The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Bug] Sprint Locked

Nifty2g
Nifty2g
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you please fix the bug that locks you in sprint during combat for whatever reason, locks your bars up only way to get rid of it is to hit shift or escape
#MOREORBS
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Can you please fix the bug that locks you in sprint during combat for whatever reason, locks your bars up only way to get rid of it is to hit shift or escape
    That's like asking ZOS to fix stuck in combat bug, or tab target siege/wall bug, or infinite load screen bug, or teleporting eclipse/talons bug, or fall dmg bug. :trollface:
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    That's like asking ZOS to fix stuck in combat bug, or tab target siege/wall bug, or infinite load screen bug, or teleporting eclipse/talons bug, or fall dmg bug. :trollface:
    I hope they all get fixed really soon :( this one is quite irritating been around for so long
    #MOREORBS
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    I hope they all get fixed really soon :( this one is quite irritating been around for so long
    Solution: don't slot any skills on your hotbar, use only light & heavy attacks, you wont even notice when this bug happens.

Judging from all the light/heavy attack proc sets being added, I believe this is the proper ZOS approved fix.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably my least favourite of all the bugs. For some reason I get this bug non-stop. I've actually gotten to the point where I've worked the sprint key into my rotation between abilities just to make them work.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 20, 2015 12:32PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My left pinky finger has been trained to drop down and hit ctrl automatically to put me in stealth whenever I need it and often when I don't. It's a little scary actually. It's almost like a split personality taking over part of my brain.

On topic though, sometimes it gets confused in the heat of battle and hits shift instead. At this point full panic mode starts because none of my skills work and all I can do is move. If I am lucky, somebody has marked me as well. This lasts until I wise up and bang on the shift key again and throw in a weapons swap attempt for good measure because I have been trained to weapon swap to solve so many other issues.

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My left pinky finger has been trained to drop down and hit ctrl automatically to put me in stealth whenever I need it and often when I don't. It's a little scary actually. It's almost like a split personality taking over part of my brain.

On topic though, sometimes it gets confused in the heat of battle and hits shift instead. At this point full panic mode starts because none of my skills work and all I can do is move. If I am lucky, somebody has marked me as well. This lasts until I wise up and bang on the shift key again and throw in a weapons swap attempt for good measure because I have been trained to weapon swap to solve so many other issues.
    Usually when it happens during PvP I run around trying to hit someone sprint locked and all my stam is wasted and then it's pretty much over :D
    This Bug has been incredibly coming back to the surface lately, not sure what causes it
    #MOREORBS
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    ESO ZOS, we can't fix it?

Its not a bug, its a feature.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is anyone able to send us a quick video showing this bug in action? It always helps to have all the info in one place where we can see it actually happening.

Does it seem to happen when fighting a specific monster, or in a specific area? Or just random during combat?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone able to send us a quick video showing this bug in action? It always helps to have all the info in one place where we can see it actually happening.

Does it seem to happen when fighting a specific monster, or in a specific area? Or just random during combat?
    Hey thanks for replying
    I'm personally unable to capture footage but I can describe as best as I can, I think this is also a user experience type thing. Your bars become locked up and the game thinks you're holding down your sprint key and happens until you hit sprint to make it unlock, it's random during combat and even just open world stuff. I think it happens when hitting an ability or roll dodging at the same time, I'll get on in a bit and try to recreate it
    #MOREORBS
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For the record this bug was introduced with 1.6 not PTS, it just became far more prevalent in 1.7 for some reason.

I have video of this bug or a similar one occurring (where you can't break free and using your right mouse button just doesn't work at all until you/reload UI). I could upload it if you guys think it would help.

I'll also upload the greyed out bar bug video the next time it happens to me as well.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an ongoing thing and not just in combat - sometimes when you're sprinting / galloping and you release the shift key, it simply doesn't stop sprinting/galloping. It seems unpredictable when it actually happens - although I seem to see it more often if I hit shift for a split second then when I'm galloping, etc.

I strongly suspect this is related to the relatively frequent issue where you try to trigger off Rapid Maneuver while mounted and nothing happens -- the workaround fix is to press and release Shift to briefly gallop and get the client to register that you're no longer galloping, and *usually* (but not always - sometimes you have to do it again) you're then able to fire off Rapid Maneuver.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    I found a very easy way to recreate what I am talking about, simply double hit sprint instead of holding, right as you go to hit sprint for the second time start moving around, your bars will be locked up and you'll be stuck in sprint mode without having to hold down your sprint key, if you stand still it doesn't fix it and you and light attack or use potions.

Hope you're able to recreate that,
    #MOREORBS
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found a very easy way to recreate what I am talking about, simply double hit sprint instead of holding, right as you go to hit sprint for the second time start moving around, your bars will be locked up and you'll be stuck in sprint mode without having to hold down your sprint key, if you stand still it doesn't fix it and you and light attack or use potions.

^This. I think I get the bug a lot due to all the button mashing I do. It's basically suicide to accidentally tap the sprint key while you PvP. I get the bug enough that I just happen to have footage of it in video's already.

I have the sprint bug several times during this fight, but it's hard to see because I'm usually quick to counter it by tapping the sprint key and it's easy to get mixed up between sprint bug and CC.

The following are two occasions where I had the sprint bug long enough to see it in action:

3 mins 56 secs - 4 mins 13 secs
    8 mins 20 secs - 8 mins 28 secs

You will see my bars are greyed out and I am sprinting in circles wondering why I can't block the incoming meteor.

https://youtu.be/_A_1jft5x0Q

Also on an unrelated note there is also another bug in this video, @ 2 mins 24 secs I get hit by an enemy with the Death's Wind set which causes me to lay on the ground for a long period of time. This has been a bug for as long as I can remember, well over a year, maybe even since launch.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug seems related to sprinting into a load screen. If you are sprinting and a load screen pops up even if you let go of shift you will still be sprinting after the load screen has passed. You need to press and let go of shift to fix that one and this sounds similar. If I was going to bet on it I would say sprinting makes 2 checks, if you pressed shift and if you let go of it. If the game never picks up the fact you let go of shift (either with lag or in a load screen) it won't know to stop your sprinting. This could be fixed if the game only made 1 check, while shift is pressed then sprint.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys! We'll gather up all this info and pass it along.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This was a small problem before you introduced weapon swap while sprinting. But once that was introduced it became wide spread.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another example of the bug. Along with that, there is also an issue where you try to use a potion and it makes the sound but isn't actually used.

Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent :o
    #MOREORBS
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

This recreated the bug for me.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to cry if this is fixed when the update comes to live
    #MOREORBS
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would providing "stuck in-combat" footage help to finally get something done about that one help too?! I'm sure we can bury ZOS with terrabytes of footage of that one.

Or you could just watch your own Dev Playing twitch cast...
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    We have a fix in testing for two cases. One is “getting stuck in sprint when tapping sprint multiple times” and the other is “getting stuck in sprint when tapping sprint and block rapidly multiple times”. If all goes well, the fix should make it in for when Orsinium goes live.

Thanks @Nifty2g, @Ezareth, for the repro steps, they helped quite a bit. We’re still investigating the other cases, and any help in narrowing down the exact reproduction steps would be greatly appreciated.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    We have a fix in testing for two cases. One is “getting stuck in sprint when tapping sprint multiple times” and the other is “getting stuck in sprint when tapping sprint and block rapidly multiple times”. If all goes well, the fix should make it in for when Orsinium goes live.

Thanks @Nifty2g, @Ezareth, for the repro steps, they helped quite a bit. We’re still investigating the other cases, and any help in narrowing down the exact reproduction steps would be greatly appreciated.

All this effort to fix something that's helps save my pinky finger from increased pain.

Can't you put some effort into making sprint a toggle? You know, "press and release to turn sprint on, press and release to turn sprint off"? Since you deliberately prevent Addons from doing this, YOU should do it.

Seriously, I'm so tired of pressing a key the entire time while riding my horse to and fro. It pains me, literally.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Excellent. Thanks @ZOS_RyanRuzich !

I'm not certain if the issue I am continually experiencing has to sprint but it does have something to do with either block and/or using Sword and Shield / Defensive posture possibly.

I have several videos of this happening to me but the nature of the bug affecting me makes it extremely difficult to determine exactly when it happened by watching videos as all of my abilities continue to work perfectly. What happens is I can't hold block or use my left mouse button in any respect. Basically it becomes impossible for me to use a wayshrine or port anywhere or block or break free until I do a /reloadui. No amount of tapping sprint will clear this up for me.

I'm trying to narrow down the possible culprits through elimination by watching my videos from the last moment I blocked until I'm certain I'm experiencing the bug. If you guys think videos would help I can upload and send you a private link.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RyanRuzich awesome news and great stuff :smile:
    #MOREORBS
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro a thread about an old problem but the issue of sprint-locked bars has resurfaced sometime in the last few patches. I first saw it a couple of weeks ago while fighting Ozara in a normal Sanctum Ophidia farm run. I was on my nightblade at the time. I dodge rolled through Ozara to unpin a player and then could no longer cast abilities. The bizarre message "you cannot do that while sprinting" flashed in the corner of my screen. The weird thing is I wasn't even sprinting.

Flash forward to this week, again on my night blade, this time in Maelstrom arena #2's boss. Dodged out of one if the centurion's AOEs and my bars lock up. I put some distance between me in the boss, tap the sprint key and I'm back in business.

Last night, on my DK, during a veteran Maw of Lorkaj, this time on my dragon knight. I dodge out of a Sun Eater's suppression field and bars lock, you can't do that while sprinting.

I've had several other strange bar lockups before this as well which I've bug reported.

@ZOS_RyanRuzich, if you're still around, think you could flag this bug for some regression testing?

Thanks.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on July 21, 2016 2:17AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanRuzich I concur with @lonewolf26 . A bar lock bug is back in the game.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 21, 2016 12:59AM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbone, but this glitch occurs for me following the now infamous random loading screens in towns and dungeons. Usually have to hard reset the xbox to get it to stop. Stuck that way in SO 2 days ago for 5 minutes+. Can't imagine that's tied to blocking or sprinting since it happens in load screen
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA here,. It's possible there is more than one way to get sprint locked. Lag/ping spikes could be a contributing factor.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a similar vein, I was sprinting during a random loading screen in Cyro last night and got locked into sprint. There was no way to regain control using controls and I was locked out of everything. The only way to get back to 'normal' was to sprint until I had zero stamina left - not ideal in combat!
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP