Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hows the low level mats working out with ONE TAM?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    As someone who plays and runs a BWB guild specifically, I can say the system as it is right now is jacked. We bring in many new players, we also reroll characters all the time. I am a master crafter and a serious farmer, I kinda have to be. I now find myself in a pickle when needing to gear up our guildies and new players.

I cannot just go farming on a low lvl character - all i would get is iron... And I cannot get the materials I need on my farmer as she is maxed out, I tried to respec, cost me tons of gold and time putting all those damn points back in and then... i have to choose which 'level' of material. This is bad and does not work out well.

My point is only this, not everyone in game is all about max level materials. There are people with needs and with the way material scaling is atm these needs are not being met. We need a better option for harvesting. We need options. Period.

I agree and have supported two such ideas, one from me (and many others) and one others suggested.
    1 - Remove the lower gear cap on mats so a crafter can use every node gathered (assume level/skill in sync) to craft gear for anyone his crafting capacity and lower.
    2 - Allow crafters to "dial-down" their scaling for nodes to any things they are capable of getting. Cp160 character with tier-10 wood could dial in any tier they want and go get rewards/drops/nodes whatever keyed to their setting.

i find these appropriate in scope - they dont mess with everybody else's gathering of nodes just to serve a few. They dont create any shortages in other players to be exploited. seems a win-win. i dont prefer the second since i dont see it serves a purpose to force such top-tier crafters to maintain separate inventory lists of tiers when by that point one would do. The lower tier "developing" mats are to me there for "as you develop thru levels" and the node scaling currently makes that work out for most. Don't see a need for the need for all tiers to be continued once you hit top tier. But some want it so... hey... give them options without taking things away from others is fine. i dont like mint choc chip but everybody who does should be allowed it.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of gear levels completely. No need to scale anything back, or have gear caps. They need to do to gear what they did for the rest of the game world.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just get rid of gear levels completely. No need to scale anything back, or have gear caps. They need to do to gear what they did for the rest of the game world.

Making mats used more cosmetic than level balance relevant?

Interesting.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Interesting.

That would be one way, but my thought was to have the mats mean something more to the overall gear than the level of the gear.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Interesting.

That would be one way, but my thought was to have the mats mean something more to the overall gear than the level of the gear.

Ahh ok interesting.

different from what we have now. could be better. could be worse.
    but completely different scheme.
    No idea if it would make mats more relevant across the board or less. i mean right now we have that with traits, right? use different mat get different benefit regardless of level. and we see almost all not used regularly vs a few "good choices" outside of circumstantial selections.

so, yeah, could be good, could be bad, could be better, could be worsae.

Different.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just put the nodes back to how they were before One Tam dropped.

With One Tam we now have 3 different zones we can go farm in for the level of mats we need.

So that alone should suffice in making nodes more available to everyone.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tia413 wrote: »
    I think they should just put the nodes back to how they were before One Tam dropped.

With One Tam we now have 3 different zones we can go farm in for the level of mats we need.

So that alone should suffice in making nodes more available to everyone.

1t
    Avg casual player has at any time 16-19 pve zones to gather mats keyed to their needs without dedicated farming trips. Any content is providing useful mats at all times. No mat based good or bad zones.
    Flow of mats into the game on broad scale is linked to population of players at various levels/skill actually playing content, gathering.
    More players find more useful mats eith scaled nodes and drops and frequency of useful drop sets so need for seeking out (possibly paying) other for routine advancement play.
    Subset of crafters have to change how they approach getting mats.

Pre-1t
    Avg casual playrr has at anytime 3-6 pve zones to gather mats keyed to their capabilities without dedicated farming trips. Only those few zones of content are providing useful mats at all times. Division between mat based good or bad zones leads to content being less worth doing for some zones.
    Subset of crafters have easier time gathering mats to use for (possible for profit) more casyal plsyrrs not finding useful mats in sufficient quality.

I will tale a pass on back to pre-1t, thanks.
    I will take a no one shafting everyone else nodes so a smsll subset csn keep ( possibly profitable) business as usual.

Instead, i will push for those crafters to get a little more flexibility in using thrir mats so that what they harvest is useful for all their needs.

Add capabilities /options to those that need them is usually for me a better approach than forcing specifc activities, limited options on others.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.