The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Datamine] Vvardenfell Development Map

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a boring afternoon and added all known and visible locations to the datamined map.
    Note that means most locations on this map won't be full-fledges delves like in Morrowind - the 6 actual delves are marked with the usual delve symbol.
    Also note that while all these locations will be visible in game, not necessarily all will be visitible. It's possible they are unreachable. I already cut out all of Sheogorad because apparently it won't be reachable, although there are discernable structures on the island. This also means that not all locations will necessarily have their own map marker.
    Further, 4 world bosses and all wayshrines are still missing.

Well, enjoy.
    At least I can now type names like Arkngthunch-Sturdumz and Ashalmimilkala without thinking twice.

Edited by Faulgor on January 9, 2017 3:51PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Homereturning. There will be me after release of Vvardenfell :)
    returning_home__pages_1_5__by_theminttu-d5upllr.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on January 9, 2017 3:59PM
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind <3
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    So much excitement! :)
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I had a boring afternoon and added all known and visible locations to the datamined map.
    Note that means most locations on this map won't be full-fledges delves like in Morrowind - the 6 actual delves are marked with the usual delve symbol.
    Also note that while all these locations will be visible in game, not necessarily all will be visitible. It's possible they are unreachable. I already cut out all of Sheogorad because apparently it won't be reachable, although there are discernable structures on the island. This also means that not all locations will necessarily have their own map marker.

Well, enjoy.
    At least I can now type names like Arkngthunch-Sturdumz and Ashalmimilkala without thinking twice.

hey thanks I will add this to the main page and post credit to you, cool work!
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, enjoy.

Are you sure about Fort Firemoth?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I just died and went to heaven or...I don't even know what else could have happened. This is epic.
    I'm hoping they stay faithful to Morrowind, I mean, the time periods are close enough it can't have changed too terribly much between ESO and Morrowind. I can recreate my Dunmer vamp and go slaughter every single city again and then regret it and get cured! xD
    Actually about 740 years separate ESO from Morrowind, and a ton would be different in Vvardenfell because of that. It was only 13 years before the events of Morrowind that Vvardenfell was opened for settlement. Prior to that it had been a preserve of the Tribunal Temple for over 400 years, with only a few small settlements and ashlander tribes.

It's possible that in the time of ESO Vvardenfell was roughly as populated as it was in the time of Morrowind, but that seems unlikely, as it's unlikely they would have actually forced a large population to evacuate to the mainland when making it a Temple preserve roughly 300 years later. It seems much more likely that the few small settlements that were on Vvardenfell during the centuries when it was a preserve were the extent of the existing settlements at the time it was first designated a preserve.

Even in the unlikely event that ESO Vvardenfell is roughly as populated as Morrowind Vvardenfell, during the 400+ years when it was very sparsely populated everything that wasn't occupied (which would be most things) would have fallen to ruins. When the land was opened up for settlement, it's highly unlikely that the settlers would have just fixed up existing ancient ruins for their homes. At best they would have settled on the same spots but built vastly different settlements, possibly incorporating a relatively intact ruined building here and there, but more often simply knocking down any ruins and using anything salvageable from the ruins as building supplies for brand new buildings/roads/walls.

Vvardenfell should be quite significantly different in ESO than in Morrowind. In fact, it should have changed more than most areas of Tamriel would have changed in that time.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno aww come on say something :D
  • Protocol117
    Protocol117
    Soul Shriven
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I just died and went to heaven or...I don't even know what else could have happened. This is epic.
    I'm hoping they stay faithful to Morrowind, I mean, the time periods are close enough it can't have changed too terribly much between ESO and Morrowind. I can recreate my Dunmer vamp and go slaughter every single city again and then regret it and get cured! xD
    Actually about 740 years separate ESO from Morrowind, and a ton would be different in Vvardenfell because of that. It was only 13 years before the events of Morrowind that Vvardenfell was opened for settlement. Prior to that it had been a preserve of the Tribunal Temple for over 400 years, with only a few small settlements and ashlander tribes.

It's possible that in the time of ESO Vvardenfell was roughly as populated as it was in the time of Morrowind, but that seems unlikely, as it's unlikely they would have actually forced a large population to evacuate to the mainland when making it a Temple preserve roughly 300 years later. It seems much more likely that the few small settlements that were on Vvardenfell during the centuries when it was a preserve were the extent of the existing settlements at the time it was first designated a preserve.

Even in the unlikely event that ESO Vvardenfell is roughly as populated as Morrowind Vvardenfell, during the 400+ years when it was very sparsely populated everything that wasn't occupied (which would be most things) would have fallen to ruins. When the land was opened up for settlement, it's highly unlikely that the settlers would have just fixed up existing ancient ruins for their homes. At best they would have settled on the same spots but built vastly different settlements, possibly incorporating a relatively intact ruined building here and there, but more often simply knocking down any ruins and using anything salvageable from the ruins as building supplies for brand new buildings/roads/walls.

Vvardenfell should be quite significantly different in ESO than in Morrowind. In fact, it should have changed more than most areas of Tamriel would have changed in that time.

Fair enough. Although, from the map it seems they are being more faithful to Morrowind than time would suggest.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, enjoy.

Are you sure about Fort Firemoth?

Apparently it's in the files, and the island is also there. I suppose it's older than we thought?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, enjoy.

You are awesome. Truly awesome.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Nice! But where's the red mountain trial we're all expecting eagerly?
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Some information is still unknown at this point.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is anyone here who did not themselves travel in Morrowind khajiit knows someone who was there and took many, many photographs which this one she now presents to you for your memories and perhaps inspiration.

This friend of khajiit spent many years living there and working as a travelling seller of marmalade.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjSwX3ni

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is anyone here who did not themselves travel in Morrowind khajiit knows someone who was there and took many, many photographs which this one she now presents to you for your memories and perhaps inspiration.

This friend of khajiit spent many years living there and working as a travelling seller of marmalade.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I long ago destroyed my photographic evidence of being in Vvardenfell.

I will say that whatever ailment deformed those poor Khajiit and Argonians, I certainly hope it does not plague the island in the 2nd Era.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Some"? We don't have any approved information at all right now *lol*
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

"Some"? We don't have any approved information at all right now *lol*

True but some information has yet to be datamined as it doesn't exist in the game files yet
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY GAWD The nostalgy levels are off the roof

Great House Telvanni (<3 , <3)

If this DLC happens i will donate all my ingame gold to poor bambi players who just bought the game, DO YOU HEAR ME ZOS ?!

Also with the implentation of Housing in Homestead, I'm hoping the Vvardenfell DLC will include a Mansion for each of the Great Houses like we had in TES lll : Morrowind <3 ( Rethan Manor , Indarys Manor & Tel Uvirith )

Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

i remember the ogrim's, ahem, "jewelry", too bad they don't have it in ESO :D
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

i remember the ogrim's, ahem, "jewelry", too bad they don't have it in ESO :D

Khajiit recalls many times she has requested for at least some of them to show a preference for the bosom rings. It's the lore after all yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be as unlikely as you think, considering the changes around Red Mountain that would happen between ESO and Morrowind (or perhaps during ESO, if they decide to fudge the timeline). The awakening of our favorite Dagoth and the construction of the Ghostfence could provide the pretext necessary to clear the island of most of its population.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    It may not be as unlikely as you think, considering the changes around Red Mountain that would happen between ESO and Morrowind (or perhaps during ESO, if they decide to fudge the timeline). The awakening of our favorite Dagoth and the construction of the Ghostfence could provide the pretext necessary to clear the island of most of its population.
    Actually yeah, that's a good point. We know that Armistice and turning Vvardenfell into a Tribunal Temple preserve happened just a few years after Dagoth Ur awakened and ambushed the Tribunal. Construction of the Ghostfence likely coincided with Vvardenfell becoming a preserve, and you're right that it would provide a solid pretext for clearing out most of the population.

Of course, my primary point that centuries passed during which Vvardenfell had very few inhabitants still stands. But you're right, it's not as unlikely as I was thinking that Vvardenfell was well populated prior to becoming a preserve.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mean to be a pessimist, but as the old saying goes "Don't count your chickens before they are hatched". Just because ZOS has the entire map in the data files doesn't mean they will offer it all at once. For example, they could offer Vvardenfell in sections just like Craglorn with a upper and lower. Or they could even do it in five sections with N, S, E, W, and central. I'm hoping they won't and it will be the entire zone, but we have to be prepared for anything.
    Edited by Ashtaris on January 11, 2017 4:44PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We still haven't seen Mephalas realm or clockwork city. But since Vvardenfell are already in the game files it will probably come sooner than something announced in 2014.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder though, just how well am I going to enjoy this zone? Sure it's a gigantic place to explore, but it's no doubt going to be absolutely full of Dunmer.

And I hate the Dunmer with a passion.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I have to wonder though, just how well am I going to enjoy this zone? Sure it's a gigantic place to explore, but it's no doubt going to be absolutely full of Dunmer.

Maybe a lot of them will be Justice System target NPCs.
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing map ! :)

Red Moutain is the place i want to live, IRL !

New mount for Vvardenfell ?

It is just a supposition (not a data).. This picture from : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/comment/2128135/#Comment_2128135
    zkpde9.jpg
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

How can you say such a thing? Dunmer inarguably have the best lore out of any race, courtesy of Michael Kirkbride. They also have much more interesting and unique architecture, not to mention their diversity in combat from Great House to Great House. Dunmer also have the coolest gods, the best Elder Scrolls game (Morrowind), the most unique armor and robes, the best... You get the idea. Dunmer are amazing.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patouf wrote: »
    Amazing map ! :)

Red Moutain is the place i want to live, IRL !

New mount for Vvardenfell ?

It is just a supposition (not a data).. This picture from : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/comment/2128135/#Comment_2128135
    zkpde9.jpg

It's quite a while ago, but in the interview where Matt Firor said Morrowind was his favourite Elder Scrolls game (I assume this influenced the decision to add Vvardenfell to ESO sooner rather than later), he also said he'd like to ride around on an insect mount. So I fully expect something like a large Nixhound.

By the Tribunal I can't wait. Will we see Dwemer ghosts in their ruins? Will Dunmer finally have their raspy voices back? What is Divayth up to these days? So much to look forward to.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No ghostfence? That would be awesome to see.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 11, 2017 6:45PM