The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

for those of you who have gotten a ambrosa cipher

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    I'm like 4 months away from 2 years playing the game. I had 5 vr16s and 3 vr1's before deleting my DC characters(1vr16 2vr1) and raised 3 more to vr 1 before the vr levels were removed. I have over 760 cp points... On my main account. My second account has something over 225 CP with two level 50s.

In all that time played I have found absolutely zero Imperial motifs, and I love to open everything. So while I can understand people complaining about not finding the dust... People who are complaining about not finding the cypher in less than a week, just blow my mind. Like should it really just be so easy and if so why should it be so easy?
    The problem is that it seems like nobody got one, on servers which combined should have several hundred thousand players. And it can litarally drop from any monster in non-dlc, non-Craglorn zones. Every player kills those types of monsters. It means the drop rate is like one in a million or worse/bugged/there is a global server limit.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how they tested to see if it drops at this incredibly low drop rate???
    Maybe in a month or 2 they will post a hot-fix, apologizing that they stuffed up the code and the cipher will now drop as expected. Meanwhile.... 7 trillion 'monsters' and thousands of gibbering cipher farmers have suffered a terminal fate.

• Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm like 4 months away from 2 years playing the game. I had 5 vr16s and 3 vr1's before deleting my DC characters(1vr16 2vr1) and raised 3 more to vr 1 before the vr levels were removed. I have over 760 cp points... On my main account. My second account has something over 225 CP with two level 50s.

In all that time played I have found absolutely zero Imperial motifs, and I love to open everything. So while I can understand people complaining about not finding the dust... People who are complaining about not finding the cypher in less than a week, just blow my mind. Like should it really just be so easy and if so why should it be so easy?

I feel your pain.... have 7 L50s, close to 630 CP and have NEVER seen an imperial motif either. Refuse to pay 50k+ for the damn thing....
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand dust complaints but not the cipher. You only need one ever, it shouldnt be found in a day
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember they are bringing in an xp scroll in the crown shop, so the cipher is probably 1 in a billion. This way they live up to their "You will never be able to buy something with money that you can't make in game.", but still force people to buy the scroll.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember they are bringing in an xp scroll in the crown shop, so the cipher is probably 1 in a billion. This way they live up to their "You will never be able to buy something with money that you can't make in game.", but still force people to buy the scroll.

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing has gone to the absurd. I have seen ingredients for the new recipes selling at 150k. I have seen pieces of the original recipe selling for 50k. I don't understand WHY people who have the original recipe have to get another original recipe? That is a big screw you to those people. A typical zos slap in the face for those who took the time to grind or pay for it. Also, 20k for perfect roe? You have got to be kidding.

With those prices, only the richest of the rich will be able to get these pots. Or only the dumbest of the dumb will fork that kind of cash over for it. As it stands now, based on prices I have seen, I would say 50k per pot would be average or low. At 150 for the new ingredient, 15-20k for roe, and factoring in that some people might want to get back what they put into the recipe cost, yeah, 50k per pot. That's *** madness. And meanwhile I have seen pots tick past 3-3.5k

It's totally borked the markets and god knows what it will do to the old pots in general. In an attempt to give some cool xp to people they have done it so wrongly that it is backfiring already. Or perhaps that is the plan so that people will cave and get the xp scrolls that I suspect were selling like crazy during the event. Either way, the whole thing is looking worse by the day. 150% xp boost for well what will probably be more than 20k. Only the rich and/or dumb will pay that. It's enough to make you laugh.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD MAKE THIS INSANELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WHEN THEY ARE RELEASING ONES YOU CAN BUY FROM THE CROWN STORE WOWWWWWWWWWW

In all honesty they are doing what they have done to every item they release for real money, making it insane to obtain in game.. dog move but standard f2p b2p bs.

Sure, but so what? This is an item you can definitely live without. F2P would be doing the same with tempers. That and ofc making the game available free...
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD MAKE THIS INSANELY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WHEN THEY ARE RELEASING ONES YOU CAN BUY FROM THE CROWN STORE WOWWWWWWWWWW

In all honesty they are doing what they have done to every item they release for real money, making it insane to obtain in game.. dog move but standard f2p b2p bs.

As far as I understood, you can't buy the crown store scrolls directly, you have to gamble with the crates to get them as a rare drop. And I believe those scrolls were about as rare as an apex mount.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rng is Rng... I have been playing since release on Xbox One and i have found 4 maybe 5 Imperial Motifs. However i seem to be unlucky getting gold crafting materials via decons.

Edit* The funny thing is, i never craft Imperial style... I would much rather craft the new Hallow Jack style as it looks really cool.

