Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• Rogen_SS
    Rogen_SS
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sorry but the game doesn't allow you to sit or sleep you can't interact with furniture at all so if they will not have personal storage to help out with bag space then paying $20,000 and up for an aparment or home seems to be kind of pointless imo
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rogen_SS wrote: »
    I'm sorry but the game doesn't allow you to sit or sleep you can't interact with furniture at all so if they will not have personal storage to help out with bag space then paying $20,000 and up for an aparment or home seems to be kind of pointless imo

@Rogen_SS
    But you can sit in chairs after this goes live
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 24, 2017 3:39AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the pets we set in our homes move around or do they just stand still?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It is wonderful that we can use chairs now to sit down. It would be gorgeous if we could use beds as well to lie down and sleep. :):):)
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the pets we set in our homes move around or do they just stand still?

I have placed a pet inside my home. It is quite stationary...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

I have placed a pet inside my home. It is quite stationary...

Well trained.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jenadi
    Jenadi
    Soul Shriven
    I've been eagerly waiting for the Homestead system - that is so much of a topic of me that it actually convinced me to try ESO before Christmas when I heard there will be housing soon. And I really like the variety of items available.

But the UI is not very good, because you can't change the camera height to look at something higher than you - so you can't orient it with its top really. It would be useful if one button like "pic up/down" was allowing to change the camera z position while in editor mode. Furthermore it is very weird that something flips (if right clicked) to whatever angle you aim at. In theory it allows creativity but in practical terms if I want something earth-oriented on a certain z level but there is no flat surface for me to orient it at ... nope, not working.
    Landmark had a nice system where you would hit E for switching to x/y/z and Q for switching to rotating buttons. It would be great of ESO introduced something similar.

Another issue for me is how illogical resources are assigned to craft something - and how many. I need 20 flour for a cup. 20 FLOUR. That makes no sense. Let metalworkers make cups from metal and cooks make food decoration? And why on earth 20?!? That is a lot of resource you can't buy anywhere and which is not exactly frequent in the world. Not fun.

Plus I think it would be much nicer if some basic (shoddy?) furniture was available for crafter level 1. A bedroll, a table, a chair, a rough plate and cup, a shelf, a campfire, a candle.

Last but not least and my biggest gripe is the size and availability of housing. The initial ... closet ... in Vulkhel guard is really a joke. Please make it a bit larger so it has some uses and isn't just feeling like a closet indeed. And personally I love housing because it allows me to root somewhere, not just inside my house but inside the world. That means I have preferences where I want to live (continent/alliance/weather zone) and you currently force people based on size to move, because you have only 1 or 2 sizes per town. Please add 3 or more sized housing options per town! I like Vulkhel guard a lot, I want to live there, I don't want to use my home as a teleporter hub, breaks the immersion. But it is this tiny closet or nothing. And since I'm a frequent visitor of the outlaw refuges (purely for charitable reasons of course!) ... there is very little option for me and none suit me really as Kajiit. I wouldn't mind spending some money on a house, even real life money, but the options available are really not enticing currently. For example I like the Skywatch Barbed Inn room, good size, style works - but no Outlaw refuge. I think those "standard sized/studio" as well as "1-2 bedroom" places should be available in every town. And there should always be one that isn't extremely race-specific (Eldenroot treehouse) but neutral.
  • camsen64
    camsen64
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

On the video at 45 seconds, it looks like an antler chandelier. Is that a furnishing that I can actually get in-game and craft? That is amazing !!
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    heavy thread necromancy ;)

But, to answer your question even if I am not Gina. This is the Nord Chandelier, Antler, which can be crafted
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server