The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing Mat Farming
    PTS January 9, 2017
    Time 44 minutes.
    No other players seen. Keen Eye 2, Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest passives.

Start: Inventory empty. Set preference to not auto store in craft bag.
    20170109191024_1_zpsiwxlm3j4.jpg

Run finished:
    20170109195211_1_zpskcpjtgri.jpg
    20170109195232_1_zpszkwfa7ap.jpg
    20170109195317_1_zpspvy6uuol.jpg
    ----
    Results:
    Ores 208 Regulus 21
    Cloth 64 Bast 10
    Hides 25 Clean Pelts 6
    Rough Wood 84 Heartwood 6
    Runestones 50 Mundane Runestones 3
    Reagents 17 Alchemical Resins 2
    Decon'd 5 collected weapons/armor
    got 1 Bone 1 Starmetal and 1 pitch (only 1 green armor collected)
    Now... Let's craft something... A Dark Elf Table:
    20170109190431_1_zpshwyagsjo.jpg
    Required Mats:
    Heartwood 6 Obsidian 25 Pitch 9
    for this:
    20170109190400_1_zps05qszofd.jpg
    So, how long will your stockpile of mats last? Took 44 minutes of farming for 1 piece of furniture. SO, will that be "balanced longevity" or endless grind? Who has that many style stones laying around in crammed inventories?
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 14, 2017 1:48PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought them through the crown store and did not figure out how to preview the furnished versions.

Overall they look awesome and I'm really excited! I want to buy them all! But I'm also looking forward to more locations being added in the future. It's wonderful to see so much of my housing wishlist come true.

I do think for the prices homes ought to include some storage. While the craft bag is great, for those who really like collecting mementos, more space is still desirable.

The previews for crown purchased furnishings need work, many larger items (trees, wells, pillars, etc.) appear so large and so close that you can't really tell what they even look like. Some items also seem to appear mostly sunk into the ground.

The UI for buying furniture from in game merchants and for crafting furniture NEEDS to include previews (like armor and weapon crafting has needed from the start).

Placing items is pretty easy although it wasn't immediately apparent to me that clicking to 'align' was how you actually set the placement of something.

While browsing through the crown purchased furnishings I felt some categories could use a lot more items. Though it was also pretty overwhelming trying to find things as the order things appeared in didn't always make the most sense and it was hard to figure out what category or subcategory certain items might be found in.

While I was pleasantly surprised by the number of plants available to place around the courtyard areas, I would really like to see some pots, planters, and sections of soil added for creating gardens in some of the more arid/paved locations or for balconies and indoor plants.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on January 10, 2017 4:03AM
  • BaconOnThat
    BaconOnThat
    Soul Shriven
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? I did. The quest was fine, and the broker dude is funny.

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Yes.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?

I used all three of those methods, plus teleporting into the preview mode via the map.
    Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? Yes.

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
    Yes, I bought the Lion Guard tattered banner and hung it on the wall at the Rosy Lion.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    Yes. I bought the wedding lamp and curtain to test.

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Found them at a mystic only after reading the forum thread. In game, it was not intuitive. Why not at any Mages Guild vendor? In my inventory, I thought they’d be under “Miscellaneous,” whereas they were under “Consumable” with food and potions; a little weird.
    I thought we could put the collection in our bookshelves, but no. They unpack as individual tomes that you have to place around a room. There is no way I’m going to do all the books like that. If we could put the entire set of books onto a bookshelf and have a working library, that would be awesome. Books all around the room just gets cluttered. I tried putting one on a bookshelf and it didn’t fit. And they took up precious inventory space and made me sorry I’d bothered.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes, I think so. A global setting for them would be nice.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? No, and no. I placed the stools, and then tried to sit down and ended up facing the wall before she jumped back up. I rotated the stool, same thing. There’s no way to know which way the stool should face, and she can’t sit in it anyway.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? They gave me an idea as to how many items are allowed in a house. Some had titles as rewards, which are good, but if a couple had crafting-related achievements like dyes or blueprints to unlock, that would be more incentive and rather topical.

Which was your favorite home, and why?
    Grand Topal, because it’s vastly different from other homes and the locale is amazing. I wish I could ride my horse on the beach and use it to get around such a giant property.

What did you think of the prices for each home?
    Unaffordable, mostly. I’ve just joined a trade guild to unload some inventory and help other players complete their sets, but I’m never going to make gold the reason to play. It’ll be years before I could buy some of these houses. Of course, how many homes does one person need?

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes. I can save subscription crowns for some of these, but if the elk was nearly $30, I can only imagine what the houses will be, so I’ll probably get a couple for crafting convenience and be done.

Do you have any other general feedback?

