Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Destro Ultimate Nerf!

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty broken in PvP. It should definitely be blockable. It'd be fine then.

But you know it's strong when you see a 1000% increase in Templars using a destro. Wonder why.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I survived eye of the storm attack attempts 3 times in PVP last night.

for the love of goodness if a scrub like me can survive it, then maybe just maybe you can look at how you play and do it differently.

Goodness, any time anyone dies to anything in PVP here the first thing they do is come here and shout for a nerf.

Eye of the storm is only OP if you stand in it. I thought it was supposed to be the weakest ultimate according to all the shouting about it when the ultimates came?

I want to use this post to put forth a point that always bothers me.

It's not you that survived the Destro ult attacks, it's your character -- more specifically it's your build. The main build I play can (mostly) survive all the gank builds, and I can heal through the destro ult no problem. It's not me that can do that -- it's my build. Put anyone who's familiar with the game into the same build -- and they'd survive the same things.

ZoS number one priority should be to get DDs out of heavy! You do this by nerfing the proc sets, and nerfing the destro ult, and nerfing heavy. Sometimes I get bored and go to a 6 Medium Hulking/Spriggan build and it's really fun -- all the way up until I'm hit by the unavoidable destro ult -- or ganked off my horse and oneshotted. Things that simply do not happen when I'm in 5 Heavy.

Edit: What do you mean "If you stand in it?" You can't escape it most of the time, it's an 8 (or is it 9) meter radius of death that follows the caster. A Magplar or MagNB have zero issues gapclosing you with it.
    Edited by SnubbS on December 23, 2016 11:16AM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

for the love of goodness if a scrub like me can survive it, then maybe just maybe you can look at how you play and do it differently.

Goodness, any time anyone dies to anything in PVP here the first thing they do is come here and shout for a nerf.

Eye of the storm is only OP if you stand in it. I thought it was supposed to be the weakest ultimate according to all the shouting about it when the ultimates came?

Please, I beg you, next time make a video and post it.
    When a huge zerg riding on self created lag pops desto ultis, I rarely survive for more that 2 seconds. Its either trying to fight them off, or going away and handing them a keep.

Next time I PVP I will try and record some. It helps that I run with a good guild group who help one another out, and that I have good heals. Basically it involved me dodging and healing a lot. That's how I survived. Was it dumb luck? Probably. But it is survivable.

There was a massive zerg of EP and a small group of AD, EP were trying to melt us with Eye of the Storm, and AD were trying to proc us to death, and somehow, miraculously, I survived. As did the group I was running with.

tbf the biggest killer in PVP is lag when abilities don't fire off, or it's so laggy you can't see visual cues from abilities.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Please, I beg you, next time make a video and post it.
    When a huge zerg riding on self created lag pops desto ultis, I rarely survive for more that 2 seconds. Its either trying to fight them off, or going away and handing them a keep.

Next time I PVP I will try and record some. It helps that I run with a good guild group who help one another out, and that I have good heals. Basically it involved me dodging and healing a lot. That's how I survived. Was it dumb luck? Probably. But it is survivable.

There was a massive zerg of EP and a small group of AD, EP were trying to melt us with Eye of the Storm, and AD were trying to proc us to death, and somehow, miraculously, I survived. As did the group I was running with.

tbf the biggest killer in PVP is lag when abilities don't fire off, or it's so laggy you can't see visual cues from abilities.

Its not easy to get away from any Good Mage Blade or MDK (apply all buff + apply either snare/root/stun and cast Ultimate = lot of AP)

Destro Ultimate ia a real killer and can whipe a full group, its seems you are on the same board spamming Destro Ultimate!

I like it and its fun, i do not want it to nerf but ZOS shiuld buff others and bring to same level!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 23, 2016 12:46PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    Ah, so something that is being perceived as being abused by some in PvP will lead to the PvE crowd also paying the price. Won't be the first time that's happened.

Dead horse.

Things get nerfed because ZOS Devs decide to nerf them, they don't have to listen to anybody.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 23, 2016 1:03PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about just remove the healing debuff in Cyrodiil?

Perceived proc set and weapon ultimate problem solved.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    How about just remove the healing debuff in Cyrodiil?

Perceived proc set and weapon ultimate problem solved.

Uh, no thanks.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so something that is being perceived as being abused by some in PvP will lead to the PvE crowd also paying the price. Won't be the first time that's happened.

+1
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the destro ultimate one of the reason stam is pretty much banned from hard mode and trials in general if your going for score.So yes its pretty op in PVe as we'll.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That destro ult is way more of an issue than proc sets. Both deserve to be thrown in the trash.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't blame the PvP players, it's ZoS that refuses to balance PvP and PvE separately.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Eye of xxx morph simply needs to cancel if weapon changing off the destro bar. All that is needed.

That and a slight reduction of damage for this morph. The stationary morph can stay exactly like it is.

It'd be nice if it was blockable...
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yea there's a lot of scrubs that don't know what they're doing. If players want to get the most of their destro ultis they should be gap closing, stunning and immobilizing, not just hoping you stick around and enjoy the pretty shower.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA