Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

for those of you who have gotten a ambrosa cipher

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
was it overland? does it drop in delves and public dungeons? how many argonians did you sacrifice?
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't sacrifice Argonians to find these items; you leash them and like truffle hunting hogs, you let them snuff them out for you.

Works wonderfully!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also would like to know this, minus the argonian part :P Can you get them from all overland creatures? eg Sabre Cats, Giants, etc.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grymmoire wrote: »
    You don't sacrifice Argonians to find these items; you leash them and like truffle hunting hogs, you let them snuff them out for you.

Works wonderfully!

omg....

Im on the floor XD

p.s totally taking a screenshot of that comment for posterity.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on November 13, 2016 3:52AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    Five hours killing monsters and farming nodes, zero cipher and zero dusk.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Works wonderfully!

The thought of that makes my Argonians scales dry. Argonians have been through enough.

On a more serious note, They promised their existence, not that they would be easily obtainable.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    On a more serious note, They promised their existence, not that they would be easily obtainable.

That's like promising aliens exist. If they never invade whats the point.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't heard of a single player that got an Aetheric Cipher which leads me to the conclusion that it's completely pointless to farm monsters in the hope to get one since...

A ) The drop rate must be below 1/100k*
    OR
    B ) The thing is not properly implemented and doesn't drop at all*
    OR
    C ) There is a silly mechanic like a global server cap (only 1 can drop per day or even per week)*

In any case, it's a waste of time to farm for this thing. I'm off to Wrothgar again where I get guaranteed 2x mats and 2x Maelstrom Weapons for the duration of the event :)

Also, do the people who buy Aetheric DUST for like 700k gold realize they will have to sell the new 150% XP potions for 175k gold each to make that back? I think most of these buyers must have confused Aetheric Dust with the Aetheric Cipher which I imagine could happen because the Dust does not have an item description in-game.

*(Assuming 200k players play on the PC EU server and kill about 30 monsters that can drop Aetheric Cipher per day, that would be 6m monsters killed per day and server. If the drop rate of Aetheric Cipher were 1/100k then an average of 60 units would have dropped on that server every day. That is clearly not the case!)

Edit: The drop rate for Aetheric Dust also seems to be like 1/10k or lower...
    Edited for typos.
    Edited by GaldorP on November 14, 2016 9:39AM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it's rare when ZOS, of all people, state explicitly in the patch notes that it's an "extremely rare" item.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When does this go live on xb?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    You know it's rare when ZOS, of all people, state explicitly in the patch notes that it's an "extremely rare" item.

This means it doesn't exist. They said the gold motifs in the daily quests were just " rare" and they very very seldom exist.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

This means it doesn't exist. They said the gold motifs in the daily quests were just " rare" and they very very seldom exist.

Remember that 0-point-something droprate on the imperial motif book (I think it was the motif, but maybe it was something other) during the very first days on PC? The droprate they later said they increased as their calcs rounded it down to actual zero?

Why not use the features in game already. Rounding-fecked RNG, it's not a bug, it's a feature!
    Edited by Leandor on November 14, 2016 11:21AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paying 100K+ for a recipe is silly. Before the patch Ambrosia recipe was ~30K and fragments were 2.5-3K, which was reasonable, now I've seen it sell for even 200K. I don't know the exact price for the consumable itself, but it was around 2-3K.

Paying 200K+ for a consumable that grants XP gain is even sillier, even if it were 10x, not merely 1.5x. XP gain is overrated in this game. I've been playing for a bit less than a year at vet level. I started playing my main on 01.10.2015 and reached level 50 on 23.11.2015. I've reached CP501 21.05.2016. Today I have CP743 and I'm gaining about 2 CP every 3 days just playing the game, doing pledges, doing trials, questing on my other characters etc. I've never subbed or used any XP potions or scrolls during that period, but there were ~6 weeks of double XP events - the Jubilee in April and Witches Festival that has just ended. I didn't grind CP either but I've played a lot of random dungeons, since this is my first MMO and I really wanted to get as much real experience playing in groups.

