The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyway we could get a price range on housing? And off topic, shouldn't my shields on my sorcerer be up at least 10 seconds?...the 6 second duration seems entirely too short, instead of doing damage it seems like I'm having to constantly recast my hardened ward....thanks for reading!!
  • mjargolic
    mjargolic
    I know you mentioned something about additional storage in the future. Something that EverQuest did was allow crafters to make boxes ranging from 12 slots to 24 that could be stored on your person or in the bank that opened up allowing that much needed storage space. That might allow crafters to make some gold and help out on the storage problem.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a large window to prominently display my
    leglamp12.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

How does storage not "make the cut" for housing?

Um... well, ummmmm..... what?
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a large window to prominently display my
    leglamp12.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert I demand this
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

Due to it taking more development time/resources than they had available? Clearly the furniture editor was their main focus for release, so that there's something new to do.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Due to it taking more development time/resources than they had available? Clearly the furniture editor was their main focus for release, so that there's something new to do.

Yeah, I have to think that if I were in their position, I probably would have made the same decision.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure adding a capacity to the chests is oh-so-very difficult, costly, and time-consuming. So much so that it's worth disappointing a significant portion of the community. If only ZOS had a steady flow of revenue to offset the unreal costs of making.... a box.
    Edited by Autolycus on December 8, 2016 10:22PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so Gina, does this mean we have to wait for Februari before anything even gets done about this sorry excuse of combat balance?! Sigh...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Reco wrote: »
    I hope there will be an option to NOT allow any visits from my friendlist and guilds unless I specifically allow them on a case-by-case basis.

A home should be a home, not a tourist venue for hundreds of people from my trading guilds.
    If you set a friend/guild with visitor permissions, they'll be able to enter as they please. If you'd like some privacy and aren't in the mood for visitors, you'll just have to temporarily revoke their permission level.

so if i understand it correctly people can come to my home whenever they want. even if im apearing offline?
    Correct, though you can only visit a friend's primary residence if they're offline (and assuming you have visitor permissions set). If you'd like to visit another home that isn't a friend's primary residence, they'll need to be online.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of online/offline, will we be able to set permissions on a property by property basis? Like, everyone is invited to my island, but the little house in the woods is just for a very select group of friends?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, could you expand on what you mean by 'primary' residence? How else does the primary residence differ from non-primary residences?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    Reco wrote: »
    I hope there will be an option to NOT allow any visits from my friendlist and guilds unless I specifically allow them on a case-by-case basis. A home should be a home, not a tourist venue for hundreds of people from my trading guilds.
    so if i understand it correctly people can come to my home whenever they want. even if im apearing offline?
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Regardless of online/offline, will we be able to set permissions on a property by property basis? Like, everyone is invited to my island, but the little house in the woods is just for a very select group of friends?

Reading between the lines, I think I see the concern here. But I'm confident we'll all be able to set aside one private residence that's just for dancing naked.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    mjargolic wrote: »
    I know you mentioned something about additional storage in the future. Something that EverQuest did was allow crafters to make boxes ranging from 12 slots to 24 that could be stored on your person or in the bank that opened up allowing that much needed storage space. That might allow crafters to make some gold and help out on the storage problem.
    Like the Horadric Cube from Diablo II... or the TARDIS! It's bigger on the inside!

Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • niawrathb16_ESO
    niawrathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Questions:
    I have seen and heard these questions but havent seen an answer (might have missed it) but here goes
    1) Will we be able to duel in the house? (My husband I fight sometimes ok!)