1. The big one: Why don’t furniture vendors have beds? They have a table, stools, and trees. Who starts a life in a new house with no bed? Also, indoor and outdoor furnishings should be in separate tabs. If I’m looking for household furniture, I have to scroll through half a dozen shrubberies first, which is distracting. Also, if the trees could get a tree icon, rather than the table/chair icon, that would be useful as well.

2. A preview option for bought furniture, especially from the luxury and accolade traders, would be much appreciated. Before I buy it, I’d like to see it, much like the preview function in the crown store. For example, a Shackle Control Stone sounds interesting, but I have no idea whether I want it or not because I have no idea what it looks like, ditto the chandelier, etc.
    When I first went to the furniture vendors in Skywatch with my template character, the menus were empty. The items were there when I relogged.

3. I LOVE that the recipes are now listed in inventory as “Recipe: [title]” so they’re all together in my inventory. Marvelous improvement, thanks.

4. I'd love to be able to place a fishing hole in the properties with water features, like stocking a pond.

5. I guess I’m still pining for Hearthfire, because in Skyrim, your houses were interactive. You could use the food, the crafting tables, display your fancy armor, even sleep (though time passes differently in ESO). These houses seem to be purely decorative goldsinks. I don’t really understand why they haven’t at least minimal storage. The achievement vendor mementos might be fun, but the rest feels kind of empty, like visiting a museum in which you can’t touch anything. You can’t even read from the bookshelves. Ultimately, the experience feels hollow, like eating a handful of popcorn and still being hungry because you passed on the steak. I do wonder if this update is a precursor to another update that makes the housing more functional. As is, they’re only good for photo ops and pure role players. It's still fun, but I frankly don't see lasting appeal excepting the crafting tables, if I ever got a master writ or a training dummy.

6. I am very much looking forward to the Jester festival.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Enodoc, just wanted to drop a heartfelt personal thank you for the dedicated PTS testing with detailed feedback. Thank you.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback is just this:
    1) The houses are just the same old ones we are tired of seeing, and most of them are not even in pristine conditions.

2)The amount of items you can place in the house are far too little, i couldn't properly decorate my front yard and my backyard because it would leave no space for inside the house, even with the bonus from ESO+ which doubles the count to 600 counting small items like plates and a stupid slice of cheese is far beyond ridiculous.

3)The price for the furniture you buy after getting the achievs are WAY too high, they shouldn't be so expensive specially since they are a reward for the invested time into the game.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on January 11, 2017 1:40AM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *wrong section also, posting this in Housing Editor thread, ignore this post*
    Edited by Betheny on January 10, 2017 8:33AM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found a door to the tower in Daggerfall Overlook that isn't working, it looks like you should be able to enter this tower.

This screenshot was taken in normal mode of course, as I was in when attempting to open the door. No enter prompt comes up when facing door.

The door that isn't a door is the one inside that tower.

f877x5cywc6zgwz.png
    Edited by Betheny on January 10, 2017 1:49PM
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭

• Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

yes i had no problems with this
    • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
        yes this was fine
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
        I use the crown store
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
      no i didnt realise you could do that
    • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?
        yes, i think in would be good to have a preview of the furnishings that you buy with gold, especially with the more expensive items, i really want to see what im getting before i buy it! Also many items are pretty similar so you have to see them closely to really see the difference
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
        yes
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
      i haven't done any dungeons, was a bit disappointed that these weren't retroactive like other achievement furnishings, some dungeons i don't want to have to do again just to get a bust haha
    • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?
        yes
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
        yes
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
      • yes
    • Which was your favorite home, and why?
      My favourites are Ebonheart Chateau, The Gorinir Estate, Mathiisen Manor and Hunding’s Palatial Hall. The outdoor areas generally sell me on the houses, I was really dissapointed in the lack of outdoor areas in medium homes. The house i will probably end up buying is Mournoth Keep due to the amount of outdoor areas for the price and the nice view. My dream home would have outdoor areas like The Gorinir Estate but a different house as im not a huge fan of those woodelf tree pods. Would have been epic if instead of three pods there was one giant tree, like a mini elden root, that would be *** fantastic.
    • What did you think of the prices for each home?
      i think the jump in price between medium and large homes and then large homes to Masnors was a bit steep, maybe 600,000-900,000 for large homes and 1.8mil - 2 mil for Manors. I thought I would buy a large home but given how much furnishing it all is going to cost im probably going to go for a medium house.
    • Are you an ESO Plus member?
      yes
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      I think it would be great to add in an option to buy a piece of land and add what housing you like on it, mix and match different styles the woddelf large home land would be great with a khajiit house on it for example.

Edited by zassasaurus on January 10, 2017 8:50AM
  • Shalnark
    Shalnark
    ✭✭
    Daggerfall Overlook.

Give us the possibility to remove ALL the blue banners and blue decorations inside please!

