The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

first visit to the Imperial City.....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
What a #/^%.$^! disaster area! Don't visit if you have a weak stomach.

That said I did pick up 3 shards at least....till I got jumped by another alliance.....

I'd run only a higher level character myself (40+)...you'll stand some chance at least.....
I know nutting....
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    My advice for PvE'ers entering Imperial city or Cyrodiil is this:

Go in a group, preferably with a couple people who are decent PvP'ers
    Plan on getting killed/ganked a lot. It's a PvP area so yeah
    Buy the sigils of retreat (I think that's what they're called). Use them BEFORE you get in trouble i.e. if you've already been ganked in the sewers and know there's someone out there.
    Change gear to impen gear
    Wear heavy armor
    If under level 50 go on a non vet campaign
    If you have low cp (<300 or so) go on a non cp campaign
    and Expect to die, a lot.

EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think "expect to die .. a lot" is the best advice.

I have to be in a certain mood to do IC, especially if I'm not with a group.

Also if you are new (or even if not) you might look into "Night's Silence" armor - it's only two trait, but the 5th is sneak at speed, which is sooo useful down there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might seem counterintuitive, but I fare better in campaigns that are not controlled by my faction. This is because 'gankers' (players who get a thrill from sneaking up and killing you before you can react, for your stones) tend to 'farm' players in campaigns that are populated by their opponents. They're not likely to gank in their own faction controlled areas because they'll likely run to only their own faction.

If you do run into players, they're typically PvErs who will avoid conflict or have a fair fight with you.

Only headache is the long ride if your faction doesn't have a keep near the IC entrance.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first impression is that he ran into The Proctato.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    My first impression is that he ran into The Proctato.

Nothing is more awesome than being killed by Vipers and Red Mountain proc'ing at the same time, and if the RNG is out to get you their monster set procs too.

As for the expect to die a lot advice, yes it will happen. Always be mindful of your surroundings.

That being said I did get to do some fishing in IC one day and got 2 perfect roe out of it, and no one attacked me.

My primary Tank runs Black Rose cp160. However you can get BR at your level for or cp150 for 5k Tel Var. I do believe some guild traders are selling it too.

That being said I'm usually only in IC with my medium armored NB or light armored mDK.
    Edited by Delimber on December 28, 2016 12:17PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
    Options
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to cover around 2/3s of the city by sneaking most of the time and did fish a bit in a puddle by a wall.

While I was in there my faction gained and lost areas faster than I could do very much...good thing I just kept moving. I did help bring down a big boss at one point though....dying several times in the process.

Most players in delves in greater Tamriel like to run a lot....I tend to sneak a lot and forage...which is why I don't group much if at all. Most don't know how to sneak...they run...get into a fight...then run to the next.

I notice that in higher level areas (Craglorn?) grouping is needed more...many delves need to be group adventures.

My one 4 person delve was a disaster...with the group leader not knowing when enough was enough.....
    I know nutting....
    Options
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    played in the sewers for a few hours a couple days ago. sneak... sneak... sneak. also, never went further than first boss area. harvested about 500 telvars but kept running back to bank them every few mins. Yep, I'm a coward. LOL
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
    Options
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    I just built a sneaking toon and love it. 15 minutes in the sewers and city made 800 tel var.

Going to have to see how it holds up in Trueflame later tonight.
    Edited by Delimber on December 29, 2016 6:18PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
    Options
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the sewers some till I ran into the biggest conglomeration fron hell I've ever seen...otherwise got past a lot.

What does a telvar stone look like?
    I know nutting....
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    I was in the sewers some till I ran into the biggest conglomeration fron hell I've ever seen...otherwise got past a lot.

What does a telvar stone look like?

I think they are supposed to be broken bits from WGT or something.

Like other currency, you don't see them in game.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is the least thought out DLC that ZOS has produced (Even less thought out than SoH). There's absolutely no point to roaming around in the Imperial City because you'll either get zerged down by 20 people with their proctato builds running or get ganked with one hit from a stealthed player.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That said I did pick up 3 shards at least....till I got jumped by another alliance.....

I'd run only a higher level character myself (40+)...you'll stand some chance at least.....

hate to be the one - but, yeah, IC involves lots and lots and even more L2P...

I imagine though you're level of adrenaline went up a few notches as compared with regular old mundane cyrodiil :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City, ahh what a symbol of glory. Well at least it was and is in Oblivion. IC has always been my favorite place in all of Tamriel. When I came there for the first time in ESO, and I hadn't been there since Oblivion. First super nostalgia "omg Im here again, I know this place! Ive been there!" Then just mega sadness that this gorgeous, magnificent towering city, the pinnacle of glory, grace and pride just in rubble. I got so sad when I saw the home of my main in ruins. (My main is an Imperial.)

But as has been said, PvP area expect to die or run fast a lot.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the rotten heart of Empire. Such visit can't be easy, can it?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I imagine though you're level of adrenaline went up a few notches as compared with regular old mundane cyrodiil :)

L2P when you get hit with 2 procs and a heavy attack out of stealth. :lol:
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »

L2P when you get hit with 2 procs and a heavy attack out of stealth. :lol:

honestly, for the most part, I see cyro as easy mode...IC is where the real beasts and monsters like to hang out...

no guarantee of surviving any encounter in IC- whether the attack is stealthed or not...amd, standing next to a flag can be a very dangerous affair (when it's fun)...

I'm with you though about getting frustrated with stun from stealth and taking about 10k in damage from someone's "armor" they're wearing - not exactly "fair" gameplay...

frustrating as hell...what can I say - i like pleasure spiked with pain...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime i go there now it seems pretty dead.
    The feeling the original IC and then especially the arena district gave me is still unmatched for me but i'm sure alot find ot better now, so be it xD.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biggest problem with imperial city ways the half baked idea of pvp and pve in the same place, they should have been instances seperately, the two sides just don't mix. You may as well throw an electric fire into a bathtub :/
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biggest problem with imperial city ways the half baked idea of pvp and pve in the same place, they should have been instances seperately, the two sides just don't mix. You may as well throw an electric fire into a bathtub :/

I love the mix. It's a PvP zone primarily, so you guys can all get used to that. But there are decent PvE objectives for players to fight over at the same time. Fun stuff.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys