Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Datamine] Vvardenfell Development Map

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    souravami wrote: »

I loved that song! Also, I fixed the video for you. The syntax is {youtube}unique video id string[/youtube]

p.s. use [ ] instead of the {youtube}. I had to use {} to keep the message from displaying a black youtube screen in the message. :)

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you'll be close enough to see Bal Foyen and Davon's Watch in detail from the southern points, but yeah that is a Hell of a lot of land, I'm actually getting a bit hyped.

(Disclaimer: Never played Morrowind)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    will there be levitating?
    Travel stained pants best way to get around. Although I never found out what they were stained from.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there's Silt Striders ...
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, now I've got the Morrowind soundtrack playing on a loop in my mind
    Edited by Stovahkiin on January 5, 2017 8:28PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually while morrowind was technically the first TES I played it was also the one I played the least, I was not used to the series or Bethesda games and the instant open ended free roam no solid direction thing just flumexed me and I didn't know what to do or where to go, so I quit playing.

by the time oblivion came about I had a better understating as well as the linier opening dungeon kind of gave me a grasp of things before I was tossed into a huge world. so I consider oblivion my first TES game.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    It was hinted? I missed it, then. Can you point it out for me, please?

I thought that was just something "some" people wanted on the forums. Never a hint in-game -.-
    In the dark brotherhood dlc, the last conversation I had with Naryu Virian was pretty much her thanking me and giving me her affection by means of a kiss and promising something better when we meet again in Vvardenfell. now whenever I talk with her this is the response I get. Which makes me believe that my character and naryu might get, ehm. Frisky in the next expansion.
    Vhohh06.jpg
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    It was hinted? I missed it, then. Can you point it out for me, please?

I thought that was just something "some" people wanted on the forums. Never a hint in-game -.-
    In the dark brotherhood dlc, the last conversation I had with Naryu Virian was pretty much her thanking me and giving me her affection by means of a kiss and promising something better when we meet again in Vvardenfell. now whenever I talk with her this is the response I get. Which makes me believe that my character and naryu might get, ehm. Frisky in the next expansion.
    Vhohh06.jpg
    I wonder if her and the male copies of The Vestige are to create the daughter that "will make the world burn" from the Sweetroll Killer quest dialogue, and it will be Naryu for the female Vestige?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    Could that zone all be loaded in one go or would it have to be split into 2
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the zone might be split into different areas to combat the lag
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would of expected it to be three zones.

South West (Haalu, Vivec), North West (Redoran), and East (Telvanni).

Story speculation!:
    The Worms are after the heart, exactly the kind of thing Mannimarco would do (he wants to be a god). Telvanni and the Worms entwined,which is how they found out about the heart and why the don't join the pact (amoung other things). Vivec is on VVandenfel to solve the Worms issue and open passage to the heart which they haven't been able to pilgrimage to. This is where Dagoth Ur gets his ideas from, never seemed to be a mastermind.. copying Mannimarco and Molag baal (vampires) however seems like something he would do.

I reallly wanted to play Morrowind but the game mechanics were so arachic that playing it was actually painful. I was looking forward to skywind but its taking a looong time.

To really recapture the feeling there should be quests that lead you the wrong way or to your death unless you use persaution or intimadate, possibly leading you in different directions depending on which ablity you use.
    Edited by Narvuntien on January 6, 2017 3:04AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    I'll be playing Skywind before I ever set foot in the pale shadow that zeni will make of Vvardenfell

https://youtu.be/PewuaPKnhnc

BA Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! YA have fun waiting for it to come out!
    I don't need to wait for it as I already have it.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Story speculation!:
    The Worms are after the heart, exactly the kind of thing Mannimarco would do (he wants to be a god). Telvanni and the Worms entwined,which is how they found out about the heart and why the don't join the pact (amoung other things). Vivec is on VVandenfel to solve the Worms issue and open passage to the heart which they haven't been able to pilgrimage to. This is where Dagoth Ur gets his ideas from, never seemed to be a mastermind.. copying Mannimarco and Molag baal (vampires) however seems like something he would do.
    OK, but (spoiler follows for anyone who hasn't completed the main questline)
    Mannimarco may be out of the picture for some time. I know that you can choose to free him from Molag Bal, but you can also choose to leave him where he is, and it's unlikely he would be able to escape without outside help. So if it were to play out the way you describe, ZOS would need to come up with an explanation for how he escaped, and then either give you the explanation if you didn't free him, or instead have some sort of different dialogue option somewhere if you did free him. Of course, your basic plot could still work with Mannimarco still stuck in Coldharbour. Maybe before Molag Bal snatched him away he had a backup plan for his Worms. If he failed in his attempt to attain godhood by the plot outlined in the main questline, some of his followers were supposed to put this other plot into motion. They need to get to the heart and perform a ritual that will shunt its power to Mannimarco, no matter where he is alive or dead, and grant his apotheosis. If you set him free in the main quest, well he hasn't been able to make it out of Coldharbour yet but his minions are working to give him the power of a god, which will incidentally let him get out. If you didn't set him free, well it's the same story.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I would of expected it to be three zones.

South West (Haalu, Vivec), North West (Redoran), and East (Telvanni).

Story speculation!:

I reallly wanted to play Morrowind but the game mechanics were so arachic that playing it was actually painful. I was looking forward to skywind but its taking a looong time.

To really recapture the feeling there should be quests that lead you the wrong way or to your death unless you use persaution or intimadate, possibly leading you in different directions depending on which ablity you use.

Good story but I would rather see Red Mountain become a trial for the zone where a cult is trying to obtain the heart so that they can rid the dunmer of the ALMSIVI with one of the Tribunal stepping to ensure that this does not happen.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Deyirn
    Deyirn
    ✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »

BA Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! YA have fun waiting for it to come out!

Filthy casual. xD
    Skywind probably won't be done before the next TES title comes out, and even if it is, the next TES title will come out. ESO is, at least, still being developed by the studio that created it. That is yards ahead of the long abandoned single player TES games, and the massive expansion projects that fans have constructed to build in the older games.

We have yet to see Vvardenfell, but I certainly expect that it will be a DLC, not an entire game. It is not going to be a remake of TES 3 in the 2nd Era, complete with a hundred hours of new game play. It is going to be a new Zone in an existing game, like Orsinium, but more expensive. (I am sure that someone will point out that it is possible to run out and buy the real Morrowind for less than what the DLC will cost)

And yes, it is exciting to see what ZOS is going to come up with. It is going to be a ZOS version of Vvardenfell, meaning it is influenced by TES III as interpreted by ZOS. Given the advancements in game design over the last 20 years, it will totally blow TES 3 out of the water, in terms of appearance.

Sure, the single player games are abandoned, but that doesn't mean Skywind should be discarded, it's being made by people with love and care who don't want money. And the people who are waiting for Skywin, OpenMW and the other modding projects around Morrowind aren't the people that are interested in future TES games, because they know how mediocre they can be. Did you know that Morrowind has more NPCs that Oblivion and Skyrim combined, they may not have much to say, but make the world feel more alive.

TES games on the other hand (since Skyrim) have been made only for the sake of making money at the expense of fans.
    Considering how horrible Skyrim was, I'm pretty skeptic about TES 6, but I will get the Vvardenfell DLC when it comes out and check it out, because Morrowind is my favorite game of the series and I've actually given up on ESO, but this will make me want to come back just to spend the rest of my ESO days in Vvardenfell, probably the only place worth spending time on.

Appearance will definitely be better, I would like to see how it looks in a modern, official game rather than how modders interpret it. But appearance is just 10% of the whole experience, especially if you are about game play, storytelling and PvE. And if you are a real Morrowind connoisseur, you won't care how it looks, but how well does it stack up to the real thing.
  • Fire_Ace
    Fire_Ace
    ✭✭
    Was hoping for this since TESO was announced the first time :#
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -stands on the coast in stonefalls, looking to the north with longing in the eyes-
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deyirn wrote: »
    Sure, the single player games are abandoned, but that doesn't mean Skywind should be discarded, it's being made by people with love and care who don't want money. And the people who are waiting for Skywin, OpenMW and the other modding projects around Morrowind aren't the people that are interested in future TES games, because they know how mediocre they can be. Did you know that Morrowind has more NPCs that Oblivion and Skyrim combined, they may not have much to say, but make the world feel more alive.

TES games on the other hand (since Skyrim) have been made only for the sake of making money at the expense of fans.
    Considering how horrible Skyrim was, I'm pretty skeptic about TES 6, but I will get the Vvardenfell DLC when it comes out and check it out, because Morrowind is my favorite game of the series and I've actually given up on ESO, but this will make me want to come back just to spend the rest of my ESO days in Vvardenfell, probably the only place worth spending time on.

Appearance will definitely be better, I would like to see how it looks in a modern, official game rather than how modders interpret it. But appearance is just 10% of the whole experience, especially if you are about game play, storytelling and PvE. And if you are a real Morrowind connoisseur, you won't care how it looks, but how well does it stack up to the real thing.