I saw we can already remove only few of them.. would be nice if we could do that with the rest of them
    Also the new tower is inaccessible , the door seems locked
    Edited by Shalnark on January 10, 2017 10:43AM
    Server: EU Pact
    PvE Guild: Hodor - http://hodor-guild.eu/
    PvP Guild: The Epic Fail

Characters:
    Shalnark - Dk magicka dd (Main PvE)
    Shàlnark - Nb magicka dd (Main PvP)
    Shalnarkx - Sorc magicka dd
    Little Bang - Sorc stamina dd
    Shalnàrk - Dk stamina dd
    Shalnarkz - Nb stamina dd

World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first Speed-Run Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj
    World first No-Death Vr16 Maw of Lorkhaj

Emperor NB: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPEBBsGkQI
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    Yes. No issues encountered.
    Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?
    Yes.
    How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    All methods with no issues.
    Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    Yes.
    Furnishing Sourcing
    If that's the NPC in Hollow City, then yes.
    Specialty Furnishings
    Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    Yes, but even with lighting sources houses are too dark. And I couldn't find any hearths/fireplaces/chimney stacks to place fires in. It's really, really silly having to place naked fires in your home. Not all homes have built-in fireplaces, so please consider adding them as a furniture item (unless I've somehow missed them).
    Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    Sometimes. Most of the time my characters just stood straight back up. Chairs I could previously stay seated in sometimes stopped working and had to be moved in the editor before they worked again, sometimes several times.
    Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
    They were ok, but, apart from the titles, I'm not quite sure why anyone would be overly bothered if they had completed them or not.
    Which was your favorite home, and why?
    Strident Springs. I love the outside area and especially the waterfall. I think giving all houses with outside areas a unique feature like this would make each more unique. The ones with pools/water features really stand out over the others. It's also my least favourite inside. It doesn't match the outside at all - it's smaller, is missing windows etc. I understand the constraints on art resources and, on the whole, outsides areas are fantastic and the house models, while familiar, really sit well in them (really good job on this), but Strident Springs' inside being a copy of Vile Manse is a bit lazy for what should be a wonderful building. It feels like any potential customisability is stifled by reusing a very particular design for a very particular area already within the game. I'd like to see it opened up to more closely resemble its outside and more windows to be added. And for all houses, it would be nice if we could craft walls and make our own rooms/areas.
    I don't think the prices are wildly out, but that they are a little bit high for what is being offered. Taking my favourite house again (Strident Springs), I would pay that for it if the inside was better. I can find things that niggle me about the other houses too and make it hard for me to justify their prices. So the prices are fine if you spend a little more time improving each house (some are fine, like Hundings/Stors M'kai one), otherwise think about lowering them. Perhaps 33% or so.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    The Ebonheart Chateau needs some better scenery! Demolish the rock walls on the northwest and southeast sides and build terraces overlooking Ebonheart and the lava river.

JWDv8gs.png

OImHfM2.png
    Oh this is a nice idea. If my suggestion above of channelling the lava through the courtyard doesn't take off, this would be a nice feature. Anything that let's you actually see the lava and the city.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Found a door to the tower in Ebonheart Chateau that isn't working, it looks like you should be able to enter this tower.
    That's in the Daggerfall Overlook, rather than the Ebonheart Chateau. The Chateau has 7ntowers and none of them have doors :(
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain how the alts work for housing? I mean, for example, i get the house and fill it with items, then i logout and log in with other character. Will it see the house furnitered or empty? Do they need the same required achievent for using it?
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Dakhumn wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the alts work for housing? I mean, for example, i get the house and fill it with items, then i logout and log in with other character. Will it see the house furnitered or empty? Do they need the same required achievent for using it?

They will see it furnished, and they can add furnishings too. Only the char who buys it needs the achieves :)
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »
    Dakhumn wrote: »

They will see it furnished, and they can add furnishings too. Only the char who buys it needs the achieves :)

Asi guess and as i will like. Thanks for info = )

Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing Mat Farming
    PTS January 9, 2017
    Time 44 minutes.
    No other players seen. Keen Eye 2, Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest passives.

Start: Inventory empty. Set preference to not auto store in craft bag.

Results:
    Ores 208 Regulus 21
    Cloth 64 Bast 10
    Hides 25 Clean Pelts 6
    Rough Wood 84 Heartwood 6
    Runestones 50 Mundane Runestones 3
    Reagents 17 Alchemical Resins 2
    Decon'd 5 collected weapons/armor
    got 1 Bone 1 Starmetal and 1 pitch (only 1 green armor collected)

Now... Let's craft something... A Dark Elf Table:
    Heartwood 6 Obsidian 25 Pitch 9
    So, how long will your stockpile of mats last?

Yes. Tamriel is a strange world. It must really befuddle the scholars of the Mage's Guild and other brainy organizations. No matter where you go, the world practically shoves into your hands the materials needed to craft whatever weapon and armor you are currently using. The people in the world are too stupid to tell whether they need a mineral, plant, or tree for their crafting, so it is important to make sure that every tree, rock, and plant provides exactly what we need.

So, for our defense and attack crafting, we are buried in piles of materials.

But, want a chair to sit on? Time to start searching because the world does not provide common materials for crafting furniture in mass quantities, like for armor and weapons, and we can't use the piles of Rubedite Ore, Ancestor Silk, and Ruby Ash that are stacked in every corner.

I thank Molag Bal for the Crown Store, or we would be buried in Regulus, Bast, Pelts, and Heartwood, too. Because, you know, furniture should be harder to craft than weapons and armor.

Maybe they need to start selling craftable weapons and armor in the Crown Store so that we can be free from all the ore, cloth, and wood that we trip over constantly. As soon as armor and weapon crafting competes with the Crown Store, you won't be able to find a Rubedite Ore node (with Rubedite Ore in it) to save your life.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 10, 2017 1:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    Found a door to the tower in Ebonheart Chateau that isn't working, it looks like you should be able to enter this tower.
    That's in the Daggerfall Overlook, rather than the Ebonheart Chateau. The Chateau has 7ntowers and none of them have doors :(

Thanks I edited my post. Had a feeling I named the wrong place.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. A preview option for bought furniture, especially from the luxury and accolade traders, would be much appreciated. Before I buy it, I’d like to see it, much like the preview function in the crown store. For example, a Shackle Control Stone sounds interesting, but I have no idea whether I want it or not because I have no idea what it looks like, ditto the chandelier, etc.

I agree with the need for in-game previews. But this also got me wondering if anyone is collecting screencaps for an ESO-Fashion-style gallery of items. I have access to most of the achievement vendors' wares (although gold will eventually be an issue) so I could get capping if there was a need for visual records of what we can get.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    Hello everyone,

this is my first long reply, I could make a new thread about this but this threads are for something, right?
    I have answer all questions only talking about my experience.

Sooooooo I really hope you read it all and give me your opinion! LET´S GO:

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

Of course, do you want to give me a free house? BRING ME TWO, SON.

Home Previewing

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

Yes, but not with gold just with Crowns -_-

The ones I saw from Crown Store and Collections, but you should post a message like "Your houses are here" and for last, I´m to rich on the PTS to preview by walking up, if I walk near I will buy it, that´s all

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?

Yes, but I have to say: It was not well signposted. It took me a little time, i was like: Gonna buy it now! Oh wait now I can see it furnished...

I realize about this the last house i bought sooo could you make something like pay an extra for furnish my other unfurnished homes? Thank you ZOS

Furnishing Sourcing

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?

I have only the lycanthropy but yes, I was able to buy it and place.

Yes, just have to take a look at the Natch Potes

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?

Nope, now that you have implemented housing my wife doesn´t let me go out and kill monsters with my friends

Specialty Furnishings (Dunno what is this / Where to find it )

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

No, and this is something that makes me some upset because I don´t know where to find it or at least from where begin

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?

Dunno what is this, oh wait, Specialty Furnishings...

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?

Okay, finally something important... Yes, I was able to sit on SOME chairs but was difficult to sit looking the direction i wanted to (Like the Redguard stool). BTW, the Khaajiit bar chair... I wasn´t able to sit on that... AND I WANT TO, THAT´S WHY I HAVE A BAR IN MY HOUSE EVEN I DON´T HAVE FRIENDS TO DRINK WITH (Not needed)

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?

Was a little bit difficult imo, well, was not signposted for short guys like me ^^

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?

Yes, but as you ask, the experience was like an amazing useless ***: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. So, I think you could do something like:
    -Player accept duel
    -By the glory of Stan, 5 NPC (Maybe dressed like court servants or (If you´re on the "Hunding's Palatial Hall") mermaids <3) appears just to say "Break his legs" or "That´s my ***" (No joke, I want this quotes).

I say this because in openworld people can see that you just destroyed your opponent and that makes people been interested on the duels.

In your house, you´re just fighting thats why I ask for some RolePlay or even you just could bid some money like bid 200g each one and the winner takes 400g.

Something like that, I know you can improve this a lot more

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?

Yes, that´s fine. So finally, maybe in a far far far far galaxy i will be able to buy all the houses. But you just have won my attention (And my hours to play)

Which was your favourite home, and why?

Serenity Falls State, I love the Khaajiit style and this one is perfect.

Now, what could you improve in this house? Obviously, increase the space for furniture in this one, It´s one of the biggest! BTW we need more Khaajiit furnitures! But I will talk about that in the last question...

The second one is DaggerFall Overlook, maybe is because is enormous and love that secretly useless exit, but... You know what? Is my secretly useless exit. BTW the style is just magnific, but I´m still looking for something that will ask later...

The third one, Hunding's Palatial Hall awesome, the style, the environment... Even the docks that are near to the house, I think this one is the only one who make me want to Roleplay.

The fourth! Gorinir State! I will just say... Relax...

An the fifth is for Grand Tropal Hideaway, this one mix the Roleplay of the Palatial, the chill of Gorinir and the Space of Serenity or Overlook. But the style is... Just not my favourite :)

Just PERFECT. I mean, I only have 80k in my bank account so gonna be hard to buy manors but that´s why i like it, now you have won more hours of me to play this game and earn money.

So, in conclusion, the prices fit perfectly... DON´T TOUCH IT GUYS

Are you an ESO Plus member?

Nope, and never will be, I prefer buying just the things I feel I need at the moment I feel I need.

Okkay, the real question is: Why do I have to buy a house?

Well, I love Roleplay so I´m gonna buy houses anywhere but I feel upset because I can´t save items on my houses, I can´t sleep on my beds, my animals doesn´t move (Maybe they´re dead), I can´t have 2 or 3 mannequin to kick their asses, I can´t... I can´t... I can´t do anything worth it!

Well you have done a great job with all this houses but now you have the most difficult part: Make it worth for people to buy crowns!

I mean, if a have a manor I would like to see (Serenity Falls for example):

- My lion running everywhere or at least MOVING
    - My cat, inside home ofc, moving or making sounds
    - Give me an option to place some servants (Maybe from 1 to 10) To place them inside home, drinking, on the waterfall, on the stable or anywhere and set a little area to move them random.
    - Let me craft some mannequin to give them one of my armor sets just like in (I hate to say it, really) Skyrim, that was great, BTW I could save 2 or 3 armor sets with some weapons. Or let me fight mannequins, just make them in yellow and if I attack they become aggressive.
    - Let me save a quantity of items there, now we have furniture items and materials, so we need another space like "House space" and been able to buy it more, in this example having from 150 to 200 will be great. THIS IS IMPORTANT
    - Another thing is what I said before, is about been able to decide if we want the house furnished or unfurnished at any moment.
    - Make it worth to Sleep like giving some bonus or something, like: Sleeping once in a day give you another House Space (Yeah, nice)
    - Let me paint my walls inside the home!!! OMG, the house is mine! I want to paint it PINK! Like the gentleman I am. No, I´m serious, let me paint the walls.
    - What I said before about the duels, make a crowd appear just screaming or at least let me bid an amount of gold for the winner.
    - I´m tired of only seeing Red Guard Furnitures! Khaajiit amount are very low imo (Maybe is cause I´m a fan of Khaajiit) but I feel to empty inside ToT.
    - Amount of quantity of items setable. I need more! I mean, I don´t have enough with 350 (Serenity Falls, I repeat), with the trees, collectibles, bread, beers, chairs, table. OMG I need much more!
    - It´s fine to have a Crown Furniture Store (POSITIVE POINT FOR ZOS)
    - Would like to have a button that "Reset" the house. Cleaning up all furnitures

At, I think that´s all at this moment! I will keep you up editing this post! Hope you read it all and give me your opinion. Thank you all!

Bets wishes,
    Dr.Will.

EDITS:

EDIT 1: Do something in this place of Serenity Fall or just take the walls out (Right place of the image)

EDIT 2: This item (Naidese (I think that´s the name) Wayshrine) is giving this problem :s (Image EDIT 2.1)

The other problem is with the flags, set it correct please when we right click. Thanks (Image EDIT 2.2)

BTW, can I have more crowns? Is for testing... Yeah, for testing ALL items 10 TIMES maybe... <3

EDIT 3: Is a question, will be the crown furniture available for craft? Thank you
    Edited by DrWill on January 10, 2017 8:20PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Each thumbnail description NEEDS to tell you what the player cap is for that house. We NEED to know how many players the Medium and Small houses hold!
    Agreed. Somewhere, before purchase, we need to know:
    • Player cap
    • Furnishings cap
    • Trophy Collectibles cap
    • Other Collectibles cap
    There's a lot of empty space in the Preview Settings/Purchase window when you're in the house, so this would probably be the best place for it.

Oops, I forgot to post this yesterday when we worked it out.

Non-ESO Plus caps:
    Inn Room - 15 Furnishings, 1 Trophy Collectibles, 1 Other Collectibles
    Apartment - 50 Furnishings, 1 Trophy Collectibles, 1 Other Collectibles
    Small - 100 Furnishings, 5 Trophy Collectibles, 2 Other Collectibles
    Medium - 200 Furnishings, 10 Trophy Collectibles, 3 Other Collectibles
    Large - 300 Furnishings, 20 Trophy Collectibles, 4 Other Collectibles
    Manor - 350 Furnishings, 40 Trophy Collectibles, 5 Other Collectibles

ESO Plus caps:
    Inn Room - 30 Furnishings, 2 Trophy Collectibles, 2 Other Collectibles
    Apartment - 100 Furnishings, 2 Trophy Collectibles, 2 Other Collectibles
    Small - 200 Furnishings, 10 Trophy Collectibles, 4 Other Collectibles
    Medium - 400 Furnishings, 20 Trophy Collectibles, 6 Other Collectibles
    Large - 600 Furnishings, 40 Trophy Collectibles, 8 Other Collectibles
    Manor - 700 Furnishings, 80 Trophy Collectibles, 10 Other Collectibles

Pets and Mounts are "Other Collectibles".

We're a little mystified about the Player caps because they seem to vary?

If I go into my own Inn Room and two players try to enter, the first one gets in but the second one gets told "instance is full". If I walk out of the room, the second player can port in. But then I can also enter! So what is the limit - 1 player + owner or 2 players + owner?

If I am standing in my own Apartment, five players can enter and the sixth cannot.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staple (small) houses:

Autumn-Gate
    This is the Nord-style house near Nimalten. It's got a reasonable yard for a small house (not many small houses have yards), but the walls are very high, making it feel more cramped than it probably needs to be. The existence of the yard is likely to offset the fact that the Nord medium house doesn't have a yard at all. The interior is a single large room with a fireplace, about the same size as the yard.

Take home points:
    1. Snug small home, perfectly reasonable.
    2. The courtyard walls could be a bit lower.

Black Vine Villa
    This is the Altmer-style house opposite Black Vine Ruins near Baandari Trading Post. A small house with an equally small yard. The walls are a reasonable height allowing for glimpses of the ruins across the river. The interior is one of the standard narrow Altmer houses that you find in most towns and cities, which are a single room but allow for partitioning based on alcoves and extrusions.

Take home points:
    1. Perfectly reasonable small home.
    2. The yard is rather small too.

Captain Margaux's Place
    This is the Breton-style home in Daggerfall. No yard. Bog-standard single medium-sized rectangular room with fireplace. A bit odd that it's the only home named directly after a previous owner. A more generalised name could be preferable. There's a lost potential for a small yard around the back, given that the house has an attached lean-to with barrels in.

Take home points:
    1. Remove Captain Margaux's name from the house title. It's not hers any more.
    2. The space out the back could be utilised to create a small yard.

Cyrodilic Jungle House
    This is the Colovian Imperial-style house in Baandari Trading Post. Considering it's a small house, it's got a pretty large yard. The fenced wall allowing for a view of the Trading Post is excellent, and should be a design factor used in many other walled yards to give them locational context. The inside is smaller than I expected it to be, a single rectangular room with fireplace.

Take home points:
    1. Utilise the fenced-wall design for other walled properties.

Hammerdeck End
    This is the Orc-style house near Hammerdeath Workshop. No yard. Interior is a standard mid-range rectangle with a fireplace. Given the amount of exterior landscaping that was done to add this house, it's a real shame that none of it is part of the house instance. There's excellent yard space, a well, and rear decking with a patio, and you can't use any of it. High potential but a real letdown in practice.

Take home points:
    1. Build up the perimeter wall and instance the yard, so we can actually enjoy the yard space created specifically for the house.

Humblemud
    This is the Argonian mud hut in Dhalmora. It has a decent sized yard out the back. The interior is pretty small, as to be expected from a mud hut.

Take home points:
    1. It's humble, and it's mud. Not really much more to say.

Kragenhome
    This is the Dunmer-style home in Kragenmoor. It has no yard. The interior is a pretty large room with central fireplace and an upper mezzanine level at the back. There would be potential for a small yard out the back, as there's a lot of empty space there.

Take home points:
    1. The space out the back could be utilised to create a small yard.

Moonmirth House
    This is the Khajiit-style house at the Laughing Moons Plantation. It has no yard. The interior is the standard rectangular Khajiit stilt-house. It would be nice if the area underneath the house was part of the instance to give it a bit of outdoor space, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Take home points:
    1. None really. It's a hut on stilts, and that's about it.

Snugpod
    This is the Bosmer-style tree-pod in Elden Root. No yard. The interior is a dingy circular affair with not enough light coming in the windows. It has a pretty high ceiling, potentially allowing for extended vertical furnishings.

Take home points:
    1. It's a pod. It's snug. Clue's in the name here.

Twin Arches
    This is the Redguard-style house near Hallin's Stand. I don't see any Arches, let alone two. Scratch that; it turns out is actually in the shadow of two massive rock arches out in the desert. Unfortunately you can't really see them from inside the walls. It's got a pretty decent sized yard, with a small patio area as the building is one of those standard Redguard houses with a patio area. Parts of the wall have mesh fencing, allowing you to see beyond the walls towards the city. The view is actually pretty good, and is a good example of what a walled yard should be like (as with the small Colovian house's yard). A lot of Redguard houses have sruff on thevroof, so it would be great to be able to grt up to the roof and use it as a patio. Even if you create makeshift steps to get up there, you still can't actually get on the patio. The interior is a pretty large L-shape, but otherwise unremarkable.

