The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ELK should have came with WARNING labels

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the absurdly huge price, it should be able to sing Molag Carols and have red glowing nose ( or blye/yellow depending on Alliance ). Not to be a crippled product that does not even have normal things working on it, like bag removal and stuff. Really disappointed...
    Edited by Enslaved on December 22, 2016 8:02PM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    For the absurdly huge price, it should be able to sing Molag Carols and have red glowing nose ( or blye/yellow depending on Alliance ). Not to be a crippled product that does not even have normal things working on it, like bag removal and stuff. Really disappointed...

Too funny!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could have made the antlers of the elk in steel and done something REALLY COOL with the armor. This is just pure laziness.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope everyone who buys it is as disappointed as possible.
    Edited by Sallington on December 22, 2016 8:30PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    I hope everyone who buys it is as disappointed as possible.

And still no answer from ZOS at all...
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone post a picture of the mount in-game please, I can't find anyone online who has one or is willing to show me :(

I have my settings set to hide all speed/stamina/carry capacity, and when I preview the other mounts in the store, they don't show any saddle bags. When I preview the elk, it shows one bag on each side of the saddle.

So when you actually purchase the mount and use it, does it have more than one saddle bag on each side? If it only has one on each side, then they have advertised it correctly. However if it actually displays more when bought, then it is false advertising (kinda a big deal in Australia, don't know about you US peeps).

I'm going to buy it regardless in a few days, but would love to see it in-game beforehand.
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably just a bug so don't worry, six months from now you'll have a nice looking mount
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    1. NO option to hide saddle-bags on mount...
    2. NO mount armor designed...

If I knew this I wouldn't have bought it.
    We need answers if this is a bug or intended @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I feel like the preview for mounts should reflect any visual upgrades you have activated (stam, speed, bag space). This way you can see what the mount looks like with or without its gear.

The preview system on the crown store is in a really poor state currently. It's definitely left me feeling mislead after a few of my purchases.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Actually disregard my above post, I just bought it :D The elk looks exactly the same as it was displayed in the store.

So, the elk with one saddle bag on each side is the 'base model' just like all the other mounts have a 'base model' as displayed in the store.

The complaint should not be that the elk cannot HIDE features, the complaint should be that you cannot DISPLAY the speed/stamina/carry capacity features that you CAN display on all the other mounts.

*EDIT - PS: Totally love the mount as it is, worth the investment, especially because it's only out for a limited time.
    Edited by Scarlett_Princess on December 22, 2016 9:11PM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. NO option to hide saddle-bags on mount...
    2. NO mount armor designed...

If I knew this I wouldn't have bought it.
    We need answers if this is a bug or intended @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

To me this is just even more reason not to get it. 4500 Crowns AND its not customizable like other mounts.....ZOS is legit turning into snakes in the grass.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I do want to point out that this is exactly the kind of shenanigans I was expecting to see after Crown Crates went live. If it's not a scambox exclusive then rush it out the door with an inflated price tag and call it a job well done. GG ZOS.

Pretty much, yeah.

I didn't expect it to happen so early and in such an obvious manner, though. I thought ZOS would be a little less obvious about the new direction of the game at first to try to fool the inexperienced MMO players into thinking nothing was going to change. Well...
    Ragdoll wrote: »
    Capacity Upgrades gives you these extra saddle bags which no one in this game really likes the look of.
    Oh well.... how I love generalisations...

My advice for buying mounts (or basically anything in the crown store): Check it out on the PTS first, especially if it's something expensive. I thought about buying the camel, but after I tested it on PTS I decided otherwise.

That would be great if it was possible, but not everything goes to the PTS before going live, and the PTS and the live Crown Stores are not updated together.
    Edited by Abeille on December 22, 2016 9:14PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nvyr
    nvyr
    ✭✭
    Again with you don't have to buy it line. Its the price and greed that irrates most folks not the mount itself.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I didn't need to throw mudball at you for buying it! ZOS did so in my stead. o:)

Edited by Tasear on December 22, 2016 10:27PM
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    So I didn't need to throw mudball at you for buying it! ZOS did so in my stead. o:)

That wasn't mud :|
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.