Skywind is going to be "abandoned" because a new single player game will come out, with a new engine platform, and new art requirements, and the project will start again. Someone might still work on the old one, so "abandoned" is not a strictly accurate term. I have not checked, but is the Oblivion -Morrowind project still going?

My use of the term "abandoned" referred to the studio.

As for the rest of what you said, I actually am of the opinion that ZOS will do better with Vvardenfell, in terms of fan appreciation, than BGS will be doing with TES 6. This does not mean that ZOS will be entirely and exclusively about what the players want, but they will do better than BGS, simply because they are in better touch with the fans. There is a certain amount of "this is my game and I will do it my way", and while this can be said about ZOS, it will be an order of magnitude worse with BGS.

As for how well it will stack up to Morrowind, this worries me. I worry, not because ZOS will mess it up, but because the connoisseurs will be extraordinarily picky. Possibly to the point of "nothing can please them".

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Deyirn
    Deyirn
    ✭✭✭
    Skywind is going to be "abandoned" because a new single player game will come out, with a new engine platform, and new art requirements, and the project will start again. Someone might still work on the old one, so "abandoned" is not a strictly accurate term. I have not checked, but is the Oblivion -Morrowind project still going?

My use of the term "abandoned" referred to the studio.

As for the rest of what you said, I actually am of the opinion that ZOS will do better with Vvardenfell, in terms of fan appreciation, than BGS will be doing with TES 6. This does not mean that ZOS will be entirely and exclusively about what the players want, but they will do better than BGS, simply because they are in better touch with the fans. There is a certain amount of "this is my game and I will do it my way", and while this can be said about ZOS, it will be an order of magnitude worse with BGS.

I wasn't even a fan of TES (or even aware of it's existence) when Morroblivion was being made and I honestly have no intention on researching why they dropped it. Besides the Oblivion engine has very ugly characters, sure you can mod this, but what's the point?

If the reason why Morroblivion stopped is like you say and now there are Skywind and Skyblivion, with the latter barely going anywhere or anyone caring about it, I sure hope Skywind is not abandoned, because it will be extremely stupid to just abandon your work, because now a better eye candy exists. I didn't hate Skyrim for the graphics, I hated it for the game play that allowed mentally *** monkeys to finish it in two days. And I never base my opinions on games on their graphics so hopefully the Skywind developers have some sense left and would think the same way as I do, otherwise they are ***. Why would they assemble orchestras to play the music so they can record them and whatnot in the first place?!

As for TES VI I don't really care anymore whether it will be good or bad, because I'm 70% positive it will be worse garbage than Skyrim and on top of that the eye candy will be on such a high level I probably won't be able to run it anyways.
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Red Mountain will be a dungeon?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap I'm soooooo stooooked!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »

Trial.

It'll almost certainly be a trial :)
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    -stands on the coast in stonefalls, looking to the north with longing in the eyes-

- stands in coast in stonefalls, looking north with wanty eyes, drool running down my mouth, sweaty palms, trembling knees, racing heart, my mind begins to wonder...
    Edited by BossXV on January 7, 2017 4:48AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also hope Red Mountain will be a Trial. Looking forward to seeing Ald'ruhn in modern graphics though. :smile:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    The day when I'll step my feet at Balmora again will be a good day.
    I hope there will be a Silt Striders there with ancestor of guy who was speaking "Why walk, when you can ride" all the time.
    I miss him.
    Gosh, I miss all the places from Morrowind. Sadrith Mora, Caldera, Ald'ruhn and "Publi...Pilgrim house" at Suran B)
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Protocol117
    Protocol117
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if I just died and went to heaven or...I don't even know what else could have happened. This is epic.
    I'm hoping they stay faithful to Morrowind, I mean, the time periods are close enough it can't have changed too terribly much between ESO and Morrowind. I can recreate my Dunmer vamp and go slaughter every single city again and then regret it and get cured! xD
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely amazing, although it seems Sheogorad and the area around Maar Gan won't be accessible :(

MW-Map-Vvardenfell.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Ravena wrote: »

Trial.

It'll almost certainly be a trial :)

If it's going to be a trial..

HYPE ! :)
    PS4 EU
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind was released 15 years ago May 1, 2002. Should we wait the release of the dlc for may 2017 for the 15th anniversary ?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aerin wrote: »
    Morrowind was released 15 years ago May 1, 2002. Should we wait the release of the dlc for may 2017 for the 15th anniversary ?

There is too much data in the game and on PTS for Vvardenfell to not be released in or around May but again, ZOS aren't talking much except about Update 13
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50