Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

[Datamine] Vvardenfell Development Map

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
cannot believe this is not in general yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5m5bk5/datamine_vvardenfell_development_map/

I am not the one who did this I'm just posting the link, full credit to the person that found this.

from what they have discovered it will be the largest zone in ESO to date (excluding Cyrodil) and has nearly the exact layout and locations of many places in TES3 morrowind. there are also a bunch of new assets for each of the dunmer great houses. among many more things

EDIT: from the original author:

"Some things to note:

There's a ton of new tilesets. Hlaalu, Redoran (including Under-Skar!), Telvanni, Vivec and Molag Mar, Dunmer strongholds, Velothi (I can see Holamayan, but that might be it), and Morrowind style Dwemer ruins.

That covers pretty much every architectural style in Morrowind, except for Imperial towns and castles, which don't exist since Morrowind isn't an Imperial colony yet. Oddly, Seyda Neen does exist, and is using custom assets that make it look exactly like it does in TES3. I'm sure that's going to be a fun nostalgia trip.

The whole area around Red Mountain appears inaccessible, though the northern ashlands around Urshilaku are, along with Molag Amur. Sheogorad looks to be heavily under construction, but that giant wall of rocks makes me think it may be inaccessible as well.

There's a Redoran town around Andrasreth that didn't exist in Morrowind. There's also a Hlaalu town and a Redoran(?) village near where Caldera will be. Weirdly, Rethan Manor seems to exist, despite the fact that it was built during Morrowind.

The Telvanni towers all have big mushroom caps like the one in Dragonborn. Interested to see how that turns out.

Vivec's foreign quarter appears not to exist yet, which I think is a neat touch. There also seems to be a port/outskirts around the future site of Ebonheart, which is awesome and makes it look more like an actual city.

Finally, a size comparison between Vvardenfell, Wrothgar, and Stonefalls. It's definitely going to be the biggest PvE zone in the game so far, even without Red Mountain being accessible."

-FloorBelow

EDIT#2: user @Faulgor had some free time and added locations from morrowind onto the map (Disclaimer, these icons are fan made not official)

Vc01OQw.jpg
Edited by Wing on January 9, 2017 10:53PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost time to go home
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just what I was thinking! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home <3
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will there be levitating?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening! <3
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is one large zone
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we sure this is from the game and not some fan fiction?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know about the validity of this specifically, but it's been known for awhile now that Vvardenfell is on the way.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is legit, each zone has a map like this for it in the code, from the original author:

"Some things to note:

There's a ton of new tilesets. Hlaalu, Redoran (including Under-Skar!), Telvanni, Vivec and Molag Mar, Dunmer strongholds, Velothi (I can see Holamayan, but that might be it), and Morrowind style Dwemer ruins.

That covers pretty much every architectural style in Morrowind, except for Imperial towns and castles, which don't exist since Morrowind isn't an Imperial colony yet. Oddly, Seyda Neen does exist, and is using custom assets that make it look exactly like it does in TES3. I'm sure that's going to be a fun nostalgia trip.

The whole area around Red Mountain appears inaccessible, though the northern ashlands around Urshilaku are, along with Molag Amur. Sheogorad looks to be heavily under construction, but that giant wall of rocks makes me think it may be inaccessible as well.

There's a Redoran town around Andrasreth that didn't exist in Morrowind. There's also a Hlaalu town and a Redoran(?) village near where Caldera will be. Weirdly, Rethan Manor seems to exist, despite the fact that it was built during Morrowind.

The Telvanni towers all have big mushroom caps like the one in Dragonborn. Interested to see how that turns out.

Vivec's foreign quarter appears not to exist yet, which I think is a neat touch. There also seems to be a port/outskirts around the future site of Ebonheart, which is awesome and makes it look more like an actual city.

Finally, a size comparison between Vvardenfell, Wrothgar, and Stonefalls. It's definitely going to be the biggest PvE zone in the game so far, even without Red Mountain being accessible."

-FloorBelow
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost time to go home

Yessssss!!!!!!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens coming with Vvardenfall?

I know Vvardenfall has been the name of this area since Morrowind, but out of curiosity, could this zone be being included to introduce the warden class?

I mean if you take Vvarden to make a W it makes wardenfall.
    So is it to introduce the Warden class or to expand Tamriel or both?
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    My life is complete!!!
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gawd, that's looking almost 3 times the size of Wrothgar.

ESO is saved
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on January 5, 2017 2:56PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were gonna be able to go to Vvardenfell...O.O. Cool! :smile: But any clue when?
    Edited by VDoom1 on January 5, 2017 3:07PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    land mass that large would suggest a full expansion. if they dont do a full on solo centric Orsinium DB TG type of content it would be good for the game.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    March is the 15th Anniversary for Morrowind so I'm guessing Vvardenfall is gonna be the DLC after Homestead
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be playing Skywind before I ever set foot in the pale shadow that zeni will make of Vvardenfell

https://youtu.be/PewuaPKnhnc
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Libonotus wrote: »
    From what I can tell, it appears that wardens, housing, and a npc marriage system (hinted at in the dark brotherhood) is coming along with Vvardenfall. This seems like Zos's attempt at catering to their players long demands and another attempt at attracting more active players. Whether or not these additions will be a success or not is just to be seen. But it won't surprise me to see that it is, since players have been asking for another wrothgar type dlc for a long time now.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be playing Skywind before I ever set foot in the pale shadow that zeni will make of Vvardenfell

BA Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! YA have fun waiting for it to come out!
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Home, sweet home. <3
    https://youtu.be/ATSRqT2tH8E
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »

I will, have fun playing a game that keeps going downhill faster and faster with Every patch

Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will, have fun playing a game that keeps going downhill faster and faster with Every patch

People have been saying this since beta and it's still here almost 3 years later so .... Yeah ...

I'm actually quite excited for Skywind but I won't expect to see it for a long time. In the meantime I'll enjoy Vvardenfell here. ZOS do make a lot of faux pas, but the world design is beautiful and a lot of story quests are really well written. So at least Vvardenfell here will look great and likely have a few interesting stories to tell.

So be as grumpy as you like. A lot of people are very excited for this :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

People have been saying this since beta and it's still here almost 3 years later so .... Yeah ...

I'm actually quite excited for Skywind but I won't expect to see it for a long time. In the meantime I'll enjoy Vvardenfell here. ZOS do make a lot of faux pas, but the world design is beautiful and a lot of story quests are really well written. So at least Vvardenfell here will look great and likely have a few interesting stories to tell.

Skywind probably won't be done before the next TES title comes out, and even if it is, the next TES title will come out. ESO is, at least, still being developed by the studio that created it. That is yards ahead of the long abandoned single player TES games, and the massive expansion projects that fans have constructed to build in the older games.

We have yet to see Vvardenfell, but I certainly expect that it will be a DLC, not an entire game. It is not going to be a remake of TES 3 in the 2nd Era, complete with a hundred hours of new game play. It is going to be a new Zone in an existing game, like Orsinium, but more expensive. (I am sure that someone will point out that it is possible to run out and buy the real Morrowind for less than what the DLC will cost)

And yes, it is exciting to see what ZOS is going to come up with. It is going to be a ZOS version of Vvardenfell, meaning it is influenced by TES III as interpreted by ZOS. Given the advancements in game design over the last 20 years, it will totally blow TES 3 out of the water, in terms of appearance.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2017 7:30PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    From what I can tell, it appears that wardens, housing, and a npc marriage system (hinted at in the dark brotherhood)

It was hinted? I missed it, then. Can you point it out for me, please?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    From what I can tell, it appears that wardens, housing, and a npc marriage system (hinted at in the dark brotherhood)

I didn't see this either .... Can someone point me in the direction of it too?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I thought that was just something "some" people wanted on the forums. Never a hint in-game -.-
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Skywind probably won't be done before the next TES title comes out, and even if it is, the next TES title will come out. ESO is, at least, still being developed by the studio that created it. That is yards ahead of the long abandoned single player TES games, and the massive expansion projects that fans have constructed to build in the older games.

We have yet to see Vvardenfell, but I certainly expect that it will be a DLC, not an entire game. It is not going to be a remake of TES 3 in the 2nd Era, complete with a hundred hours of new game play. It is going to be a new Zone in an existing game, like Orsinium, but more expensive. (I am sure that someone will point out that it is possible to run out and buy the real Morrowind for less than what the DLC will cost)

And yes, it is exciting to see what ZOS is going to come up with. It is going to be a ZOS version of Vvardenfell, meaning it is influenced by TES III as interpreted by ZOS. Given the advancements in game design over the last 20 years, it will totally blow TES 3 out of the water, in terms of appearance.

I completely agree. It's not going to be hundreds of hours like Morrowind. But it will likely be plentiful. And with all the tech advances it will be beautiful.

Gotta say, I'm a little giddy. :D
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I already posted this stuff here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3653778#Comment_3653778

It's a different kind of topic but I used the Vvardenfell data mining from last year and the new one in my "guesstimate". :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    March is the 15th Anniversary for Morrowind so I'm guessing Vvardenfall is gonna be the DLC after Homestead

Most likely this. Vvardenfell sometimes in Q2.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    HYPE
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon