The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I have a simple question: To make items for the home, does one need more skill points into crafting? My Grand Master Crafter is completely maxed out all the crafting trees now -- so does she need more skill points to craft the new items for the homestead?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Later down the road, there will also be a few special properties that are exclusive to the Crown Store, including a luxurious island retreat.

What about something exclusive to ESO+ members? I think it's time that they are also shown some appreciation.

According to this article:

There is no upkeep or rent on a home – once you purchase it, you will always have access to it. Being an ESO+ member doubles the number of furnishings and other items you can place in your home, but like the crafting bag, if your sub lapses those items stay, you just can’t edit your home until you get back to the item cap.

I read this more along the lines that ESO Plus members will be allowed to spend more Gold and Crowns. How cynical am I?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG.. did you read this from here?!!!

"MMORPG: What about using houses for gardening or farming?

RL: For this initial release of housing, we wanted to focus on the homes, collecting furnishings and decorating your home the way you want. We do have plans for a gardening type system at a later date though."

ZZwxOmv.gif

After reading that... here ZOS....

ouxf68C.gif

I am so so so happy!!!!!! :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 6, 2016 8:25PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what I've gathered here is the system is entirely pointless? Good to know I can stop all the gold farming and get back to pvp now!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    So what I've gathered here is the system is entirely pointless? Good to know I can stop all the gold farming and get back to pvp now!

Hang on there - is like street fighter - you make your own backdrop and then you can duel in different "arena's".

Only move back and forth though to maintain integrity.

Like your own secret fight club.

First rule ...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

Awesome, thanks for the update Rich! Look forward to more news on this further down the road :)
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭

Storage space was the thing that excited me most.
  • Wernaert
    Wernaert
    ✭✭
    Can you tell us any house prices in gold ?
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want storage space! Just make it like personal repository that can upgraded via gold or crowns. Make it just like the bank 240 max storage that can be upgraded with crowns or gold.
    Edited by Messy1 on December 6, 2016 8:43PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lulz says a "number" ummmm wouldn't EVERYONE LOVE EXTRA STORAGE!?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!

Personally not really interested in housing, but looks like they did a good job. Am sure people that are into this stuff will love it.

If there was something like a Consignment Merchant from DAoC (http://darkageofcamelot.com/housing/special-objects) I'd be VERY interested. ie a way to sell goods via your housing vendor.

(here's also hoping that in Feb. we FINALLY get fixes for the multitude of current issues, ie proc sets in PvP)
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on @ZOS_RichLambert's comment it was a timing/resourcing factor. Based on what we've seen so far, they do look like huge new systems. If it's something we keep on the rader (along with gardening and other functional uses for housing) on the forums then hopefully it's something that'll stay on top of theirs too for an update not too far down the road.

The biggest thing I hoped for was weapon racks and mannequins to put together my own private armoury. Can't see that being possibly in the initial release but it's something I'll continue to plug until we see it - this is meant to be Elder Scrolls housing after all ;)

Edit: Typo was bugging me
    Edited by ItsGlaive on December 7, 2016 7:45AM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert

Wow, I am very surprised there wasn't much foresight into expanding inventory. I would think it's an absolute given that more storage is needed as a game grows. I also see it as a no-brainer option to housing, and am shocked ZOS didn't see it that way. Wow.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go.....
    ****Master Healer...****
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread!
    Edited by JD2013 on December 6, 2016 8:57PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go.....

What do you mean "Here we go....." . I most likely won't purchase any housing now unless we don't have a DPS dummy anywhere else. IMO every target or dummy in the game should be able to be used as a DPS test.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on December 6, 2016 8:58PM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. Something players sorely need since 1T didn't make the cut. Good thing we got the Clown Crates, though. Amirite?

XBox NA
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert I think I wouldn't be alone in saying I'd much rather have LESS cosmetic items in my house and have a limited storage system, that starts off with a set number of slots (eg 60) that's upgradable in the same way that the bank and pack systems are currently done.

Hell, you could even sell space upgrades in the Crown Store.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we will have to wait until february before the current crap pvp is balanced and proccsets are adressed?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed the Ice Wolf Pup on the table at end of video. Nice touch!
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for mentioning you are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future. Of course I'm disappointed that it's not included as part of the Homestead introduction.

I don't mean to rush you folks, but I actually turn down dungeon running invitations from friends and guildies because my inventory is already too full. Yes, I have ESO Plus and I love the crafting bag.

When going on various dungeon runs, I'm afraid I'll acquire yet another really cool piece of gear in a great trait that I can't currently use, but I might want to use in the future, so it pains me too much to deconstruct it and my inventory is further clogged. So many times I end up not running dungeons mostly for that reason!
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Sievertsv
    Sievertsv
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this update omg! This game is absolutely amazing I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time and if it wasn't for the free play on Xbox i dont think i would have bought the game :smile:

Cheers
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    will this be the 2nd patch in a row we don't get new content? ie brand new zone/dungeon/trial

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I suspect that will be coming with Update 14. If you read through:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/interviews/introducing-homestead-housing-comes-to-tamriel-in-2017-1000011379

MMORPG: On that note, when WILL we see the story continued? We all want to know what's going on with Varen and the rest of the cast since the defeat of Molag Baal.

RL: Something will happen sometime during Update 13 to further that particular storyline. Not going to say when, what or how just yet because… spoilers.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When talking about player housing, storage shouldn't have needed to "make the cut". It's a baseline function of player housing, it ought not to have been eligible for cutting in the first place.

Again, I couldn't have made this up. If I told anybody who has played an Elder Scrolls Game in the last 15 years that housing in the MMO version would explicitly exclude storage of any kind, I'd expect lots of laughs. Once it set in, I'd expect people to conclude that you (ZOS) just don't get ES, and never will.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    So we will have to wait until february before the current crap pvp is balanced and proccsets are adressed?

No ETA
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are pets able to roam around the houses? It really appeared that way in a couple of the shots in the video!
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are pets able to roam around the houses? It really appeared that way in a couple of the shots in the video!

They looked kinda stationary to me, where do you mean?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert
    I think some others mentioned it, but I think it would be a great idea to have a specific type of chest that the player can construct (a limited number) in order to increase their bank space. Either that, or have local storage in the houses so the player will have to return to specific locations to retrieve their items.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadLarkin wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert
    I think some others mentioned it, but I think it would be a great idea to have a specific type of chest that the player can construct (a limited number) in order to increase their bank space. Either that, or have local storage in the houses so the player will have to return to specific locations to retrieve their items.

I want my Dwemer Vault!!! I'd finally have a reason to use those Dwemer frames