So I won't ever buy any XP modifiers, but I will craft and sell it if there is any demand. I won't fish because I find that boring as hell IRL, and more so in this game - I tried once during beta and there were the worst 5 minutes. I don't like to farm ore, wood and cloth, so people must bring their dust and roe if they want me to craft anything. My in game time is way too precious to waste grinding mobs or doing repetitive non-combat actions. I've even automated my writ crafting so it takes 4 clicks and 2 minutes instead of 30 clicks and 10 minutes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how the guy who made the topic asked something...yet every1 is talking about anything besides the matter at hand...so let me ask this bluntly...
    WHERE DOES IT DROP? IS THERE A FAMRSPOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR IT?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how the guy who made the topic asked something...yet every1 is talking about anything besides the matter at hand...so let me ask this bluntly...
    WHERE DOES IT DROP? IS THERE A FAMRSPOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR IT?

@xenowarrior92eb17_ESO

It has a chance, such as it is, to drop from any hostile mob in the game.

Have I seen one? No. But I would imagine the more mobs you kill, the better your overall chances. So, any of those good grind spots people have been using to level
    Edited by Nestor on November 15, 2016 7:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... when fighting a specific monster ...

could you please be more descriptive in what you mean by the term "monster" ?
    there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what this term's meaning is when we are talking about NPC's.
    not trying to be rude, just not sure on the specific's of what you guys mean by "monster"
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 15, 2016 7:29PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I just thought of something based on my comment above. The new potion is working as intended as we are killing 150% more mobs in hopes of having this drop. So, that alone has increased our Exp Gain by 150%.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the Mythic Aetherial Amrosia thread:
    freespirit wrote: »
    From Dev Tracker posted by Kai...........

"Monster" bezeichnet alls NSCs, egal ob menschlich oder nicht, die euch feindlich gegenüberstehen. Normale Bewohner, die mittels des Rechtssystems bestohlen oder angegriffen werden, gehören nicht dazu.

Google Translate says.........

"Monsters" means all NPCs, whether human or not, who are hostile to you. Normal residents who are robbed or attacked by means of the case do not belong to it.

:)

Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with this quote
    This extremely rare item can potentially be found on any monster within certain areas, listed below.
    from the 2.6.9 patch notes is the word potentially...

That leads me to believe the drop rate is not universal, but different mobs may have a different drop rates. I don't disagree with doing that, but I would personally like to know which mobs have better odds.

Also it is unclear to me if dungeons/delves/public dungeons count. It says the drops are specific to the zones listed, and while those are in the said zones, they all have their own specific zone chat which doesn't interact with the zone they are in. So are they really considered in those zones, or do dungeions/delves/pub dungeons count as their own unique zones...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was linked in another thread, that monster means any hostile enemy at all. So the bugs, the people, the animals, the ghosts, the atronachs, everything.

I have killed I would guess thousands of monsters and will probably kill thousands more before I get one. IF I ever get one.

If you want to use a highly populated area to kill enemies, just remember....so does everyone else. Everywhere is full of people killing mobs.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You know, I just thought of something based on my comment above. The new potion is working as intended as we are killing 150% more mobs in hopes of having this drop. So, that alone has increased our Exp Gain by 150%.

I was thinking exact same thing the day these were announced, also if you started farming them at level 3 you would probably be level 50 before it finally sinks in they dont exist :expressionless:
    < PC - EU >
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the current drop rate, these are basically unfarmable. It's like buying tens of thousands of lottery tickets each week hoping you win. It's just not going to happen that way. Anyone that gets one is getting it through pure luck and it might be on the millionth kill or the first.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Also it is unclear to me if dungeons/delves/public dungeons count. It says the drops are specific to the zones listed, and while those are in the said zones, they all have their own specific zone chat which doesn't interact with the zone they are in. So are they really considered in those zones, or do dungeions/delves/pub dungeons count as their own unique zones...

Your Parsing this too much.

Auridon Zone
    Mehrunes Spite Sub Zone of Auridon.

