Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to play Steams version of ESO due to error

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I keep getting a steam error "Unable to connect to the Steam's network".

Any idea how to play ESO without Steams influences?

By the way this is the only article that I can find that gives me a slight relief that this problem isn't happening just me, but everyone else who uses Steam.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valves-steam-network-is-down/1100-6446498/
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people have luck with running the game directly from the .exe
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No every though, which is odd.

Edited by essi2 on December 23, 2016 5:39PM
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm even having issues trying to log onto Steams website at an attempt to report the error to costumer service..... are they currently getting DDossed as we speak?
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raidentenshu_ESO Unknown, but don't bother reporting. All Steam services and the Web API are down.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its back already, check again
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• warboyo
    warboyo
    It seems us steam users need an authenticate "token" from steam before the login can go ahead which makes sense as to why we can not log in.

Guess we will have to wait, i was going to suggest to play something else but 95% of my games are on steam lool.
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm even having issues trying to log onto Steams website at an attempt to report the error to costumer service..... are they currently getting DDossed as we speak?

Could be, steam has always had trouble handling high traffic and their winter sale just started, so it's not surprising it went down. However, game server logins are typically up so.. there is a possibility it's been hacked. Guess we will find out.
    Edited by DigitalShibby on December 23, 2016 5:55PM
  • WizardShotTheFood
    WizardShotTheFood
    Soul Shriven
    MissBizz wrote: »

Unfortunately, doing so means I lose my ESO Plus benefits. Being able to pay for that with my ill-gotten hat money from my TF2 days is the reason I linked the accounts in the first place.
    DISCLAIMER: Hat money may not literally have been ill-gotten.
    Edited by WizardShotTheFood on December 23, 2016 5:39PM
  • warboyo
    warboyo
    I believe steam is under a heavy DDoS by some kids from LizardSquad.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearybrown wrote: »
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I'm a steam peasant.
    Logged in with default launcher.
    All is going okay now, but eso plus is not activated.
    I can take it. Good luck to Gabe.

what do you mean default launcher?

i tried using bethesda launcher and put in my ids and all but it says "if you buy games from steam, please start via steam launcher".

if he bought the game in steam before November 2016, he can use both launchers
    actually he have two eso accounts instead of one now

@bearybrown

Explains why some people can login through the launcher and others can't.
    Sounds reasonable, @MissBizz

• raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its back already, check again

Still the same error for me. I've restarted my computer several times now, and I keep getting the same results from Steams software.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and I'm such a ***.... I just went on offline mode on Steam and I was able to get ESO working again....

#Noobmoment
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess not.... can't play ESO when Steam's network is currently offline :(

kqYdeX7.png
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I kinda of thought the "some people" part was if you had linked it to steam or not, which is a newer feature. Hopefully steam gets back up soon for everyone!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • mnznp
    mnznp
    ✭✭
    same issues here :`(
    can't play eso because steam is offline.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    That's a great workaround, @raidentenshu_ESO!

We're aware of the issue Steam is having but don't have any additional information. I'll update you folks when I get any additional information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »

We're aware of the issue Steam is having but don't have any additional information. I'll update you folks when I get any additional information.

Except it does not look like it works? Can you confirm that Steam being down will prevent people who bought ESO through Steam from playing?
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    tanek wrote: »

Except it does not look like it works? Can you confirm that Steam being down will prevent people who bought ESO through Steam from playing?

if you bought the game in steam before November 2016, you can use both launchers
    actually you have two eso accounts instead of one now

there is NO WAY to play in ESO outside of steam, if you bought ESO in steam after November 2016
    Edited by EnviousStruggle on December 23, 2016 6:02PM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

You're correct. I was able to get in by going to

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    and selecting Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

If anyone is struggling with steam version of ESO try this method. It worked for me and I was able to get into the server without Steams influence.
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    there is NO WAY to play in ESO outside of steam, if you bought ESO in steam after November 2016
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    I am unable to confirm but I suspect that @EnviousStruggle is correct. Try @raidentenshu_ESO's solution and if it doesn't work for you, please be patient while Steam works to resolve this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or during November, since I purchased it again for PC November 22nd and can't back door login.
  • bearybrown
    I am unable to confirm but I suspect that @EnviousStruggle is correct. Try @raidentenshu_ESO's solution and if it doesn't work for you, please be patient while Steam works to resolve this issue.

When we buy this game from steam, it require us to create an account from TESO to link with steam.

why we can't use said account to log in too?
    DC or DIE
  • mnznp
    mnznp
    ✭✭
    What will happen if I bought the game from website one year ago and after November 2016 I bought a copy again on Steam, then connected the previous account to my Steam account?
    tanek wrote: »

if you bought the game in steam before November 2016, you can use both launchers
    actually you have two eso accounts instead of one now

• tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭

When we buy this game from steam, it require us to create an account from TESO to link with steam.

I'm wondering this, too. Why tie the game directly to Steam, essentially making your ability to play depend on BOTH systems being up and running?
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK You closed my thread because in your opinion the issue is the same.
    I am able to play the game fine because mine is an older version, my request was for Zenimax to hold the plus info in their own servers so it doesnt need to rely on steam being on all the time.
    Its a different problem, with a much more simple solution.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/310095/zenimax-steam-is-offline-and-with-it-my-plus-is-gone#latest
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK You closed my thread because in your opinion the issue is the same.
    lol here is the quote from the thread you created..
    This never happened while i was using pre-paid plus, but now that im buying steam plus access for some reason when steam is down you guys strip me down of my plus access.
    You better check a way upon activation to hold the plus info in YOUR SERVER instead of relying on steam for it, i might learn how to play without plus and then keep the money to myself in the future if this becomes too frequent.

now here is the quote from THIS threads OP..
    I keep getting a steam error "Unable to connect to the Steam's network".

Any idea how to play ESO without Steams influences?

By the way this is the only article that I can find that gives me a slight relief that this problem isn't happening just me, but everyone else who uses Steam.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valves-steam-network-is-down/1100-6446498/

Are you able to see why one gets locked and one stays open?

Again as I stated in your thread before it got locked, if you purchased your eso plus subscription through steam, that means steam needs to be up and running for the sub to be verified by eso.

Steam will come online again at some point, the sky isn't falling.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hi Daryak The method that I used seem to be working well for me thus far. In fact my FPS seems to have improved since I started using the alternative launcher.

My steam files are all on my D drive so the location would be tad bit different for players who stored it on their C drives. But anyhow :)
    5N5Rnrj.png

Make sure you click on the application to avoid launching Steams version of the ESO launcher.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on December 23, 2016 6:39PM
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭

@bearybrown incorrect

we need to finish registration on the site, according to changes in steam from 2nd November
    OR LINK with existing ESO account
    Edited by EnviousStruggle on December 23, 2016 6:40PM
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    @raidentenshu_ESO its only working if you have steam version older than 02 November 2016
    OR if you had non-steam account(bought not in steam too) and link it with steam
    Edited by EnviousStruggle on December 23, 2016 6:42PM