Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Eye of the Storm is beyond OP (maybe even broken) when used by an EMP.

Hammy01
Hammy01
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that many people have complained about the destro Ult being op for some time now and it is a really strong Ult on most players but when it is used by the EMP it is stupidly OP. I am not sure how many campaigns currently have an EMP that is using the Eye of the Storm Ult but the Red Emp on Xbox EU does use it and it is pretty much game over for everyone else. Not only does the destro morph itself does a ton of damage but when it is paired with Proxy Det and Vicious Death you have no hope of ever holding any flags as long as the Emp is there. The Emp has way too much health, regens Ult to fast and can use an immovable pot to be immune to CC.. so in that 15 seconds of immunity the Emp alone can wipe out a very large group of attackers/defenders by himself. Most of this is do to the fact that the only real way to fight against the Eye of the Storm morph is to stay out of its path but that is so very hard to do in a keep / outpost where we have limited space.. we need more ways to be able to shut down Eye of the Storm users or else you will see nothing else but Emps running some sort of Eye of the Storm build and being pretty much God like!!

Anyways sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest as I feel it is just another nail in the coffin for PvP unless something is done to fix it. Please for the love of all that is good ZOS, when you create skills (especially AOE) try to think worse case scenario.. like what would happen if we create this extremely strong AOE Ult that can be very hard to avoid or deal with and give it to the most powerful person on the server (Emperor)? Thinking about this stuff ahead of time may lessen the pain and suffering most of us PvPers experience daily!!
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9b3.png
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    I know that many people have complained about the destro Ult being op for some time now and it is a really strong Ult on most players but when it is used by the EMP it is stupidly OP. I am not sure how many campaigns currently have an EMP that is using the Eye of the Storm Ult but the Red Emp on Xbox EU does use it and it is pretty much game over for everyone else. Not only does the destro morph itself does a ton of damage but when it is paired with Proxy Det and Vicious Death you have no hope of ever holding any flags as long as the Emp is there. The Emp has way too much health, regens Ult to fast and can use an immovable pot to be immune to CC.. so in that 15 seconds of immunity the Emp alone can wipe out a very large group of attackers/defenders by himself. Most of this is do to the fact that the only real way to fight against the Eye of the Storm morph is to stay out of its path but that is so very hard to do in a keep / outpost where we have limited space.. we need more ways to be able to shut down Eye of the Storm users or else you will see nothing else but Emps running some sort of Eye of the Storm build and being pretty much God like!!

Anyways sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest as I feel it is just another nail in the coffin for PvP unless something is done to fix it. Please for the love of all that is good ZOS, when you create skills (especially AOE) try to think worse case scenario.. like what would happen if we create this extremely strong AOE Ult that can be very hard to avoid or deal with and give it to the most powerful person on the server (Emperor)? Thinking about this stuff ahead of time may lessen the pain and suffering most of us PvPers experience daily!!

WAAAAH WAAAH WAAAAH i got killed by emperor WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH!!!!

dude get over yourself. emperors hit hard, they suppose to hit hard. if you kill an emp easy, the guy aint playing emp right. i have had an emp run up to me while i was alone trying to prep a keep and he just runs up to me stops and looks at me. now i know he aint letting me get away so i start attacking, if i gonna die, dont let it be said i died a coward. wanna know how i died? meteor he dropped his freakin meteor on 1 guy. guess what did i come to forums and rage out on meteor? no i didnt. because i know there are guys out there who can beat me without emp, so why should i cry just cause emp killed me?
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

WAAAAH WAAAH WAAAAH i got killed by emperor WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH!!!!

dude get over yourself. emperors hit hard, they suppose to hit hard. if you kill an emp easy, the guy aint playing emp right. i have had an emp run up to me while i was alone trying to prep a keep and he just runs up to me stops and looks at me. now i know he aint letting me get away so i start attacking, if i gonna die, dont let it be said i died a coward. wanna know how i died? meteor he dropped his freakin meteor on 1 guy. guess what did i come to forums and rage out on meteor? no i didnt. because i know there are guys out there who can beat me without emp, so why should i cry just cause emp killed me?

This wasn't an emp killing one guy with a meteor. It was an emp using a broken ult to mow down an entire keep of defenders.

Solo.

Then the emp has enough ultimate save to immediately do it again right away.

