The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Homestead"

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed with the technical side. Didn't expect we'd be able to place furniture so freely, and have so many new things to craft.

A bit disappointed about no houses in DLC zones, though. Those are the most beautiful ones by far.

And hope we'll see increased functionality with future updates. Gardening, more employable NPCs, etc.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno,

@ZOS_RichLambert mentioned in the interview that there would be a cap on visitors in a house... What kind of numbers are we talking? Don't want to host a guild event and then only have room for 6.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forum is glitching . . .
    Edited by Dominoid on December 6, 2016 4:55PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not adding "infinite" or additional storage slots doesn't surprise me- maybe a future ESO Plus perk. But I don't see anything on displaying at least armor and weapons. Those nifty mannequins from the Thieves Guild need to be utilized. You should be allowed to display any armor/weapon housed in your official bank storage. TIA.
    Edited by Dominoid on December 6, 2016 4:54PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The only feature that I really want is the "Target Dummy" in my home.

Will we be able to set amounts of resistance and HP for them so we can practice long rotations?

I saw a skeleton looking thing in the video, but there was no indication of the features associated with the skeleton. I really hope that a test dummy does not amount to a NPC with 30K health. That would be very disappointing.

It has much more than 30k health. It's more in the realm of millions than thousands. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Not adding "infinite" or additional storage slots doesn't surprise me- maybe a future ESO Plus perk. But I don't see anything on displaying at least armor and weapons. Those nifty mannequins from the Thieves Guild need to be utilized. You should be allowed to display any armor/weapon housed in your official bank storage. TIA.

I agree, I love gear display cases and mannequins in other games.
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Dominoid wrote: »

mannequins really are a must (and make sure the armor can be dyed) and wigs can be worn (cosmetic hair styles)
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the technical side. Didn't expect we'd be able to place furniture so freely, and have so many new things to craft.

A bit disappointed about no houses in DLC zones, though. Those are the most beautiful ones by far.

And hope we'll see increased functionality with future updates. Gardening, more employable NPCs, etc.

they will probably add DLC houses at some point. Vvardenfell was datamined with locations tagged for player houses.
  • quixoteuglyub17_ESO
    quixoteuglyub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Any of these 40 options located in Cyrodiil?
  • Gwynara
    Gwynara
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds amazing!! Homestead is the perfect update for me, as I enjoy crafting (I have all of them maxed) I also do provisioning and I roleplay a shop owner, trader and chef! :smiley: I am also working on collecting every throphy in the game so yeah, loving everything about this.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Will we be able to set amounts of resistance and HP for them so we can practice long rotations?

I saw a skeleton looking thing in the video, but there was no indication of the features associated with the skeleton. I really hope that a test dummy does not amount to a NPC with 30K health. That would be very disappointing.

It has much more than 30k health. It's more in the realm of millions than thousands. ;)

So, millions is nice, but how many millions?

I know people in my guild can burn through a two million health dummy in less than two minutes solo, and two minutes is not really a good length of time to test given that most fights are far longer than that now.

I assume there's no downside to giving the dummy something like 82,500,000 health, the health of Rakkhat hard mode? :smile:.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Hopes desperately for an Eyevea option even though I'm sure there won't be :'(*

I'm interested to see the list of locations and the pricing on them all.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so exciting! This is the customizability in decoration that I usually have to boot up a Creation Kit to get. :D

And my RPer brain is already imagining scenarios where all my alts start arguing about the interior decoration.

"Take that ugly monster head off the wall."
    "No! it commemorates one of my greatest achievements."
    "It's ugly and stares at me."
    "Fine. I'll move it to the table."
    "That's even worse!"

Clearly, the solution is to eventually get each of my alts their own house to personalize. ;)

One question: In an interview, Rich mentioned that some furniture pieces require multiple skill lines to craft. Is that multiple skills on one character, or would different characters be able to contribute different pieces? I ask because I do not yet have anyone who has masted the secrets of metal, cloth, and wood... so just wondering if I need to start training someone in all three. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are no homes placed directly in Cyrodiil, but there are Imperial homes spread throughout the world. (I suggest checking Malabal Tor, Craglorn and Reaper’s March if you are interested)

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/elder-scrolls-online/interviews/introducing-homestead-housing-comes-to-tamriel-in-2017-1000011379/#0Ocmy7rwQPyLiFPI.99
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

According to this interview, no.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is next update all about housing only? Will we see some combat balance changes?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is next update all about housing only? Will we see some combat balance changes?

Quoth Gina earlier in the thread:
    We plan to have a fair amount of skill and item rebalancing in the same update.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's another good interview that answers some additonal questions: http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/06/interview-everything-we-know-about-elder-scrolls-onlines-player-housing/#respond

Including:

How many players can fit in a single housing instance, and can you hand out “keys” to friends so that they can enter when you aren’t around?

Depends on the size of the home – an Inn room can hold a lot fewer players than a Manor. We haven’t yet finalized player caps as we are still performance testing, but it’s pretty safe to say at least 24 players will safely fit into a Manor. Access to your home is permission based, so yes you will be able to allow access to your primary home when offline.

And:

There is no upkeep or rent on a home – once you purchase it, you will always have access to it. Being an ESO+ member doubles the number of furnishings and other items you can place in your home, but like the crafting bag, if your sub lapses those items stay, you just can’t edit your home until you get back to the item cap.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Will bards by chance be available for hire? I'd love to have a home lightened by music
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

1). It may be too late to change, but it would be really nice if we could set "Target Dummy Health" ourselves. I assume Homestead will have it's own settings section. How about putting a slider in there to make target dummy health higher and lower?

2). Will other players in our house be able to interact with the dummy? Like, apply Elemental Drain and Force Siphon and stuff like that?
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY! something I can buy with the 30M in gold I have in the bank. I might just buy every house in the game just because I can B) but I will probably just buy all the biggest houses available and decorator them with the most expensive items that my gold can buy. I'm hyped bring it on.
    Edited by Mysticman on December 6, 2016 5:26PM
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing. Hopefully how we customise our homes is closer to RIFT or Fallout 4 than SWTOR.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty excited. I hope the busy quests don't take a long time, that was one of my least favorite parts about housing in Skyrim. I'm ready to start testing! I want to see how things work. With a master crafter, and having done so much of the content multiple times, I'm excited to have something new to do. Hopefully crafting housing items to sell will be worth it and will not be another thing we can't really make decent gold from. If it turns out to not be worth it to create and sell, I'm still excited to buy property and do what I want with it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭

Will these Target Dummy be able to fight back, it would be weird to be killed by your Target Dummy :p

• AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    I think this may be the first time I have had nothing negative to say. Wow, this is unusual. Thank you, ZOS developers. Sounds really promising, can't wait to play around with it.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are housing types always tied to zone? Like can we expect to find Breton homes in Glenumbra but never Stonefalls? And High Elf homes in Auridon but never Alik'r Desert? Or are most homes in a zone tied to race of zone but a few unexpected home styles are thrown in there for variety?

Where will the Imperial houses be? I can't imagine they will be in Cyrodiil and Gold Coast is DLC.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on December 6, 2016 5:42PM
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow that looks awesome. Annnddd there goes a few hundred bucks.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Are housing types always tied to zone? Like can we expect to find Breton homes in Glenumbra but never Stonefalls? And High Elf homes in Auridon but never Alik'r Desert? Or are most homes in a zone tied to race of zone but a few unexpected home styles are thrown in there for variety?

Where will the Imperial houses be? I can't imagine they will be in Cyrodiil and Gold Coast is DLC.

Judging from the location in the trailer one of the imperial homes looks to be in malabal tor.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will we be able to interact with the furniture in our homes? For instance, if I make a chair and table set, will I be able to have my character sit in the chair, or will I have to stick with the /sitchair emote still?
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno color me impressed. I cannot wait to dive into this.

While maybe you can't give specifics, will there be PvE benefits associated with housing/furniture? For all its faults WildStar had a really great housing system. Can we expect the UI to be as accessible as the one in Wild* was?

Thank you for your time.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife