Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to play Steams version of ESO due to error

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    I am unable to confirm but I suspect that @EnviousStruggle is correct. Try @raidentenshu_ESO's solution and if it doesn't work for you, please be patient while Steam works to resolve this issue.

Hi Daryak The method that I used seem to be working well for me thus far. In fact my FPS seems to have improved since I started using the alternative launcher.

My steam files are all on my D drive so the location would be tad bit different for players who stored it on their C drives. But anyhow :)
    5N5Rnrj.png

Make sure you click on the application to avoid launching Steams version of the ESO launcher.

I can confirm that this works for ESO accounts that are bound to Steam. Thanks @raidentenshu_ESO!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS everyone - the steam website is working.

So I believe steam is back up!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WizardShotTheFood
    WizardShotTheFood
    Soul Shriven
    I am unable to confirm but I suspect that @EnviousStruggle is correct. Try @raidentenshu_ESO's solution and if it doesn't work for you, please be patient while Steam works to resolve this issue.
    Unfortunately, doing so means I lose my ESO Plus benefits. Being able to pay for that with my ill-gotten hat money from my TF2 days is the reason I linked the accounts in the first place.
    DISCLAIMER: Hat money may not literally have been ill-gotten.
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I don't think that means steam is back up..I think it just means the website is..
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Steam is back up but the game is still broke probably but from some reports guys Steam got DDosed some say it was server overload. Either or way steam was down
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again as I stated in your thread before it got locked, if you purchased your eso plus subscription through steam, that means steam needs to be up and running for the sub to be verified by eso.

Steam will come online again at some point, the sky isn't falling.

Those pre-paid subscriptions were always purchased in other companies sites and vendors and upon activation zenimax always got a hold on the subscription information without relying on them, also, for me and most of my brazilian friends and guildies, buying plus from the official site was never an option even with international cards because in the last step of the transaction you would get a pretty generic error and have no clue if its something with your adress or anything else.

Once both servers "talk" to each other for the first time, there shouldnt be a need for them to be always "talking" so you can use the service you paid for, zenimax servers can hold that information for themselves.

Edited by alephthiago on December 23, 2016 6:50PM
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like you're right, its online again.
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    i opened it from gforce experience, ran it and its working
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam was up, and then went back down according to some tweets.
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam was up, and then went back down according to some tweets.

its up now, but not all of it, since you still cant log onto ESO via steam.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To the blazing hell with Steam. I'm going to start using ESO's alternative launcher form now on. My game seems to be running far better without Steams launcher :wink:
  • Sairef
    Sairef
    Soul Shriven

To the blazing hell with Steam. I'm going to start using ESO's alternative launcher form now on. My game seems to be running far better without Steams launcher :wink:

I am really happy about you. What about players who bought steam version month ago? I cant play anyway.
    Edited by Sairef on December 23, 2016 7:11PM
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people have luck with running the game directly from the .exe

You're correct. I was able to get in by going to

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    and selecting Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

If anyone is struggling with steam version of ESO try this method. It worked for me and I was able to get into the server without Steams influence.

BLESS YOU MY CHILD
    UoO39dj.gif
  • mnznp
    mnznp
    ✭✭
    That's a great workaround, @raidentenshu_ESO!

We're aware of the issue Steam is having but don't have any additional information. I'll update you folks when I get any additional information.

Please make Plus membership on ESO account!! I subscribed it on Steam but when I changed the launcher I lost it :neutral:
  • Sairef
    Sairef
    Soul Shriven

I was able to login with steam right now.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    If anyone is still unable to log in, please reply to let us know. If you're able to log in through Steam but still don't see your ESO Plus benefits, please send me a PM with your ESO User ID.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap like this is why I think steam is the plague... If you bought the damn game and verified it once it shouldn't force you to go through them every single time ESPECIALLY for MMO games.with their own methods.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is still unable to log in, please reply to let us know. If you're able to log in through Steam but still don't see your ESO Plus benefits, please send me a PM with your ESO User ID.
    Edit:
    I'm stupid. I misspelled my id <.<
    Edited by SanSan on December 23, 2016 10:51PM
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A good little fix.. though maybe breaking contracts (Dunno what Zenimax and Valve have agreed to). Would be to release a patch to ESO that allows steam users to login as normal users. Its not like Valve has a foot to stand on when their service isn't available. Zenimax shouldn't have its users struggle because of that.

Course this is why I refrain from playing MMOs through Steam. They get wonky when Steam spazzes out. My single player games function fine in offline mode at least.
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    @Riejael you want a rollback to old system?
    never
    ZOS will not do this
    because new system prevents from abuses like you can play 2 weeks witthout steam, and then refund by steam because steam showing you didnt launch the game at all

or new system allow us to achieve steam cards
    Edited by EnviousStruggle on December 24, 2016 7:21AM