That's borked. I'm sorry you don't agree.

Edited by Minalan on December 7, 2016 1:41PM
    Options
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to Xbox Na scourge. The yellow emp there has an eye of the storm that 1 Templar with BoL can heal his group through the ultimate + jab spam
    Options
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AzuraKin I absolutely agree that the Emp should be strong and there is no shame in dying to the Emp, this is not my gripe. My gripe is the Emp with the Eye of the Storm morph is pretty much God like and can wipe large groups easily (inside keeps and outposts because there is no space to avoid Eye of the Flame). For me this is taking all the fun out of PvP and before this I never had a problem with PvP (win, lose or draw). In it current state it is just too much as there is not much you can do to counter this!
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AzuraKin I absolutely agree that the Emp should be strong and there is no shame in dying to the Emp, this is not my gripe. My gripe is the Emp with the Eye of the Storm morph is pretty much God like and can wipe large groups easily (inside keeps and outposts because there is no space to avoid Eye of the Flame). For me this is taking all the fun out of PvP and before this I never had a problem with PvP (win, lose or draw). In it current state it is just too much as there is not much you can do to counter this!

dude, emps have ALWAYS been strong. they have always been able to solo groups. emps have soloed keeps since longer then i have pvped (and i was pvping the first month of the game)
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem was doubling the dps before it hit live while being unblockable. Whoever though that was a good idea should be fired.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem was doubling the dps before it hit live while being unblockable. Whoever though that was a good idea should be fired.

not another misinformed person. an ultimate is an ultimate because if you are a *** to stand in it, you will die. and the damage isnt op, its in line with what it should be for 250 ult.

but since everyone wants to complain how about we do this.

we cut the damage per tick by 50% but increase time it is up to 20s?
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not another misinformed person. an ultimate is an ultimate because if you are a *** to stand in it, you will die. and the damage isnt op, its in line with what it should be for 250 ult.

You guys rely so much on the 250 ult thing - yeah you're right, for the ult cost the damage is probably about right. What many of us have been suggesting is to reduce the cost to 175-200 ult and decrease the damage proportionally. They should definitely be considering these things when creating new ultimates. Let's say they add one with 350 ult cost - it'd better be hell on earth.... but would it be balanced? Probably not. People would just spend time PVEing it up then go roast a bunch of people with it before rinsing and repeating.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dude, emps have ALWAYS been strong. they have always been able to solo groups. emps have soloed keeps since longer then i have pvped (and i was pvping the first month of the game)

I think, as usual, you're completely missing the point.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You realize when it was first released it was 50% less damage with a 10 second duration (12 with lightning).

Then everyone complained so they doubled the damage and halfed the duration but also added 2 seconds which increased its overall dps by 20%.

I am not misinformed. It also deals fire damage which is another 25% damage which makes it over the top. Its 125% better then bat swarm in terms of dps against a vampire (which most everyone is in cyrodill).

Smh... you think this ulty is balanced... get outta town. Your misinformed and have no clue what balance looks like. Keep using the destro ulty and telling kids you kill to Lp2 against an unblockable pbaoe with the largest radius in game for an ulty..... dont even mention you can move out of the aoe when you can spam gap closers or root spam.

L2p my ***. This ulty needs its old damage model. 250 ult means nothing when you kill everyone in your path basically refreshing its cooldown.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 7, 2016 2:10PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You realize when it was first released it was 50% less damage with a 10 second duration (12 with lightning).

Then everyone complained so they doubled the damage and halfed the duration but also added 2 seconds which increased its overall dps by 20%.

I am not misinformed. It also deals fire damage which is another 25% damage which makes it over the top. Its 125% better then bat swarm in terms of dps against a vampire (which most everyone is in ceyodill).

Smh... you think this ulty is balanced... get outta town. Your misinformed and have no clue what balance looks like. Keep using the destro ulty and telling kids you kill to Lp2 against an unblockable pbaoe with the largest radius in game for an ulty..... dont even mention you can move out of the aoe when you can spam gap closers or root spam.

L2p my ***. This ulty needs its old damage model.

not true, it was a 5s duration. they buffed it to 7s and maybe buffed the damage per tick by maybe 20%.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not misinformed. It also deals fire damage which is another 25% damage which makes it over the top. Its 125% better then bat swarm in terms of dps against a vampire (which most everyone is in ceyodill).

not true, it was a 5s duration. they buffed it to 7s and maybe buffed the damage per tick by maybe 20%.

LOL "maybe buffed the damage by 20%". It went from a 3k tooltip to like 9-10k.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love eye of the storm and I'm not even using it ATM
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not misinformed. It also deals fire damage which is another 25% damage which makes it over the top. Its 125% better then bat swarm in terms of dps against a vampire (which most everyone is in cyrodill).

L2p my ***. This ulty needs its old damage model. 250 ult means nothing when you kill everyone in your path basically refreshing its cooldown.

also you dont balance something because 90% of the people choose to be an optional part of the game that makes them take more fire damage. you being a vampire is a choice. therefore the extra damage you take is a choice you made to take. dont want to take the extra fire damage? drop vampirism, or put fire resist enchants on your jewelry and race change to dunmer.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It was 10 seconds on pts befor it went live.... they didnt maybe buff its damage by 20% they did. It went from 10/12 seconds with the same damage as batswarm to double the damage and 7/9 second duration. Those 2 extra seconds they added equals out to 20% more dps overall compared to what it was in pts.

Nobody had even used it yet on live with the pts damage model. It got overbuffed due to carebears and now is an issue terrorizing cryodill.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 7, 2016 2:15PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was 10 seconds on pts befor it went live.... they didnt maybe buff its damage by 20% they did. It went from 10/12 seconds with the same damage as batswarm to double the damage and 7/9 second duration. Those 2 extra seconds they added equals out to 20% more dps overall compared to what it was in pts.

Seriously, don't even bother. It's not worth your time..
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

also you dont balance something because 90% of the people choose to be an optional part of the game that makes them take more fire damage. you being a vampire is a choice. therefore the extra damage you take is a choice you made to take. dont want to take the extra fire damage? drop vampirism, or put fire resist enchants on your jewelry and race change to dunmer.

Thats not the point. The point was it was still a viable ulty with the pts damage model becauae it still dealt 25% more damage to vamps with double the duration compared to batswarm.

They over buffed the ultimate and now vampires are walking piles of dust because of terrible desicions. Stating you should drop vamp doesnt justify the damage of EotS in its current form.

Anyone defending EotS has no right discussing balance. Im not overexaggerating either. EotS is on the same level of proc sets. Both are out of control.

This kind of thing happend to proxi det when it got a rework and vicious death was released. People like you defending it but it was clearly overperforming and needed tweaks. The same will be done to EotS. Its just careless of zos to let their player base deal with broken balance for months at a time until they are fixed.

Alucardo wrote: »

I know. Its just people like this are what ruin this game. They have no clue how to balance a game for a competitive envoirment.

If anyone played Heros of the Storm, its like when people tryed to justify Mi-Ling when she was first released, people thought soloing all 5 heros in a moba was balanced...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 7, 2016 2:35PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that as Emp the Ult should be strong however I get the guys points. This Ult in a keep is almost unavoidable and if its the Emp then you and your whole group are pretty much dead.

The issue is just Eye of Storm is OP, often hard to avoid and is a massive AOE Ult. Why should some character or class weapon ultimates, considering their strength,be AOE and kill multiple players while others are single target? Shows a further design imbalance by zos - they should either all have been strong AOE OR strong single target.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree that as Emp the Ult should be strong however I get the guys points. This Ult in a keep is almost unavoidable and if its the Emp then you and your whole group are pretty much dead.

The issue is just Eye of Storm is OP, often hard to avoid and is a massive AOE Ult. Why should some character or class weapon ultimates, considering their strength,be AOE and kill multiple players while others are single target? Shows a further design imbalance by zos - they should either all have been strong AOE OR strong single target.

I agree the issue is only with Eye of the Storm. The counter play is to move out of the radius but that is so easy to counter aswell by sticking to your opponent.

