development cycle.

I think that's the poster's point.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    So if I am understanding this correctly.

ESO+ will still gain access to DLC's released 3x per year.
    Additional chapters will have to be purchased (at minimum) for £30 extra a year.

Although I'm not super enraged it does seem like with the additional £30 a year on chapters ESO+ is being devalued a lot.

£83.88/year for ESO+ (free DLC)
    Total Cost: £113.87

£32.98/year for 7,000 Crowns (Based on rough estimate from current pricing 1st DLC [Large 3,000 Crowns], 2nd DLC [Small 2,000 Crowns], Dungeon DLC [1,500 Crowns])
    Total Cost: £62.97

That's almost double the cost with ESO+ for 10% bonuses, materials bag & extra furniture spaces and 18,000 crowns to spend in the store.

i dont think that you need ESO+ for Homestead (lol), and next DLCs can be free for all too, then you will pay 83.88 eu for craftbag and dyeing suits, haha.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Q2 2016- content update
    Q4 2016- no paid content
    Q1 2017- no paid content
    Q4 2017- content update

'What he said'

What Matt has said was:

1) DLC
    2) Chapter
    3) Dungeon
    4) DLC

With ESO+ you get 2 DLCs + Dungeons for free per year. Just because One Tamriel & Housing was free for everyone, doesn't mean every single year will be like that. Those two updates were long needed patches (esp. One Tamriel) and finally executed.
    Further, ESO+ is not 180 eur but 132 per year.

Sometimes I truly question the intelligence or sincerity of some forum posters.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭

Q2 2016- content update
    Q4 2016- no paid content
    Q1 2017- no paid content
    Q4 2017- content update

'What he said'

What Matt has said was:

1) DLC
    2) Chapter
    3) Dungeon
    4) DLC

With ESO+ you get 2 DLCs + Dungeons for free per year. Just because One Tamriel & Housing was free for everyone, doesn't mean every single year will be like that. Those two updates were long needed patches (esp. One Tamriel) and finally executed.

Homestead is free DLC for all, omg, previous DLC was OT - ffa too, then subs dont get any access for any content like a one year, and next "DLC" can be for Morrowind (hoho, great) which will buy not all members, bcz they dont want to pay more money for this
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is that chapters feel like they are mandatory upgrades if you wish to play the game long term, while smaller DLCs allow you to pick and choose freely. I do not own Dark Brotherhood or Shadows of the Hist. And I am fine with that. I chose the DLCs that I wanted.

The price of all DLC in 2016 was 5500c (55 USD if we assume 1500c = 15 USD)

It's considerably cheaper than the 180 USD/year we would be playing if subscriptions were still in place.

With the new Chapter system in place, we'd be looking at around 5000-6000c and 40 USD. That adds up to 100 dollars a year to experience all content.

From $55/year to $100/year... it is quite a jump. I'd strongly prefer if Chapters came every 2 years, rather than every year.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭

Q2 2016- content update
    Q4 2016- no paid content
    Q1 2017- no paid content
    Q4 2017- content update

'What he said'

What Matt has said was:

1) DLC
    2) Chapter
    3) Dungeon
    4) DLC

ESO+ members don't get them for free, they are paid for.

ESO+ is €13x12 months = €156. The roughly €180 is because the Q3 releases may be in differant months meaning they could be 14 months apart.

Going forward it may be ok value( far from great) but it doesn't change the fact it will be 12 months of ESO+ subscription with no paid new content, and the only content of value having to be paid for on top of ESO+
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it might be worth considering retiring the ESO+ model. Since its inception ZOS has tried to make it more appealing, and this recent change puts all their efforts back several degrees.

What I could see happening is offering a "season pass" with each chapter purchase that includes all 3 upcoming DLCs before the next chapter releases. So when I buy a chapter with that offer, I actually feel I'm set for the year until the next expansion comes along.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    It is hard to complain with all the interesting and highly requested content coming over the next 5-6 months. All these things take time, but some things I would like to see also come about this year are just general quality of life fixes:
    • Game Performance - Firor's year ahead discussed this and I hope 2017 is finally the year
    • Console UI Improvements (text filters for traders + inventory and buff + debuff trackers probably are top requested)

Get these two things right along with the content you guys are pumping out, and this game will continue to have success. Thanks again! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by VelociousLegend on February 1, 2017 7:07PM
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the clarity and honesty on this article, and generally this is a good change, with good news overall.

I do have some concerns though. Firstly, Subs seems to be getting less and less worth it. 4 DLCs a year has become 3, with one being instanced content only. If SOTH was anything to go by, it's barely a DLC at all.

Secondly, it seems that most stuff will be paylocked, even future QOL stuff like spellcrafting. While they mentioned the base game will continue to be supported, I hope there aren't too many paywalls segregating content and systems present. But overall, a nice change from the days where the devs never responded to us.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Welcome to 2017. Check out Game Director Matt Firor's message to learn more about what's in store for ESO in 2017.

This one puts it straight, we love you ZOS, this game is marvelous, seriously :smiley: !!!

May your claws stay sharp
    Maoimii
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    So yearly $40 'chapters' with little more content than past DLCs..yea nah

ZOS is becoming EA
    Edited by Kendo12 on February 1, 2017 7:09PM
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    Kendo12 wrote: »
    So yearly $40 'chapters' with little more content than past DLCs..yea nah

ZOS is becoming EA

lol, EA is not so greedy like ZOS
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though we're likely going to keep our ESO+ accounts, because we do love the game, maybe some people would have made a different financial decision if they'd known they were paying $170 for craft bag + supporting the game, and would additionally need to spend another $40 - $60 for the new content they thought they'd already paid for.

As I already said, One Tamriel was a long needed patch that changed the core mechanics of the game. It was a special patch for everyone that addressed the foundation of the leveling and playing together, added duels, loads of armour sets and so many other stuff. It was worth much more than every single DLC to date, my opinion, but still it was offered for free.

Homestead - again, a huge housing DLC, long needed and also offered free for everyone.
    Only one of those was a DLC (Homestead), One Tamriel was a huge basegame patch. Both are exception rather than norm. With the housing done, ESO will finally be complete. The team will finally have time to move on and create other stuff. Hence Matt's future projections and paid DLC content.

E+ subscribers didn't lose anything. Even though Housing DLC was free, they still got quality updates AND the crowns. 1500 crowns cost 13 eur, 6month ESO+ subscription costs 11 EUR/mo. Is that a ripoff? What are you all talking about?

Further, you can subscribe for 6 months at max. Please don't tell me people lost years and millions because there wasn't a paid content from One Tamriel to Homestead. Even if some of you in their twisted minds felt cheated and betrayed by ZOS - well, you could've cancelled the subscription months ago. None is subscribed for a year. None. One Tamriel was announced and released months ago. Same with Homestead. And like I said, the amount of Crowns you get as a 6 month subscriber, exceeds the Crown value bought at 1500 per month.

And it's not only that. Some people are really either stupid or just stubbornly mean.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @lordrichter I've been disagreeing with you over the last few days (mostly I kept it to myself though ;) ) but this - I really couldn't have said it better myself. It's disheartening to realize our DLC future is Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood and Shadows of the Hist - per year. Outside of full expansions, which I'm not quite sure I agree on - as I'm thinking the same as you... maybe Orsinium would have been slated a chapter if they had thrown a new class in with it.
    My problem with Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as "content" is that I'm required to grind, grind, grind, grind to get up levels within the ranks of the guilds to access said content. Being forced to grind is something Korean MMOs do, not American ones. If I want story why do I have to wait days/weeks of grinding annoying mini-quests to get to it? Why not make the story accessible and instead making the grinds more challenging and rewarding for those who want to do it?

I mean, at least if we're going to go this route let's take it as a "1 story mission, 2 grinds, 1 story mission..." or give us some indication of how far we have to go to get the next story chapter. These were disappointing design decisions in a game that's all about story first. The grindwall should be about gear, not content.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭

As I already said, One Tamriel was a long needed patch that changed the core mechanics of the game. It was a special patch for everyone that addressed the foundation of the leveling and playing together, added duels, loads of armour sets and so many other stuff. It was worth much more than every single DLC to date, my opinion, but still it was offered for free.

Homestead - again, a huge housing DLC, long needed and also offered free for everyone.
    Only one of those was a DLC (Homestead), One Tamriel was a huge basegame patch. Both are exception rather than norm. With the housing done, ESO will finally be complete. The team will finally have time to move on and create other stuff. Hence Matt's future projections and paid DLC content.

E+ subscribers didn't lose anything. Even though Housing DLC was free, they still got quality updates AND the crowns. 1500 crowns cost 13 eur, 6month ESO+ subscription costs 11 EUR/mo. Is that a ripoff? What are you all talking about?

Further, you can subscribe for 6 months at max. Please don't tell me people lost years and millions because there wasn't a paid content from One Tamriel to Homestead. Even if some of you in their twisted minds felt cheated and betrayed by ZOS - well, you could've cancelled the subscription months ago. None is subscribed for a year. None. One Tamriel was announced and released months ago. Same with Homestead. And like I said, the amount of Crowns you get as a 6 month subscriber, exceeds the Crown value bought at 1500 per month.

And it's not only that. Some people are really either stupid or just stubbornly mean.

then lets make free for all everytime, lets subs waste their money for craftbag, this games needs in all DLCs, then it must be free (by your stupid logic)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I think it might be worth considering retiring the ESO+ model. Since its inception ZOS has tried to make it more appealing, and this recent change puts all their efforts back several degrees.
    All Zenimax has to do is bring back subscriber rewards, and every 3 months... viola! Suddenly ESO Plus is interesting again and worth subbing to in addition to all the perks you get, subscriber rewards will allow people to show the age of their account, long they've been "loyal" and give them a chance to feel rewarded with the DLC change.

I mean, other games do it. This gamed used to do it. Make it a thing again.