Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Destro Ultimate Nerf!

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
Clearly the game has been broken since release but the destro ultimate is the biggest cheese right now its like the fourth of july on eso.
  • TheSeer
    TheSeer
    ✭✭✭
    22690f7965535d0795059aaf1dcb5864fe770ccfa07880a3dcbd64d55b24ae7c.jpg

Seriously though, I see proc sets that are more annoying.

Alliance: Alderi Dominion / Ebonheart Pact •
    Gamer Tag: Unspoken Seer •
    Platform: Xbox One •
    Server: NA •
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya I'd say proc sets are a bigger issue over destro ults
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, one of major lag creators in PvP zones right now. "I win" button in several builds. Well, hopefully February will bring some positive change on both destro ultis and proc sets.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just stick a negate on them?
    My internet is invalid
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    Can't you just stick a negate on them?

nope.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so something that is being perceived as being abused by some in PvP will lead to the PvE crowd also paying the price. Won't be the first time that's happened.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day the red zerg was sitting in the middle of Alessia bridge. They would charge their ultimate then fire a couple of destro ultis and run out the bridge to the yellow side and decimate all in front of them then quickly run back to middle of bridge. It was quite fun just to put a banner down as they run out then run away. They all run through my banner and other people's ultis and I get a bit of ap for the ones that die. I am not sure who is more stupid. The people running out our the people being run over.
    Edited by hydrocynus on December 23, 2016 8:21AM
    My internet is invalid
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No more nerfing! Nerf the nerf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Leave the destro ultimate alone already.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    Ah, so something that is being perceived as being abused by some in PvP will lead to the PvE crowd also paying the price. Won't be the first time that's happened.

also true the other way around.

Blocking regen nerf was because tanking was too easy in pve. Therefore it got changed and that was the final nail on mag dk in pvp for like a year.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blocking regen nerf was because tanking was too easy in pve. Therefore it got changed and that was the final nail on mag dk in pvp for like a year.

That's not true. Blocking regen was removed to stop permablockers in PVP
    My internet is invalid
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "right guys, got ulti?"

All 3 say "ready"

"ok 3 2 1"

"OMG we so OP!"

"yeah, great tactics guys"
    PC EU
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If youre a sorcerer, negate pretty much counters eye of the storm. Preventing the enemy from stacking damage on top of the ulti or healing themselves. All they can do is step out of negate and waste 250 ulti .
    Edited by Ankael07 on December 23, 2016 8:30AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was removed to stop how easy tanks were in pve? A dev said that wanted tanking to be more interactive and not just hold block, they wanted them to do more.

Permablockers had their counters in pve.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on December 23, 2016 8:32AM
    PS4 EU DC

• mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    dude like i said everyone in cyrodil running around with it and the terrible broken proc sets it's ridiculous that the only way to get kills in this game is if you have a cheese proc set on just pathetic these destro ultimates killing the game even worse.
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how the destro ult is in PVE but I strongly doubt people use it in PVP way more then PVE they just exploiting it so bad once you use it you automatically have it right back again
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pve the other morph would be used because of more dmg.

How to balance it for pvp without upsetting all of the pve carebears.

Eye of the storm : Reduces dmg of this morph by 15% or 20%

The skill is now blockable.

Simple.
    PS4 EU DC

• hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    If youre a sorcerer, negate pretty much counters eye of the storm. Preventing the enemy from stacking damage on top of the ulti or healing themselves. All they can do is step out of negate and waste 250 ulti .
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Aaaah ok. So the ultimate itself is not negateable but all the support that goes with it is. Makes sense. So a negate and some fiery rage on the bridge at the same spot will melt them cos they can't heal/shield themselves.
    My internet is invalid
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was removed to stop how easy tanks were in pve? A dev said that wanted tanking to be more interactive and not just hold block, they wanted them to do more.

Permablockers had their counters in pve.

As does destro ultimate it seems.
    My internet is invalid
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that people think using broken sets ultimates and thinking they are good it takes no skill like what is the point when everyone is using the same exact thing just like viper it takes no skill like i said the proc sets are the most broken in this game but they want to focus on updates and new content
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....the most broken in this game but they want to focus on updates and new content

To be fair. I play mostly as a templar these days. I need a house. It is important.
    My internet is invalid
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf-vortex-ultra-lite-football_original.jpeg?1323814844

146476-javert-beating-dead-horse-gif-oRL9.gif

Those are how I sum up this thread.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the destro ult'er from distance is quick and easy as they are mainly focused on the people around them.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its easy once after you kill their healers, a tank protecting it, get down all their shields and also burn a tent to stop the zerg flow.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheSeer wrote: »
    22690f7965535d0795059aaf1dcb5864fe770ccfa07880a3dcbd64d55b24ae7c.jpg

Seriously though, I see proc sets that are more annoying.

Proc sets are effective on a single target but these ultimates can whipe a group or a single target..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 23, 2016 12:40PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eye of xxx morph simply needs to cancel if weapon changing off the destro bar. All that is needed.

That and a slight reduction of damage for this morph. The stationary morph can stay exactly like it is.
    Edited by Leandor on December 23, 2016 10:27AM
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    Ya I'd say proc sets are a bigger issue over destro ults

Proc sets are nowhere near the Destro ult. Large scale battles aren't determined off Viper, or Tremor -- and Veli is the most broken piece of *** in eso -- it's a complete toss-up whether or not it's even going to help you when you're ganking.

There just shouldn't be a counterless ult that deals 4-6k dmg per tick to decent builds. It's at least technically possible to counter proc sets -- it's just not easy/consistent.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bat swarm was worst for most of the games existence with no target limit and not a thing was done about it, radiant destruction is a bigger problem than that. Destro ult should be on the bottom of the priority list right now
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I survived eye of the storm attack attempts 3 times in PVP last night.

for the love of goodness if a scrub like me can survive it, then maybe just maybe you can look at how you play and do it differently.

Goodness, any time anyone dies to anything in PVP here the first thing they do is come here and shout for a nerf.

Eye of the storm is only OP if you stand in it. I thought it was supposed to be the weakest ultimate according to all the shouting about it when the ultimates came?
    Edited by JD2013 on December 23, 2016 10:59AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I survived eye of the storm attack attempts 3 times in PVP last night.

for the love of goodness if a scrub like me can survive it, then maybe just maybe you can look at how you play and do it differently.

Goodness, any time anyone dies to anything in PVP here the first thing they do is come here and shout for a nerf.

Eye of the storm is only OP if you stand in it. I thought it was supposed to be the weakest ultimate according to all the shouting about it when the ultimates came?

Please, I beg you, next time make a video and post it.
    When a huge zerg riding on self created lag pops desto ultis, I rarely survive for more that 2 seconds. Its either trying to fight them off, or going away and handing them a keep.
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    I get more Tremorscale and Viper kill markers than eye of the storm. Bizarre. :/