Take home points:
    1. Provide access to the roof patio.
    2. Use more of the mesh-topped walls so that it's easier to see the surroundings.

Concluding Points
    5 houses with a yard, and 5 without. Rather inconsistent for houses that are all in the same category, but hopefully that will balance out perfectly with the medium houses. I'll be checking! For all the houses with yards, the Imperial Colovian and Redguard styles present a good method for keeping the instance walled in, while still allowing a view of the surrounding area, a trait which should be expanded to all yards.

More tomorrow!
  • Dardo
    Dardo
    Soul Shriven
    General Feedback: The thought of housing coming to ESO is frankly what has kept me playing these last few months as the game has become somewhat tedious for me. Whereas I more or less like what you done with player housing (with some caveats to be detailed later), it is pretty obvious that ZOS' design objective here was to create the biggest cash sink possible...very sad. Player housing should be fun and accessible to all...the free "closet" you get with the housing quest is not what I would even consider housing, so that doesn't count. I can accept that the very top tier of housing should only be accessible to the very wealthy, but the system as it now puts any chance of having a decent-sized house that is nicely decorated beyond the financial means of most players. Most of the issue here is with the cost of furnishings; just completely outrageous prices for most of the fun stuff. Especially the achievement vendors...you already earned the achievement, the furnishings shouldn't cost as much as your house!
    Another issue has to do with the disparity in house size between the racial styles. If a large house (or any size house) has generally the same price regardless of racial style, then the general size of the house and yard should be roughly equal also. For instance the large orc house is as big as the alliance manor homes! Just asking that a little more thought and effort be put into a update like this; because as it is, it kind of looks like it was slapped together at the last minute.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [SNIp]

Are people really going to play dress up in their *** virtual house which they decorated?. Why can't we have PvP updates, class balancing, new content?

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on January 17, 2017 12:46PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Overlook (Glenumbra):

My PC could not access all of the "throne" platform in the main room of the large building. The PC should be able to move adjacent to the windows, but there is an invisible barrier that prevents movement into the "window bay". The windows either (a) should be translucent panes that emit some sort of light, or (b) the PC should be able to see through them to terrain outside of the building that isn't just solid rock.

Also, I did not find any space where a cooking fire hearth can be installed, i.e., there is no fireplace and/or chimney.

Suggestions:

(1) Should it not be possible to swim from the Overlook Shore to a beach on some border of the same property?? Any swimmer encounters Slaughterfish (that might have been changed since I visited the property).

(2) Add a pier to the Overlook Shore with at least one fishing hole, so the PC can fish (of course).

(3) Add steps to the courtyard platform from which the PC can look at the sea. We shouldn't have to "jump". I hate Willie Make It.

(4) Add access from the main building to the rocks on which there are trees and plants beside it.

(5) Add access to the 2nd-floor balcony that is across the front of the main building (or is that on the "3rd floor"?). This could be done by including catwalks on the left and on the right of the open space which overlooks the entrance hall of the building on the 2nd-floor, leading to doors through which the PC can access the balcony.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Chateau (Stonefall):

This could make a good Guildhall. There is plenty of space inside and outside with a good workshop building.

There is no separate "private" space for use (e.g., as a bedroom). I suppose the large open spaces can be partitioned with one or more "privacy screens", but would that be appropriate for a Duke?

It should also be possible to place a tent and campsite in the space beside or behind the main building. (I can't use the Housing Editor for anything except to buy furnishings from the Crown Store.)

However, I did not find any space where a cooking fire hearth can be installed, i.e., there is no fireplace and/or chimney in either of the two buildings.

Suggestions:

(1) Add access to at least one of the front towers, if not also to the ramparts between them, from which a PC can view approaches to the Chateau.

(2) Add a fish tank or pond to the grounds to serve as a Fishing Hole, with which a PC can fish (of course).

Edited by Shadowshire on January 11, 2017 6:32AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnshadow (Reaper's March):

Frankly, I don't know why anyone would consider this place a "notable house".

The interior walls look burned or moldy. I wouldn't buy it unless they had brighter, or lighter, colors. The place is just too gloomy and has all the ambience of a dilapidated shack.

There is very little exterior space, for example, to place one or more crafting workstations.

There is no water feature of any kind.

Also, I did not find any space where a cooking fire hearth can be installed, i.e., there is no fireplace and/or chimney. Perhaps that is not appropriate for the architectural style, but there must be some way to install a cooking fire hearth.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 11, 2017 6:37AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway (Island - Grahtwood):

Although this is a beautiful place, the architecture and prospective decoration are just not my personal preference. The two buildings are well-sized. The various platforms are interesting. And I decided to buy it for one crown furnished. But ...

Note: I have sent a bug report via the Feedback feature in-game. Four chairs around a table, and a PC can sit on only one of them. What was the designer thinking?

Suggestions:

(1) There should be ocean Fishing Holes along the beach!! What is the point of having a major fishing pier without Fishing Holes? (Fishing Holes should not be a "decoration" that we must buy from the Crown Store. How would anyone craft one?)

(2) Add one or more stair-steps or ramps from platforms to the land, primarily to increase access to the building structures from the land. Although a PC can jump off in many places, one cannot jump high enough to reach most of the platforms. Regardless, I hate Willie Make It.

(3) Add one or two small beaches on the shoreline of the volcanic cone, to which a PC can swim, and to which a player can add a fishing shack or tent with a cooking fire and other camp-site items. :wink:

(4) A PC should be able to summon a mount and ride on the beach and open ground, but not on the structures.

Last but not least: when a player leaves the Hideaway, via the boat to Grahtwood, a landing less hostile with ready access to a nearby Wayshrine would be preferrable to the current Fisherman's Isle location. To get to the Haven Wayshrine, a PC must either swim along the shore to some other, safer, area, or move through, or along the inner margin of, the Swamp from which the PC is likely to be attacked by various MoBs. Or spend coins to recall to any Wayshrine from the landing area.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 11, 2017 6:42AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthtear Cavern (Craglorn):

The space certainly has the look and feel of Craglorn caverns and dungeons! But it is too dark and gloomy to spend much time there, so I doubt that I would spend much time and effort to furnish and decorate it. (It's not really my idea of a "homestead".)

If memory serves, there is no particularly large space where a group of more than five or six PCs can gather. So it probably would not serve well as a Guild Hall.

Overall, it seems that too much of the space is under water or occupied by a stone structure. There is no access to the large walled-off outer "moat", which leaves one wondering what purpose it was meant to serve.

It was unclear whether it is possible to install a cooking fire hearth -- there is no fireplace with a chimney.

Suggestions:

(1) Add one or more openings to the sky, for sunshine and fresh air with, perhaps, soil for plants (and/or through which future Flying Mounts can enter and land ... ).

(2) Water, water everywhere and not one Fishing Hole? Add a few!!

Edited by Shadowshire on January 11, 2017 6:44AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold (Bangkorai):

There is plenty of space inside and outside, which makes it a good candidate for a Guild Hall.

The ambience is very Spartan and bare, pretty much in keeping with Orc clanholds in Wrothgar. With few windows, if any, the interior is rather shadowy and gloomy too.

For what it is worth, I don't recall what the Orcs build fires in for cooking. It should be possible to install a cooking fire hearth or stove, although I don't recall seeing any fireplace or chimney.

Although I haven't tried it, I suppose that a PC can move between Wrothgar and Bangkorai, via a tunnel through the mountains (Merchant's Gate?).

Suggestions:

(1) Add a window or two to the main building, or perhaps a large skylight.

(2) I don't recall seeing a water feature anywhere. Perhaps a fountain or spring-fed pool should be added to the courtyard. A pool could also have a Fishing Hole.

(3) Adding an observation tower from which a PC can view the Halcyon Lake area of northern Bangkorai would be great!

Edited by Shadowshire on January 11, 2017 6:48AM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    DrWill wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Okay, the real question is: Why do I have to buy a house?

Well, I love Roleplay so I´m gonna buy houses anywhere but I feel upset because I can´t save items on my houses, I can´t sleep on my beds, my animals doesn´t move (Maybe they´re dead), I can´t have 2 or 3 mannequin to kick their asses, I can´t... I can´t... I can´t do anything worth it!

Well you have done a great job with all this houses but now you have the most difficult part: Make it worth for people to buy crowns!

I mean, if a have a manor I would like to see (Serenity Falls for example):

- Let me paint my walls inside the home!!! OMG, the house is mine! I want to paint it PINK! Like the gentleman I am. No, I´m serious, let me paint the walls.

- Would like to have a button that "Reset" the house. Cleaning up all furnitures

At, I think that´s all at this moment! I will keep you up editing this post! Hope you read it all and give me your opinion. Thank you all!

Bets wishes,
    Dr.Will.

Personally, I like this player's sense of humor. :smiley:

The suggestion that players should be able to re-paint the walls is a good one. Are tapestries that can be hung on walls among the array of furnishings??

There is only one particularly important issue, the last suggestion, for a "Reset" button for the house "Cleaning up all furnitures (sic)". After spending any amount of Crowns for furnishings -- or the time, effort and expense to craft a piece(s) -- it seems that no one would want to destroy any or all of them, whether to start over with an empty house.

So, what happens to furnishings which the player chooses to remove??