LAME, LAZY excuse.
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    One question: why it is so expensive, just make it clear how do you set prices for such mount which looks so simple as many other mounts and has a very poor animation after doing spacebar? Dro-mathra Senche is much more better created and was at similar price. Just please make it clear what was the reason to set such price for not so unique mount? Also how about to let players to make a refunds for next 1 hour after purchase?
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Elk price wasn´t at all the christmas gift i wished from ZOS :'( really disappointed and losing some faith in them...
    If a mount is 4500 crowns, what will be the price of the crown houses???? 20.000 crowns? 50.000 crowns? :s
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I agree this thing should have came with a warning label. But not because of the reasons stipulated by the OP. But because of the God awful noise it makes.

I almost had to turn my sound off today because a player kept making it scream while I was trying to browse the guild traders. One of the most annoying sounds ever.

So that's one reason to buy it
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is getting lazy,

L A Z Y

unsubscribed, disliked, reported to my local youtubeheroes. Wait, wrong meme.
    And so the stupids rage starts. I frickin love this mount, why does everyone feel the need to rage about spending their own money? You didn't have to buy it you know, it isn't meta or anything.

4,500 Crowns. Nothing in-game would give anyone the impression that this mount in particular lacks a feature that is seen almost across the board on all other items of its type. Just because it's not something that effects combat gameplay, does not mean no one can be upset about it being a bad deal and poor business practice.

4,500 crowns
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on December 22, 2016 10:52PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Been an awful lot of miscommunication from you guys recently with crown store items. You forgot to mention that the Frostcaster motif came with 50 less mimic stones than the Grim Harlequinn motif, or that the New Life hoods and hats couldn't be dyed, the list goes on. At a certain point it begins to feel intentional.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saddle bags on mounts and hip/ butt flaps on character armor are, I feel, the worst visual design decision in this game. Hopefully an inevitable--however far off--customization tool will help with the nastiest offenders.

But I'm assuming the mount is broken, since you can hide the bags on every other mount.

Edited for spelling--typing on an iPhone lol. Also, that sucks (re:MissBizz's comment)
    Edited by Peekachu99 on December 22, 2016 11:48PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Saddle bags on mounts and hip/ butt flaps on character armor and, I feel, the worst visual design decision in this game. Hopefully an inevitable--however far off--customization tool will help with the nastiest offenders.

But I'm assuming the mount is broken, since you can hide the bags on every other mount.

@Peekachu99 scroll up from your post. Someone quoted zos' comment on how no riding upgrade visuals is intended.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quoted content has been removed.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom since you do take feedback, please pass this along:

This game is becoming too rich for my blood. The Frostcaster/ mimic stone fiasco was one of the shadiest things I have seen done in an MMO Online Store.

A good mount from the Crown Crates is averaging $100 by my estimates.

Now 4500 Crowns for a mount.

I'm really getting the feeling that I'm not your target demographic anymore. I spend about $100 a month on ESO, at most $200.

You have every right to charge whatever you want for an item. But ESO isn't the only game in town, and you guys have done nothing to placate the bad blood. Most of the time our concerns, presented in mass, go ignored.

If customers like me are valuable to you, you need to make some changes.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 23, 2016 8:35PM
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • emil.7larsensb16_ESO
    I have to admit, I for one actually thought the price was reasonable.

Yes, I was quite skeptical at first, but hey, in my EMail it said "Majestic Elk Mount" and I was like hell-to-the-yes.

I for one am a student, and I do not have a lot of cash, of course I was in shock when I saw the price tag, but I thought. "Hmm, that means it will be more special to see people riding on it!" Because I for one have always dreamt of an Elk mount since Skyrim, I even created my own mod for it where I could ride on the White Stag. I have long searched for medieval games whom had it, and I knew that ESO is the "Game of opportunities."

And I bought it, without hesitation.

Here's where I feel a bit disappointed to say the least...
    I have long wandered Wrothgar ever since I saw that someone datamined this elk, and I sorta dreamt of having it, I honestly, and this is gonna sound pretty stupid, couldn't sleep last night because I was THAT exicted, and since I live in Denmark and ZoS is in the US I actually didn't really know when they'd announce it. I took a nap and before I knew it, messages rolled in on Skype, where people said "OH MY GURD, IT'S HERE!"

Anyways, to make make a long reply a bit shorter...

I came to realize something, frankly.
    The Elk is more or less a copy of the Horse. I've seen how the elks in Wrothgar and various other places "ran" and they sorta glided elegantly through the fields, as an elk does in real life. Whilst this Elk sorta just runs exactly, EXACTLY like a horse.
    Also when you press Spacebar, all mounts actually tend to have a unique movement, this one does EXACTLY like the horse.
    It doesn't stand correct either, it stands exactly like a horse as well, and it doesn't walk like an elk either.
    The biggest detail that sorta catches my eye, is not the fact that it is the only mount to have extremely small eyes (which, by the way, is not normal for a deer, elk or moose. They got big beautiful brown ones and this Elk has smaller eyes than the senches.)
    It's the fact that when it runs, it sounds like it got horse shoes on. Exactly, you guessed it, like the horse.

I literally used 4500 crowns, which was money that was supposed to go to a cinema movie with my family that we planend since last year, which I can't get back now, to a mount that is literally a Horse. Even the head isn't shaped like an elks. I literally stood side by side with those in Wrothgar to "face my fears". This mount is an exact copy of the horse, only with a built in hat-rack. And I sorta expected it to be an elk.

P.S. I really don't mind that you can't see upgrades, like more bags or straps around it's legs, because I never really liked that anyways.

P.P.S. I am a huge fan of this game, and I honestly believe that this game is the best MMO there is, and take that from a guy who have only played MMOS besides Oblivion and Skyrim. And I geniunly believe that ZoS And Bethesda does qood, good work! But on this paticular mount, it feels like a few changes would do it justice.

Especially from my point of view.

Something I posted on the other forum, but I see this one has more activity.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4500 crowns are not equal to 30$ for everyone. It even equals to zero for those who use sub crowns. It's about 18$ for those who bought discounted crowns. Regardless, you don't get to judge what is a "stupid" or a "good" purchase for anyone else.

That being said, I'd like to remind everyone that housing is coming, undoubtedly with its fair share of crown store exclusive stuff. Even if you have "free" crowns left, you might consider saving them for housing decoration.

In my case, I have quite a bunch of crowns available from subs and I really intended to buy the elk, which is gorgeous. BUT... 4500 crowns really IS a high toll... combined with the perspective of housing stuff coming soon, I'll pass on the elk :-(

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 23, 2016 8:34PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alliance War Horse has no options for upgrade display
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 23, 2016 8:34PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Your excuse was just lame and lazy to be honest.

If you said "Hi guys, this was a poor design decision of ours and we truly apologize" I would have been okay with that.

But instead you come up with these lame excuses that "some do, some don't have the option to turn Upgrades off" when that's not true when ALL mounts have that option except this one.

Just own your stuff! We deserve better, the people who place a paycheck on your table.

That's entirely different. You can already buy a regular black, gray, beige horse seperate from this Alliance War horse.
    Edited by andreasranasen on December 22, 2016 11:35PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Your excuse was just lame and lazy to be honest.

If you said "Hi guys, this was a poor design decision of ours and we truly apologize" I would have been okay with that.

But instead you come up with these lame excuses that "some do, some don't have the option to turn Upgrades off" when that's not true when ALL mounts have that option except this one.

Just own your stuff! We deserve better, the people who place a paycheck on your table.

That's entirely different. You can already buy a regular black, gray, beige horse seperate from this Alliance War horse.

You mean it doesn't count because there are other horses?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • XxLone_WolfxX402
    Hi everyone,

yes ofc course you take into account the feedback from the community that is total sorry but donkey s**** when the s**** dro mathra senche came out people were pissed and did not like the fact it was 5k crowns the forums were filled /w angry players. NOW it has happened again for the second time not includig the amazing crown crates which make "greddy zos" even more greedy. But then to write something like this in a forum post when clearly everyone dislikes the fact that this mount costs so much, this agai is a repeat from the dro mathera senche. Greedy ZOS clearly only thiks of the monez aspect and says secretly f*** the community we will make more of this over priced s**** cos as quoted "we do take your feedback into consideration" yea sure.....
    Wolves are like me, misunderstood, beautiful and wild. Never able to be tamed. The epitome of freedom. All we want is to be accepted and loved for who we are.