Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is the worst patch since the game's release

• Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    For months we were promised with a strong Housing system and balance changes. Here is what we got:

- Super grindy housing system that offers no functionality. Not even extra inventory space (what the hell else is a house for?)
    - Negligible, half-assed balance changes that do not change a thing
    - No new real content

Housing is a joke. PvE is still Elder Staves Online. PvP is nothing but zergs running around with Destro ult, unkillable Templars, and Proc sets. Stupid ideas like Frost Staff tanking get implemented for the new "Warden" class. Maybe instead of making another class, you should actually do some class balancing like you promised. Maybe instead of going through with these horribly thought out ideas, you should actually listen to the player base for once.

The players get neglected once again in favor of money grabbing and short-sightedness. When your quarterly updates become this bad, this is how MMOs die.

New classes? Oh I'm so hyped for that! #itscomingonthenewpatch2k17 (sarcasm)

The frost tanking is laughable. Its a mechanic implemented not for optimal end game but for fun really (just like Petbuilds and sorcerers). The update doesn't offer new content and doesn't solve a bunch of issues. But hey, much rather keep getting updates that try to fix things little by little, rather than have no fixes at all
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Housing with costs so sky high that only those willing to throw hundreds of dollars away in the Crown Store, or millions of gold coins and hours upon end of grinding for mats can participate in it.
    • Furnishing so expensive that it reveals itself as a blatant push into the Crown Store.
    • Master Crafter writs, in its conception one of the most interesting and exciting new features for crafters, but in reality just a huge waste of legendary gold materials.
    • Crafting stations, that after a huge grind and expense turn out to be nothing more than what you can reach by spending 2 minutes traveling the overland map.
    • Houses, huge manors, which turn out to be nothing more than copy/pastas of the houses we already see everywhere else in the game, walled in behind huge prison walls with a tiny stamp of outdoor space and a majority of bugs in terms of lighting and disappearing furniture.
    • Balancing patch which turns out to be nothing but buffs to those who didn't need them, and nerfs to those who didn't need them either.
    • So-called "magDK" patch which does nothing for the magDKs.
    • Frost staff tanking that no one wanted, no one cared for, and which will eventually call for nerfs to other areas, simply for having too much OP in a PvP environment, while no usage at all in a PvE environment.

As much as I enjoyed seeing the ESO team present at your latest live episode (shoutout to the art designer dude, you were awesome), I just cannot find much enthusiasm for this newest update you're presenting.
    Once again, your combat design team flopped, while your finances department managed to make everything about housing and furnishing appear as nothing but a huge cash grab.

The only, only thing keeping me in this game right now is the prospect of the Vvardenfell DLC this year. And you better not *** that one up, you hear?
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited for this batch. Loving the dk changes. Lots of sets balanced. Its a great START and by the way theyve "listened" to the community on a variety of things shows it could really be a great promise of things to come. Ive been around since launch. NEVER as far as i can remember have they ever tried to change things they planned to launch like this update. They took alot of the communities feedback and worked and reworked several things to make them better. Yes not everyones happy, yes theres still alot to do. But its a great update that I see will hopefully become the start of a new direction with eso.

As far as everything else goes... housing is just getting started. Youd be surprised just hoe many of is dont give two poos for storage in housing. We could take it or leave it. But its going to be something that grows and gets better. Lets complain and focus our minds else were instea dod knocking the progress they are making. We need better server stability, more focus on PvP (BATTLEGROUNDS PLEASE), and some more great end game content for pve.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Staves Online made me chuckle
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    • Housing with costs so sky high that only those willing to throw hundreds of dollars away in the Crown Store, or millions of gold coins and hours upon end of grinding for mats can participate in it.
    • Furnishing so expensive that it reveals itself as a blatant push into the Crown Store.
    • Master Crafter writs, in its conception one of the most interesting and exciting new features for crafters, but in reality just a huge waste of legendary gold materials.
    • Crafting stations, that after a huge grind and expense turn out to be nothing more than what you can reach by spending 2 minutes traveling the overland map.
    • Houses, huge manors, which turn out to be nothing more than copy/pastas of the houses we already see everywhere else in the game, walled in behind huge prison walls with a tiny stamp of outdoor space and a majority of bugs in terms of lighting and disappearing furniture.
    • Balancing patch which turns out to be nothing but buffs to those who didn't need them, and nerfs to those who didn't need them either.
    • So-called "magDK" patch which does nothing for the magDKs.
    • Frost staff tanking that no one wanted, no one cared for, and which will eventually call for nerfs to other areas, simply for having too much OP in a PvP environment, while no usage at all in a PvE environment.

As much as I enjoyed seeing the ESO team present at your latest live episode (shoutout to the art designer dude, you were awesome), I just cannot find much enthusiasm for this newest update you're presenting.
    Once again, your combat design team flopped, while your finances department managed to make everything about housing and furnishing appear as nothing but a huge cash grab.

The only, only thing keeping me in this game right now is the prospect of the Vvardenfell DLC this year. And you better not *** that one up, you hear?

Perhaps no usage, but doesn't that work with everything? Like motifs? I personally WILL spend hours and hours of gathering gold without even noticing (selling on guild traders, vendoring useless poison and potion waters, at 800k of it so should be enough). And I will enjoy housing, because I like the Roleplay aspect of it. Youre a person which goes for optimal things rather than vanity and such (or so it seems like you are?). Other people will purposefully spend hours on character creation, hours on dying armours, because that's who they are. ZoS doesn't want to only appeal one type of people, theyre trying to appeal everyone
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Heavy will still be the meta
    > Destro ult still gonna be used in pvp over other ults for bombing
    > Pet sorcs still the strongest 1v1 class
    > Magblades nerfed for no reason for pvp (relative to other magicka classes please no hurr destro incres demege 8%)
    > Templars still op 1v1, purge unaddressed instead they get more burst damage
    > There is really no reason to buy a house other than RP or target dummy (which you can put in one of them free houses)

At least dks got a nice heal...
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I have the hope that the slight heavy armor and proc set nerfs might get more players to stop playing tanks and actually play DDs again. Thought, heavy armor is still the best for pvp and proc sets are still better than all other damage sets as it stands now.

Maybe just the hope of a fool and now with this ridiculous frost staff tanking, there will be so many unkillable builds. You don't even need a brain. Hold block and spam harness magicka and you will never run out of magicka.

Crush that Hope @Dracane i see people going more to tank builds then what we see currently. even people who are currently using more DPS based sets are gonna go more towards Fasalla's Pirate Skeleton/Bloodspawn
    Invictus
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst patch was lightning patch(1.2 if not mistaken), infamous patch who brought lag to Cyrodiil!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have some fun with the balance changes but other than that, I agree that it's zero content. Had a look at houses on pts and decided that I'll pass. Not to save money (I might spend a few mil on a target dummy after some time and put it in a completely empty zero-cost shack), but just to avoid grinding/investing time for something without functionality.

W.r.t balance though, I think you really underestimate the impact even tiny changes can have. Some examples:
    Mag dk's, currently, are decent duellers but other than that, they're mostly played to show-off in videos. They are much more appreciated than some random ganker *** or the 200'th stamsorc spamming the same few skills and ignoring sustain b/c of dark deal. Stamplars are comparatively rare, they get buffed a TON (undodgeable jabs, hopefully decent potl, cost reductions), etc etc.

@bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Massive buffs to every magicka class using Destro in PvP (Sorcs and NBs).
    Massive unneeded buffs to magicka in PvE.
    Massive nerf to crit damage in PvE.
    Pretty big nerf to stamina in PvE.
    A few strange changes like Curse that make the sorc rotation a nightmare without buff trackers.

Overall... This patch sucked for one of my main classes -> stamblade, and it was great for the other -> magsorc. Mag dk will be pretty good i reckon.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    I have the hope that the slight heavy armor and proc set nerfs might get more players to stop playing tanks and actually play DDs again. Thought, heavy armor is still the best for pvp and proc sets are still better than all other damage sets as it stands now.

Maybe just the hope of a fool and now with this ridiculous frost staff tanking, there will be so many unkillable builds. You don't even need a brain. Hold block and spam harness magicka and you will never run out of magicka.

Crush that Hope @Dracane i see people going more to tank builds then what we see currently. even people who are currently using more DPS based sets are gonna go more towards Fasalla's Pirate Skeleton/Bloodspawn

I knew it. Yes.... you are right. Thank you for crushing my hopes before they began to flourish :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree
  • jpeter88
    jpeter88
    ✭✭✭
    i will say that i like the direction they are going in with listening to the community feedback, its just not enough. A balance patch this size compared to how long it took to come is not good enough. If we were to get another balance patch in a month id be ok with this but seeing as balance patches come every 3-6 months its just not enough to keep players around. i took almost a year off from this game and when i came back basically everything was the same. mDKs still lacking, stamplars non existant, etc, etc. Being how long this balance patch took i really expected a lot more then focusing solely on Single target damage. is the game doing so bad that they can only afford a 3 man team for balance changes? The only thin keeping this game afloat is probably the insanely expensive crown store that people use to much.
    561 Dark elf mDK
    561 Redguard stam DK
    561 Redguard stam sorc
    561 khajiit stam nm
    561 high elf mag nb
    561 high elf mag sorc
    561 bretan mag templar
    561 imperial stam dk tank
    561 imperial stam temp
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    • Houses, huge manors, which turn out to be nothing more than copy/pastas of the houses we already see everywhere else in the game, walled in behind huge prison walls with a tiny stamp of outdoor space and a majority of bugs in terms of lighting and disappearing furniture....
    ^^
    Thanks for the bulleted list. :) Sums things up very nicely.

Since ZOS HAS NOT listened; my player's guild at least will and as many others as I can persuade hopefully will spread this message: "Homestead..? sure. do the quest, get the free room, collect housing mats/blue prints as you play normally and wait for ZOS to make changes."
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.