If i were in charge, EotS would be reverted to the pts damage model (same damage as bats [10fire/ice|12Lightning staff] second duration) and then the drop and place morph would contiune to be strong with the new damage model released in live (7/9 second duration with double damage).
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultis should be strong. Expensive Ultis should be stronger. But no Ulti with the radius and mobility of EotS should be this strong.
    "Just get out of it" offered as advice for counterplay is idiotic with the amount of snares and CCs in this game when we're talking about a moving AOE like EotS.
    Either the damage or the ways it can be mitigated (negatable, blockable, or a portion of the damage being DoT and thus purgeable) has to be reevaluated. If people can't see that it's because they use it and want to keep feeling awesome with it.
    I use it too...it's awesome, and it needs to be fixed.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Ultis should be strong. Expensive Ultis should be stronger. But no Ulti with the radius and mobility of EotS should be this strong.
    "Just get out of it" offered as advice for counterplay is idiotic with the amount of snares and CCs in this game when we're talking about a moving AOE like EotS.
    Either the damage or the ways it can be mitigated (negatable, blockable, or a portion of the damage being DoT and thus purgeable) has to be reevaluated. If people can't see that it's because they use it and want to keep feeling awesome with it.

To be honest it doesnt feel awesome. Counter-play feels awesome. Going back and forth with an opponent and trying to capatalize on mistakes.

Eso pvp has the least amount of counterplay currently compared to previous patches.

EotS should probably be block-able. Most logical solution. If people want an unblockable pbaoe, it will have to have reduced damage. Atm it has it all.

Its so good stamina builds can run it and not be at that great of a disadvantage using a magicka based weapon on back bar with an ulty that doesnt scale with stam cp too..... but hey its balanced l2p etc.... :|
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on December 7, 2016 2:46PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

To be honest it doesnt feel awesome. Counter-play feels awesome. Going back and forth with an opponent and trying to capatalize on mistakes.

Eso pvp has the least amount of counterplay currently compared to previous patches.

EotS should probably be block-able. Most logical solution. If people want an unblockable pbaoe, it will have to have reduced damage. Atm it has it all.

Its so good stamina builds can run it and not be at that great of a disadvantage using a magicka based weapon on back bar with an ulty that doesnt scale with stam cp too..... but hey its balanced l2p etc.... :|

No it doesn't feel awesome (defined as excellent or outstanding) , it feels cheap as hell, but it is awesome (defined as inspiring awe, it's impressive).
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it was wrobel, im sure
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're hovering around the subject, the super-skilled Mist Form => Invisible EotS players are just the most impressive players in the world. If there's one thing that everyone loves, it's broken mechanic exploiters.
    Options
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that ult.. its the best in the game visually, I don't even mind if it kills me because its that awesome lol
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works fine imo. Aslong as proc sets are around, the only viable magicka counter to them should be around.
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that makes EotS out of control is when organized groups drop 3-5 EotS at the same time and plow through zergs
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not the point. The point was it was still a viable ulty with the pts damage model becauae it still dealt 25% more damage to vamps with double the duration compared to batswarm.

They over buffed the ultimate and now vampires are walking piles of dust because of terrible desicions. Stating you should drop vamp doesnt justify the damage of EotS in its current form.

Anyone defending EotS has no right discussing balance. Im not overexaggerating either. EotS is on the same level of proc sets. Both are out of control.

This kind of thing happend to proxi det when it got a rework and vicious death was released. People like you defending it but it was clearly overperforming and needed tweaks. The same will be done to EotS. Its just careless of zos to let their player base deal with broken balance for months at a time until they are fixed.

Alucardo wrote: »

I know. Its just people like this are what ruin this game. They have no clue how to balance a game for a competitive envoirment.

If anyone played Heros of the Storm, its like when people tryed to justify Mi-Ling when she was first released, people thought soloing all 5 heros in a moba was balanced...

dude i dont *** care if it melts vampires BECAUSE VAMPIRISM IS A CHOICE YOU MADE TO BE KNOWING YOU HAVE A SUSCEPTABILITY TO FIRE. if you dont like dying to fire as a vampire drop the *** vampirism. if you wanna keep it, THEN BECOME A DARK ELF (2000 ISH FIRE RESIST) AND SOME FIRE RESIST ENCHANTS ON YOUR JEWELRY. in fact that used to be standard for vampires in pvp. if you were a vampire you ran fire enchants in pvp. you think vampires are melty now, they are hell of a lot stronger then they were originally even against fire. it used to be if you were a vampire, you would find it nearly impossible to run vcoa (now vcoa2).
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Works fine imo. Aslong as proc sets are around, the only viable magicka counter to them should be around.

even with proc sets removed, the ultimate is still perfectly fine as it.
    Options