Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imagine if the 2H had Destro passives

  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.
    Imagine 2h having same-way useful for pvp skills with those passives.
    Derra wrote: »
    2h has pretty nice passives themselves.

    Mace - Ignore 20% of armor on all skills not just 2h.
    Axe - Massive dot bleed
    Sword - 5% dmg increase on all skills.

    Straight 20% cost reduction on skills

    10% dmg boost on heavy attacks.
    30% stam recovery boost for 10s after killing an enemy.

    2h isn't exactly lacking for very strong skills.

    Yeah but let's be honest. No one goes through Cyrodiil spamming cleave so the 5% additional damage to AoEs is not utilized.

    But it does buff all aoe's including dawnbreaker

    So one attack? I'm just saying that the additional 8% for ST would be more utilized by far.

    Yeah so it's 3% more on single target, but 2h have higher base dmg than staffs anyway.

    How much more are we talking? I'm at the gym, otherwise I'd check myself.

    2hand sword gold weapon damage is 1571 and staff is 1335

    So thats 236 unbuffed extra dmg.

    If we add brutality its 283 extra wpn dmg. We'll ignore other class passives and fighters guild for now.

    The actual % this increases depends on the users stats, the higher they are the lower actual % dps increase this is.

    Lets take a normal build of like 35k stamina and 3500 weapon dmg.

    Convert the stamina to weapon dmg in a 10:1 ratio e.g. 1000 stamina = 100 wpn dmg (it's actually 1050 or something but for simplicity sake)

    So this build would have the equivilant of 7000 weapon dmg.

    283 extra weapon dmg would equal 283/7000 x 100 = 4.04% damage increase (e.g. boosts tooltips by 4.04%) so just 4%

    So the dmg is roughly the same even with the inferno buff, a 2h sword (if we add the 5% passive) will have the same or more increased dmg to everything while a inferno will only increase single target by 8%.

    True, but keep this in mind: 10% of 18.5k is 1,850 spell resistance which equates to a 3% damage increase. With this in mind, destro outperforms the 2H ST damage by 4%. And considering the fact that magicka already outperforms stamina drastically in terms of AoE, and Survivability; this is not remotely balanced.

    2h is simply a utility pvp weaponline where pve dmg comparisons have no place.
    Also destro passives (apart from 8% dmg increase) are still tied to destro abilities (resource return and pierce).

    2h offers a burstheal. 2h offers the best gapcloser (apart from ambush). 2h offers a decent spammable attack that also ccs. 2h offers the best finisher.

    It is one of the worst abilities in the game. And that burst heal can only be used effectively once every 15 seconds.
    If your stats are complete trash maybe, in fact it's strong enough after 5s of ticking, add vigor and roll and it's not that bad in comparison to destro staff healing capabilities.
    Tasty
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.
    Edited by DragonBound on January 31, 2017 2:47PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.

    No rules. But my comments and supposedly the comments of the person I was talking to, were about pvp. I haven't mentioned pve, as I personally, think everyone can excel at pve without many problems.
    Edited by Dracane on January 31, 2017 3:02PM
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.

    No rules. But my comments and supposedly the comments of the person I was talking to, were about pvp. I haven't mentioned pve, as I personally, think everyone can excel at pve without many problems.

    Because of this comment you made, Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp which my comment fits perfectly, and no it does not at endgame compared to magicka.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.

    No rules. But my comments and supposedly the comments of the person I was talking to, were about pvp. I haven't mentioned pve, as I personally, think everyone can excel at pve without many problems.

    Because of this comment you made, Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp which my comment fits perfectly, and no it does not at endgame compared to magicka.

    As I said before, I have to admit, that I barely care for the state of pve. I am a solo player and don't like the idea of relying on 11 other people in order to complete a trial.

    I care for pvp, where stamina is currently beast and will remain strong after this update.
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.

    No rules. But my comments and supposedly the comments of the person I was talking to, were about pvp. I haven't mentioned pve, as I personally, think everyone can excel at pve without many problems.

    Because of this comment you made, Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp which my comment fits perfectly, and no it does not at endgame compared to magicka.

    As I said before, I have to admit, that I barely care for the state of pve. I am a solo player and don't like the idea of relying on 11 other people in order to complete a trial.

    I care for pvp, where stamina is currently beast and will remain strong after this update.

    Ahhhh I understand, I am just explaining what the current issue is, I do pvp and I am glad we have good build diversity in pvp, zos has done a good job with that but we really need it for pve as well, to be honest if your in a great guild you will find you get to know those 11 people quite well and will not mind relying on them.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the greatsword did 8% extra single target damage AND ignored 10% of your opponent's armor? If only stamina were so lucky.

    Destro has better passives but 2hand has better abilities at least PvP wise. Destro has the better ultimate. It seems pretty balanced

    Rally is fantastic I agree, but Force Pulse is way better than Uppercut. Wall of Elements is also Superior to Cleave, and Flame Reach is an excellent CC.

    I would say that the 2H has 3 good moves; whereas the Destro has 4. Not a significant difference, but I wouldn't say that the 2H has the superior moveset.

    2 handers moveset is more appealing for pvp though, it offers exactly what you need. Burst and an execute and a strong gap closer. Dps is not that helpfull in pvp, which destruction staff is entirely made of.

    It's really nothing more than an addition to your class skills, destruction staff abilities are not independant. While 2 hander abilities definately are, you can rely soloely on them.
    Please keep in mind, that elemental storm is excluded from all the points that I have made.

    But people should stop acting like 8% more damage is going to make such a huge difference (where you have to decide between Aoe and single target, so not an overall 8%)
    It's a good feeling for sure, but it will not increase their damage by an amount you're going to notice. Destruction staff really needed this in my opinion, staves should empower magic, not dual wield.

    Though I do not disagree with your point about staves vs DW. Where should stamina excel? Because as it stands if you succeed while being stam you deserve an applause. Stam used to have the ST niche, but now that's gone. We have crap AoE, and crap survivability.

    How is that remotely balanced? Is the game balanced in the magicka community's eyes when stam is feces in comparison? Because it sure does look that way.

    How do you come to this statement hun ? I mean, it's well known, that stamina was reigning supreme for quite some time now. This reign was a bit overshadowed, since elemental storm became more and more popular and drove many people to run magicka builds for this.

    Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp and still enjoys benefits, that magicka isn't able to profit from. For example a danger free use of all ressource pools.

    But elemental storm is also getting nerfed by 15%. Though this only hits solo magicka players who needed it to stand a chance vs several opponents. Zergs will, sadly, barely notice the difference. So the only real reason why magicka excels in pvp, is Templars and elemental storm.

    So it is ok for everyone to be running around in staffs in pve with hardly any build diversity? That is basically what your saying, who cares of stamina is good in pvp, so is magicka especially after the frost staff changes, people want diversity not this one meta crap, people do not want to play clones in mmorpgs, they want different builds lol.

    Wasn't this discussion about pvp ?

    Clearly not since people want to say its ok stamina is not performing in pve and good in pvp, and no I do not believe there was rules about this topic being only in pvp since these passives would effect pve as well clearly.

    No rules. But my comments and supposedly the comments of the person I was talking to, were about pvp. I haven't mentioned pve, as I personally, think everyone can excel at pve without many problems.

    Because of this comment you made, Stamina is getting turned down next patch, but it still excells in pvp. Stamina is still great in pvp which my comment fits perfectly, and no it does not at endgame compared to magicka.

    As I said before, I have to admit, that I barely care for the state of pve. I am a solo player and don't like the idea of relying on 11 other people in order to complete a trial.

    I care for pvp, where stamina is currently beast and will remain strong after this update.

    Ahhhh I understand, I am just explaining what the current issue is, I do pvp and I am glad we have good build diversity in pvp, zos has done a good job with that but we really need it for pve as well, to be honest if your in a great guild you will find you get to know those 11 people quite well and will not mind relying on them.

    That's true. I could use such a guild.
    But I never got along with the same people for so long and I would only do trials to get the achievements, I don't care for leaderboards too much. I just hope, they can satisfy everyone and make everyone happy eventually.
    Follow her on Instagram: dracane_diamandis

    https://www.instagram.com/dracane_diamandis

    Auri-El is my lord !
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is that stamina is not naturally good; magicka is. The way ZOS buffs stamina is with gimicks. We wanted better PvE DPS so ZOS came out with some broken daggers that will take people hours to farm. We wanted to be more competitive in PvP so ZOS produce these stupid proc sets. Now that the Maelstrom daggers have been nerfed, as well as the proc sets; we can see stamina how it truly is; which is underwhelming. I personally thought the Incap nerf was a slap in the face considering there's abilities like Crescent Sweep out that; which is better, and has the same cost. I hope one day the remove stealth damage in PvP so that ZOS can give stamblades some much-deserved love.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol 2H is the least of stamina's problems
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
Sign In or Register to comment.