The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Healer Trial Build

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What do we love most about our game is it's freedom of choice so here a build for those interested in this "play style".

Sets
Sentiental (m,onster set)
Spell power cure is optimal, but you have options, but I won't suggest using worm it's over kill for the class.

Bar 1
* Dark Exchange - self heals and proc to passive for spell critical %3
* Echoing vigor (alternatives: mutagen or rapid) healing over time (it's stamina, but heals the pet and it's a 7k healing over time which is faster to case to mutiple people in trials)
*Summoned Winged Twilight - The most powerful Burst heal in game and slight dps that might proc implosion
* Combat prayer (alternative bless of protection (easier to get wards on people)) - buffs for damge and resstiance
* Emprowered ward (why mages love us more then say... ..) - 10%magick regain to all allies
* Ult Absporbtion field

Bar
* Mystic orbs ( why mages should want sorcs) - you can spam these and still have more over
* Healing Springs - saves magicka
* Summoned Winged Twilight - Heals it's self and two others great when you are moving around
* Circle of Protection - 8% Damage migration and 10% stamina gain (developers you see please make the circle bigger for us... it's rough being us, but it could be better)
Overflowing Altar - at the right moment this damage migration also a long last standing heal for general hugging moments with you group members
* Revining Barriar (alt war horn) - give allies a ward but what you like is the extra 30k+ regain over time, so hp management along with magicka aid for your regain

What this build does
Unorthodox damage migration
10% magicka regain
10% stamina regain
4k stamina to multiple allies ... a lot in trial as you are usually close to each other.
Powerful heals

*important to have the passive for spell power based on class skills, it's inadvertently increases your heals.

~ Hope this gives you some insight and do please share yours.
Edited by Tasear on November 26, 2016 6:08AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Forgot to mention 4k mystics orbs that do damage and give 1% magicka over time
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For trials, SPC is a must. Both healers need it. Full stop. Now for the sentinel of rekugums set, trial healing needs to have one healer with worm, one with aether. There is simple no contest with these set in effectiveness in trial settings for healers.

Why would you have vigor? Just use springs again and slot inner light for more magic and more crit. Or since you are double resto, try triple baring bound armor, Inner light for more max magic and the matriarch, though I doubt the need for the pet, I have healed all trials with my temp and can count the number of times on most of the runs that I completed that I used breath, it is simply more effective to just keep spamming springs.

Ultis ought to be warhorn and overload, for more utility, like putting dark exchange on the overload bar.

So springs with combat prayer on front bar. With matriarch, that is all the heals you need. Back bar has orbs( one healer with the mystic and one with energy) and ward. Overload with dark exchange and crit surge, if you don't have a tank that is running igneous weapons, ward if you do.

Now, do what you like, but these are just some suggestions.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For trials, SPC is a must. Both healers need it. Full stop. Now for the sentinel of rekugums set, trial healing needs to have one healer with worm, one with aether. There is simple no contest with these set in effectiveness in trial settings for healers.

Why would you have vigor? Just use springs again and slot inner light for more magic and more crit. Or since you are double resto, try triple baring bound armor, Inner light for more max magic and the matriarch, though I doubt the need for the pet, I have healed all trials with my temp and can count the number of times on most of the runs that I completed that I used breath, it is simply more effective to just keep spamming springs.

Ultis ought to be warhorn and overload, for more utility, like putting dark exchange on the overload bar.

So springs with combat prayer on front bar. With matriarch, that is all the heals you need. Back bar has orbs( one healer with the mystic and one with energy) and ward. Overload with dark exchange and crit surge, if you don't have a tank that is running igneous weapons, ward if you do.

Now, do what you like, but these are just some suggestions.

I had almost forgotten about overload thanks. Also I agree with the other suggestions they were insight I seemed to overlooked a few things.
    Edited by Tasear on November 26, 2016 7:02AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also just remembered something, since you can activate spc on the matriarch and you can only have six players/NPCs impacted by spc at a time, it would be a good idea not to use her, becuad it would steal the proc from a teamamte. that would open 3 slots, in which case, you could use other skills, from the list you have there, I would prolly have that stam rune on back bar and use healing ward or if you really think vigor is worth it, vigor. Then you could put something else on your overload bar.

On the circle of protection, the problem I have with it is not the size but the duration, it is really short from what I see.

On vigor, it scales with max stam and weapon damage, something you will have a minimum of but it will scale with any healing done that you have. Vigors crit heals also scale off of precise strikes and not elf born, so you will not being getting any more then the default crit heals, IE only 150% of normal. Since you are a sorc, you have no class passive for increasing CHD, unlike temps and nbs.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 26, 2016 7:30AM
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Sets
    Sentiental (monster set)
    Spell power cure is optimal, but you have options, but I won't suggest using worm it's over kill for the class.

I am going to assume overall PvE content (4 man, vDSA, Trials) and I would highly suggest using 5x Spell Power Cure as your base set for pretty much all of the PvE content when possible. Worm or Infallible Aether (or Gossamer/Twilight depending on group and fight) should be your secondary sets. Aether is I think the best for 4 man and vDSA as consistent Minor Vulnerability is hard to come by.

Sentinel is a great set for stack fights, I would even recommend it on an offtank.

Bar 1
    * Dark Exchange - self heals and proc to passive for spell critical %3
    * Echoing vigor (alternatives: mutagen or rapid) healing over time (it's stamina, but heals the pet and it's a 7k healing over time which is faster to case to mutiple people in trials)
    *Summoned Winged Twilight - The most powerful Burst heal in game and slight dps that might proc implosion
    * Combat prayer (alternative bless of protection (easier to get wards on people)) - buffs for damge and resstiance
    * Emprowered ward (why mages love us more then say... ..) - 10%magick regain to all allies
    * Ult Absporbtion field

I see no need at all for Dark Exchange for a Sorc in a Trial setting. Maybe 4 man but not a Trial setting. Healing Springs would return enough magicka back to you. Heavy attacks with restoration staff occasionally work fine as well if you really need magicka back. If all else fails, use a potion.

I see no need at all for Echoing Vigor as a Magicka-based healer. Unless you want to spec your CP and such towards getting more effective Vigors out, I see no point to it if you're a MagSorc. I would probably not run Mutagen/Rapid in most of the current 12-man content. Depends on the fight. For vDSA and such, for sure it is useful to keep up those heal over times while keeping SPC on others.

Summoned Winged Twilight can both be a blessing and burden. It can take away a SPC buff since it is considered an ally so one person could be missing out on it (SPC has a 6 person limit) but should be fine in a 4 man. I would argue this skill, while definitely better than what it was, is not the most powerful burst heal in the game. The Templar's Breath of Life with Major Mending up definitely heals for more. Furthermore BoL does not require a pet to be double-slotted on both bars and pets do die.

Combat Prayer is good and pretty much a must for that Minor Berserk for group buff. Also the 10% magicka regen from Empowered Ward is pretty much almost insignificant for magicka DPS that usually have 600-700 magicka recovery.

Another thing that sets Templars (or even Nightblade healers) apart from the rest is the lack of damage mitigation offered to a group when needed. Solar Prison (Templar) can be placed on target and people don't have to stack on a certain spot as the damage reduction applies to targets. Veil (Nightblade) can be placed on ground but people have to stack and it's sort of a different buff but damage mitigation nonetheless. The Sorc's Negate (or DK's Magma Shell) that comes closest to that kind of stuff does not really offer mitigation but maybe some more healing.

Furthermore just having a non-Templar healer tagging along with a Templar healer can actually put some burden on the Templar healer as that healer needs to rotate more shards in, save a nova, etc.

I can only really think of two fights in Trial content and one fight in vDSA that would perfectly accommodate a Negate whereas a Nova or even Veil is applicable to pretty much every fight.

Bar
    * Mystic orbs ( why mages should want sorcs) - you can spam these and still have more over
    * Healing Springs - saves magicka
    * Summoned Winged Twilight - Heals it's self and two others great when you are moving around
    * Circle of Protection - 8% Damage migration and 10% stamina gain (developers you see please make the circle bigger for us... it's rough being us, but it could be better)
    Overflowing Altar - at the right moment this damage migration also a long last standing heal for general hugging moments with you group members
    * Revining Barriar (alt war horn) - give allies a ward but what you like is the extra 30k+ regain over time, so hp management along with magicka aid for your regain

I didn't quite understand what you meant by Sorcs being able to spam Mystic Orbs as any other class can do it as well. Healing Springs is good. Sometimes you want Illustrous Healing depending on fight/group. Again that pet being double-slotted hinders you somewhat but not much to do with a Sorc healer.

Altar does not provide any damage mitigation. It simply offers lifesteal for those standing in it. It's an underestimated skill to be sure.

I noticed you're missing Elemental Drain or Spirit Siphon. You should probably slot at least one of those for a Trial as it helps sustain and keeps up your SPC up (Spirit Siphon counts as you healing people when they're hitting affected target). No need to run both as the other healer usually runs one or the other. For 4-man, you want Elemental Drain. You can try to run both for 4-man but it can prove to be uncomfortable.

Personally I think your best options for ultimates as a Sorc healer in general is Aggressive Warhorn + Negate. Barrier sadly only hits up to 6 targets including yourself and is a bit weak against the damage that a group can experience sometimes in Trial content. It can be a clutch lifesaver but other than that, it offers no damage buff or real damage mitigation for the group which can save the fight.

What this build does
    Unorthodox damage migration
    10% magicka regain
    10% stamina regain
    4k stamina to multiple allies ... a lot in trial as you are usually close to each other.
    Powerful heals

Unorthodox to be sure, effective perhaps but the best? Sadly not. Sorcerers, Nightblades and Dragonknights come nowhere close yet to a Magplar healer in terms of heals, group utility and adaptability to a lot of situations.

But if you're not looking to min-max and if you're not looking to optimize, then this is fine. But if you're expecting to do smoothly and aim for high scores (it's possible but unnecessarily harder), I'm just going to tell you what a lot of Trial groups would probably say: "Make a Templar".
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was exactly thinking this through let me do me better below.

How boring! ESO is more interesting this way. I am sure the creator of the stamina sorcerer thought the same. While this may never bare fruit. I have definitely already did everything but veteran trials without much difficulty

So theory crafting... cause you can wear anything normal trials and set let it work.

Version one

Gear
    Twlight Remedy
    Inflabilble Aether set
    master restro staff

Bar 1 Restro

Mysic orbs- For massive magicka return

Healing Springs - aoe heal with magick saving

Winged Twilight - Based off magicka

Undaunted Altar - I feel like this has some interesting potential. At 2% healing based on damage and synergy of either 30% or 70% health. I would use this at the star and during a heavy damage phase

Siphon Spirit - Magic and HP

Ult - Absorption field - 40k heal overtime or war horn

Bar 2 Destro
    Mystic orbs

Winged Twilight - Based off magicka and gives hp

Undaunted Altar - I feel like this has some interesting potential. At 2% healing based on damage and synergy of either 30% or 70% health. I would use this at the star and during a heavy damage phase

Emproward ward

Bound Amour

Ult Overlord
    Bar 3
    Power Surge
    Winged Twilight - Based off magicka
    Circle of protection
    Element Drain
    Bound Amour
    Ult Overlord

Overview

Killer trial healer can do it all from magicka regain, to killer you or your group... kidding... killers mobs to while give you resources and heals.

Cons
    Not exactly sure how great an idea using overlord as ult for healing build is...
    Edited by Tasear on December 10, 2016 8:54AM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will never experience veteran trials as a healer with this build, Tasear. In fact I can almost guarantee you that you will be rejected or even kicked out of the group from an experienced leader who is leading the veteran raid.

9siiwUe.jpg

If you're seriously wanting to get involved in veteran trials as a healer then I would highly suggest building up a Templar, and getting the following gear:

Spell power Cure (BIS)
    Inflabilble Aether (BIS)
    Worm (BIS)

Go to http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Templar to see what you're depriving your group of when you're healing as a sorc, and not as a Templar.

With this build does absolutely nothing to players who heavily depends on stamina for their source of DPS.... How are you suppose to sustain your tank with no shards?

Anyhow go to http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-templar-healer/ or search around on the forum to get information about Templar healing.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to break your game here, but no group that is serious about running veteran trials is going to take a sorcerer healer over a templar healer.