2) And will we be able to add named stolen items as decoration or atleast have decorations that are similar to those you can loot? (A guildie of mine has a Jug problem..yes I mean Jug)

Thanks in advance for any info you can give
    May you have keen eyes and sharp scythes

Morrigan Duskhunter
    Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer

The Reapers Guild - PC/Mac - EU - AD
    The Reapers Guild are recruiting! We run regular events from Motif Gathering to PvP. We run weekly N. Trials and achievement earning events. We have a website we require you to join us on and a Guild Hall with Transmute and Crafting Stations. We also have TS and Crafting Officers. We are a community we love to help so any experience is welcome. We are looking for people who join in! Jump in a group tag along to an event or play and chill in guild chat or on our Teamspeak channel. Really join in and get chub in our fishing events! Get "welcomed to the asylum" by whispering me
  • RabidSquirell99
    RabidSquirell99
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone have ideas on how much the houses, decorations are going to cost? I'm not sure if they've announced that part yet?
    Khajiit NB - CP180
    Redguard DK - Level 12
    Dark Elf SC - Level 9

Im in for PVP and PVE.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when do housecarls, wives/husbands, children come . . . before or after storage? :D

Oh, and don't forget the bards!!!
    Edited by Caroloces on December 9, 2016 1:35PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, could you expand on what you mean by 'primary' residence? How else does the primary residence differ from non-primary residences?

A primary residence is the home that your friends can jump to and visit when you're offline or if you're in another owned home. If you own multiple homes, you can set which one you'd like to be your primary.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A primary residence is the home that your friends can jump to and visit when you're offline or if you're in another owned home. If you own multiple homes, you can set which one you'd like to be your primary.
    So guests can only visit your primary house when you're offline? Are there any individual permissions settings per house then, or is it just dependent on the primary?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So guests can only visit your primary house when you're offline? Are there any individual permissions settings per house then, or is it just dependent on the primary?

I assume it means there's only one house (the primary) for which we can set individual permissions that will work even when we're offline. For secondary houses people would have to ask us directly for a permission to visit - which means that we have to be online for them to visit us there.

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's something like this:
    • Alice can visit the home that Bob is currently in.
    • Alice can visit Bob's primary residence.

Since Bob won't be in a home when he's offline, Alice can only visit the primary residence. To visit a secondary residence, Bob will have to be in that particular residence at the time to open the door, so to speak.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Couple questions regarding housing.

1. What's the player cap for players allowed in at a time? This looks phenomenal for RP guilds, unless it's a low number. If you can't give exact numbers, can you give estimates?
    2. Are furniture and decorations going to be able to be made with old matts, like Jute or Flax?
    3. Will there be any new materials added? Maybe paraffin for provisioning wax items? If so, how would we get them?
    4. Will there be any limitations to crafting in your house - can I put all the stations next to each other? :smiley:
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • StereoMutt
    StereoMutt
    ✭✭
    This looks like everything I've ever wanted in an MMO its like Hearthfire, BUT ONLINE AND COOL

My only question is will we be able to use houses like guild halls? (as in grant access to members when the guild master is not online?)
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this post has so many pages.

has there been any information posted on the cost of owning additional/multiple houses?
    or how much furniture could cost to craft or buy?

I have 250k in the bank right now, but not sure if I should save up more
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »

has there been any information posted on the cost of owning additional/multiple houses?

No, we have no information on how much it will cost. We probably will have to wait until the update hits the PTS in January.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StereoMutt wrote: »
    This looks like everything I've ever wanted in an MMO its like Hearthfire, BUT ONLINE AND COOL

My only question is will we be able to use houses like guild halls? (as in grant access to members when the guild master is not online?)

Looks like it, but there seems to be an unknown player cap, so depends how large the guild is.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Save up more. Especially for the furnishings :3

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if this has been covered. On the storage comments, ZOS why not have storage chests that are not linked to the players bank, and hold 10 items only ( available in the Crown Store ).
    Edited by Easily_Lost on December 10, 2016 12:25AM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

oh noes, really? you think furniture will be expensive?
    maybe I better try to save a million!

how much are you saving?

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

oh noes, really? you think furniture will be expensive?
    maybe I better try to save a million!

how much are you saving?

As much as I can? I've banked roughly 1,200,000 but if I can get 2 million I'm planning on it.