Edited by Hammy01 on November 16, 2016 9:59AM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAn anyone confirm or deny whether this applies to monsters/mobs in dungeons?

Not sure whether they are overland, underland, wombling free?
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on November 16, 2016 10:11AM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing that forces people to buy the scrolls, riding lessons, various other consumables which have in game alternatives which are often better or a plethora of cosmetic items, either directly or in bundles/RNG crates, that are basically useless. The only things I've found to be worth buying are the DLCs and the character slots. The rest is just fluff.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this is zos fault for making the game 2 casual friendly for filthy casuals that qq 24/7 and want to get everything in 1-2 hours at most... and be competitive and beat end game content with the least amount played and game understanding so I'm totally fine with hard to get...would feel more rewarding but sadly the current reward is just not worth it...I also think the game itself would benefit a lot if we would start to get CHAR bound items instead of acc bound...and make end game gear truly useful and acquirable only through vet trials as it should be...so far there is nothing and not real need for stuff from trials...also after we get them we have no need for them...pvp if only proc builds... oh well one can still hope!
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you pc guys have it easy with those prices. 50k for imperial motif, 20k for ambrosia fragment. Xbox 200k imperial motif, 200k for frags that were selling for 4k, 2mil on the whole recipe. And it hasn't even hit xbox yet.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Man you pc guys have it easy with those prices. 50k for imperial motif, 20k for ambrosia fragment. Xbox 200k imperial motif, 200k for frags that were selling for 4k, 2mil on the whole recipe. And it hasn't even hit xbox yet.

how do you live
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    With those prices, only the richest of the rich will be able to get these pots. Or only the dumbest of the dumb will fork that kind of cash over for it. As it stands now, based on prices I have seen, I would say 50k per pot would be average or low. At 150 for the new ingredient, 15-20k for roe, and factoring in that some people might want to get back what they put into the recipe cost, yeah, 50k per pot. That's *** madness. And meanwhile I have seen pots tick past 3-3.5k

And who need such Potions :)?
    No one, getting to Rank 50 is allreay easy enough.
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    how many argonians did you sacrifice?

dude. wat.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another dumb thing to add to a tireless grind. I thought perfect roe was getting bad as the drop rates has been terrible lately, but why provide us with a recipe that you can't even get the ingredients for? All the grinding for the item, you would have gained far more xp than if you use the stupid potion. Makes no sense but hey, hello crown store right zos?
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw an aetheric cipher drop since november 2016 when it was introduced.

Maybe they not exist or are bad implemented.

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arvilla wrote: »
    Five hours killing monsters and farming nodes, zero cipher and zero dusk.

5 hours?! Been madly farming and picking up every nodes, chests, and killing adds, mobs and beasties every damn where for other stuff since One Tamriel hit, but never once seen a cipher. I still don't know what cipher is use for and why the hell folks that has it are putting sale price on it from 3-10 millions. Who the hell has millions laying around just to drop on a single item? What.. does it give you God-mode or something?
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    was it overland? does it drop in delves and public dungeons? how many argonians did you sacrifice?

Foolish ways. Anyone with higher cognitive functions knows that you need to sacrifice Bretons.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another dumb thing to add to a tireless grind. I thought perfect roe was getting bad as the drop rates has been terrible lately, but why provide us with a recipe that you can't even get the ingredients for? All the grinding for the item, you would have gained far more xp than if you use the stupid potion. Makes no sense but hey, hello crown store right zos?

Why did you bump an old thread...
  • MNsnowtaTy
    MNsnowtaTy
    ✭✭✭

I got lucky, I found two Imperial motifs in about a month's time of just questing and searching everything on my way as I normally do to constantly fill my crafting bag. I'm a "oh a piece of candy" guy when it comes to running between quests. I've also gotten two perfect roe in 40 fillets of fish, and once found the dust in Cyrodiil in an alchemy plant. However, I've gone on long dry spells of all of the above too. Even have had just over 200 fish for a single perfect roe.

I saw one posted on PS4 the other day from a guy in Deshaan, got it killing monsters he said.

My biggest suggestion, don't farm for it. Just let it happen, when it happens. Play and have fun and when you least expect it, there it will be.......hopefully.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    arvilla wrote: »
    Five hours killing monsters and farming nodes, zero cipher and zero dusk.

5 hours?! Been madly farming and picking up every nodes, chests, and killing adds, mobs and beasties every damn where for other stuff since One Tamriel hit, but never once seen a cipher. I still don't know what cipher is use for and why the hell folks that has it are putting sale price on it from 3-10 millions. Who the hell has millions laying around just to drop on a single item? What.. does it give you God-mode or something?

TTC lists alot of them at 1.2-2m now, came down cause of the 100% pot.