The stuff drops in the original zones for the game, so no one who does not have DLCs will be at a disadvantage. Craglorn is considered a DLC, even though its part of the base game as you did not have to pay for it.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the people in my trade guild got some dust yesterday. Despite being asked multiple times by multiple people, he would not give details. They are in game.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Paying 100K+ for a recipe is silly. Before the patch Ambrosia recipe was ~30K and fragments were 2.5-3K, which was reasonable, now I've seen it sell for even 200K. I don't know the exact price for the consumable itself, but it was around 2-3K.

Paying 200K+ for a consumable that grants XP gain is even sillier, even if it were 10x, not merely 1.5x. XP gain is overrated in this game. I've been playing for a bit less than a year at vet level. I started playing my main on 01.10.2015 and reached level 50 on 23.11.2015. I've reached CP501 21.05.2016. Today I have CP743 and I'm gaining about 2 CP every 3 days just playing the game, doing pledges, doing trials, questing on my other characters etc. I've never subbed or used any XP potions or scrolls during that period, but there were ~6 weeks of double XP events - the Jubilee in April and Witches Festival that has just ended. I didn't grind CP either but I've played a lot of random dungeons, since this is my first MMO and I really wanted to get as much real experience playing in groups.

So I won't ever buy any XP modifiers, but I will craft and sell it if there is any demand. I won't fish because I find that boring as hell IRL, and more so in this game - I tried once during beta and there were the worst 5 minutes. I don't like to farm ore, wood and cloth, so people must bring their dust and roe if they want me to craft anything. My in game time is way too precious to waste grinding mobs or doing repetitive non-combat actions. I've even automated my writ crafting so it takes 4 clicks and 2 minutes instead of 30 clicks and 10 minutes.

I don't see the appeal to all those xp scrolls and potions either. I do have the recipe but have never used it nor will i. I have around 20xp crown scrolls that i have obtained from various bundle on the crown store over the time I've played it, yet I have never used one. Never felt the need to. The only reason i haven't binned the xp scrolls, they only take up 1 inv slot in my bank and they're yellow. I'm a sucker for yellow in-game items.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on November 15, 2016 8:00PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

Works wonderfully!

The thought of that makes my Argonians scales dry. Argonians have been through enough.

The thought of that makes my redguard sorceress shudder... and all this time I've been peeling my argonian slave scales hoping for miracle drops but now I can use em whole as sacrificial truffle hounds!?
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't heard of a single person who's obtained an Aetheric Cipher nor seen a single Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia for sale in any guild store. Hm... Can anyone confirm this thing is actually in the game? O_o I know the Aetheric Dust is obtainable even though the chance to get one from a material node seems to be 1/10,000 or lower (or there's a global server limit which would be worse ><).
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD MAKE THIS INSANELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WHEN THEY ARE RELEASING ONES YOU CAN BUY FROM THE CROWN STORE WOWWWWWWWWWW

In all honesty they are doing what they have done to every item they release for real money, making it insane to obtain in game.. dog move but standard f2p b2p bs.

Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on November 15, 2016 11:24PM
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past 3 days I have spent more than 12hrs killing my at across Tamriel, gathering all nodes in come across, and have looted over 6k various raw materials/made around 30k gold from vendor trash .

Grand total?

NOT A SINGLE GD CIPHER/DUST.

Seems legit.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    In the past 3 days I have spent more than 12hrs killing my at across Tamriel, gathering all nodes in come across, and have looted over 6k various raw materials/made around 30k gold from vendor trash .

Grand total?

NOT A SINGLE GD CIPHER/DUST.

Seems legit.

At least it gave me a break from getting maelstrom decon for a few hours...
    :disappointed:
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm like 4 months away from 2 years playing the game. I had 5 vr16s and 3 vr1's before deleting my DC characters(1vr16 2vr1) and raised 3 more to vr 1 before the vr levels were removed. I have over 760 cp points... On my main account. My second account has something over 225 CP with two level 50s.

In all that time played I have found absolutely zero Imperial motifs, and I love to open everything. So while I can understand people complaining about not finding the dust... People who are complaining about not finding the cypher in less than a week, just blow my mind. Like should it really just be so easy and if so why should it be so easy?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs