Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very much looking forward to this, and happy with being able to buy houses using Crowns and not gold, much rather spend my many millions of gold on gear than on fluff items.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

Lulz says a "number" ummmm wouldn't EVERYONE LOVE EXTRA STORAGE!?

Not really. I have plenty of storage, and the bank is more convenient than some chest in a house half a Tamriel away.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chests are just decorative; you won't be able to use them as an extension to your bank. You will be able to place a personal assistant in your home, though.

Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future.

Thank you for the response, even if I am disappointed at the answer and don't understand how it could even have been considered as non-essential. And I worry that "in the future" will arrive sometime after spellcrafting.

Can we please get some inventory relief in the meantime? Upgraded bank space perhaps?
    Edited by NBrookus on December 6, 2016 9:57PM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need a Barman and a Personal Stibbons.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

Increase bank capacity by 50?
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert I think I wouldn't be alone in saying I'd much rather have LESS cosmetic items in my house and have a limited storage system, that starts off with a set number of slots (eg 60) that's upgradable in the same way that the bank and pack systems are currently done.

Hell, you could even sell space upgrades in the Crown Store.

I would rather have the cosmetics. expandable bank space is already in the game. A lock box that links to the bank account would be good. Even though there is already a traveling banker in the game as well.
    Grunim wrote: »

Thanks for mentioning you are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future. Of course I'm disappointed that it's not included as part of the Homestead introduction.

I don't mean to rush you folks, but I actually turn down dungeon running invitations from friends and guildies because my inventory is already too full. Yes, I have ESO Plus and I love the crafting bag.

When going on various dungeon runs, I'm afraid I'll acquire yet another really cool piece of gear in a great trait that I can't currently use, but I might want to use in the future, so it pains me too much to deconstruct it and my inventory is further clogged. So many times I end up not running dungeons mostly for that reason!

Good argument for the storage in the houses.

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about functionality.

In the game already you can start a fire for some random npcs out in the wild and it gives you a buff.

Will the fireplaces in our homes do that?

Can we sit down in our homes? can we start using chairs in town too?

Is there any advantage to going home like a well-rested buff?

Will there be non traditional housing? (Treehouses, wagon carts aka trailer homes, ships, caves)

For living in the inn, will it have a more apartment building like feel? I think it would be cool if there was a community event for the people living there. Like crafting writs, when we all contribute the inn gets an upgrade like a concierge or something i don't know.

You said our pets can be set to display in the home? Just like bumbling around? That would be very awesome.

Also, offline yardsales, a small shop consisting for like maximum 10 items would be nice.

Thank you for continuing to reward my Imperial Edition purchase :smiley:

I can't wait to start going potatoes (the rarest of provisioning ingredients for some reason) and then set up a still/brewery.

I know this is off topic but I kind of want community living -- like a Abbey for Priests or a Coven for Witches, each player has their own instanced living space, but there is a center courtyard they all share. That way you can do community events. Like as a visitor I'd enter the instance "Neighborhood of Little Valley" and there are several "house facades" all facing a central area. Players "live" in those house facades, instanced of course but the Neighborhood can have an event and invite people who aren't living in that neighborhood.

Anyway THANKS FOR THIS UPDATE.
    Edited by max_only on December 7, 2016 12:43AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10$ the ways they eventually find involves cash and crown crates :D
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also can we get roaming pets for the house rather than static pets? Would be loads more lively, having a pet just stand in one spot takes away from the feeling that the house is part of an alive world.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all...

I THANK YOU FOR THE PLAIN-SPOKEN REASON IT'S NOT HERE.

I'm sorry that there are so many others who cannot tell the difference between something of problematic design and something ready for additional function to be implemented later. But hey, there really still are people who think the world is flat, so what can ya do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let me toss in my idea here. First, I hated the storage wing from hearthfire. A room with a jumble pile of chests... Ugh. Individual mannequins were horrible even for display. There weren't enough of them to keep just the heavy sets separate, let alone all the light sets.

Homes are account-wide. So it should be capable of handling the reasonable needs for all 12 characters. Which means, handling possibly partitioned space for a handful of builds for each of 12 characters. As in, a magplar may well need to be able to cycle through half a dozen 'sections' or 'drawers' or whatever you want to call them, each section holding what you put there rather than being like the bank that shoves all rings in one pile. For wearable gear stuff, I say look to the bat cave or tony stark's lab where they do something and different suits rotate into view. Example, my Breton Templar wears one set of pve gear. But I've got the partials for a number of other combinations, between some spell power cure, some scathing Mage, some infallible aether, and others. I want to be able to offload that into a rotating storage bin that will keep those separate.

Perhaps such a thing can be part of a purchasable upgrade to individual wall panels... Upgrade a specific wall panel, and a gem appears there. Activate the gem, and the wall spins around to reveal... Something?

But really, thanks for the plain explanation.
    Xbox NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Storage should have been a priority for housing update. Should not be something that had to "make the cut". Since 1T all of our inventory are at max. Or at least the majority. I've got Full bank, 10 characters with 100-200 spaces each, my own guild bank( which can't really be used because most my gear is bind on pickup). Still struggling. I have faith you will do something but in the future can means years( looking at you clouding swarm).

[/quote]

Edited by Koolio on December 6, 2016 10:34PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you want to see a grown man cry? I didn't expect nor want much from housing. Just storage, even if not that big of an increase.

I can understand maybe chests or a new home only storage system may be a little iffy... But why not something easier... Every house you own your bank space increases X amount. Could be 10 slots, could be 5... Or the amount gained per could be based on house size.

Something, anything.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    The only feature that I really want is the "Target Dummy" in my home.

Will we be able to set amounts of resistance and HP for them so we can practice long rotations?

I saw a skeleton looking thing in the video, but there was no indication of the features associated with the skeleton. I really hope that a test dummy does not amount to a NPC with 30K health. That would be very disappointing.

It has much more than 30k health. It's more in the realm of millions than thousands. ;)
    Will these Target Dummy be able to fight back, it would be weird to be killed by your Target Dummy :p

Hopefully they fight back with various 1 damage attacks. Many sets only proc with damage taken so with any luck they have thought of that angle.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks very encouraging, well done thus far!

One of the tricks with housing in mmos is to have it useful beyond looking pretty: A unity of fashion and function (don't listen to Brog the clothier in Craglorn).

And this Isn't just about having a storage vault or an assistant that provides us with various appropriate harvesting materials once/twice a day if we visit them, or crafting tables (which will be for the most part useless due to the nature of daily writs/set stations), etc etc.

Those things are important, but it's about the functionality of what we place in houses too; can we interact with the chairs and sit on them properly? Can we move around items properly, or do they not let you get close to them leading to such problems like spaces that appear like you should be able to walk through but in fact cannot. Can we lite our fireplaces, turn our stoves on and off, can we place our witches cauldron in there form the festival gone by to interact in some way, and so on...

Trophies are great, in EQ2 for example raid monster busts were wonderful for guild halls, and the like, and I'm looking forward to seeing similar here. Hopefully 'Trophies' will expand (if they don't already encompass) to all aspects of the game: For example, it would be nice to see Rank Trophies for the alliance war players can put in their homes. Trophies rewarded for attaining maximum fighters/mages guild ranks? Trophies for completing our various trophy achievements already in game, and so on... and of course there are fishing achievements.

Also another thing that might be worth considering is having various achievements reward us with an actual parchment or paper, we can place in our homes, on our desk or display cabinet for example.

Of course - if they aren't already in the the update - mannequins are almost a given these days, for displaying armour and outfits. Additionally it would be great if we could dress any NPCs in our homes in any armour/arms we like. Once again this is something that was able to be done in EQ2, arguably the most robust housing system in any MMO to day.

Finally, having a reason to visit out homes everyday or every-other-day and interact/do something in them is quite important I think. Actually this is possibly one of the most important functions to get right.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: housing is great to build decorate and admire. But ideally it should be a livable space where our character/s often go to do something, rather than just having homes as glorified museums that once completed are hardly ever visited.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert

Wow, I am very surprised there wasn't much foresight into expanding inventory. I would think it's an absolute given that more storage is needed as a game grows. I also see it as a no-brainer option to housing, and am shocked ZOS didn't see it that way. Wow.

At first I thought "This is why you should talk to us BEFORE you develop things" ... but then I realized this is probably about ESO+
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the update Rich, glad to hear its not off the table. Hopefully in you can get that added in the near future!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is very exciting and looks so promising! :) I am so glad that you listened to us and allowed us to place our pets and mounts!
    Also love the fact that we can allow guildies to visit. This gives me hope that a "Guild Home" style house IS possible, perhaps the guild master purchases the place, but everyone puts towards the buying price, to get the biggest one, and then allow everyone to access and decorate.... ideas... ;)

Oh, and that werewolf at the end of the video did not go unnoticed by me ZOS! What is he doing up there I wonder... :p
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Buncha things:
    1. Will guilds be able to purchase guild halls and decorate accordingly?
    2. I truly hope that the Crown Store prices are not ridiculous.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Herelacfreahelm
    Herelacfreahelm
    ✭✭✭
    I for one am very excited about this and hope very much that you will please let us obtain chests that we can use for each individual character to store items for example 1 chest for weapons are armor, 1 chest for crafting materials, 1 chest for potions, etc.

I support this and want them to be separate from the shared bank storage that all players can use. I would also be interested in having each chest have a very large amount to store stuff.

Please make this happen and let us meaning each player purchase how many chests we want. I care more about this than the cosmetic items announced in the video trailer.

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erichc68s wrote: »
    I for one am very excited about this and hope very much that you will please let us obtain chests that we can use for each individual character to store items for example 1 chest for weapons are armor, 1 chest for crafting materials, 1 chest for potions, etc.

I support this and want them to be separate from the shared bank storage that all players can use. I would also be interested in having each chest have a very large amount to store stuff.

Please make this happen and let us meaning each player purchase how many chests we want. I care more about this than the cosmetic items announced in the video trailer.

I had sort of hoped that woodworkers and/or blacksmiths would have been able to make chests for storage... maybe in the future that could happen? I hope so.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    they actually listened to everyone who made posts about housing...hats off to you zos....ppl are going to be happy with this. also is that one abandoned bosmer house in malabar tor going to be used for housing? im currently using it as a proxy home for my rp bosmer to call home.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    OK I can't even begin to get my head around how on earth housing has been built for ESO, yet with NO STORAGE. You've got to be kidding me. AFAIAC, it's the #1 reason for housing to exist. Without storage, housing is nothing but fluff.

And what about all that exciting new furniture we can make, buy and sell? Where is that going to be stored? Let me guess: we have to either place it in a decorating slot, or use a marketplace slot to sell it, or else keep it in our inventories and banks (which are already overflowing with stuff we can't store in housing chests).

I was excited about housing. This information regarding lack of storage just really is a wet blanket to my enthusiasm. And I have to ask, what the heck is the point of it at all?
    Edited by Vudokan on December 7, 2016 12:03AM
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to hear. We'll definitely need it with all these new sets.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask, @ZOS_GinaBruno, will we be able to disable people being able to port into our house from the guild roster in the house settings?
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What on earth made you guys think the line should be drawn at the very reason people want houses for?
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What on earth made you guys think the line should be drawn at the very reason people want houses for?

Some people want houses not for the storage, but because they want a carefully designed personal place able to host other players. Houses will become a great tool for RPers and all the RP guilds, in my opinion.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ZOS_RichLambert , do you have a closet, a back room, an office, or even a garage at your place?
    What do you put in there?
    Stuff? Really? Like only furniture stuff? Or all the extra crap that you've picked up through out your years adventuring earth?

Also, what if you were charged extra to store stuff in the house you already paid for?

It would suck right? Probably make no sense either...
    Edited by Eshelmen on December 8, 2016 4:40PM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »

Hey Rich, do you have a closet, a back room, an office, or even garage at your place?
    Stuff? Really? Like only furniture stuff? Or all the extra crap that you've picked up through out your years adventuring earth?

What if you were charged extra to store stuff in the house you already paid for?

He carries everything in is year round cargo shorts.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Rich, do you have a closet, a back room, an office, or even garage at your place?

What if you were charged extra to store stuff in the house you already paid for?

We need cargo short storage for our houses... All those pockets.. so many places to store things!!! :wink:
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We need cargo short storage for our houses... All those pockets.. so many places to store things!!! :wink:

Never mind those cargo shorts, we've already got this invisible craft bag that can literally hold unlimited mats! And to think adding a physical trunk(visible to the eye) inside a house was a challenge. Ha!
    Edited by Eshelmen on December 7, 2016 2:12AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player