Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nordic bather towel costume - a note on clothing design.

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
It's hard not to notice that when a male character wears the Nordic towel, you can still see their package peeking out from underneath. In the context of Tamriel...where characters don't actually have underwear fused to their bodies...it means that the New Life Festival means a bunch of sweaty guys running around with their balls hanging out.

Perhaps not the worst way to celebrate the new year, but I'd think that the Tamriel clothing design community would have considered this before making the 2" inseam standard on open-bottom male swimsuits.

• DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bath towel isn't a swim suit. Hard to believe this is even a real forum post.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    It's hard not to notice that when a male character wears the Nordic towel, you can still see their package peeking out from underneath. In the context of Tamriel...where characters don't actually have underwear fused to their bodies...it means that the New Life Festival means a bunch of sweaty guys running around with their balls hanging out.

Perhaps not the worst way to celebrate the new year, but I'd think that the Tamriel clothing design community would have considered this before making the 2" inseam standard on open-bottom male swimsuits.

I have the opposite problem. Why is it okay for male characters to expose their chest when the same costume covers female torso. It's time for people to grow up, learn to accept their bodies, and quit turning everything into a crime. FREE THE NIP PLE.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Why is it okay for male characters to expose their chest when the same costume covers female torso...FREE THE NIP PLE.

Because the male chest isn't fetishised like the female's?
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my balls being out :(

Don't take that away from me.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and your problem is?

As a female player, I like that the towel has added to 'the beauty of Tamriel'. ;):D

Besides, my Nord finds it rather refreshing to be so liberating & free.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I like a healthy breeze around my privates".

A cookie to anyone who can name that quote.
    Edited by Ackwalan on December 31, 2016 7:44PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. I think society is becoming more comfortable with displaying the female torso than the male's bottom half. (At least in movies and video games.)

I'll chuckle the day when men have to wear skin tight clothing around their private parts (ball cleavage, anyone?) and be judged by how big or small they are like we women are.
  • Fly666monkey
    Fly666monkey
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I see that you, too, are a Harry Potter fan
    "Let's be honest, I... don't always think my decisions through." -Sanguine
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hehe, I remember too! It's a 4th book, isn't it?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to know what the "towel" really is. Because it does not look like its a towel at all.

Is it a Nordic Bathing Leaf? A Nordic Bathing Sack?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard not to notice that when a male character wears the Nordic towel, you can still see their package peeking out from underneath. In the context of Tamriel...where characters don't actually have underwear fused to their bodies...it means that the New Life Festival means a bunch of sweaty guys running around with their balls hanging out...
    So? it's accurate, or have you never been in an Sauna?
    Well...
    ...actually people in a Sauna usually are completely naked, but I guess that was just too "adult" a content for the game. Besides, the "towel wrapped around them" thing is valid for just before the people enter the sauna, or for those too shy to be completely naked in a sauna, so...
    ...where is the problem again?

I remmber that one... wasn't it in an discussion of how to dress muggle-conforming around the Quidditch world cup? Or do I misremember? Has been a while since I read those books after all...
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a lady....it's not all bad. Very much enjoying the males in towels.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half of Cyrodiil is running around with this towel.

So much better to teabag you all with!
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I dunno. I think society is becoming more comfortable with displaying the female torso than the male's bottom half. (At least in movies and video games.)

I'll chuckle the day when men have to wear skin tight clothing around their private parts (ball cleavage, anyone?) and be judged by how big or small they are like we women are.

Google the 70s
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, oh no. You're talking about a civilization that deals in bloody conflict, creatures from terrifying outworlds trying to manipulate and tear them apart, under fear that any passerby could be a master illusionist or vampire set on enslaving them and their family. A little dangling junk is the least of their worries. :^)
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I remmber that one... wasn't it in an discussion of how to dress muggle-conforming around the Quidditch world cup? Or do I misremember? Has been a while since I read those books after all...

Yup; the protagonists were waiting in line for water IIRC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Harry potter and the goblet of fire. When they where going to get water at the finale in quiditsh.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The towel combined with the Assassin personality makes female characters look really slooty, and I love it. That whole arched back with one cheek peeking out is a real turn-on.

But balls? I think not. I happily /danceargonian on my male Altmer Sorcerer wearing only the towel and my Mananaught Goggles (the goggles do nothing!) and clearly there is some sort of all black loin cloth covering his mana bits.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and your problem is?

As a female player, I like that the towel has added to 'the beauty of Tamriel'. ;):D

Besides, my Nord finds it rather refreshing to be so liberating & free.

As a female player I approve of this message though in my case it's my male redguard who looks mighty fine on the battlefield in his towel.

Thank you ZOS for offering such a wonderful costume for the New Life festival.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Personally I would love it if wearing "Non Combat Costumes" invalidated your armor stats... let them try that kinda thing then! :naughty:
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    But balls? I think not. I happily /danceargonian on my male Altmer Sorcerer wearing only the towel and my Mananaught Goggles (the goggles do nothing!) and clearly there is some sort of all black loin cloth covering his mana bits.

Maybe it's just a case of severe bruising from all the unprotected exposure.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread needs a Sarah McLachlan song and images of sad kittens and puppies.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread needs a Sarah McLachlan song and images of sad kittens and puppies.

Nope, what it really needs is an image of @Grunim 's male redguard! :smiley:

....in the towel, of course!
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's it, we need a "No Bath Towel" campaign.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will name that quote Steve.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Hehe, I remember too! It's a 4th book, isn't it?

Yes, at the world cup...holy memories flooding back.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or do khajiit have underpants on beneath the towel?
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't PvP a whole lot, but I did the other day in the sewers. Had some good fights, but about an hour in I got killed by a High elf Templar who, immediately after winning the fight, proceeded to change into the Nordic Towel before teabagging my lifeless corpse. Y'know, because dedication to the cause... >_>
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters are wearing underwear… 2 Bosmer, an Imperial, and a Breton - all male.

Is there a "hide helmet" toggle I'm missing to see this "feature"?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there could be a new skill added if the female char were allowed to have no tops,, a topless female immediately cc's male toons in there steps. My Breton sorc would like this looooooooool
This discussion has been closed.