Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Datamine] Vvardenfell Development Map

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ghostfence? That would be awesome to see.

A couple years too early for Ghostfence, but it would be cool to see a "modern graphics" rendition of it.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I had a boring afternoon and added all known and visible locations to the datamined map.
    Note that means most locations on this map won't be full-fledges delves like in Morrowind - the 6 actual delves are marked with the usual delve symbol.
    Also note that while all these locations will be visible in game, not necessarily all will be visitible. It's possible they are unreachable. I already cut out all of Sheogorad because apparently it won't be reachable, although there are discernable structures on the island. This also means that not all locations will necessarily have their own map marker.
    Further, 4 world bosses and all wayshrines are still missing.

Well, enjoy.
    At least I can now type names like Arkngthunch-Sturdumz and Ashalmimilkala without thinking twice.

Awesome work!!! I hope it soon become a reality.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    land mass that large would suggest a full expansion. if they dont do a full on solo centric Orsinium DB TG type of content it would be good for the game.

They need another hit like Orsinium, DG and TG were very underwhelming. Orsinium was absolutely stunning and very well done. They need something as magnificent as Orsinium soon.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A couple years too early for Ghostfence, but it would be cool to see a "modern graphics" rendition of it.

Well without the fence, without the known threat of a possible Dagoth Ur return (I assume no ash storms and blight/corpus disease rampant), why would red mountain be inaccessible to explore (based on what has been datamined)?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 11, 2017 7:19PM
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    FAKE
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I have to wonder though, just how well am I going to enjoy this zone? Sure it's a gigantic place to explore, but it's no doubt going to be absolutely full of Dunmer.

And I hate the Dunmer with a passion.

How can you say such a thing? Dunmer inarguably have the best lore out of any race, courtesy of Michael Kirkbride. They also have much more interesting and unique architecture, not to mention their diversity in combat from Great House to Great House. Dunmer also have the coolest gods, the best Elder Scrolls game (Morrowind), the most unique armor and robes, the best... You get the idea. Dunmer are amazing.

The Dunmer's sense of superiority is only superseded by the Altmer's, unreasonably selfish by nature, annoyingly devoted to and aggressively protective of the Tribunal (Pretenders) not to mention their insistence and attitude toward their Slave Trading ways. Naryu is the only Dunmer I like, and that's saying a lot considering she's an Assassin. I'm not prejudiced against the Dunmer as a whole, but the majority of their people holds no love from me. If I could I'd go on a one person crusade to free the Khajiiti Slaves in Kragenmoor.

But, I digress since this isn't OP's topic. Lovely map, can't wait to explore everything.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well without the fence, without the known threat of a possible Dagoth Ur return (I assume no ash storms and blight/corpus disease rampant), why would red mountain be inaccessible to explore (based on what has been datamined)?

There are not many mountains, let alone volcanos, in ESO that we get free reign to run around on. Those that we are allowed on tend to be special places. I would not be expecting to traipse around on this mountain freely.

The Blight, and the associated Ash Storms, are attributed to Dagoth Ur in events that happen after ESO. They are the reason for the Ghostfence. If ZOS stays true to currently understood history, we will not see the Blight, ash storms, or ash monsters in ESO.

Dagoth Ur was defeated about 2800 years before, and 'wakes up' 300 years after, ESO. No one really knows what he is up to at the time of ESO, if anything.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There are not many mountains, let alone volcanos, in ESO that we get free reign to run around on. Those that we are allowed on tend to be special places. I would not be expecting to traipse around on this mountain freely.

The Blight, and the associated Ash Storms, are attributed to Dagoth Ur in events that happen after ESO. They are the reason for the Ghostfence. If ZOS stays true to currently understood history, we will not see the Blight, ash storms, or ash monsters in ESO.

Dagoth Ur was defeated about 2800 years before, and 'wakes up' 300 years after, ESO. No one really knows what he is up to at the time of ESO, if anything.

The 1st era goes that far back? Far enough back to encompass 2800 years before ESO?

So if Dagoth Ur wakes up 300 years after ESO that means it was hundreds of years even from that point before anyone did anything about it in Morrowind. Had no idea ES eras were that long.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 11, 2017 8:33PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1st era goes that far back? Far enough back to encompass 2800 years before ESO?

So if Dagoth Ur wakes up 300 years after ESO that means it was hundreds of years even from that point before anyone did anything about it in Morrowind. Had no idea ES eras were that long.

Dagoth Ur was defeated by Indoril Nerevar (presumably), who died at the Battle of Red Mountain in (or around) the 700th year of the First Era. The First Era ended with year 2920 and the rise of the Second Empire, which has collapsed by the time of ESO. As everyone knows :smile: the Second Era ended in year 896, when Emperor Tiber Septim unified Tamriel.

The Tribunal deals with Dagoth Ur pretty quickly when he pops out of his volcano. Shortly after Dagoth Ur wakes up in 2E882, the Ghostfence is established to contain him, his minions, and the Blight. We do not know the exact year. It is only with the waning of the power of the Tribunal in the Third Era that the Ghostfence begins to fail, the Blight escapes through the Ghostfence, and the events of Morrowind take place.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no idea ES eras were that long.

Here's what the Timeline says over on the Wiki.

The Dawn Era is when the Divines were creating everything and whatnot, there's no known timeframe for this.

The Merethic Era is considered to be immediately after the Dawn Era, and the earliest known recorded date by Nord Scholars is to be ME 2500, and counts down to ME1 prior to the start of the First Era.

The First Era lasts for 2,920 years.

The Second Era lasts for 897 years. This is where ESO takes place, in the year 2E, 582.

The Third Era lasts for 433 years.

And the Fourth Era is the most recent in known Elder Scrolls history having last so far for 201+ years.

So in all, (relatively), there have been 6,951 years of recorded history on Tamriel.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks soooo freaking cool :D Best DLC Ever :)